Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New (enhanced) CoH Demo!

New (enhanced) CoH Demo!

Excuse me if this has been posted already. I searched but did not see a reference.

Yes brothers, the time is at hand, soon we will have the enhanced demo with the ability to SKIRMISH!:omg: Something to keep us all busy while we are awaiting the release date.

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/...g=coh_csbox_hp
    Everybody do the dance of joy. :yippee: :mdance:

really, well im not even gonna try the damn MP beta took 2 days to download and i litirally cant do anything else with my comp while i do that (by not anything i mean play the beta and DoW)

For Ceasar's sake, where are you downloading it from that it took you two days? Please say you are not on 56K.

Grimmtooth
    Yea, I heard about them adding in some skirmish availibility into the demo. A smart move, really. It gives those who played the PC GAmer demo a reason to dl the new one aside from optimized code. I wasn't going to dl it until I heard about skirmish (having played the PC gamer demo). Just another thing to whet the appetite until full release.

look at dat fukken ferret Druidika's Avatar
    Well, the new demo is 800 megabytes larger than the PC Gamer one, so some new content is to be expected

For Ceasar's sake, where are you downloading it from that it took you two days? Please say you are not on 56K.
    Gamespots rate limited servers... being 10kb/s never download from them unless you pay for the gold account otherwise i go to gamershell were you can d/l on fast servers. For i can d/l from them at around 200kb/s.

I made a game! :D Clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Druidika
    Well, the new demo is 800 megabytes larger than the PC Gamer one, so some new content is to be expected
    It's been trimmed some more from that. It is still a beast, but is under the 2GB mark.

sgtsaunders
    At this point in time, I wait for the final copies to come out at the stores. Too much monkeying around with a yet another new demo

Thx for the info!
    4 day til demo release?.. :hmm:
    Soldier of Destiny - Axis; Blitzkrieg Tree

babaganoosh88
    WOW the new demo says its 2.43gb crap that big

Rison40k
    Is this demo going to be on Gamespot only? Or will it be on Fileplanet at the same time, among other sites? I just want the skirmish mode

Any official word would be nice.

Rison

CrazyThumbs
    I'm liking the sound of this optimized version. Maybe it can actually be playable on my computer now.

Sotoro
    Yes, same here. Is it true that that the new demo has much lower hardware requirements?

I'm not goign to bother with any other demo's the game is 2 weeks away from release.

This one better work on my computer Tranj :whip:

www.flashget.com

Use it to download CoH. It will help immensely.

Downloading CoH 1.19 off Gamespy took about 4 hours for me.

Prizm
    Hmmm, just checked back on it today and they lowered the size to 1.8 Gb.. :argh:

MasterToad
    If skirmish is in then some units will be blocked out, like the Dark Crusade demo.

Why bother with another demo if you are currently in the MP beta? Plus the game is out in a week or so, so just wait till then. 1.8gig is fine if you have a uber connection, but its not worth the slog for everyday folk.

Sotoro
    What contains the new demo? Skirmish and the SP mission from the old demo?

Daddy
    So whats the difference between the "New demo" and the old SP demo? Is it worht the DL?

seven324
    is this the new demo i heard about where you dont need 1024 mb of ram to run? i hope it is then i can finaly get to see what this game is like!!!!!!!!!!!:nod:

Rison40k
    New demo will have singleplayer skirmish against the AI, offline. That is all I want it for. You can not do that with the current demo or the MP demo. This is especially nice for new players so they can get a feel for the game in a 'sandbox' against the AI, outside of SP missions that only let you play as the Allies.

Rison

Sotoro
    Skirmish only? I'm sure that there is a singleplayer mission too.

The demo will include the intro (done by blur studios), tutorial, sp mission 1, and sp mission 4 (could be 5). Gamespot is hinting that it may also include a offline skirmish mode vs the ai. However relic and thq have yet to confirm this.

The only confirmation we do have was a post made by Tranj a week and a half ago saying that the demo hitting the first week in september will just be the pc gamer demo only optimized. That demo included all of the above except for offline skirmish vs ai.

seven324
    isnt anyone going to answer my question??????:mean:

Yes, the new demo is supposed to run with retail requirements (512 megs of ram). However, ram is very cheap nowadays and upgrading to a gig of ram will greatly improve loading times.

The new SP demo adds Skirmish, so both Armies (Axis and Allies) are fully playable. This will be new content for anyone who hasn't played the beta.

This demo was created from final optimized code, so it is fully playable on the minimum system requirements.

The final download size should be about 1.8GB, so only 300MB larger than the old unoptimized demo.

It's well worth the download, I assure you!

