Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

FX-Commander MOD 1.85--New Hope(released) by 9CCN

Way behind the Pine Curtain. That's Eastern Texas, US for those who don't live there.
    From the power of it, I would think that the Super Acolyte will end up being one of the "bonus" fighters like the drone is for the Progenitors. Something you only get late game after doing a lot of researching.

yea but I suspect that there will be more bentusi fighters and corvettes made from the FXmod team

Wonder if they will borrow some models from the last return or resurrection. Those have some good bentusi models. hmmm at any rate i cant wait till october for the next verison.

yea october: so far yet so close it amazes me really how the FXmod, complex mod and PDS mod and all top rated mods but why isnt this mod in completed mods section, I mean it has a V1.71 and 1.72 completed

1. Coherent sentences please.

2. It's not in the completed mod section because it's not completed. Just because the version number is greater than 1 doesn't mean it's done.
    My blog
    "Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." ~Alfred Pennyworth

yea but complex mod is still in progress and its currently at V5.5 yet it working on V6.0 yet its not in mods in progress (no i'm not a dumb noob and please dont say that no-one is saying that, I know that)

Completed =/= Finished

It basically means that the mod is ready for use and has all major features working. It is also at the discretion of the mod creators to call it complete or work-in-progress.

do u have a link to the mod for download?

vladimir3d, the link to download FX has been posted few times on the former page--it won't hurt looking through the thread you know. Here it is again: http://forums.relicnews.com/showpost...&postcount=447

In my opinion, a mod is considered "complete" if either the mod is finished, or if there is no ACTIVE progress on the next release. Complex 6.0 should've come out months ago (or so they announced) but since it still hasn't been released it looks like there isn't much progress on it aka considered 'dead'. A mod like FX is still here in 'mods in progress' because there's still being worked on actively
    WildHeart|Genesis|
    :::{Homeworld 2: FX. Building a new Hw2 since '08.}:::{@ ModDB}:::{@ RelicNews}

yea page 30 near the bottom Vladimir3d.

right I understand now i'll shut up about completed mods and mods in progress.

Bump, is this mod still being worked on or what?

Of course it's being worked on. We all need to wait and be patient until we either get word from one of the modders on the status or it is released later this year.

I do hope this doesn't become like Iostreams HW mod...

Iostreams mod? what was that like?
    Last edited by The Exile; 8th Aug 07 at 3:53 PM.

Iostream! We never could figure out why no one got his name right...

It was a mod that let Homeworld use all the LOD0 textures at all times, as well as some other graphical effects that made the game look a tiny bit nicer.

Jeesh, hell dont shout at me. Also do you have a link to that? Also I edited the name for you, so you wouldnt shout at me and make me curl up in a ball in the corner of the room.

Also I can tell you why people never go his/her name right, it was because alot of people just briefly look at the name thinking ionstream.

Just browse the Homeworld Mod forums for the GFX Update Mod.

OK, thanks. I don't know if this is compatible with homeworld 2 but I think FX-Mod should have a 7 player map so it can be an all against all for when the bentusi come into play. I tend to like it when you can play against everyone except your race makes it more competitive and interesting.

Also I'll probably be doing 1 Vs 1 with the progenitors and the bentusi and see who's weapons is better then the others and also my skill against the expert computers skill.

I'll tell you one story when I played this mod, I went on a six player map, made sure there was none of the same race twice and made sure that they had the proper colors. Also everyone was team 2, except me and I was the progenitors. Started the game and focused on getting sajuuk than anything else (because I was experimenting not because its the so called "power-fullest ship" in the game). but I forgot about RU's, when it came to building sajuuk (remember it costs 12000 RU's) and halfway through. I stopped building to notice that I had no RU's and the I saw frigates, fighters and corvettes* (luckily I had a smallish defence force with many fighters and 2 dreadnoughts -only to be captured later on.) *coming towards me and I thought F%@#!! I'm dead and after 5 long minutes of fighting hard I had balcora gate left with masses of fighter and blah blah blah. Still attacking then I just maneged to pull of enough resources by retiring the rest of my fighters. Sajuuk hypered out, to see a load of battlecruisers and one heavily damaged balcora. Then came some vaygar trinity cannons, many ion cannons and 2 dreadnought phased cannons come straight to sajuuk then I returned the fire then back and bang, bang there goes sajuuk then the enemy just destroyed balcora and bang the end you lost. I thought Hell that was some fight.
    Last edited by The Exile; 8th Aug 07 at 6:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FX Discussion Forums, News update
    new information
    kadesh will be more different in v1.8
    the motherships,carrier and superintend frigate will have a aureole
    in these aureoles,the swarmers will keep their normal speed
    but,when out of these aureoles,they just like snail(half of the speed)
    so,following and keep replenishment will be necessary
    This is what someone of the modding team posted at our forums. In my opinion, they should leave the Kadeshi as they are, speed is the only thing that gives them a fair chance to play. I'm asking all FXers to support us in this: Leave the Kadeshi as they are

Yea keep the kadesh like they are, maybe change the khar toba to a needle ship or something.

