Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

FX-Commander MOD 1.85--New Hope(released) by 9CCN

I'm pretty sure in this Homeworld mod ther are gunna be Homeworld races...
    My blog
    "Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." ~Alfred Pennyworth

k just thought it was 1 of those mix creative mods with imagenary races :-D

Ariathan
    job .. he's right ^^ ... only the infostings, names and so on were chinese.
    -- you can believe him :-)
    Who said I didn't?

man i really wanna get online ah wells
    is this mod just gunna be homeworld races or there gonna be custom races?
    k just thought it was 1 of those mix creative mods with imagenary races :-D
    Do you read anything at all before you post?

Dregnought
    Hazzar - for information like that, *always* read the first post
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...2&page=1&pp=15

k, that gotta be the worst grammer/spelling I've seen in my entire life so far.

Even though I'm online like everyday I still see no FXers....get back into playing it T_T
    WildHeart|Genesis|
    :::{Homeworld 2: FX. Building a new Hw2 since '08.}:::{@ ModDB}:::{@ RelicNews}

Dregnought
    I got my disc back today so i'l be online more.
    Stay online on hamachi. we'll organise a game. my friend and i are always online at this time...
    But lets get back to the mod ok :P

Great mod.

As for a suggestion, have would be to have the ships from the previous Homeworld games, Taiidan and so on. Have the same prices and build times they had in HW1/Cata.

Architect of Armageddon Ironwatsas's Avatar
    Several things. First being the tiered unit capability (I.E. Fighters get pwnd by corvettes, corvettes get pwnd by frigates, and so on). My suggestion is to tweak the hitpoints, damage values, weapon ranges, etc to make things a bit more like HW1 or HWC.

I'd also suggest giving the skirmish AI a swift kick in the -luatrace. HW2s default AI is too simplistic, predictable, and linear. What I'd like to see is an AI that will at least attack with diffrent unit combinations then fighter spam followed by 'lone battlecruiser jumping out of hyperspace' syndrome.
    Life goes on EXCEPT FOR YOU! ^^

Dregnought
    The progenitor are a little over-powered in multiplayer games.
    A little :P

and as someone else said, having the old hw1 races, and maybe even hw cataclysm... eventually new gametypes :P

Keep adding onto it I say. This is a great mod.

It would be great to fix the chat system
    The vaygr will rise once again!

Dregnought
    Lol, I think that is pretty clear by everyone. I'm sure the makers are looking into the issue, and if they aren't I am :P

It would be nice if you could fix the chat/Taii color bugs and add all ships/races from Hw1 and Cataclysm, but besides that I can't think of much what the mod should need other then that.....it's already an great mod. But yeah, I realy don't know what to expect (like the military ranking system you mentioned) and stuff like that, guess we'll wait and see. Just don't make it too complex

I also agree with Dregnought that the Progenitor are an bit too overpowered. Their scouts can replace interceptors in groups, and I notice they're not being used much except for the keeper rushes, which are just very annoying and not easy to counter. Perhaps you could make the progress of summoning an keeper abit more difficult and expansive to balance things out.

My next point is the Taiidani defender. In Homeworld1, it still 'danced' at it's position while shooting, giving them at least an bigger chance to dodge fire. Here, they sit at one place and if units get close enough they're useless. Speaking about the Taiidani, I'd really like to see the Vanaar-Jet in the mod

This brings me to the Beast race: What are you gonna use to replace/resemble the infection beam? If you stick to the infection beam effect like in cata where 1 shot can kill 1 fighter wing the game gets 'kinda' out of balance. Maybe best would be to replace infection beam with an beam which can EMP the target and board it at the same time.

Of course, Beast ships should have abit more firepower/armor but lack in speed and should be abit more expansive like in Cata.

I think I've said all with that, hope you'll read it

The real problem I have with the Progenitors are the Reasearch Tree and Drones.

Research Tree looks really terrible (descriptions), like SAJUUK BIG PWNZORZ TECH.

Drones are WAY to uber, I understand that only Keepers can make them, but they still kill everything.

Ariathan
    As a long-time player I might have a few idea's:

1) PLEASE get coloursupport for AT LEAST the Taiidan, I mean, grey Taiidan ships is blasphemy :P. The chatsystem would be nice but you said you've been having difficulties with that. For me, getting coloursupport for the Taiidan would be a definite 200% improvement.

