Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

FX-Commander MOD 1.85--New Hope(released) by 9CCN

Ghent
    The icon/decal for the Kadeshi is wrong :/

Dregnought
    Just a little thing - you *should* leave the first topic color to default. Why?

Blue on blue - i never even knew there was text there. I use the Homeworld theme... I ended up going through half the pages to try find a download link. What fun - downloading now.

The mod is pretty good.

There are quite a few spelling errors and some text that could be better, and the multiplayer chat issue, but all in all it is very fun to play and pretty well balanced.

If anyone likes I could endeavor to fix the text issues.
    My blog
    "Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." ~Alfred Pennyworth

taidan race dont have their own ship refrences they take it out of the other race

eg taidan carrier comes up as the kar-toba for kadeshi

No...Taiidan stuff comes proted straight from Homeworld 1.

Unless you mean the ship icon, then ya.

yea ship icon

hey is da bentusi race gunna be included?
    i love the bentusi

if u could can u put the bentusi exchange ship from homeworld 1 in?

that is if u gunna make a bentusi race

Please try to type correctly. That means typing "you" instead of "u", "the" instead of "da", "gonna" instead of "gunna", and use capital letters where appropriate.

We allow some leeway, personal quirks, etc... but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed.
    ~

It looks like there may eventually be Bentusi in the mod, as depicted somewhat in one of the menu backgrounds, but I don't think there is anything concrete yet.
    Last edited by Zatch; 3rd Jun 07 at 2:36 PM.

Will 1.9 have a working teamcolours??

Damn you're first mod that attempt to create full scale Taiidan race
    However this Battleship looks a bit too blocky for Taiidans (it looks a bit similar to QJ in general confing).

Anyway, is there is a chance that you could barter those HW1 Taiidan ships with PDS mod for their advance Taiidan ships (advance corvette and advance Cruiser)?

PDS mod really need some Taiidan hulls in adition to those two and they tried to contact you.

If you're interested please contact them:
    http://www.pds.hwaccess.net/news.php

The Battleship is spectacular, but I don't think it fits quite right with Taiidan technology. The seperated aft thrusters are bothering me and I think that there should be a few more cannons on the top and bottom if it is going to attack sideways, leave it if it attacks from the front. It looks a bit like a sideways Hiigaran Battleship.

hm, the Taiidani Battleship does indeed look good, however I do agree she needs more guns.

As right now, I figure theres six guns on her, that two less then a Heavy Cruiser.

Good to see progress on this mod.

I like the design of the horizontal gun emplacements. Although the main hull follows the basic vertical design philiosophy of super-capital class Taiidan ships, this particular model doesn't seem quite right.

I envision a ship similar to Enterprise-E's Vanaar-Jet

Omg that Vannar-Jet has always made me feel fuzzy on the inside.

wow... this mod looks like... almost like another homeworld expansion pack! good work guys!
    Creator of:
    Assam Kiith'sid Storehouse - the ultimate resource of HW files. # The Authadeia, Homeworld Fanfic # many homeworld arts, and some animations # Encyclopedia Hiigara (adopted in April 2007)

Relic, please make HW3!

Avathar
    wow thats looks really really good, keeping an eye out for this keep it up.

Good to see this mod is still being worked on I like the new models so far, the new Taiidan Battleship style reminds me of the models in the AFF mod..so yeah it's cool and keep it up
    WildHeart|Genesis|
    :::{Homeworld 2: FX. Building a new Hw2 since '08.}:::{@ ModDB}:::{@ RelicNews}

looks cool but is there gonna be the origional bentusi exchange ship be in the mod?

Those that have the FX mod lets start playing it online again and get it to spread around again. TIme to revive this online once agian i say! TO HW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fx'ers Unite!

The problem is, FX doesn't allow you to chat in-game. You get a reference number instead.

Dregnought
    You *can* whisper to each person - thats IT.

A bug that needs a serious fix.

I guess the FX mod mainly died since u can only whisper to a person, I know quite some people who say they'll give it a try when the chat works properly.

But yeah I'm in for some good ol' FX games in 4 weeks or so...busy with preparing for final tests

A plasma frigate ??

Hm..I'd say it looks like the crossbreed between an torpedo frigate and an heavy missile frigate..it looks cool nontheless What purposes will it have?

Dregnought
    Veygar super-heavy missile frigate? (Anti-capital no-doubt)

*remembers planet killers from last mission. The missiles look about the right size...*

hehe rofle ... :-)
    the planet killer missile is as big as a frigate ... if not even a bit bigger ;-)
    But i would agree that it is anti cap

could there be a cap ship thats anti fighter?

No, their job is to destroy everything else exept fighter, but they have solid anti fighter defense.

The ship does seem to be anti capital or bmbardment oriented.

