Welcome to the Dawn of War Strategy Forum.
This is the place to discuss strategies, build orders, and tactics. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of individual units, you're in the right place. If you just want a general discussion about DoW, you should post in the Dawn of War General Discussion Forum. For discussions about the table-top game WH40k, please use the WH40k Forum.
What's all this stuff here?
This forum has four subforums:
- The Walkthrough Forum contains hints on how to beat the single player campaign. Feel free to share your strategies with us in there.
- Tactica Imperialis is a place where you can find guides, unit stats and other helpful information. This forum is read-only, if you would like to have your guide archived, send a private message to one of the moderators.
- The Battle Archives are where all replays are stored. Check out other people's strategies and discuss them, or post your own replay. Please make sure to read the naming guidelines first.
- In Dawn of War / Winter Assault Balance Issues
- In Dark Crusade Balance Issues These two places are all about balance. What is overpowered, what is underpowered, what changes are needed for units? This is the place to discuss all this and more.
1. A Moderator has final say
2. No spam.
3. Do not post without topic format
4. No Ranting or Flaming
5. Don't drag threads offtopic
6. No Modification Discussion
7. Read Rule 1 again
We are not here to babysit every thread. Failure to abide by the rules leads to the thread being locked. This also means it can only be reopened after I ok'ed it. All complaints should be run through me
The following are rules and guidelines to use this forum, by following these guidelines you ensure that your strategy forum experience can continue.
When Posting a Thread, You must include game, the patch version, the Race Icon and a meaningful title. So for example; [DC 1.51]Necron vs Tau, cant beat firewarriors . This ensures the readers know what your talking about and can quickly get into some discussion.
Now this might not be your cup of tea. You might have a kickass strategy and want to share it with people for peer review. In that case you still include game, the patch version, the Race Icon and a meaningful title. Such as ‘[DC][1.51][tau icon] Tau strategy’ But wait what do you actually put in the post?
But wait I dont have a strategy? I have a great build order, or teching style, or some capping orders for maps, is it ok to discuss that here? Yes, but as per the above two examples include a meaningful title.
Raving, Rant and Flaming
These three are a big no-no. If you want to be taken seriously, you should leave any rants, raves and flames out of your posts.
Staying on Topic
The key to a good discussion is to stay on topic, its okay to drift alittle but if a topic goes from the discussion on combating necron warrior spam, to orbital bombardment is the end all, be all, you have safely either had your posts deleted or got the thread locked. Some variation and inclusion of other things may be useful to the discussion at hand, but if a thread is about Tau vs Necrons, how the Tau combat Orks is not applicable.
There is to be no discussion of any Dawn of War Mod Strategy issues in Strategy, almost all mods have their own forums for such a reason, or you can find their thread in the Dawn of War Modifications forum. To emphasize this, there are to be no discussion of modifications within Strategy.