Either make a very large aureole, or do the same to every other race.

Looks like the FXmod team has alot on thier hands. How long ago was V1.72 released?

hi i havent posted for quite a bit of time. so whats going on i read that people dont wan kedeshi changed.

ps whats the latest version right now?

V1.72 the download link is on page 30, near the bottom (Homeboys second post).

ah got that one ^^

downloaded latest fx version and...i dig.

however i think that the models of hw1 ships, taiidan in particular require better texturing. they look really bland when compared to vaygr and hiig models in the same mod.

also, each new ship would benefit from its own little avatar as opposed to avatars from the game used to indicate several types of ships

If the FXmod team get round to making the other races, I think its the beast and somtaaw and a slight chance of the T-mat. But thats not likely unlees the other versions go well. They should do a massive map that will include what? 9 races or 10 if you include the T-mat.
    But highly not likely. (lol a 9 player map), why would I suggest something like that? Because alot of people like playing with every race on one map.

Possibly the Fxmod team could do a 7 player map for the next realease which should include the bentusi.

xangle13
    the HW2 don't sustain the map exceed 6 player.

Why not, if can support more than 6 races then surely it can support more than 6 players at once.

xangle13
    fact
    I try that idea long ago

30. The Studio Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #530
    I've played FXMod quite a lot with my stepdad on LAN. I love this mod. I love how it brings in the other HW races, and gives you a lot more options in gameplay. (The Progens are the only ones that really annoy me with the very overpowering Sajuuks. Thank goodness they're easy to kill if you've enough firepower...)

This proposed fix to the Kadesh reads to me as rather ridiculous. The Aureole just makes no sense as any sort of "fuel problem" and seems more like a computer-control limitation to me. Also, from a combat standpoint, you do not just limit your strikecraft's speed past X distance away from your ship. That's where you need the ability to do some long-distance strikes and the like, and cutting their speed at that point is making them moving targets. Ridiculously easy moving targets at that. It makes no tactical sense whatsoever to me.

My personal opinion is if you really want to rebalance the Kadeshi, just save yourselves putting in a lot of extra code, and just put a heavier shipcap on the swarmers. Right now the sheer amount of swarmers a deshi player can put out is enormous and probably higher than the numbers of any other race's buildable fighter craft. Why not take that down to a point where the player doesn't have to scroll their docked fighters window to see exactly how many squads they've got? I run into this problem often as Kadeshi, and it's actually a bit annoying becuase I end up wanting to unload all my ships rather than scrolling to see if my needle's at maximum.

If anything, that strikes me as why the Kadeshi can be very overpowering in the early game, not the swarmers' speed. It's their sheer numbers.

Lowering the ship-cap number would save you having to code all this extra stuff, and trying to get an explanation past players who obviously don't want to buy the Aureole idea. Anybody can accept that maybe they don't need to build that last 15 squads of swarmers if they've got enough MBFs or Light Mica around. And if the game's gotten to that point, you're beyond using swarmers except as a distraction to some Heavy Cruiser anyways.

Just my two cents worth.

Ariathan
    7+ players in HW2 is impossible, no matter how hard you screw the game up. Many have tried, many have failed.

I'm gonna agree with DeepChrome, if you're gonna nerf the Kadeshi in any way, cap em, but I think nowadays Supernova rush is a lot more populair, and as DC said, you'll only be using swarmers as a distraction. I don't think they're really that much of an issue.

... I'm a horrible Kadeshi player.

Yea, if people want more than ship cap then use a trainer but not online or u'll get the boot most likely. Using trainers are for noobs though who cant get through the game.

@ The Exile - See below

Unit Caps - Can we say 'basic modding'?

Player Limit - More than 6 players is pretty much hardcoded into the game. Even if one could enable an extra player, it require months of insane coding and several thousand lines as so much needs to be defined and referenced...simply put it would require a near complete rewrite of the basic player codings, and would likely be impossible without the source code.

@ All - Kadesh need a cap, even if you tone down the firepower they have too many targets...too many very nimble targets...

Sajuuk333
    When will the next update come? Hey guys it's worth adding more races than 6, even if a map can't handle them...this would give players that ind of...uniquity. btw what races will u add?

Dude, for real read some of the thread.