I see there are a lot of complaints about the Progenitors being overpowered. The progenitors have mulitple well-put weakspots, Sajuuk/Dreadnaught both suffer from the "Vaygr-BC" syndrome, and the Progenitor fighters can't even get near a fully upgraded Taiid fighter or any Kadeshi swarmer for that matter. DO NOT, I REPEAT NOT nerf the Progenitors, the Kadeshi or the Turanics, people will just have to figure out how to deal with them, and there is a way. That's what Homeworld was all about, that's what it should be all about now. Use your brain instead of your Boo-Hoo.

2) Quite like the idea of getting Ent-E's Vanaar-Jet in here, give the Taiidan a heavy-hitter like Sajuuk or the Deathstar Mica. Apart from that, it's all good. You woudn't want to add too many units...

3) Well any further improvements would be badgesupport, get HW2's "personal-quirk" factor back. Maybe some more exiting models for the Kadeshi Needleships, Taiidan Fleet Command/CC and the Turanic CC/Outpost, but I would consider that low-priority.
    I also saw there were some complaints about the Research tree. IMHO, it's just fine the way it is. I can't see anything there is someone might want to change about it, however I'm gonna have to agree with Total Entropy again, the names aren't very bright, but you already get big kudo's for putting it in English in the first place . Maybe recruit some English speaking modders to do the GUI for you?

My final suggestion would be, post some random eye candy pics more often, helps keep popularity up and us interested :P

- Ariathan
    Last edited by Ariathan; 13th Jun 07 at 8:47 AM.

Ariathan
    Yeah suspected as much, still great to hear that colours are coming up. Keep up the good work!

Fx mod now has its own forum! CHeck it out!

http://hwfx.invisionplus.net/

1. Which part of FXMOD is needed to change and improve by your thought?
    Not enough gametypes. Getting the mod to work with HW Classic would be great.
    Download my Homeworld mods, maps & tools. link
    Username|SF on Gamespy/Xfire/Hamachi/Gameranger

Lmao let's clear one thing up: I made those forums and Levi is just advertising them. But glad you like them FXmod9ccn, we'd like to see everyone who plays FX over there and we would be honoured if some members of the 9CCN modding group would come over too I still need to fix some things but they're doing fine so far.

So, get in all

Ariathan
    Hummmm...

personally id like to see the kushan added to this since u guys are adding teh somtaaw and beast why not add them eh. Kushan are post Kharak because it got destroyed and they set out on revenge against the taiidan empire. The Hiigarans of Hw 2 are way past that and trying to survive against their new enemy the Vagyr and the bloody progenitors. It would make sense to add the kushan into this mod to me because it wont be complete with it them. After all the taiidan are their enemies from hw 1. The set wouldnt be complete with just one of them now will it. Kushan and hig may have different ships but that difference is what sets them apart. And i would love to see Avatar vs Qwaar-Jet duels in hw 2 FX mod. anyways thats what i have to say.

Paradoxes are not cool.

Actually, I think that's an intersting plot for an single-player campaign (?). I'd really like to see the Kushan destroyer (my fav. ship) back in the mod, or at the very least implement some kushan models in the Karos Graveyard map you are making for 1.73.

My 2 cents

Ariathan
    Paradoxes are not cool.
    'Nuff said.

Elaboration, Bullshit-filter Turn Off!

Yes the Taiidan are the enemies of the Kushan in HW1, but the Taiidan Imperial Remnant will outlive the republic, and will still exists by the time HW2 begins. According to some fandom, the Taiidan will even benefit greatly from the sudden demise of Makaan and the deplorable state the Hiigarans find themselves in after HW2, as they will reclaim the Republic and several vital key locations in both the former Vaygr reaches and the Hiigaran empire. That's the Taiidan.

The Kushan ARE the Hiigarans, no matter what they do, or who they're fighting. Is the US army from WW2 any less the US army than todays? Both the Somtaaw and the Beast have nothing to do with the Kushan in a military sense, who actually are the Hiigarans by the time the Cat events start anyway.

Paradoxes are not cool.

Then, my last idea would be you make an short single-player campaign which takes place before or short after the Kushan land on Hiigara and thus the Taiidani is still around. If you can bring Kadeshi, Somtaaw, Beast and w/e races back it's a waste if you let out Kushan. I don't care in what way, but they need to be in the mod.