Oh, and yes, it still includes the Tutorial and 2 single-player missions.
    Raphael van Lierop
    Producer
    Relic Entertainment

Lfctony
    Cheers Tacit, thanks for clarifying. One more thing, will the skirmish mode contain the full technology trees? I'll be needing something to tide me over until the European release date after the MP beta ends...

"moo"
    Do we have a release date for this new demo?

There's a countdown to the demo release on the page linked to in the first post of this thread

Yes, we can't cut anything out of the Skirmish game. You can play both races with full tech trees, Commander Trees -- the whole nine yards.

Should give you a chance to see how the AI plays.

Release date -- refer to the Gamespot countdown: http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/...coh_csbox_x360

Which maps are going to be available in skirmish mode, the ones already available in the multiplayer beta or some new maps?

Alright just got done deleting a whole bunch of posts due to every single question being about release date.

Release = September 5th. It looks like the Gamespot Counter has been removed.

[edit]k i am an idiot.. thanks to soldier of dest for letting us know it was still up.

i am blaming my ad blocker :\.
    Last edited by Soulblighter; 2nd Sep 06 at 2:29 PM.

The counter on http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/...g=coh_csbox_hp
    still works for me

Rison40k
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacit
    Yes, we can't cut anything out of the Skirmish game. You can play both races with full tech trees, Commander Trees -- the whole nine yards.

Should give you a chance to see how the AI plays.

Release date -- refer to the Gamespot countdown: http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/...coh_csbox_x360
    So is it JUST coming out through Gamespot, or can we get it through Fileplanet also?

Thanks for the official updates!

Rison

Quote Originally Posted by Rison40k
    So is it JUST coming out through Gamespot, or can we get it through Fileplanet also?

Thanks for the official updates!

Rison
    You'll be able to get it just about everywhere.

bahmehbah
    Wow, you guys are really letting us get off with a lot on this game. MP Beta (admittedly it's a beta, but we still get to see a lot of the game from that) with full tech trees and a few maps, then single player demo with skirmish with full tech trees and 2 sp missions. That's half the game right there! (and yet we're all still gonna buy it. crazy no? ah well, it's a fun game!)

EDIT: (yeah, know it's an exageration before anyone tells me that. And while I'm editing: it's released the day I go back to school! Oh the inhumanity!)

Daddy
    When you have a game that is this fun why keep it back. If you like it you will buy it, if you dont like it you wont buy it.. More demo's wont change your mind. I like the fact that they are letting us see more of the game, 99% of the people on this board will buy this game when its released.

bahmehbah
    That's entirely true, I'm just surprised that they trust the general community that much. I mean, just giving people access to skirmish mode in a demo with full tech trees for both teams is a lot, especially in a game that only HAS two teams. They're showing a lot of faith in their fan base that none of us'll just take that and then not bother with the game. But, it's well placed faith I think. We know what we're missing - and the MP beta will shutdown eventually.

We just hope to get you hooked completely and then just as the game hits the shelves we pull the rug out from under all the freeloaders!

Or something like that.

We feel pretty darn good about the game and want to make sure everyone has a stab at it that is on the fence. I think most will fall on the purchase side.

RedbackSpider
    Well you got me hooked {not to mention the Demo}

I pre-ordered this game after playing the Demo, and I will download the new Demo for Skirmish, to keep me busy until the full game comes out.

Great Game , and I hope to see an exspansion that adds a couple of new Nations sometime latter. 8)

lazyboy99
    I must say its quite a bold move! Revealing all of each faction's tech and content in a demo is something I believe has not been done in a RTS demo. Rise of legends allowed players to tech to the max, but then one of three factions was not usable in the demo.

jasaund
    For christ sake! I preordered the collectors edition(which is rare for me to get the CE) game back on the 15th of aug.! I've been hooked since the first open beta!! This demo is just the icing on the preverbal RTS cake. Now if you can tell me it wont contain starforce I'd be happier than a pig in ....!

sgtsaunders
    I agree anyone who has found this website is a diehard. All the demos, videos, etc just makes for better fans to help market the product.

Rison40k
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranj
    You'll be able to get it just about everywhere.
    Thanks Tranj

Arnt you suppose to be at a BBQ or something enjoying your weekend?

Rison

Daddy
    what would be good is to put a 15 day timmer on the demo so after 15 days it demo stops loading and asks you to buy the thnig.

seven324
    so whens the realease date for this new demo? i know some of you say its in the first post but all i see is a few sentences, no links.

no there are no links they got deleted or something...2 days left till new demo...i cant wait :rage:
    Last edited by seven324; 3rd Sep 06 at 7:15 AM.

Lfctony
    Are you sure there are no links on the first post?

Sotoro
    Can't see the countdown, but i think gamespot is down at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information