Mod is expected sometime after October, and the Bentusi are being added...

xangle13
    There's no Bentusi in v1.8
    The Bentusi will come in v1.9

AWWWW!!! I have to wait like a year or something untill the bentusi come into play! I might go insane though.

Sajuuk333
    yeah I've been watching the thread and I've sent an email like 2 months ago and the guys said the bentusi will come in their next release!

So heads up! u must understand them,they're working on 2 serious mods:gundam and FX,but eight now they're focusing on gundam

It doesn't matter which release has the Bentusi, but they are being worked on.

Ariathan
    Gundam.... aren't there enough gundam mods about by now :\?

I completly agree with Sajuuk, more races than there are players will definatly add a renewed sense of diversity to the whole game. Very much looking forward to it.

About the Kadeshi: Total has a point, even with a capnerf in effect, there'll just be too much stuff to hit, maybe a cap might not be a good idea, but rather say half-1/4off the unit sizes as they are now is a good line of thinking imho .

I believe the Cataclysm races are in 1.8, so that might be something to look forward to :P

Wow I'd say about 1 year and a half to 2 years and the FXmod team will release their final version of this mod.

xangle13
    to Sajuuk333
    Who did you email to???
    The Bentusi began programming only 1 month ago......
    All minutia of the race are questionably

Ariathan
    Heh the wording is great :P Sajuuk all info regarding races will be given once there is something to give, as he said the bentusi are not even near introduction yet, so it might be a while :P.

Sajuuk333
    I have emailed to 9CCN...he really said NEXT release, I've been away for a while so I don't know if there's anything changed...

Ariathan,thanks for agreeing with me! I personally think the Kadeshi are just ok, remember the swarms in HW1 in the Kadesh Nebula? They were even faster and tougher than that! Besides,they do have low accuracy and weak cap ships and almost no frigates...trust me, each race must have it's unique capabilities, and this one has the fighter swarms

Announce:ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY HOMEWORLD 2 ONLINE, TAKE THE LATEST VERSION OF HAMACHI, ADD THE *HW2-TFS,PASSWORD TFS* NETWORK AND JOIN THE FUN! FX MOD CURRENTLY ROLLING!!!

Ariathan
    Ahh but in HW1 they had a critical weak point: the fuel pods. Take them out and they're the next best space debris turkeyshoot. Since HW2 doesn't have any fuel, making them like the HW1 Kadeshi will be... a bad idea .

But I agree, the Kadeshi are meant for fighter spamspam, but in a multiplayer game races have to be balanced, and the way I see it, the Kadeshi have the best fighters ingame, and can get a Deathstar-Sajuuk class bat in long before you can say Shipyard has Arrived, which gives Kadeshi race specialities a whole new definition: CAPRUSH KEKEKEKE. Micaspam just totally helped the Kadeshi roleplay to fucks :P. But we'll see what 1.8 will bring, as this certainly isn't the first time there has been a discussion on the Kadeshi :P.

Lol, imagine if Kadeshi swarms could Kamikaze into units, people would build as many as they can and then Kamikaze the enemy.

Also Hamachi? Whats that, I'm not quite familiar with online playing.

Ariathan
    Hamachi is a virtual network that allows a group of players to connect as a lan, it usually comes with very low pings and u can start a game with ur friends really fast, simply said. Some people have set up an FXMOD server on hamachi, but apart from an occasional login, its very much dead.

Kadeshi F2KZZZZZZZZZZ = armageddon. 'Nuff said.

ShayDay-_-

campaign

You know what I think would be great? To have new campaign add-ons. Also what would be awesome would to have a campaign for ALL the races... I mean, make one storyline and all of them will have some part in it and you can do campaigns for the different races... I know its not likely this may happen but you have to admit that would raise the popularity factor of FX significantly . From what I understand that would take like 15-24 mos. of coding, new maps, voice-lines, I mean I know I'm just poking with a stick here but if someone sarted working on that I would be more than willing to just have small patches and releases until that happens. Someone give me some feedback on this b'cuz I think there should be more to this game than multiplayer additions. If anyone likes my idea I would be willing to send it in to 9ccn for time estimates and possibilities of this future-ridden idea. I am sure we would all agree that we would spend as equal time playing the campaigns as well as playing multiplayer. Well, as I said if anyone likes this idea just post me back and I'll get to chatting with 9ccn. I am glad to be a part of the relic community : )

1)I do quite like the idea but it would take a hell of a lot of modding and working to do.
    2)Welcome to relic forums.
    3)You spelt started wrong after the smiley

Ariathan
    3)You spelt started wrong after the smiley
    put in sig:

ShayDay, won't happen, FX is MP focussed, maybe if they have their hands free. but MP is a definite higher priority than SP, always, not to mention that it will take up huge amounts of much needed time. Bottem line: don't count on it :P.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information