Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Total Conversion: Battlefleet Gothic - BETA release available!

1. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #1
    Constantly falling down a hole Heretic's Avatar

Total Conversion: Battlefleet Gothic - BETA release available!

Battlefleet Gothic - The Gothic Wars

During Warmaster Abbadon's 12th Black Crusade, a large Chaos fleet attacked the Gothic sector of Imperial Space, decimating many planets and slaughtering their inhabitants.

Battlefleet Gothic, one of the sub - sector fleets deemed to protect this region were tasked with its protection. Fifteen years have passed, and the war is still raging. The Chaos fleet, having recently been reinforced by some Traitor Legions have amounted another assault, hoping to destroy the Gothic Fleet in one swift movement.

It seems they cannot hold out, but never underestimate the Imperial of Man.

-- The Emperor Protects --

This Total Conversion aims to change the way you, the player, plays Dawn Of War. Gone are the days of land battles, small squads fighting eachother in destroyed buildings, or indeed massive armies decimating eachother on fields, now war has a new meaning.

Space.

It's empty, it's quiet. And in it, the largest battles in the history of mankind are fought. Millions die, millions of ships are destroyed, and city-sized spaceships dominate the frame. All of humanity's enemies fight it out, from the Great Devourer to the Enemy Within. Ten races, all vying for control - total domination of space is vital to total victory.

The ships are ready, Captain, and the end is nigh.

Current Races:

Imperial Navy: The ultimate in ship-to-ship combat. The Imperial Navy focuses on base building and establishing a strong defensive fortification quickly - until they advance to the highest tier, when they really come into a world of their own. Masses of broadsides, the Imperial Navy will decimate all those who come into range of their guns. Joined by the battleships are swarms of smaller ships, created to protect the bigger ships, at all cost.

Chaos Armada: We all like to choose what path we take. The idea of paths is a major factor in how Chaos will be played. In total, there will be six paths for you to choose, whether you want to be organized, and based around the Four Gods, or Undivided, or just pirates - all is included in the Chaos race. Focusing more on fast small ships, and lots of ordinance, the Chaos will be for those who like the modern style of warfare, long range, carriers and lots of evil.

Plus the Planet Killer.

Code:
    Battlefleet Gothic - Mod Team:
    Heretic Gorb Malekith Thudmeizer
    Former Team Members:
    Kapyrna Fleshp0int
    Beta and Alpha Testers:
    Lleman Kresjah Kapyrna Hiroshi Tea
    Thanks to:
    AIX Firestorm Hiroshi Tea Hivetyrant Imperial Honour Jamie Jianaran Julian Leftwing Lleman Kaffl Kresjah Maltor Titlams Skillz Stryrer
    And everyone else for their help, and of course the fans of the mod!
    Last edited by Heretic; 6th May 13 at 9:22 AM. Reason: major updates
    Iron Within! Iron Without!

Dont supose you could make the text normal colour otherwise its hard to read, is this mod the same one as before?

3. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #3
    Oh right. This is the official thread. Yup this is the same mod.

its always nice to see people bringing in new content, i've been following the homeworld BFG mod but there no progress there so maybe you can prove it can be done, wish you luck
    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UDK
    UT40K - UT3 Tutorials - Characters - Weapons - Vehicles - FaceFX
    UDK Tutorials - Basics - Vehicles - Characters - Weapons

Well theres a scenery WIP lol

6. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #6
    Good work there, and well, we can have space to fight in.
    Last edited by Heretic; 4th Feb 08 at 5:03 PM.

Raiden
    I'd love to play a mod on space battles based on WH40K so I hope this will be successful.

How long have you guys been working on this mod, cause a few months to model and balance six races seems highly optimistic in my view...

9. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #9
    You dont get out much. About a year.

Macca
    If star-trek armada worked..so will this but with better visuals and races LOL! I think it can be quite a hit. Simplistic compared to homeworld, but closer to the TT experience. great stuff I think!

Had moved out to a place with no net connection for the better part of this year actually, and the BFG mod attempts of DoW that I remember were all failing last time I checked (back last winter).
    Anyway, this doesn't mean I don't want you guys to pull this off, cause I sure wouldn't mind playing BFG on my PC. Best of luck to you guys!

12. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #12
    Thanks. Winter. oh yeah, i think that was the old one.

lol efty i wondered what had happened nice to see you back

were doing well efty and weve got people coming from thud so hopefully well be done before DC and if not then it gves us more time before people will want our mod

Thlaylie
    No Tyranids?

tyranids aren't even in normal dow yet.

17. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #17
    They might be in this mod at a later date. For now we are sticking with the races in the game.

All in due time
    BFG Mod: Forum provider and co-lead - Forums

19. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #19
    Righty ho then. Me and Mithanir have thought up a couple of ideas for hyper space. Is there any ideas the community would like to put forward?

i said use the same anim as for the thunderhawk that supplies the SMs HQ and vehicles

21. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #21
    I know what you said. We have a more accurate idea though.

