View Full Version : [Bug/Issues] Opposing Fronts - AI and other stuff
26th Sep 07, 9:07 PM
1. British AI doesn't move the 17 pounder AT gun, if you go around it.
2. Played an Expert British AI on Sturzdorf and set to annihilation. I cleared the entire map, verified more than once, and British kept calling in a new HQ command truck. Quit the game and checked the entire map. Watched the reply from the British AI perspective and they had nothing on the map.
At one point it almost looked like the AI was about to make a trench as the outline for one was on the ground but I couldn't click it. It disappeared a few minutes before I quit so not sure if it was anything. Screens and replay available but I assume/hope it was just a fluke thing.
3. I noticed something else that, while not that big of a deal, I'm not sure why it was changed from vCOH? When I was playing Americans against Wehrmacht I noticed that, if you grab a dropped enemy MG42 or Mortar (these are the only two I have noticed for sure), it will not show the number of men in the squad next to the mg or mortar pic (the one above the squads head). You can see the number of men if you physically click on the squad and then look in the taskbar.
Not a huge issue but I really noticed it when I had the MG garrisoned in a building. Couldn't tell how many guys were still in the building because it didn't show without clicking on the building. The MG's and mortar's I actually created from the WSG were fine.
4. Had three rifle squads that had each lost men. Grabbed them all and clicked to reinforce each. I noticed that, when I had all three squads selected and was tabbing through them, it didn't show that they were reinforcing (the taskbar area where it would show beneath the pics was empty).
If I clicked on each squad (as in, not grouped) it would show they were. I could have swore in vCOH you would see the reinforcements taking place if you tabbed through your squads? Or maybe I just need to sleep.
Edit - Adding others from below.
5. It took 7 shots from a King Tiger tank to take out a STATIONARY USA Jeep in a skirmish game.
6. The MG42s in the Wehrmacht halftrack (from Krieg Barracks) have different firing sounds. The one in the back has the "original" MG42 firing sound from the actual weapon teams. The one in the front has a different sound.
26th Sep 07, 10:09 PM
yes, I have also noticed no. 4
26th Sep 07, 10:33 PM
Reinforcements are queued just like upgrades now. They are no longer separate. That means a Volks squad has to wait until reinforcements finish producing to upgrade MP40s, etc. You can't see them if you tab through. You have to click on the squad directly.
26th Sep 07, 10:56 PM
Agreed on the british AI, it's gotta be the worst AI I've ever seen.
27th Sep 07, 5:24 AM
I've also noticed few things and I doubt that making a new topic would be a good option, so I'm gonna post here.
1. It took 7 shots from a King Tiger tank to take out a STATIONARY USA Jeep in a skirmish game.
2. The MG42s in the Wehrmacht halftrack (from Krieg Barracks) have different firing sounds. The one in the back has the "original" MG42 firing sound from the actual weapon teams. The one in the front has a different sound.
I can confirm the bug nr 3 of the first poster. Captured weapon teams lose the member counter when they get damaged.
Can anyone confirm that mortar hits have a 100% chance to damage the engine of pumas?
for nr. 4
in vCoH you could not in anyway cancel or check reinforcements.
and for nr. 6
It's because isn't not MG42, it's MG36/38 IIRC
27th Sep 07, 6:42 AM
Do units seems unresponsive as well?
I am selecting units (especially motorised) and they are resonding with "Ostwind ready For action" I tell them to move and they just sit there. After about 5 tries it moves. Well thats if it isnt dead by that time.
The game since the patch seems sluggish somehow.
anyone else notice this?
also theres seems to be a connecting to games bug.. sometimes you can.. sometimes you can't for no apparent reason.
