Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

FX-Commander MOD 1.85--New Hope(released) by 9CCN

Awesome to see the Taii get their colours back in 1.8 Can't wait for the release ^^
    WildHeart|Genesis|
    :::{Homeworld 2: FX. Building a new Hw2 since '08.}:::{@ ModDB}:::{@ RelicNews}

u think the ghost ship would be good as a carrier for a race?

just an idea :-)

The Ghost ship is an ancient derilict from over a million years ago located in the sea of lost souls--without engines. Besides the design wouldn't fit in in the FX mod i'd say it's no good idea overally

Ariathan
    Well maybe add it for scenery, like say Kharam's wreck? Don't give it actual powers though, all we'd get is NERFNERFBANBAN :P I like the idea of getting more HW1 scenery in

ah ok just an idea though i just like the look of it :P

this is for the homeworld know it alls

wat is the eye of arran??

Ariathan
    The centre of the ancient hyperspace gate network. It was unlocked by the Hiigarans at the end of HW2. It enables Hyperspace insta-travel accros the galaxy. The network is highlighted on Norsehounds map I linked earlier.

yea i looked at that map looks really cool i didnt no of that much races.

:-)

Dregnought
    Kinda off-topic, but could you find a higher-resolution map??
    The screenies, I really like them. Reminds me of the old days.... I'm looking forward to this

mr. Who - If anything I would call that ship a heavy scout, it's basically a scout with what looks like some sort of plasma bomb attachment.
    My blog
    "Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." ~Alfred Pennyworth

To me ,it's a secondary matter what you would call it. What is important to me is that if could someone HOD it.

Actually those are missile pods, but mr. who is right you can call it what you like the important thing is to get it hoded, would be a shame to let this ship go to waste.

can some1 tell me wat lastest fx mod is so far?

ah ok just askin

hey w8 a minute

if the ghost ship is a derilict. doesnt that mean there's another race in homeworld?

No hazzer9, it doesn't. The ghost ship is just like the Naggarok and the Progenitors, ancient races from other galaxies that stoped here for whatever reason. It's just a really old ship from a completely unknown race (even the Bentusi knew next to nothing about the ship because they couldn't get close enough).

RaidCarrierMan
    Wow. Just wow. This mod is amazing in its sheer amount of content, which is very high quality, I must say. And some of the WIP models I've seen in this thread (particularly the Turanic capital ships) have me anticipating another release.

I only have one problem with the current release - the Turanic Raiders actually used their Standard Corvette (in this mod, Heavy Corvette) to salvage. The mod appeared to use a Kadeshi model for the Turanic Salvage Corvette. Perhaps it is just placeholder?

Anyway, I hope this mod's production presses on, it's so good so far and I can't wait to try another release.

Ariathan
    As said earlier, some megalith maps would be awesome in the long run.

just wondering if u guys are gonna add the Heavy BC to the verison so u can use it agaisnt the CPu and online.ANd the ELite mover.

Anything new on 1.73? Or will that project be cancelled and will 1.8 be the next FX for release?

The FX forums are active now, but we're gonna need alot more members to KEEP them active T_T

i really wanna see projentors advancing better.

for instance i want 2 see them with normal weapons and stuff.
    a carrier would be good(not the hand that shapes a smaller one)

im not critising but i really wanna see them advance more

Ariathan
    The progenitors got enough to go on imho. Hand that Shapes is a fine carrier, and you always got keepers.

Why would you want to see the Progenitors advancing?!? As you may or may not recall, the Progenitors are the most advanced race known in the galaxy. How exactly do you expect them to advance (in the first place) and keep the mod balanced?!?

Also, if the Progenitors were using normal weapons, they would be regressing technologically by about a million years or so.

by keeping the mod balanced by changing some of the heavy weaponry they have less powerful. therefore they use normal weapons but i dont wanna fight in a fourm room

Look, less advanced weapons =/= advancing.

If you want the mod more balanced then tell the modders what is unbalanced.

End of discussion.

the Proggie carrier (hand that shapes) uses mass driver point defense weapons, not very advanced for them now is it?

End of discussion.
    I'm assuming it is just a small error on the coder's part, right?

I think what he means, is he wants the Progens to have smaller vessels.

I mean, the hand that shapes while it is a carrier, it is bigger then the other races shipyards, and balcora gate?

Well, you know how big that is.

Anyways, thats hw I interpreted it.

The Progenitors are by default, more advanced than all other cultures (except T-mat and Bentusi). Herein lies the question - Why should a race that has been around for god knows how long have to redo their technological advancement?

Okay look, I am sick and tired of everyone comparing the Bentusi to the Progenitors. There is absolutely no data to support the Bentusi being technologically equal nor more advanced than the Progenitors.