Indeed, in my opinion if the mod is going to have the Somtaaw, who themselves are hiigaran in the mod, should have the Kushan in. I seriously don't see an issue with adding in the Kushan, I mean seriously. Your going to be able to pit somtaaw aginst Hiigaran, Whats so wrong with piting Kushan aginst Hiigaran?

Ariathan
    Well um, lets start with the fact that the Hiigarans are 100 years ahead, ever considered techological advance?

Second, the Somtaaw aren't Kushan, they are a Kiith clan, and judging from Cat, they operate on a certain level of independance. They have their own ships, their own fleet command and a Mothership class ship. 'Nuff said. There's your fleet.

Yes integrating some form of Kushan cameo appearance in a storyline would be great, but this is not Requiem War.
    Thing is, The Kadeshi/Taiidan are both from HW1, taken. So are the Turanics, BUT taking that the creaters value the timeline, their presence and ability to hurt Hiigaran/Vaygr ships suggests that they have kept their tech up to speed. The Kushan however, come straight out of HW1, with their 100yrs ago tech. It just wouldn't make any sense them blasting the fuck out of ships 100 years from the future. Ask Star Trek.

Lastly, why do you people keep demanding? Let them finish what they've got lined up first, before whining about adding *ANOTHER* race. They've said no Kushan, because of continuity, a perfectly sensible explanation to save unnecessary work, not to mention that we've got the Bentusi coming up...
    I say, stop whining about adding the Kushan and live with what you've got. If not, go drool at some Req War pics from 2002, and pray that they post SOMETHING before 2012.

<3<3<3

They could add made up kiith (or existing ones) with Kushan style ships that are heavily modified(after all they are 100 years old)

however I'd rather see them finish the current races before adding new ones. Taiidan are especially lacking modern (in a sense) weapons.

If this mod team wanted to preserve "continuity" they would not have added the Kadeshi nor the Taiidani. From what we know the Kadeshi were destroyed by the exile fleet, and the Taiidani have been absorbed into the Vaygr ranks.

I see no reason why the Kushan cannot be included.

So far 5 people want Kushan in and 2 dorks not. 'nuff said, we'd like to see the Kushan in, too

I would love to the the Revelation destroyer (Kushan destroyer) back in action. She was one of my favorite ships.

Don't forget there is a maximum of 7 races. No one so far has been able to go beyond that (if you remve the random function you can have 8, but that could seriously mess up the game). SO far we got the: 1) Hiigarans 2) Vaygr 3) Taiidani 4) Progenitors 5) Turanics 6) Khadeshi. Implementing the Kushan would be a waste of space since they are the Hiigarans, but adding some upgraded Kushan ships to the Hiigrans would be great.

Don't forget that the Bentusi are going in that 7th slot.

If Bentusi are going for 7th slot, and it is confirmed that Somtaaw and Beast will be in the game too, so 8th and 9th slot I don't see why the Kushan as 10th slot can't be added. All races from all hw games complete in 1 mod, can't be more perfect

Preator Phenix
    I don't know it this has been said or not but the supernova aint its name the needle ship?, then again i'm not entirely sure :S

There are 3 Needleships in the mod. The three are there as a sort of reference to the three you meet in the Cathedral of Kadesh. They are given these cryptic, glactic-inspired names mainly for show, but the names could have some sort of significance.

Ariathan
    Who said the Kadeshi were destroyed? This has been the raging question since their introduction. Answer: There is none. There is no proof they were destroyed, nor there is proof to support that they still exist. Considering the controversy over this, simply walsing in here and saying "no dey kent be in here cuz kushan kickt da butts in hw1 kekekeke" won't do this much good.

Anyone saying the Taiidan were absorbed into the Vaygr ranks should REALLY consider leaving this discussion.

It doesn't matter weither you get 5 v 2 "dorks", erik, or 50 to 2, the creators said several times that the Kushan will not be included because the Hiigarans simply are included, reducing this to a very pointless debate. Oh yes I like the Kushan, I still play HW1, but if the creators said no then stop whining, you should be grateful that they put their hard work into this as it is, last they need is a mini-community poking them to add the bloody Kushan, even after repeatidly saying that it's not going to happen.