27th Sep 07, 7:57 AM
There is a strange bug that has persisted since beta, and although it has happened to me three times now I have no idea how to duplicate it. It simply occurs after a match has been going on for some time, at that point if I try to band select a single unit, I also somehow grab a unit all the way across the map. When this bug occurs, when u click on another unit, it removes it from the group you have selected. IE I have 3 grenadiers selected and want to tell my tankbusters to target a vehicle, well when I go to singly select them, instead they get dropped out of the group, now I have to hit escape to clear the whole group and select just the single tankbusters again, meaning I have to try and click on individual infantry in a mass of units. Also units tend to be completely unresponsive, they will not listen to stop commands and if you hit retreat they simply WALK back to your HQ without the retreat symbol over their heads. The little dotted I am going to walk to here path appears and they just gingerly walk on home. Eventually this bug clears itself up but it seriously is game breaking when it hits in the middle of an intense match.
Another one I have noticed, is that if you hit Rapid Fire for the PE Panzer 4 or Hull Down for Churchills WHILE they are attack moving something, they setup the ability while continuing to chase the unit across the map. IE you have a Rapid Fire PZ4 or a Hull Downed Churchill chasing units, at which point they also completely ignore commands unless you pop them out of their deployed status, they just zoom all over the map with no particular direction.
More stuffs- Matches aren't recording correctly (sorry for repeating this but it's also a big bummer).
Bedum, a new 2v2 map, and unfortunately my favorite, is not on the list for 2v2 ranked play, yet the scheldt is :-\ Rather troubling to say the least.
But yeah, these are just bugs that need to be fixed, not including balance issues at the moment :(
28th Sep 07, 6:19 PM
Yeah i've noticed #2, 4 & 5. With 2, i also had that happen to me, where new Field HQ's just kept comming in and the match wouldn't end, i've seved the game, as well as the replay if anyone whats to looks at it. I also had a similar thing happen to me when playing in a 2vs2 map as British against 2x PE, i kicked their arses, and destroyed their buildings, but the game didn't end there, i was playing the 4p map from Henry666's Desert Mappack (despite being made for vCoH).
As for #4, its really annoying, and i actually prefer the original system. I do remember that with some units like Grenadiers, if you where re-enforcing, and bought a weapon upgrade, the upgrade would wait till the re-enforcing was done before starting the upgrade, same as the original US Para's recoilless reifles upgradde would halt if they went out of allied territory.
Another bug i found was that original Wehrmacht units couldn't pick up dropped British weapons, i noticed this with an unupgraded Volks squad you wouldn't pick up the Bren they were standing next to. I don't know if it effects all Wehr squads, or if its vCoH squads trying to pick up OF weapons, or if its vice verse as well, more testing needed on that one.
28th Sep 07, 6:39 PM
I have a few to add, I'd like to see if anyone has noticed this. MG's when placed in buildings now seem to be pretty bad at switching windows, I've had MG42's get attacked while in a building and not fire on the enemy because the mger was in another window, he didn't switch.
Also, in the same game, I was playing as defensive doctrine. When I built 88's I noticed that they had the medpak ability (which is neat cause I thought it was removed for them) and I saw that the pak38 didn't have it. However, later in the game, upon researching lvl3 light vehicle vet or battle phase I noticed that the 88 no longer had the medpak ability, and now the pak38 did. Is this a feature or a bug, if it's a feature, why and under what circumstance does this happen?
28th Sep 07, 9:44 PM
MG's when placed in buildings now seem to be pretty bad at switching windows, I've had MG42's get attacked while in a building and not fire on the enemy because the mger was in another window, he didn't switch. noticed this too.
1. assault grenadier portrait is not consistent. the ingame unit is wearing the brown jacket like the tankbuster units, but the protrait shows it as wearing the blue/grey pg uniform.
2. windows of the new world buildings in OF (the dutch themed ones) don't have reflections like all the old buildings in vcoh.
3. king tiger call-in button shows tiger ace, not the king tiger (even tho the actual doctrine list shows the king tiger)
4. most importantly: wehrmacht sniper vet 3 no longer gets double shot. i'm sure, it's not a matter of camo-ing or whatever. it simply DOES NOT have the double shot anymore. i tried everything.
29th Sep 07, 9:47 AM
The double shot was removed during beta.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.