Hi. I'm a newbie ;) Nice to meet ya. Is a patch coming?

Bunyip

Hi. I'm a newbie ;) Nice to meet ya. Is a patch coming?

Wonderful concept. The combiner is awesome, and I love creating off the wall combos... (kangawolverines for example hehe hop hop RAWWWWRRRRL!!!) The graphics are superb, gameplay is fun... but...

When is the patch?

I love the game but missing features (no formations for example... even a standard 'default formation' would be better than ALWAYS TRAVELLING SINGLE FILE...argh!!!) AI pathing bugs, inability to set rally points while researching and a bunch of other, less important bugs are driving me nuts...

The editor is great..and greatly flawed as well...easy and intuitive to use, very flexible and accomodating, height mapping is cool too...except for the fact that there is no copy/paste feature whatsoever, leading to hours of painting a large map when you could have created one base, textured it, painted it, inhabited it with decals and objects, then just copy/pasted it to suit and have a tailor made base ready to go for your next player, just change the player attributes on the buildings and henchies and texture the non base areas. If you could at least copy/paste objects, it would be a huge boon... but realistically copy/paste/rotation of terrain is needed. Another editor problem I have noticed is that when you rotate grouped objects, they don't turn around a common axis, but instead each object rotates in place... so you end up with everything in the same exact place but rotated.

Any word on when/if they're going to patch this game? I can't, in all honesty, recommend it to any of my friends at the moment .

Tamed
    As I said over at iCCB, Bunyip: Relic will address the community in one form or another - a small amount of patience is all that is needed .

GIMPbeowulf
    The just released some updated tools and new content but I don't think we've heard anything about a patch.

There is a patch coming. The patch will be released, after which the InsectInvasion will be released. Likely the new RDN release will happen then, as well as the SDK release. It's, like, a whole lot of releasing.

Bunyip
    Where can one find this updated content/tools?

6. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #6

The updated content has not been released yet (It's in beta). But the tools are available at the above address.

Hivemind
    OK. Will Homeworld 2 be released at the same time? :yippee:

Thread Information