P.S. look at the lower right corner, nice

Dregnought
    Falco - the missiles *could* be resized, since they'd have to be edited anyway. It's been a while since I played it :P

Looks more like it'd be a Heavy Lance frigate to me, sort of the Vaygr's response to the Hiigarans Ion cannon Frigate.

Dregnought
    I think I speak for everyone when I say - PLEASE fix the chat!!! It will be *alot* more playable by then (to the point where I won't even bother downloading if the bug is still present in the next version...)

i havent played online for homeworld 2 yet so i might need some help of wat the keys are

edit: i cant go online cause it says unknown cd key or something can some1 help me with this?
    Last edited by hazzar9; 9th Jun 07 at 7:04 AM.

Ariathan
    yeah, buy it.

stay on topic.

things that i'd rather like to see fixed asap is, as mentioned many times before, the chatsystem and colour/badge support for the main 4 added races before adding any nifty functions like a military rank system (?), but i suppose it's your call.

I'm currently not playing any HW2 games at all, but if you guys wanna get together some time and have a massive brawl gimmie headsup, already seen Erik and Levi's attempts to defib this thing :P

looking forward to your next release

Ariathan

can the creator tell me when bentusi will be added in the mod plz?

hazzer9, modders should never ever give deadlines...it causes unneccessary hype and anger when the mod isn't shipped out on that date (which is most cases).

fxmod9ccn has already pointed out that the mod will most likely not be made available until after October, which is a smart move IMO to give an extremely vague timeline.

Ariathan
    "When it's done"

edit: i cant go online cause it says unknown cd key or something can some1 help me with this?
    So... Where did you get this copy of Homeworld 2 which coincidentally... contained an "unknown" CD-Key?

Anyway, great mod -- the races are fun to play, and I'm seeing a lot of great potential in the future.

@ IcyPenguin i bought it at amazon when it was first released.

Rikan
    Why are there no vocies and do you have an estamiet for 1.73 THX

@ Ariathan: Yeah Levi asked me to play a FX game with him so I did but he left...maybe my interceptor wave wasn't really something he saw coming LOL

Even though it may take some time to 1.8, there still it an 1.73 to come if I'm right--remember the discard space station and 4 new maps u showed us? Well anyways I'm really looking forward next release, but please, take your time and make it as best as you can--we aren't helped with an half-finished 1.73

As for the online FX, I'm trying to bring it back to life over the coming days, but I really lack time..but I'll try

Ariathan
    hazzar9
    @ IcyPenguin i bought it at amazon when it was first released.
    well then reinstall your game and enter your cd-key, if not... *omg*... BUY IT or take your questions to sierra support, this is not a helpdesk. You'll keep getting shitty responses like this here, because you're off-topic... again. We want to discuss the mod here, not your "problems".

It doesn't matter where you bought it, if you have paid for it, it works. If you didn't, it won't. Simple as that. Pay the money if you want to play online. (it's like 5 quid?)

Haha Erik miss the old days... like the idea of getting some of the guys from the olde time together and get this thing working again. I'd be more than happy to help you set up a forum when 1.8 is released, and see if we can organise some sort of an FX union (lol). Anyways i'll be lurking about the thread/forum now and then, let me know when you've got summin going and count me in .

Shame about the chatsystem, but maybe we could get a ventrillo/ts server, use headsets instead? Just a suggestion, and it'll only work if we've got a solid base of players. If not, whispering it is then.

Rikan: I thought they fixed that?

@ Rikan -
    Modders should never ever give deadlines...it causes unneccessary hype and anger when the mod isn't shipped out on that date (which is most cases).

fxmod9ccn has already pointed out that the mod will most likely not be made available until after October, which is a smart move IMO to give an extremely vague timeline.
    "When it's done"

TeamSpeak server would be cool tho. I'll lead you guys with my command skillz either to safety or to Karos... depends on how my skills are :P

But we should have an old-school reunion...Levi Me Asgard Ariathan Jynxx and maybe Synlias if he's still around = big fun. But we'll see about that. For now I'll plot some things to give FX it's activity back...so we have 20 FXers in lobby again...like old times...

Rikan
    Total Entropy:Chill out dude i was only asking

Dregnought
    The only idea I can think off is if some of the more talented coders got together to track down this chat bug, and fix it. I'm already looking about, but just as confused as you seem to be... from what I can tell, nothing interferes with the chat system....

Ariathan
    I think it's the language barrier, the mod was scripted in Chinese after all...

Erik, I still have that Titan guy on msn, he can be a bit "noisy", but he's got some skills. I'll see if I can get a hold of him.

Oh and if anyone else wants into this, let us know...

Dregnought
    Doesn't matter - LUA scripting is in English. In fact, the entire mod, it's all in English.

Ariathan
    If you say so.

job .. he's right ^^ ... only the infostings, names and so on were chinese.
    -- you can believe him :-)

man i really wanna get online ah wells

is this mod just gunna be homeworld races or there gonna be custom races?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information