Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

FX-Commander MOD 1.85--New Hope(released) by 9CCN

1. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #151
    Last edited by Homdax; 14th Feb 07 at 10:06 AM.

AWESOME!!! I've been waiting for 1.72 for ages now, I'm soo happy it's released now ^^ Thanks a bunch and have a great Chinese new year ^^
    WildHeart|Genesis|
    :::{Homeworld 2: FX. Building a new Hw2 since '08.}:::{@ ModDB}:::{@ RelicNews}

Does 1.72 contain new taiidan fighter (I can't find it anywhere) ?

Game crash when I press start for this new scenario.

It always says it's corrupted...
    The vaygr will rise once again!

5. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #155
    Try another mirror...
    redownload...
    pray...

O.J.[GENESIS]

FX MOD 1.72

Great, Im sure your servers are busy today. I notice problem w/ Progenitor. Now can only upgrade Arsenal Ship engines and not armor like in 1.71. Also..u can't "Click and Select" ships to attack them...it works but not everytime. It seems like the collecting is more like the regular HW2 game now..which is good. Fix the chat bug please...GREAT JOB KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

zgrillo2004
    A bug has been found. the rotation by holding the right mouse button is very very laggy but the graphics is prefect. its just the camera bug. I have patch 1.1. I uninstall ed FX and its gone. it seems to be that FXMod is causing it. please make a fix

Looks and is great ... but I can't get any speech. Anybody else out there suffering from that symptom? Also, I feel the CPU sometimes acting al little weird: standard Progenitor playing against the Taiidan was a way too easy and from the middle of the game I found the CPU totally concentrated on building never ending batches of research ships (a total >30) and almost no fighters (<10).

But the main thing is: thank you very much for your effort FX-team!

HW ACCESS | Mods and resources for HW, HW-Cataclysm and HW2
    25.000+ downloads done! | 1000s of shots and WIP! | You want more?

O.J.[GENESIS]
    Wow strange prob indeed Babbo, but if u get no speech are u sure u downloaded 1.72 and not 1.71. Also, check the Data folder of the game to see if the FXMODLANG.big is there and FXMODLANGSPEECH.big. If they are, verify the shortcut arguments are pointing to them. Only the FXMODLANG.big will be in the "Target" line of your shortcut properties. As for prob w/ making lots of res ships..sorry ask experts...On another note!
    Do any of u actually goto to the gamespy menu of the game to play? If u do, there is a whole community of people there to play and ask questions for problems. I see some of the people from this thread on the game but not many. Where do u play? We have more poeple that play by going "Multiplayer/Gamespy" that play FX than anywhere else! (I think) Good luck.

Thanks for your ideas, GENESIS. My data folder holds FXMOD172.big (the mod comes up with a 1.72 version signature) and the FXMODLANG.big (both contained in FX's original exe), but there's no FXMODLANGSPEECH.big!? The only additional speech files English.big and EnglishSpeech.big (dated 2003) appear to stem from HW2's original installation. So it is about FXMODLANGSPEECH.big - where did you get it from?

Edit: Unfortunately, new troubles. Played a new standard game Raiders (me) against Yaygr and I have to say the amount of imbalance is simply too big. My outpost was built, 2-3 dozens of corvettes and fighters, one missile cruiser and one heavy cruiser ... when the enemy sent his first -- probe! Later I discovered that at that time the Vaygr were building their 3rd shipyard, the whole "fleet" guarded by about 10 fighters and a couple of frigates.

Also, the missile cruiser (even if set to F4) didn't fire.

And the speech problem is still unsolved.
    Last edited by Babbo; 17th Feb 07 at 2:29 AM.

11. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #161
    Babbo knows his stuff. If he says its wrong, it is.

