Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

FX-Commander MOD 1.85--New Hope(released) by 9CCN

I could need a little help, please. There are two language big-files in the package: FXMOD1.71_English.big and FXMOD1.71.big. I tried both of them (running an English version of HW2), especially, I tried them, using the Rev Species 116 idea of the localizing command line option. Unfortunately, I can't get rid of this wrong strings. Even if menu and manager options now are correctly displayed, there exist several places in the interface, where wrong strings are still present. E.g., the races drop-down menu only shows the Hiig and Vaygr correctly. - Probably, I'm doing something wrong. But I don't know what. Thanks.

HW ACCESS | Mods and resources for HW, HW-Cataclysm and HW2
    25.000+ downloads done! | 1000s of shots and WIP! | You want more?

wujunfeng
    FXMOD1.71 inclouds two big-files:FXMOD1.71.big and FXMOD1.71_English.big.The FXMOD1.71.big is not a language big-file.Just start the game with the icon on your tabletop.

The 46.2MB "FXMOD1.71.big" is not a language file, I know that, it's your mod itself. But ... wait... I messed it up: in my last post I really named that "FXMOD1.71.big" a language-file; sorry my bad - naturally, this was a mistake!

However, on the other side, allow to say, you're wrong. Because apart from the mod-file, there really are two other (language) big-files, i.e. the "FXMOD1.71_English.big" and an "English.big". So, what's about the "English.big"?

You say, take the desktop icon. That one embeds "...\Bin\Release\homeworld2.exe" -mod FXMOD1.71.big,FXMOD1.71_English.big". This, syntax, however differs from the "locale"-option mentioned above in Rev Species 116's post, ... but it may be the sam in effect, I don't know.

Too bad that I can't test your advice right now, since my installment is on another PC, but I'll try it in the evening.

Sorry for the confusion and many thanks, wujunfeng, for your fast reaction!

4. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #54
    "...\Bin\Release\homeworld2.exe" -mod FXMOD1.71.big,FXMOD1.71_English.big"
    I dont think that syntax is valid for shortcut...
    Will test out some things meself, decompiling and checking.

Hi All

Code:
    "[drive]:\[Homeworld 2 directory]\Bin\Release\homeworld2.exe"
    Code:
     -mod FXMOD1.71.big -locale FXMOD1.71_English

That shortcut above is the one I use to start Homeworld 2 from my desktop. The [ ] denote an input relevant to your computer, and that the '-locale' command doesn't have the .big extension.

If we could have the exact shortcut you are using, babbo, that may give us a big heads up on how we can get it working for you.

These guys have also included the Chinese Localized version, too, for anyone out there wanting to play in (I assume) Mandarin. Great work.

6. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #56
    That makes more sense...
    I would only like to point out, before anyone jumps to conclusions, that Babbo is very well informed and cunning regarding how to run any mod in HW2. We have hardly ever seen that kind of syntax before, where you have to call up a custom big for language in addition to the big for the mod. It is very unusual. But that explains it.

sorry for confusing you~we're checking our files~~if they are incorrect, we'll let out the corrected files as soon as possible
    THX for point out that

8. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #58
    I have been trying to download this for a day or two but no...
    Does anyone have 1.71 file and are located in US/CA or Europe with a "fasti:sh" connection?

Anytime I try a mod I just decompile the entire Big file it was packed in and use the -overrideBigFile command in the desktop shortcut.. works fine for me!
    It also allows me to change the starting units file and check ships out without having to wait with research/ building them, which in the case of the SW: Warlords mod, can take Hours.. o.O

10. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #60
    So how do You play 6-7 mods at once? Having them installed, that is...
    I have 8 shortcuts on my desktop for Requiem War, PDS different versions, Complex different versions.

Not all people are interested in tweaking the scripts, and I think I made a vote on this once in Tanis...hmmm...regarding performance...http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=76443

Hi guys, if you cannot see scrips for the new races, you'll have to reinstall the mod, and put both the FX1.71_english.big and the english.big for the mod pack into your hw2\data folder, and then start the mod with the short cut that created by the installer, you'll see all the scrips correctly in game. Or, you can add this to you hw2 short cut "-mod FXMOD1.71.big,FXMOD1.71_English.big", then you can start the mod with your orginal hw2 short cut

For Home, if your problem is still present, with respect to

Does anyone have 1.71 file and are located in US/CA or Europe with a "fasti:sh" connection?
    ... may I suggest this link: FXMOD 1.71 - Star Conqueror by 9CCN! Isn't it really fasti:sh?

Apart from that, here some concrete findings (naturally, they may not be generalizable):

* Hm, milaoshu04, what you suggest is exactly what our Chinese friends do. But it doesn't work in may case (see below).

* Rev Species 116, thanks ..., I used the syntax you provided. Precisely, you don't have any wrong strings?

* I did all my big-fiddling in the \Data-directory. At least, the possibility could exist that different FXMOD-relevant paths were coded.

* The comma-version, i.e. "FXMOD1.71.big,FXMOD1.71_English.big", with or without a blank after the comma, doesn't work.

