View Full Version : Warhammer 40000: Fire In The Sky
11th Oct 11, 11:47 AM
Warhammer 40000: Fire In The Sky is a total conversion for Star Wars: Empire At War - Forces Of Corruption. The goal of modification is to recreate world of Warhammer 40000 on the EaW engine. Our development team: Nagentus - models, textures, code, animations etc. Andrei355 - models. Rai - game designer. But less word, more pictures.
Showing only screenshots of models what are ready to texture
After 3 month of hard work we are releasing our first alpha:
website update http://fireinthesky.2x2forum.ru/
12th Oct 11, 1:11 AM
http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/15/17/39/12/imperi10.jpg - Imperial Cruiser.
12th Oct 11, 8:04 PM
Very awesome. :D
13th Oct 11, 1:34 PM
Finished with textures for Imperial Cruisers.
13th Oct 11, 4:32 PM
Awesome looking ships, GL :)
13th Oct 11, 8:30 PM
Wow very nice.
14th Oct 11, 12:30 AM
Great vision guys.
This is a fantastic looking mod, great job!!!
16th Oct 11, 2:04 PM
17th Oct 11, 11:20 AM
Quite nice to see another venture in the BFG field. I can but wish you success in this.
A few questions to better comprehend the extent of the work done or to be done or again what you might have in store for later development (bear in mind i'm not cognisant in SW:EaW; indulge me and interest me) :
- How do you plan to implement (or have implemented) torpedoes?
- How are shields being worked out?
- Are weapon/lance batteries arcs of fire implementable and if so in what measure did you manage to carbon-copy the TT rules? (i see the prow lance on the Repulsive rotates so i suppose you've at least partly dealt with it...)
- How do attack crafts/fighters work? Have they separate roles or did you use only one type to fit both functions?
- Are turrets possible and if so how effective have you made them if the above has been worked on?
- Any plans on implementing any of the special actions like boarding/hit-and-run, ramming, etc. ?
- Is there any differentiation in critical damage (as i seem to see ships listing badly or apparently suffering fires in the vid)? Do you plan to implement the TT damage rules to the full, (perhaps like the HW/2 subsystems), and their consequences on the ships, eg. lack of control for 'bridge shattered' or again plasma/warp drives explosion with a damage radius? (although from the Emperor BS vid i suspect there is no 'blast' damage... yet?)
- Any chance derelicts/debris/blast markers become 'world' elements likely to cause damage or block passage?
- How is ponderousness treated? Do all ships share the same speed and turn amplitude or do they react accordingly to the classes they belong to?
Expect more Qs as you show further progress. ;)
17th Oct 11, 11:44 AM
1) Torpedoes. The are just like a simple projectiles but with low speed and almost unlimited distance. And ofc they ignore shields.
2) Low amount of shield and fast recharge.
3) Firing arcs are just like in tabletop.
4) We have fighters and bombers. Well, everything is rather obvious here. Bombers hit capitals, fighters hit bombers. Bombers ignore shields. Fighters do no damage to capitals, but they are really effective against bombers.
5) Possible. You can see flak effects in Repulsive's video. They do average damage to swarm ships. Sadly, but they cant hit torpedoes (engine limitation).
6) Boarding and Hit-and-Run - may be. I have some ideas how to port them in EaW. Ramming - i doubt, engine limitations again.
7) Critical hits system is not like in tabletop. All ship's batteries/shield generatos/engines are targetable hardpoints, so you can chose wich one you'll destroy first (closest example - HW2).
8) Nope, it's totally impossible on EaW engine.
9) Every ship has its own speed and turn rate characteristics according to BFG TT.
17th Oct 11, 12:15 PM
My first texture
17th Oct 11, 12:40 PM
I must say i tried to get through all of the russian site (peanuts in what concerns the english part of it :p ), but it's sometimes a little garbled ( eg. supernos/supernosom ????). I get the geist of it though -being a fellow TT player helps a lot- but it could be a huge boost to your potential user-base to develop that part.
Concerning factions/races (even though it is probably too early as of yet):
- Re. eldar, do you plan to work on the corsairs or the craftworld kin or both?
- Re. the Imperium, any plans for a SM fleet?
17th Oct 11, 12:50 PM
Well, if our little forum makes you incomfortable you can visit ModDB page (http://www.moddb.com/mods/warhammer-40000-fire-in-the-sky) special for english speaking users :)
Concerning "supernos". It's untranslatable :) That means armoured prow (6+ armor).
2) Only in plans now. Possibly as the part of IN.
17th Oct 11, 1:25 PM
Great, thanks (and derp! for not checking moddb).
Yeah i had an inkling 'supernos' had anything to do with the prow, but it didn't indeed translate. Great choice for the eldar. ;)
17th Oct 11, 8:12 PM
looks ace , the necron tomb fleet is very impressive
18th Oct 11, 3:19 AM
Finished with IN cruisers.
19th Oct 11, 1:41 PM
21st Oct 11, 1:24 PM
24th Oct 11, 11:58 AM
Finished Chaos Cruisers:
24th Oct 11, 7:44 PM
awesome, coming along nicely
27th Oct 11, 7:16 AM
27th Oct 11, 10:20 AM
Nice, but shame it wasn't modelled with the appropriate point-shaped prong prow. Recognisable still.
28th Oct 11, 1:14 PM
This mod is just plain awesome. Even though the music is not exactly fluffy, the video clearly shows the combat is going to be spectacular. I can't wait to lead the Imperial fleet into battle :-)
1st Nov 11, 2:33 PM
Necrons on ModDB (http://www.moddb.com/mods/warhammer-40000-fire-in-the-sky/images/shroud-2)
Great, looks very nice oldschoolish :-)
3rd Nov 11, 10:24 AM
8th Nov 11, 9:45 AM
9th Nov 11, 2:13 PM
We have a lot of screenies today! So let's start.
And... We have finished all IN models today!
Author of all Necrons, Starhawk and Titan is Andrei.
10th Nov 11, 12:20 PM
10th Nov 11, 1:23 PM
BFG is underrated as game material. GG!
12th Nov 11, 1:56 PM
14th Nov 11, 11:22 AM
I'm glad to announce, that we have finished all models for Chaos Fleet. Expect 1st alpha release in two-three weeks, it will include Imperium versus Chaos space skirmish.
Closer look at new escorts:
1) Infidel, modeled by Andrei, textured by me.
15th Nov 11, 12:50 PM
16th Nov 11, 5:00 AM
I just realised something, EaW:FoC plays space battles only on a plane, right? Nothing like the Homeworld series for example, or am i mistaken?
16th Nov 11, 7:36 AM
Only on one plane. But this is enogh.
16th Nov 11, 12:05 PM
Where the F did I put my copy of FoC damn it.
28th Nov 11, 12:31 AM
Great videos, I can't believe how fast you can turn this dream mod into reality :-)
7th Dec 11, 11:12 AM
dude no shit I cant fine mine anywhere.
These models all look amazing but the wing/side platforms on the Imperial cruisers are basically missing. everything else looks fantastic though. I see the same problem on the IN battleships. Chaos Cruisers look a little wide and the port and startboard batteries lack the 3 posts that stick out on some of the classes. Also I dont see any antenna on the ships tho thats not a biggy because some people dont put them on.
12th Dec 11, 8:11 AM
After 3 month of hard work we are releasing our first alpha:
16th Dec 11, 11:53 AM
shame i don't have FoC, but wishing you the best, looks nice
3rd Feb 12, 5:11 AM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.