O.J.[GENESIS]
    Are any of u guys playing online? 3 Shipyards? Sounds like he's playing the cpu with the Unit cap turned to High! I didnt quite understand the "When enemy sent 1st probe part". Does that mean u had much more built than the cpu? What settings are u using? U can also add the line -determcompplayer to the shortcut of your HW2 FX shortcut to make the cpu a stronger opponent. As for your sound issues..if both bigs aren't there i would try reinstalling, and download using a different link. Also, I noticed the big file does not have a period after the 1.72 and I had to rename the file to match the same way it appears in shortcut. The FXMODLANGSPEECH.big was installed automatically when I ran the 1.72 installer. Like I said there are lots of guys playing online and none if them mentioned the probs u are having. Where do u play your multiplayer games? Homeboy, the HWACESS site still refers to the older version of FX. U should remover banner until it's updated.
    Last edited by O.J.[GENESIS]; 17th Feb 07 at 8:55 AM.

"When enemy sent 1st probe part" means that I had already a unbeatable strike force, when the CPU was in its "beginnings". With respect to my big-problems, I can only say that I downloaded the install-file, FX_MOD_1.72.exe, from HWTrinity (... thanks by the way, Home ) and it dosn't contain a FXMODLANGSPEECH.big at all! May be, it's an install issue, some rename thing, which failed, I don't know. GENESIS, you wrote "if both bigs aren't there ...", that confuses me, cause -as I understood- there should be three bigs in the data folder: FXMOD172.big, FXMODLANG.big and that mysterious FXMODLANGSPEECH.big. I have the first two -as mentioned- but not the 3rd one. And my settings are always default (difficulty set two standard).

"Where do u play your multiplayer games?". Sorry, GENESIS, forgot two go into that question: so far, I didn't play in any lobby, just simple skirmishes, so to say "lonesome at home".

O.J.[GENESIS]
    1. Here is what the argument of my FX 1.72 shortcut looks like. "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod FXMOD1.72.big -locale FXMODLANG
    2. Your Data folder should Contain:FXMODLANGSPEECH.big,FXMODLANG.big,FXMOD1.72.big
    I didn't use the trinity server I used the link suggested by CCN9 which is on the previous page. I dont know why u play home alone when there is a whole community online. From your main menu goto Mutliplayer/Gamespy/Beginner....C U there...u don't have to pay all u need is the internet which u obviously have.

Also try playing cpu with these settings: EXPERT CPU (Of course) 3000 ru to start, no ru injections, unit cap to default. Those are settings we use online where the best players are. Playing the cpu is for noobs...hehe.

Last edited by O.J.[GENESIS]; 17th Feb 07 at 12:04 PM.

I can confirm the non-existence, in the installation I downloaded, of the FXMODLANGSPEECH.big file. I did experiment by installing the Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese files, to see if it was missing from the English installation, but it was still not included.

O.J.[GENESIS], baring your celebrations for Chinese New Year, could you confirm the existence and filesize of the FXMODLANGSPEECH.big for us.

FXMOD Team, enjoy New Year too. Come back to us only when your celebrations have concluded. We can wait, and so can our 'bugs'
    @ #Homeworld
    <molo> here's a question
    <molo> what if a school blocked proxies
    <molo> how would you get around them

RaGod
    The wording on the tutorial is fun lol

"All Your Base..." type of fun

Every time I play the MOD, I think it gets better and better. Amazing work. I think Complex 5.X has been my favourite, though, but FXMOD is catching up.

18. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #168
    Noted O.J..
    Will revise...

I fail to see how the file I uploaded to HWTRI can be faulty since it is the same one linked by 9CCN in previous page...

Wow, very nice looking mod, finally i can play the Kadeshi in HW2, man i love the Kadeshi...

Thanks FX for your reply. And I have solved the puzzle too. You can treat the install file as a simple packed file and unpack it in some directory and start your manual installation from there. Copying/moving the two big-files two the data folder, and using an appropriate shortcut, will run the game - but without sound. The error is that one shouldn't treat that exe as a packed file, but -as it is described- as a setup-procedure (double-left click and "follow the instructions..."). And in that latter case, the very last thing what the setup does, is to copy the EnglishSpeech.big to FXMODLANGSpeech.big.