* The "-locale" option, with "FXMOD1.71_English.big" added, crashes.

* Strange, very strange: if I use "-local" (please observe the missing "e", it was just an idea...), which is against any, e.g., Karos graveyard wisdom (you may check Command-Line Parameters), I get the best result :loco: I can play all races, enjoy any ship, however, there are those strings already mentioned, e.g., $9574 or S9574. (But manager menus are correct!)

Also, there is rumour about the "English.big" that is additionally provided in the package. It's different from HW2's original one. Again, if I use the package version, no positive effect.

So, all in all, I feel delighted (really I do!) ... but the string problem is not yet solved, a reason why the mod is a little bit hard to play.

13. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #63
    heheheeee...

I have changed the dowload location in Babbos post above to:
    http://www.homeworldtrinity.org/down..._MOD_1.711.exe

Files deleted in original link.
    Last edited by Homdax; 20th Oct 06 at 6:00 AM.

Ok, I think I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbo
    * Rev Species 116, thanks ..., I used the syntax you provided. Precisely, you don't have any wrong strings?
    There is only one incorrect string that I can find that doesn't seem to link anywhere - although that could be fixed in the latest version. I downloaded version 1.71.0 (before the 4th October release, which I call 1.71.1). The incorrect string is the Research string ($3126).

* The "-locale" option, with "FXMOD1.71_English.big" added, crashes.
    I hope you didn't include the .big extension? "FXMOD1.71_English" - drop the .big in the shortcut

The .big files related to this mod that I have in my /data/ directory are:
    /data/CHS-BAK-English.big
    /data/ENG-BAK-English.big
    /data/FXMOD1.71.big
    /data/FXMOD1.71_English.big

NOTE: I didn't wish to overwrite my original English.big (so I didn't)

My exact shortcut (based on my installation):

E:\Games\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod FXMOD1.71.big -locale FXMOD1.71_English

A generic shortcut would be:

[drive]\[Homeword 2 Directory]\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod FXMOD1.71.big -locale FXMOD1.71_English

If I use the following shortcut,
    I get squares, which I assume would be 'Simplified Chinese' if I had the correct font installed:
    E:\Games\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod FXMOD1.71.big -locale CHS-BAK-English

NOTE: On all of the shortcuts, the -locale command requires that the .big extension be removed.

NOTE2: There seems to be extrenuous spaces included in the above shortcuts, just at the .exe part (looks like '. exe', but should be '.exe'). Remove them before you use them I've tried to fix it, but cannot - sorry

Rev Species 116, thanks again. Will print your advice and take it home (no HW2 in the office - would be a bad idea ;-)

* Maybe, that's the point: you're talking about 1.71.0 and I'm talking about 1.71.1 (which has some English.big, FXMOD1.71.big and the FXMOD1.71_English.big)

* an amateur's question: can ENG-BAK-English.big (from 1.71.0), and maybe CHS-BAK-English.big too, have any effect - when they are not loaded?

Will go home continuing my experiments, probably trying 1.71.0.

Rev Species 116, thanks again. Will print your advice and take it home (no HW2 in the office - would be a bad idea ;-)
    A pleasure - I just hope it works

* Maybe, that's the point: you're talking about 1.71.0 and I'm talking about 1.71.1 (which has some English.big, FXMOD1.71.big and the FXMOD1.71_English.big)
    I'll be downloading 1.72.0 when it comes out - but I'm not an 0.0.1 incremental kind of guy

* an amateur's question: can ENG-BAK-English.big (from 1.71.0), and maybe CHS-BAK-English.big too, have any effect - when they are not loaded?
    I don't believe it can have any effect unless it is stated at the command line. An un-modified Homeword 2 shortcut only knows the hardcoded default values (eg. English.big, EnglishSpeech.big, Homeworld2.big, & Music.big)

Will go home continuing my experiments, probably trying 1.71.0.
    Good Testing.

Neoner
    everything works fine to me. by the way veru good mode, nice progenitor ships, but taiidan, turanic raiders textures are so lame. I know it's easy to say that, because, I don't do a lot modding, but guys try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoner
    everything works fine to me. by the way veru good mode, nice progenitor ships, but taiidan, turanic raiders textures are so lame. I know it's easy to say that, because, I don't do a lot modding, but guys try harder.
    I believe, Neoner, that those crappy textures were made by Relic themselves. I believe the models are a direct conversion from Homeworld 1 (so the only people to blame for crappy textures is Relic )

HW-U-571
    Hello Babbo, Have you install any other mods yet? For example,the GDmod2.5? If you have installed any other one I suggest you to install HW2 again.
    Last edited by Zatch; 10th Oct 06 at 12:41 PM.

21. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #71
    Do not use all bold in posts. Thank You.

HW-U-571
    I am sorry.I will pay attention to this.

Rev Species 116, as well as HW-U-571, thanks for your concern, here what happened tonight:

* I succeeded in installing the pre-October-4th (as mentioned by RS116 under the abbreviation 1.71.0) and I had no string problem anymore ... (it would have been too nice) ... except that there was no speech during the game-play.

