View Full Version : System Crash
22nd Sep 04, 6:10 AM
I've run into a few problems, the most severe being a complete system reboot.
I've disabled the win2k option to auto-reboot on bluescreen, but DOW still seems to cause my machine to crash at random intervals. The game will freeze for close to 2 seconds, and then a complete powerdown. Tad frustrating.
Another problem I have is that after I launch the game, I cannot bypass the menu screen. IE: I am forced to watch the relic and opening movies every single time I start the game.
22nd Sep 04, 6:49 AM
Post your warnings.log and dxdiag.txt.
As for the opening intro video, you should be able to skip past it... I know I can on my system (demo anyway) but my wife couldn't skip past it on her system... strange.
17th Oct 04, 8:48 PM
ya i'm having the same problem, and, though it may be just a coincidence, ive noticed that they happen faster each time, before it took 15 minutes then a crash, now it takes 5.
and what the crap are the log errors junk, iknow how to get to the administrative tools, with that giant thing with all the errors if thats what your taking about :blah:
17th Oct 04, 11:00 PM
BTW, you can just find and rename the AVI files, then they'll never play at all. That's what I did.
17th Oct 04, 11:19 PM
Try subscribing to the thread so you can get email updates when people post in it.
There are a bunch of things you can try in the Quick Fixes thread sticked at the top of this forum. Try those first.
18th Oct 04, 3:42 PM
thanks man, i'll try that and message my success/failure.
18th Oct 04, 4:24 PM
quick fixes work, but this site ( http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=353514&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=hb-21505-1 )
is easier if you meet these requirments:
Microsoft Windows XP Home
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows 2000
Fixes the following issues:
- Setup for GART was not installing correctly when using the Driver Recovery CD (DRCD).
- Hot Key display switching did not remember the resolution.
- An external VGA monitor did work properly when connected via S-Video+VGA.
- AVI or MPEG files caused lockup after disabling the extended monitor.
- Display configuration was changed after system restart with external monitor connected.
- Pressing Fn+F4 to switch display while a media file was playing caused system busy error.
- Could not force TV on when TV was not automatically detected.
- Could not change display to CRT+TV by pressing Fn+F4 at first cycle.
- Could not use Fn+F4 to switch between TV and internal display.
- CRT was not detected after Suspend/Resume or use of lid switch.
- Presario 2800 Series power management issue caused a blue screen error.
- Adds support for 1280x768 resolution for HP Compaq Business Notebook models nc8000 and nc6000
- The following REGISTRY keys were added for all ASICS (if not already there):
Control Panel - Overlay Page - Show New Overlay Tab
Control Panel - Troubleshoot button - Show Troubleshoot button
DAL - Mapping LCD and CRT on same Controller - Restrict Mapping
Dual TV-Output - Enable Dual TV-Output
NOTE: When Dual TV-Output is enabled, both S-Video and Composite are turned on.
Overlay Theater Mode - Supported, Initially off
Control Panel ? NoTheaterMode
NOTE: Removes "Theater Mode" radio button.
Step 2: Does your system meet the following?
Operating system(s): Microsoft Windows XP,Microsoft Windows 2000
Download file size: 23.53M
Step 3: Download the software:
1. Download the SoftPaq .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Download file(s) to install later:
SP27665.exe 1/1 (23.53M)
18th Oct 04, 5:49 PM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.