The Turranic missile cruiser still is a type of lame character, don't know why. There are quite some differences in the textures, depending on the races you play. I would have loved two see, e.g., that missile cruiser in more detail (no complaint, just a remark). Finally, after several skirmishes, I still suffer from that tactical imbalance: easy and standard are a way too simple (especially, easy), hard is quite demanding and *cough* I have not yet tried the last option.

Playing is a visualization thing, isn't it!? From that respect, I'm missing Turranic resourcer animations as well as animated missiles (I'm not a real fan of those small crowded cycles). Textures still open room to improve. Hopefully, these are features that will be solved in future.

There are many real impressing scenes on the other side: my favourite is the Sajuuk when she's preparing to fire the big one ...

All in all, it's a real fun thing.

O.J.[GENESIS]
    Babbo..i guess u do not playing online for some reason...I said to rerun the installer. But Glad to see U R up and functional. It seems like not everyone got the same big as i did, its 149 mb large. I spoke to some guys in the game about it and not all of them have the big file either. Not sure why i do at this point since it seems not needed to get voices in the game. Great mod........
    Last edited by O.J.[GENESIS]; 20th Feb 07 at 2:40 PM.

RaGod
    expert is sooo hard especialy fighting the raiders myfriend and i were playing a skirmish game for 5 HOURS against them and stil llost! this mod is great! though i would like to see a few more ships for the kadeshi, maybe a new BC and an anti fighter pulsar frigate perhapse?

Will you be incoporating the HW Classic gamerule options?
    Download my Homeworld mods, maps & tools. link
    Username|SF on Gamespy/Xfire/Hamachi/Gameranger

Ariathan
    it works perfectly with the HW Classic gamerules

not totally. Bounties do not work and you only get a V cc when playing as the other races which sucks.

Architect of Armageddon Ironwatsas's Avatar
    Well, this mod is officially awesome. Infact, It wins the official Watsas seal of Approval.

=>pretend seal of approval here!<=

The custom models are awe inspiring, even the ones that were H4X of the originals, awesomeness! The HW1 -> HW2 conversions alone win some fourm award. And the fact that this is virtually bug free only makes it that much better.

There are issues however, as with any and every mod.

Like in stock HW2, there's the fact that strikecraft feel like they're made of paper mache. They all blow up on one or two hits, even from lower end weaponry, making any tactical use aside from mass swarming impossible.
    Simply tuning up the armor on fighters a little should solve this little problem.

Well there's my $0.02 for today.
    Life goes on EXCEPT FOR YOU! ^^

Ariathan
    Thing is, getting that HW1 feeling in HW2 will hard. Mainly because unitwise the games differ completly, both of em with pro's and con's. Good thing, if you like change.

I personally quite like the bits where strikecraft swarms get insta-smoked, especially when it is me who is smoking them. Just a way of thinking

O.J.[GENESIS]
    Iron,

Just how many hit's should a stick craft take before dying? Are you talking ints? Frigs? Just a question....And I hate to sound like a broken record but besides Levi and Ari..do any of u play online? And if not how come? Makes no sense to me....

Most fighters should have a level of survivability at least comprible to that of those from HW1/HWC. Naturally Hiigaran ships would be tougher given their Industrial quality control standards, Vaygr and Kadeshi would use swarms of cheap craft and are best left as is, and the Taiidan and Turanic Raider strikecraft would be in the middle of the road, being a bit more armored and faster than their Vaygr counterparts, but less so in both respects then those of Hiigara.

As for multiplayer, I have yet to do so, but might in the near future.

Ariathan
    I agree with making strikecraft a little more resilliant vs the havoc of war, but not take away the fighters vulnerability. Sure, the interceptors in HW1 were fun to play with, but they almost felt like corvettes to me at some point, where as in HW2 the "fighter" class really has that "fighter" feeling.

It might have been slightly overdone in HW2 though... armour upgrades anyone?