The only instances of the Bentusi understanding the Progenitors is the fact that they knew their ship names and that they knew how to fix the Phased Cannon Array on the Dreadnought. The First Core knowledge is impossible to know, however the Bentusi could have gained their current knowledge of the Progenitors from the Core, but there is no way to prove that.

Additionally, we know absolutely nothing about the T-Mat, except for that the Phased Cannon Array is the only thing known to penetrate their armour. The only thing this give us is the assumption that the Progenitors and the T-Mat are connected in some way.

Also, canonically the Progenitors are not known to exist in this galaxy. Arguing abut their technological level doesn't make sense, because the Progenitors are assumed gone. The mod simply brings them back for a gameplay addition, and shouldn't be nit-picked at for thier ship designs/technology.

:Jawdrop: wow. Thats just amazing. I love it!

im not a homeworld know it all so i wanna ask one question:

who are the t-mat?

That is best left to another thread.

I'll quote this from the relic shipyards about the T-Mat:

Before the release of Homeworld, director Alex Garden had this to say about the third NPC "pirate" (or P3) race:

"P3, no one knows nothing about … they’re this extremely mysterious extremely powerful race that you’re almost unable to defeat and they’re completely evil. They’re like the great evil of the universe; they have no motivation that you can discern, they just come in and basically kick your ass, and do whatever the hell they want to and then they leave. And you’re left baffled and not understanding why this is happening. But you hate them, you hate them… You really hate them and there’s nothing you can do because they’re so much more powerful that you. But at some point in the game you might have a chance to get your revenge, if you’re lucky."

As for the mod...hmm....not have anything to say about this now, really xD

oh sorry for the off-topic stuff

erm i think i ahve an awnser to the beast infection beam if ur still doing their race.

when u attack a dust cloud with an ion cannon u get electricity shooting through it. rom 1 small point to another small point.

if u can edit it u could recreate it to be an infection beam.

just an idea

ps: sorry for double post

how about u guys stop complaining and make yourselves usefull for 9CCN and his group eh. Get online and help us"the players that play it online" to spread it around. Just add FX tags to let us know u are using it okay. That will help spark more interest in 9CCN's efforts for this mod. FX ERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will do, as planned. Just gotta get my new comp first (spreading the word in like a month).

Ariathan
    I can't, going to France for two weeks today, after that I'll try to be on a little more. I seem to have missed out on a very juicy discussion, which after reading I completely have to agree with Total, charming as he may put it. :P

Hazzar9, as you know this forum has been about for a long time. The nifty search option in your accounts userbar will undoubtably filter out a lot of the flaming you'd get here for asking stuff most of us have known since we started playing HW1/2. I suggest you make use of your newly granted powers and start gathering the knowledge you require.

i dunno how i can go online anyways it wont let me. i downloaded gamespy arcade and make an account but it still wont let me on

sorry for off-topic

Dregnought
    If you can't login, then it's either a bad nick name or bad cd key.
    Please stop going off topic like this.

edit: Or something that's blocking homeworld 2.
    Last edited by Dregnought; 29th Jun 07 at 6:48 AM.

Yes, please keep the discussions on-topic. If you can't log in to Gamespy, take it up with Gamespy support.
    ~

Ariathan
    I'm just going to stop paying attention to him.

I'm a little confused, which release is coming up in fall, 1.73 or 1.8?
    Last edited by Ariathan; 29th Jun 07 at 4:03 PM.

bumping!@ Trying to get this to show back up on google.

Ariathan
    Under what O.o? If I google my nick it shows :P

46. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #446
    HWACCESS will (again) host a download from our Kentucky servers. Will be up saturday night CET. (Provided we can get a working download to upload,

Thanks for asking, Lev...

47. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #447
    http://www.homeworldtrinity.org/down...X_MOD_1.72.zip
    There you are. I made it a zip since *.exe's are sometimes considered suspicious.

Makaan
    To begin, hello all

I've been followeing this mod for quite some time now...
    And let me say i find it wonderful

Apart some minor bugs (in my opinion) such as the chatting system and team colors, thsi mod is probably the greatest i've seen...taking HW/Cata races back to HW2 is quite a big and ambitious job... But since i loved HW from the very beginnig, and HW2 because of its graphics and others, the consequence is logical

Of course i would have loved to see the Kushans in the mod
    , but since the FX Team said they won't be there i accept it (with sadness though).

Finally, my point is that i admire the job made by FX team, and that i totally suport this mod

PS: Sorry for any mistakes i could have made in my post, cause i'm french ^^

FX is the best go TAIIDAN!

Makaan
    LeviathansWrath
    "FX is the best go TAIIDAN!"
    Though i find Taiidan interesting, even in HW1 , i personally would'nt say that Levi :P (but i respect your opinion

Personally i largely prefer the kadesh ^^
    But i agree with you, FX is THE best

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information