Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

FX-Commander MOD 1.85--New Hope(released) by 9CCN

Rikan
    When is the next release? I LOVE THIS MOD!
    Last edited by Zatch; 8th Jul 07 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Spelling :)

If you take effort and look an few pages back you'll notice the eta for 1.8 is medio October this year
    WildHeart|Genesis|
    :::{Homeworld 2: FX. Building a new Hw2 since '08.}:::{@ ModDB}:::{@ RelicNews}

Also please do not bump threads and ask about release dates. The creators will post about the next release when they know, and in this case they already have.
    ~

I prefer "When it's done", no way to dissappoint anyone except for calender watchers.
    My blog
    "Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." ~Alfred Pennyworth

RaidCarrierMan
    In the words of Scottismo:
    I have always stated that incremental releases are more beneficial than large delayed releases. This gives the users a taste of the mod and satiates temporary lust, meaning less forum posts and less time wasted by modders having to reply to the same question a million times. Additionally it means its out there in the public, for other modders to see and also as a kind of backup incase the files go missing from the modders disk or if the modder themselves goes missing (as is so often the case). I know that having a model ingame is not the same as having the source files but at least if its there and working you can use that and continue with the next ship, rather than it being lost forever. In the old days of HW they used to release a new version of a mod each time a new ship was working and added to the game.
    In general, it is probably better to only expect "when it's done" releases from professional developers, as many mod developers abandon their mods for their obviously more important personal lives. How many times have we seen "when it's done" mod developers disappear, leaving us with nothing? Look at it this way: as all (or at least most) modders will eventually disappear, mods using imminent releases will leave us (the community) with the most recent version of the mod when any kind of disappearance does occur.

Amro
    Hey every one,

I finally bothered to take paart in the community other then just playing online.

This is a great MOD, but what has been done to make sure it is balanced?

I have been playing alot of PC versus human, and some human vs human and find that some races are just to over powered.

it might just be my lack of skills on FX but are the races balanced?

you just gotta learn how to use what u can to iwn amro. Each race has stuff built to counter ship types so u just learn how to use them to their fullest. Also some of the races have some nasty tricks up their sleeves. Like the Turanic raider IAF being able to cloak and u can use that to sneak a fleet past the enemy and hit them from behind.

smartman9129

can some one help?

from what i've heard and seen of this mod i love it, but when i myself tried to download and install it something happened.

when ever i try to run the .exe i can usually get to the directory choice, and then it closes on me, and just dissapears. i tried extracting the files, and it wouldn't even open, i redowloaded it extracted, and got to the directory choice window, and it closed, went back to the zip folder and got to the window right before it begins to installs and it closed.

can anyone help? i tried some things but now i'm out of ideas.

Makaan
    Hey every one,

I finally bothered to take paart in the community other then just playing online.

I have been playing alot of PC versus human, and some human vs human and find that some races are just to over powered.

Maybe you're talking about Progens...
    Yes, They are powerful, but not at the point of Being invincible... Though powerful, thay also have drawbacks such as being a little long to develop, coming with prices

you just gotta learn how to use what u can to iwn amro. Each race has stuff built to counter ship types so u just learn how to use them to their fullest. Also some of the races have some nasty tricks up their sleeves. Like the Turanic raider IAF being able to cloak and u can use that to sneak a fleet past the enemy and hit them from behind.
    Yup, you're right... Though i have never thought of such a strategy with Turanic Raiders ^^
    Maybe 'cause i dont use them a lot

The only drawback to the Prgenitors is they take a long time to get somewhere, but once there, there is almost no stoping them. Sajuuk just kills everything, much too overpowered IMFO.

Makaan
    The only drawback to the Prgenitors is they take a long time to get somewhere, but once there, there is almost no stoping them. Sajuuk just kills everything, much too overpowered IMFO.
    Yep, but Sajuuk's armour is relatively weak compared to that of other ships, especially when it's compared with the Dreadnough that have more armour than Sajuuk.

This is one of the few ways Sajuuk is balanced. Also, it's hyperspace delay after it exits hyperspace is a nice way to get a few good licks in before Sajuuk destroys your frigates. However, I still think Sajuuk's guns are a bit overpowered.