EpiQ
    Incredible.......

Never seen such a great mod... better then warlords (the hardpoints sucked on warlords nyway)

but thi sis just... damn!

NewAgeOfPower
    how do you install the mod? is this too stupid a question?

Ariathan
    NewAgeOfPower
    how do you install the mod? is this too stupid a question?

Yes.

1) Download from the link they gave you.
    2) Run the app, DO. NOT. CHANGE. PATHS. unless you are ABSOLUTLY POSTIVE that you should.
    3) Use the newly added Kadeshi needleship icon on your desktop. Do not use the FX1.71 icon.

NewAgeOfPower
    Dude, I tried to install this but the path lists at X:\GameDir. When I try to install at X:\GameDir it tells me the path is not acessible.

Raxxman
    Odd, have you tried a fresh install in the default directory?

I've not encountered a problem in install yet.

idiot. You are supposed to select the directory for it to install to! SO in this case install to your hw 2 folder and be done iwth it! Just the hw 2 folder and nothing else. After that it will make an icon on your desktop and run that icon to play the moD!DOLT!

You're really sure that you struck the right note?

Ariathan
    how bloody hard can it be

If it says X:\GameDir, change it to your HW2 folder and just follow the procedure. If it's already set, leave it and just click next. Use the newly added icon that says FX1.72 in big capital letters...

Simple as that.

NewAgeOfPower
    Yea, well other mods that overwrite the data folders of HW2 usually leave it corrupted forcing reinstall, therefore I was worried. I got it installed and eden is pretty damn hard, the HW2 campaign was so much easier, just had to pay attention.

I know I got a PM a long time ago from fxmod9ccn regarding incorporating HW Classic. I was just wondering if you guys would still be interested. I would be willing to help. I need a modder who's familiar with HW Classic and with all the FX ships to assist me though (Levi?).

If someone volunteers to assist me I will start a new thread.

P.S. Please only volunteer if you want to work. The work entailed mostly involves ship stats and is kind of boring. No scripting skill is required.
    Last edited by Mikali; 1st Mar 07 at 6:44 PM.

O.J.[GENESIS]
    Levi u are funny as heck...."Dolt"...omg!

Michigan, unemployment capital of the USA
    Is anyone else having a problem with playing Progenitor and Turanic Raider and being unable to build resource collectors?

NewAgeOfPower
    the fx mod should incoporate the dynamic mods found here:

http://www.rakrent.com/rtsc/html/hwii7_05.htm#dynamic

Dynamic Fighters: This allows fighters to dogfight, unchaining them from thier tendency to go out in strafing runs.

Dynamic CapShips: Allows FRIGATES to manouver in all directions, instead of being stuck to an ecleptic

Ariathan
    I concur with NewAge.

As do I.

46. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #196
    Watch it.
    Dynamic series are integrated in PDS as per a prior agreement with the Dynamic series creator.

So You better have any permissions both validated and stamped.

Fair warning, indeed.

Though the suggestion to use that mod did not come from one of the MOD creators. I have faith in their [9CCN] ability to come up with any scripting on their own.

True, but it's always a good idea to have diplomatic relations between two or several modding projects for mutual benefit and synergy effects between mulitple projects, even if it has no direct impact on the mod itself.

NewAgeOfPower
    Of course, I think bombers should still go out in long strafing runs against cap ships.

Also, I agree with Ironwatsas; we should always play nice with other modders, even if it takes only 10 mins to duplicate their work, as it gives us a nice community and thus you guys can cooperate with each other when you finish your modding projects

Bombers going in a long streight line are dead meat. Capital hull guns and defence fighters would have no trouble picking them off. Bombers should zigzag and attack from diffrent angles to throw off attackers, thus increasing the chance to hit their target and get out alive.

Really, what sane pilot would fly in a streight line when there are bullets and explosions flying all around him and he's flying a ship with paper thin armor, which brings me back to the strikecraft survivability issue.
    But you're probably all tired of me rambling about that...

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information