[1.2] Fatal Scar Error - Execution Paused

ShnikeJSB

[1.2] Fatal Scar Error - Execution Paused

ARGH!!!

OK, the second I installed the game I also installed the 1.2 patch. And yes, I have the latest DX9 updates (monthlies included). And yes there's nothing wrong with my drivers, or my Windows, or anything with Spyware or viruses. My hard drive is perfectly fine. Other games work exactly as they are supposed to.

This game already crashed once during the Red Ball Train level at the end of it (or whatever it's called), which was frustrating enough, but NOW, at the end of the mission where you have to blow up the V2 rocket in the base, I sent over a group of paratroopers to wire it with demolitions, and they get halfway around the rocket and BAM!

Fatal Scar Error - Execution Paused

And now none of my units can move or do anything, though they still put out voice responses and I can click on pretty much anything I want to. But they are frozen, and that error is there... WHAT DO I DO???

This game is turning out to be JUST like C&C Generals with all it's bugs... :flame:

-JB
    Last edited by ShnikeJSB; 24th Sep 06 at 1:20 AM.

2. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #2
    Fatal Scar Error happens when you hit a problem in the mission script that the designer didn't anticipate.

If you can open the console with the error on the screen (Ctrl+shift+~) then take a screenshot (Printscreen key, puts the file in \my documents\my games\company of heroes\screenshots) and attach the shot to a post here, that'd be great.

ShnikeJSB
    I took the screenshot with my screenshot program. Anyways, here it is, in all it's glory:

Woops, here it is with the console:

4. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #4
    Yeah, you need to open the console though so the line that's executing is shown.

ShnikeJSB
    So, what's the deal? I can't make heads or tails from that readout... BTW, I quit and reloaded the game thinking that might have helped when it first happened, which is why there isn't much on the console.

6. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #6
    A dev should be able to analyse this for us on Monday. Looks like whatever the EGroup function is, it returned an empty/nil value, but it shouldn't have been empty/nil.

I'm going to move this into the bug forum.

Usually there's one or two of these types of errors in every Relic game. Looks like THQ didn't play this mission in the same way you did :-D

ShnikeJSB
    :::sigh::: I have to replay the whole mission again? What a pain. Oh well, this game is fun and very challenging, and it brings my system to its knees, LOL! Anyways, I guess if I can help prevent someone else from running into the same problem in the future in a future patch, it was worth it. I apologize if I was a bit agitated in the original post.

Thanks for the help and quick replies, I appreciate it!
    Last edited by ShnikeJSB; 24th Sep 06 at 1:18 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes bug me ;o)

I just got this error right at the end of the V2 mission... 1.5hrs wasted... my last save was about 1/3 through the mission too. That really, really sucks. Will have to save very often now.
    Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows. - David T. Wolf

Funky_Llama
    I got the same problem as you did. My solution was to keep pressing pause once you get the scar error. Once the explosives have been s-l-o-w-l-y planted (don't worry, it only takes a minute) the game will work again and you'll be treated to a rather spectacular cutscene.

js203
    Same problem on V2 mission but not when planting explosives at oxygen tanks, occurred after tanks had been destroyed, kommandant killed, and HQ taken over. I had all surrounding territories surrounded and was clearing snipers before moving onto attack the launch pad.

Freon Warrior
    I had this error when destroying the last mg tower, very frustrating as there is no other way around the tower to complete the mission.!!!

meemo
    just wanted to say thanks to Funky Llama - got the same error with opposing fronts and pressing the pause button worked just fine

Air Force Guy
    Hitting pause didn't work for me Funky Llama. I did that over 100 times...no luck.

This scar error came up in the very beginning of the into to the chapter known as: Oosterbeek: Der Hexenkessel. I last saw the closeout of the previous mission then crash

Ok, nevermind--no picture. Forum won't let me post a picture link with a URL in it. That's messed up.

rcdl123
    i got the same error in the montebourg mission...i was halfway through the map then it happened...tried pressing pause over 500 times just to get to the next set cinematics but it the screen stopped moving at some point...is patch for this available already???

calibra
    I have the same problem..........it appears to be something to do with the save file ........only a guess mind you. I re-loaded the COH OF game and it started fine, i increased the patches to 2.2.0.2 and still everthing fine, when i copied over my previous save games to the `documents` folder; overwriting the previous ones the scar error returned. If i press `menu` then resume it clears. but when i try to restart the level the scar error is on a black background............ so no way round it. I sent my dxdiag to THQ and waiting for an answer they initially said it might be an out of date sound card driver , but i updated it and the issue remains. I have sent a second dxdiag txt file to thq and am waiting a reply.............
    Last edited by calibra; 8th Jun 08 at 10:27 AM. Reason: type error

Thread Information