Makaan
    Yeah sure, but in in my opinion, it concurs with the fact that Progens are the most ancient and advanced race in the galaxy
    But i have to admit it may seem a little too much especially when fighting agaisnt them

Story wise, a small Progenitor force should be able to wipe out a medium sized fleet. Gameplay wise, they are overpwoered.

Avathar
    lol they arnt that overpowered like other said their armor is alot less so a few good ion shots will total a cap, The only overpowered ship in their fleet is the drone fighter. That thing can take out anything in a group larger then 5.

Makaan
    I agree, a group of drones can destroy almost any strike craft force that it encounters...
    But the armour-thing argument can only be used for Sajuuk, as Dreadnaughs have the strongest armour in the Progen fleet (and maybe of all races' ships) and Keeper Destroyers remain extremely resilient...
    Last edited by Makaan; 11th Jul 07 at 2:01 AM.

Amro
    Does any one even play Hiigaran or Vaygr on FX?

I tried to play them but they just seem inferior to the other races. I played mostly Vaygr though.

Can some one tell me why Vaygr has just a anti-frigate frigate (artillery frigate). This ship seems like a waste of money. Plus why does the Attack CC not have docking capabilities?

Makaan
    I sometimes play Hiigaran or Vaygr with that mod, but i don't think they're underpowered compared to other races, their cruisers are even stronger than Taiidan or Kadesh ( i said stronger, not better ^^).
    I have little memories about the art. frig. so i couldn't tell you...
    And if the Attack CC has no docking ability it has a good reason... Have you seen the missile battery on the top of the bay?
    Last edited by Makaan; 11th Jul 07 at 3:34 PM.

Amro
    I am sure Levi has asked this already, but with so many people interested inplaying FX.

WHY are there so liitle online?

Getting a game going is like pulling teeth.

like i lardy said most are scared of online play and of losing agaisnt other players. Or they dont care for it that much. I really cant wait for future releases. And i hope this doesnt end up like Requiem and dust wars.

Michigan, unemployment capital of the USA
    The chat bug probably has a lot to do with why not so many people play FX online, it's kinda hard to communicate with anyone.

And Dustwars is still going, we're just working more on the backstory+storyline now and not so much on the game itself.

Ariathan
    And Dustwars is still going, we're just working more on the backstory+storyline now and not so much on the game itself.
    I think that's what he means.

Vaygr are pretty good, that carrier is a royal pain. Hiigarans are Hiigarans, without torpjump they're not very special. The progens are strong, but a skilled player knows about a dozen ways to beat one VERY fast, as they have a few fundamental "Go-Wrongs". Best overall sides are the Taiidan, who simply are amazingly diverse compared to other races, and the Kadeshi, which can be genuine bitch when used properly.

Michigan, unemployment capital of the USA
    Turanics are surprisingly good too if you take the time to get to know their units, the cloaking for the IAF alone makes them fun to play.

you can knock out a Prog player early with turanics. hint hint. Anyways those that want to or play the FX mod online plz add FX tags at the end of your name to let players know that u are playing the mod. ex me for instance. Ill have Leviathan|FX. Keep an eye out for me if ya wanna play on it online with me okay. Over and out. Also Drones are not overpowered take them down with torp frigs or pulsars for crying out loud. its not like u can build 14 of them after all, tahts why the makers of the mod made limit caps for certain units.ANd keepers can be taken down easy. keep on top of them, with your frigs or whatever. Ions are best for this. Attack from the top and you will kill them. After all their ions are on the bottom. And the DN suffers from the V BC symdrome. Each race has their strengths and glaring weaknesses.

The problem is, if a Progenitor player gets Drones out quickly then you are screwed unless you have 8 of the exact ship to counter them right there. The fact is that Drones are simply too powerful.

Drones have paper armor dude. Hig DD can kill them easy for crying out loud. 1500 max armor compared to the SP verison. Would u have prefered that the makers of the mod gave use the stats of the single player progenitor ships eh? Then you could cry foul but not with these.