You don't understand you can't have more than 7 (or 8) races, the game just won't read the races you enter beyond the number 8 slot, so number 9 and 10 sloths do not exist. The only thing that can be done is to add the Somtaaw to the Hiigaran shiplist and ad the beast instead of random and hope for the best.

Canonicaly there's no indication that the Taidani where absorbed by the Vaygr. There is also no point in adding the Kushans as they are Hiigarans and they where no survivors to the burning of Kharak exept the mothership.

Preator Phenix
    Ever watch the opening intro "The taidani have risen under and new leader, a vaygr warrior-lord, named makaan"

>.>

Dregnought
    *watches intro*

Well. Confirmed... I guess that's one way to settle a debate :P

Ariathan
    There is a difference between the Republican Taiidan and the Taiidan Imperial Remnant.

http://home.comcast.net/~norsehound/GiantHWMapDemo7.jpg
    This is the map made by Norsehound. As you can see the Republican Taiidan were absorbed into the Vaygr crusade, but there still is a slab of space that remains under Taiidan control. The map dates right after HW2 ended. According to Fandom, the Taiidan Empire will reclaim the republic as the Vaygr scurry off back home, as well as several key position within the Frerrn Aggregate and the Hiigaran empire, placing both the Hiigarans and the Taiidan in a similair position they both had before the original Hiigarans were exiled, only this time sympathy is on the Hiigaran side.

This is all basic reading, I know it may seem very geeky, but if you even show a little interest in the Homeworld universe, you'd know this. Oh and the intro to HW2 doesn't make much sense at all, as it doesn't even directly mentions the Taiidan empire, only the exiles and their bloody route home. Using that for reference about the fate of the Taiidan empire would be like using "Daffy's bedtime stories, stories for the kids!" to study the horrors of WW2, as a figure of speech.

Why not use the Bentusi symbol from the map for this mod then?

Hehehehe I haven't played the campaign in a while, I forgot all about that, however that are the Imperial Taiidani, The republic was still there before the invasion.

Finally got Cataclysm to work again and I have a small request: BRING BACK THE ENERGY CANNONS. I just love those things

Ariathan
    Total: The Bentusi symbol in FX is, as is the Kadeshi symbol, incorrect. They don't have a real banner to speak of.

Komo'val: The Republic was the result of Captain Elsons dissident movement. When the Vaygr attacked it was quickly overran with help from the Taiidan imperials. This could mean the reference in the HW2 intro, however it's also possible that the republican forces voluntary joined or were drafted by the Vaygr into service against the Hiigarans, but this is not actually written anywhere. It is safe to say that the Taiidan imperials and the Vaygr were allies against the Hiigarans.

...bring back energy cannons

Userbar

Well I'm dropping by to tell you guys I've requested an userbar for all FX players which is done now. So, everyone who plays FX and wants to wear this userbar: you're free to do so ^^ Go to 'edit signature' and add this line:

Code:
    {URL=http://hwfx.invisionplus.net}{IMG}http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5176/p11876495zd4.jpg{/IMG}{/URL}
    Just replace the { with [ and } with ] tags respectively.

Regards,
    Captain Eirikr

Ariathan

Drako
    Hey, I've been looking over this mod, and went through this entire thread watching all the progress. I can't help but say im impressed. It looks like this project was below our radar for awhile. Im happy you brought it to our attention awhile back.

Also I plan to finally dl and try this thing out this weekend. Great work guys, i mean wow.

ZOMG YES!!! Cannont wait untill later this year when this finally comes out, Keep up the great work.

Hey guys, can I make a deal with you??

Here is my Taiidan advance inteceptor:
    -screenshot-
    http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=2j17xhz
    -link to file-
    http://files.filefront.com/Heavy_Int.../fileinfo.html

It's in .OBJ file, already textured (however texture is in photoshop format, but it's already has stripes and place for badge on differend layers, so you would only need to code it a bit).

Here is a deal:
    I would like to donate it (and donate some more taiidan ships in future - like heavy bomber) - donate means you will be free to modify and do whatever you want including donating to other mods.

What I would like in exchange? Just sending back fully hoded and coded copy of files of my ship to me and right to donate this files to other mods.

Are you interested?

Ariathan
    YES.... YES.... You're the man now dog!

That looks brilliant! Can't wait for the release! Keep it up!

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information