* As I've learned (skip the "big"-part in the English-language-big), I also did as suggested in version 1.71.1. But no luck.

* HW-U-571, ... hm, I'm not sure that your assumption is promising, cause currently I've only big-file-mods installed, or better, I have them running. Therefore I don't believe that a clean re-install would change the situation.

* Probably, I'll take a short break.

wujunfeng
    We have updataed the FX1.71 mod,fix some bugs,and add some navigation light on the runway of the Progenitors' carrier. Welcome to download it to watch and give us your advice.
    Download

25. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #75
    Ok, I will provide a mirror as soon as I have the new download on disk

Done. HWA downloads updated with FX_MOD_1.711.exe. Thanks to wujunfeng and crew!

Edit: The new installer languages will be appreciated, I'm sure!

2nd Edit: Found time to try it. Really nice ... but still no speech :blink: What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Babbo; 19th Oct 06 at 12:35 AM.

27. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #77
    We are phasing out some downloads from hwaccess net , relocating to a place with better bandwidth.

http://www.homeworldtrinity.org/down..._MOD_1.711.exe

Aaaah, ... w00t, Home! But ... a dir mamed HW3, can that be true?

Hey do u guys think you can add the Kushan as a playable race? Me and a friend have something to test which is the better race Hig or kush.ANd man i REALLY want to see the Avatar in action GO KUSHAN! WOOT! FYI im not a XENO anymore and i cant change my username cause i cant make another one becayuse i cant access my EMAIL!

Hey guys, I have absolutely NO sound when I try to play, and I don't know what is wrong with it. Other than that, great job on the mod!

I have to agree with that Kushan thing ... would be great to see them back again ...
    I don't realy like hiigarans new style.
    Old style Hw for live ^^

Mad_Barber, may I suggest that you simply ... turn on your speakers

More seriously, I have sound but I don't have speech. And I couldn't work around that.

LeviathanXENO, "Hig or kush" ... "the better race" ... ehm? ... Also, you don't need email to apply for a name change; simply do that in forum issues.

ANother thing can u guys fix the races so that the base color is used and not the default colors when they jump in. that would be nice.

I have also noticed that i can not upgrade the ELite Vette for the kadeshi since i read it the player can upgrade it to fire a EMP attack but i cant find this in the research system at all. So i was wondering if this was misplaced or something.

Hello guys, Im new to the forum but i always visit here and check out new mods. I already tested the FXMOD 1.71, I have to say I like it. But there are few problem i think you need to be attentions (since its still a early stage) of:

- Firstly, I find that some of the race destroyers and the heavy crusier are over powerful (need some tweaks). I can easily wipe off the enemy in early surprise attack.
    - Secondly I find those frigate and destroyer ships are small in some races. It look good but I feel like its too small like cartoon. SD Gundam?
    - Thirdly, I have problem selecting those frigates and destroyer units on the game after I build it. I have too drag a large box to select and able to control the units.

Hope you guys going to fixed it.

Lastly, when you guys going to releases the Gundam Seed!!! I'm fan of Seed and Destiny! Love to see you guys working on it and show more image! Good luck!

THe ships are balanced as is. every race has its strengths and weakness that is how is it designed. Hw 1 dessys are supposed to be superior to hw 2 dessy because of their ion cannons. ANd i raped hig BC with Taiidan HC 1v1 because i have movement advantage. Its all about moveability in cruiser fights.

My speakers are on, that's what's wierd about it

Can you guys also fix the prob with the chat box in online games. We cant team chat wihtout it comign up as a bunch of numbers and such. SO this way we dont have to whisper the same message to each other would be great. Tks for hearing me out!

Augis
    Damn chinese done preety good i wana chinese food for lunch he he

utpoorboy
    Wow, great job on the mod, lots of diverse options here! Now if only a little of PDS 7.3 could be mixed in here...hmm. But back to topic, Great mod!

Stunt Man

???

How can you guys have tried it already? I have to say, judging from what I have seen and read, it is the greatist mod I have ever heard of, great job! But I can't get it to work. It is probably a little problem that I keep looking over, but It is a big issue. The game crashes after I click the "Start Game" button in the player vs computer menu :lonely: :weep: . Can someone please help me?
    Last edited by Stunt Man; 6th Nov 06 at 10:35 PM. Reason: For a few add-ons.

... did you change something in the game mode options ... if so what did you change before starting the game ???

Stunt Man
    I changed the race that I wanted to play and of my enemy, the map, and the gamerules to homeworld classic. I also tried normal deathmatch.

utpoorboy
    I don't know, I installed it and ran it with no problems. Maybe you should re-install HW2 (w/ 1.1 patch). Or if you keep a copy of the HW2 "Data" file in another directory, delete the "Data" file in HW2, copy the fresh one over and re-install the mod. Hope that helps

Stunt Man
    Thank you very much. It works perfect now. Your help was all I needed.

Razor7
    Teamcolours don't work but other then that its cool.

You all have speech?

Razor7
    No. Only for RU inject.

Thanks - so we have to wait.

Razor7
    Is there a fix for teamcolours?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information