I usually kill drones with my hc without noticing it--my taii hc blasts a ms and it's turrets take out any drones

anti vette torps will kill them. So will lancers lance swarmers elite vettes etc. Need i go on? I think not.

Just because a unit can be easily killed does not give it the right to have a huge amount of attack power. Sure there is a counter, but I'd rather have a guy carrying an RPQ with a bullet-proof vest than a crazed naked man carrying a nuke.

I have just confirmed that teamchat does work. Its just that when u post your message it will come up as $836 or whatever but your team mates will see your message.

My mistake ^^;; I've tested it now, and it seemingly works indeed. Wish I noticed earlier only..
    Last edited by Captain Eirikr; 20th Jul 07 at 10:54 AM.

Id like to see the elite units added to MP. LIke the ELite Bomber ELite guns and ELite Pulsar gunships for the hig. BUt with that said the V will be needing counter parts for those.Elite Missle vette and lazer vette anyone?

Amro
    I second the confrimation that team chat does work.

Now FX can be played with team work.

no reason not to play it know.

Way behind the Pine Curtain. That's Eastern Texas, US for those who don't live there.
    Well, having played it a couple times, gameplay is great, though most of the models could use "beautifying". The Progenitor race is the best I have yet seen in a mod, great work on it! Most races are well-balanced. A couple of nit-picks though. The Archangel looks out of place with the Kadeshi. All of the new races need team colors. The "bee hive" needs a different model. But the Higgy and Vaygr don't really need hyped-up new ships. They do just fine with the regular corvettes and bombers.

Hey every one,

how I learn from that is makeing yourself someone other than progens and put everyone else as hiigaran, taiidan, turanic, kadesh and vaygar and progens but dont have the same race twice e.g. Player: turanics CPU: vaygar hiigaran taiidan progens kadesh.

Does anyone have an archived copy of the FX Mod? The download link has since been removed and a recent format has caused me to loose my data. I've done some fairly thorough searching and cannot find it.

The DL for this verison is on page 30 of the FX thread and the 2nd post of HOMEBOY.

Could I have a link please? My post per page is different from others, and thusly I don't see the pages as most do.

http://forums.relicnews.com/showpost...&postcount=447

The exact post for anyone that needs it in the future.

BTW, to do that just click on the post # within the post. For example, click on my post # to access just this post (which happens to be 450).

I suggest you keep an eye out for FXMOD 1.8. It's looking very good (at least the screen-shots on their forums are).
    @ #Homeworld
    <molo> here's a question
    <molo> what if a school blocked proxies
    <molo> how would you get around them

1.8 looks great indeed, but it's still too early to tell since there are still roughly 2 months between the release of 1.8. With that said, I'm wondering if 1.73 will still come out or if they will skip it and work on 1.8 instead

@Rev Species 116 - You mean me? I've been playing 1.711 since conception, and 1.72 since release. I know exactly what I'm looking forward to.

http://zhihuiguan.com/bbs/thread.php?fid=15&page=1

There are piccies on that originating forum that have not been posted to the 'Official FXMOD Forums'. The post, although appears directed straight at to TE, was not meant to be so direct. It was more of a general 'Wait and see' response (and the fact that post #1 was heavily edited recently).

If it wasn't posted at the as you call it 'official FXMOD Forums' (If you mean my forum I'll add to it we're a DISCUSSION forum) I'm they'll have a good reason

Oh well, I'm off to re-download FX..last computer cleaning made it disappear

For anyone unfamiliar with Chinese, here is a link to a gallery.

http://www.bababian.com/photo/285FD8...B0B3089024EDUR

I'm extremely interested in the Bentusi ships.

Thanks for the link, especially since I aren't very familar with Chinese

The Bentusi concepts look pretty nice so far, can't wait to see the final ships *eargerly waits for super acolyte concept*

I'm hopeful to see a super acolyte, but I think that it just *may* slip between the cracks, and i really hope it doesn't.

yea a super acolite would be perfect but like Total Entropy lets hope it doesn't slip between the cracks

I highly doubt the S-aco would slip through the cracks, as it pretty much is the *only* Bentusi fighter class ship in HW canon. :P

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information