View Full Version : 1.3 patching issue.
18th Nov 06, 9:49 PM
:flamer: :flamer: :flamer:
I am having the same problem.
Tried the stick of ram trick with no luck.
Also tried the selective install.
Tired dozens of reinstalls. Deleted everything COH that I could find with no luck.
I get the missing file type error message when the patch finishes - it says "Patching Error -The patching system detects that critical game files have been modified....."
I love any other thoughts
I am running intel core 2 duo - my other buddies all have amd and they have had no problems.
The game crashses once i try to load multiplayer - seems to run ok - except for multiplayer - bahhhh
19th Nov 06, 2:09 AM
What's it say in the patch.err file?
Post in a new thread, your warnings.log file and a log file from http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt
19th Nov 06, 5:33 PM
error ept0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
found. No update done since file contents do not match.
This is what the patch err file provides.
Any help would be great.
19th Nov 06, 10:25 PM
Yeah, that's one of the big archives.
I *suspect* you'll have to look at doing something funky to get this sorted out, like physically removing half of your memory.
19th Nov 06, 10:31 PM
Tried that already.
1. Installed to non-raid drive.
2. Fresh uninstall/reinstall
3. Copied to HDD and then installed
4. Selective Start-up
Any other ideas?
19th Nov 06, 10:32 PM
Scandisk and clean out temp directories.
22nd Nov 06, 3:56 PM
Uber, as you know, I have had the same problem. Please take a look at my dxdiag.txt file.
22nd Nov 06, 5:20 PM
Sorry, what am I looking at here?
23rd Nov 06, 11:23 PM
I have been trying to figure out teh 1.3 patch for a while - I get a patching error every time I install it. The patch.err files reads as follows:
error ept0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.
I have tried the following:
1. Virus scan
2. disable virus software while install
3. selective install
4. removing a stick of ram
6. download patch from various sites
7. copy entire game from dvd to hdd and installed
8. copied files from dvd to replace ww2art.sga
None of these methods worked. Please post any other ideas. I am giving relic one more week and then I am done with them forever.
The hijackthis and warnings files are attached.
My dxdiag file can be found on this thread.
24th Nov 06, 12:08 AM
I've merged most of your posts into this thread, including the one with your dxdiag.txt from the other thread you reference since you keep spamming a bunch of other posts then stop following up, only to show up again like you never posted before.
STICK TO THIS THREAD FROM NOW ON PLEASE.
Uninstall the game.
Delete the directory which you installed it to.
Do a selective startup, with nothing running at all.
Install the game.
Patch the game to 1.3. DO NOT ALT TAB WHILE PATCHING.
24th Nov 06, 7:06 PM
Had the exact same problem and your last advise worked as a charm.. only thing that I had a problem with was translating "selective startup" so I thought that giving my word on it could help.
go the start menu and press "run"
type "msconfig" an options panel will pop up and there you chose "selctive startup" and deselect programs loading when starting (dont know exact wording as my main language is not english).. this is what I did, restart, install :) and make sure that you have followed Jumpers post by deleteing former directory yadayada.....
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.