I meant ideas for anything, not just hyperspace.

oh ok sorry

23. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #23
    Dont worry.
    :focus: before finaldeath knocks at our door.

Just to point out that it is not hyperspace, but warp travel. instead of accellerating off like you see in star trek it seems to me more like opening a portal and flying through. I dont know if that is what you guys had in mind, but i thought I'd mention it.
    Chin up you ugly bastard

Just to point out that it is not hyperspace, but warp travel. instead of accellerating off like you see in star trek it seems to me more like opening a portal and flying through. I dont know if that is what you guys had in mind, but i thought I'd mention it.
    And It's pink .

Not brilliant at my fluff but the warp is a dangerous place, many SM chapters have been lost to the daemons of the warp.

Edit:

Interesting Note: The Tau haven't figured out warp travel yet.

well what were your ideas Heretic? if not here then plz post em on our forums.
    and also we could use somethig from the Eldar set for a Warp gate (maybe Avatar spawn).

27. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #27
    We had that in mind, just got the names mixed up, thanks ssj4nappa.

A pink hole appearing in space, and the ship passing through. Like those guys said.

lordofall
    Hey guys

well this seems like the mod to post this on but will the tau manta be in this mod?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/TAU_AIRCRAFT.html

so like i said, an eldar object (like avatr spawn fo exmple) could be used for the hole. but this isnt my field, so hey!

A fx of a giant pink warp storm/gate thing which the ship accelrates into then the same the other end with the ship coming out, same as the termi teleport in theory except that the jump anim would be a ship moving into a portal instead of a termi knealing and no deep strike flash either

yeh, i suppose that was wot we're all thinking

32. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #32
    Right. As you've heard, Skillz has made a cool looking planet.

We seriously need coders.

33. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #33

Release Date/

Our release date is now December. Definitely. There will only be two races included, tau and imperial navy. The other races will be added as addons. The campaign will be in a later release as well.

this makes things easier and means that we can concentrate on other races like billyo to get them ready after main release.

also means i get more time on my maps.

Minaithnir2005
    have massive amounts of ships for tau, they just need textured and animated now, once the slow imperials catch up mod will be nearly out

We need coders and texturers bad! if anyone can help please do so.
    http://z3.invisionfree.com/BfG_mod/index.php

Minaithnir2005
    we do have some people but not enough, in return for help you get to be a beta tester and have your name on the credits for the most unique tc mod for dow!

I'm just guessing here, but is this taking "HomeWorld' One and two and dressing it up as Warhammer 40k in space?

Or is this combination of Homeworld ( Like I said above.) and 'Dawn Of War'?

Minaithnir2005
    never played homeworld, i imagine itl end up like a more advanced version of startrek armada

that is if we can get some people to code and texture for us!

"Perfect Every Time" Uncle Benny's Avatar
    If all else fails & no one else steps up to the plate, and you don't mind stand-in textures, I could help you out.

I sent two amazing modeller/texturer people there sooo they shouldn't be lacking. They've already dived into the project quickly. I could always add a 3rd

Ethiir
    CODING!?!? I can code like crazy people! Coding for a mod I made and I'm fast and good!

I mean... I'm a pretty good coder, and I work quick, and I'd love to code for you all.

44. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #44
    THANK YOU! report to z3.invisionfree.com/BFG_Mod/index.php and sign up. thanks.

oh thank god! another wave of activity.

1 question Ethiir wots your mod like cos it sounds kool only i cant make head nor tail of the forums.

I think I must be the only slow coder in the commmunity

Here are some ME shots of some decal and objects to show that the map side of the mod is coming together, the grav platform is just for scale.

Ethiir
    Um... Basically my mod is currently adding a new race to the game, the Strike Marines. Highly fast-attack race, uses a LOT of aircraft and highly specialized forces. They're basically gonna out-maneuver the Eldar even. However, they're rather clumsy in the hands of an inexperienced player, just ask all my BETA testers who say they're UP. I never lose with them though, so that's just proof that they can be very powerful when used properly.

Later we'll add aircraft to all the other races, and maybe add a new uber *ORKY FLYIN' SQUIGGY!!!* unit, but who knows...

Ethiir
    I don't have anything to show of it yet, but after picking up on the rules, nabbing army lists, and using common sense, I'm ready to begin coding in earnest. Tau are partly done (nothing to brag about yet, but expect me to go on a gloat-rampage soon) and I think We're putting in Imperials next. Don't know what's going on there - I assume Space Marines and IG are put together, or if IG are even in BFG... Ah well. Here we go.

49. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member  #49
    IG, SM and the Inquisition are all in one - the Imperial Navy. Dont bother telling me about fluff, i know its not right but it helps with ease of making.

cheers Ethiir, your doi a great job and your mod sounds kool, let me no how its coming on now and again .

Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information