Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Patch Coming

Seregon
    What a suprise! Delayed! Woopie just like EA i meannn.... a..... Relic

sc123
    Demonic:
    I never said anything about "errors" holding up the release of the patch. In fact, I wasn't even talking about the release of the patch - rather the changelog. Further, you've only helped to prove my point - localization is not something that is typically mentioned in the changelogs, therefore the fact that they are having problems with it would NOT prevent them from releasing the changelog at this time.
    -SC

=EKF=xDoctorx
    stop the whining and be patient...
    Its quiet some work to be done!

What a suprise! Delayed! Woopie just like EA i meannn.... a..... Relic
    Yes. Fucking developers. I agree wholeheartedly; it's not like new bugs appear.

Q&A exists for a reason. Back in beta, a patch came out that eliminated all unit sounds in the game until the hotfix for it. THAT is why they have Q&A, and this is why they delay patches.

they can't sit there, take a look over the code, and say "hmm..it will take 4 days to fix this problem, about 9 to fix this one, another 6 to find all the other bugs left and fix them. Alright, we will have a patch in 19 days!"
    I never said anything about "errors" holding up the release of the patch. In fact, I wasn't even talking about the release of the patch - rather the changelog. Further, you've only helped to prove my point - localization is not something that is typically mentioned in the changelogs, therefore the fact that they are having problems with it would NOT prevent them from releasing the changelog at this time.
    -SC
    I did not prove your point. I never said they COULDN'T release the changelogs. I said they CHOSE not to for a very valid reason.

Somehow, I get the feeling that this whole patch ordeal is a "Chicken or Egg?" deal when it comes to information about it and player response.

Let's all sit down and have a nice cup of...

Err nevermind, but seriously, it's not the end of the world.

Be glad they're at least taking time to deal with every issue that arises because if they'd throw a half assed patch on the internet YOU'd all STILL be moaning about it.

lostmongoose

Just a thought

How about everyone who's complaining about Relic and the bugs in CoH go read this and then come back. If you can still complain with a straight face, you should probably take your life's savings and put yourself in cold storage until such a time as software is written by robots. :stfu: Seriously.

TehJuice
    This is the 1st game that is awesome enough where I am actually excited about the tools and mod stuff!!

LeeMarvin
    Can Relic at least release the SLI peformance improvement so I can play smoothly with SLI for once?

Only have to wait a few days, mate.

Looking forward to it, have some good ideas for a map!

Plan6
    If the patch was let out early, with bugs:
    "Damn you Relic, how hard is it to find bugs!!!!!!! You just like EA!!!!!"

If the patch is held back to find bugs:
    "Damn you Relic, how you not test this game on every possible system in the world? Why is it not perfect before release? And where are my mod tools, I knew they weren't in the game, but why arnt you making them right now!!!! And make an expansion too!!!! And get rid of those bugs and balance the game!!!! I want that all in the patch tommorow or Ill tell my friend not to buy your game! Then you'll be out $50 whole dollars."

Relic is not EA. EA wouldnt even post, they would just say a patch is comming and then make a new game.

When the patch gets here, it gets here. Once its released, there will be just as many post crying or cheering about the changes, but they wont all be in the same thread.

Frink
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan6
    If the patch was let out early, with bugs:
    "Damn you Relic, how hard is it to find bugs!!!!!!! You just like EA!!!!!"

If the patch is held back to find bugs:
    "Damn you Relic, how you not test this game on every possible system in the world? Why is it not perfect before release? And where are my mod tools, I knew they weren't in the game, but why arnt you making them right now!!!! And make an expansion too!!!! And get rid of those bugs and balance the game!!!! I want that all in the patch tommorow or Ill tell my friend not to buy your game! Then you'll be out $50 whole dollars."

Relic is not EA. EA wouldnt even post, they would just say a patch is comming and then make a new game.

When the patch gets here, it gets here. Once its released, there will be just as many post crying or cheering about the changes, but they wont all be in the same thread.
    That is so sad Plan6 at what you said, because it is SO true.

vassal
    How many days will be the patch release be in delay???:tread:

Camphlobactor
    The patch is not delayed, we still have 9 days before anybody should be complaining.

Chronologically challenged Timeless's Avatar
    The patch seems like it will only really add the mod tools, maybe a few tiny tweaks here and there otherwise. But then again, I have no idea what the patch will offer. Will it offer obs mode? Better replay functions? I already know it won't include any major balance or unit tweaks, based on comments made by Relic. I really don't think new maps are coming. The connectivity issues some are facing "Can't connect to all players" is something server side, I think, but am not sure.

So, in the end, if you're not waiting on the mod tools, I think most are getting impatient about almost nothing. Other than the mod tools, what is it exactly that you guys think this patch will have for you?

Hrm, maybe I'm wrong and we'll see a few new maps or improved replay functions, but I'm not holding my breath. That way, I'm not disappointed (that much) if I'm right and pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.

Garzuuhl
    The patch is not delayed, we still have 9 days before anybody should be complaining.
    Wait .... 10.10.2006 + 3 weeks (21 days) = 31.10.2006

Tai Kwan Dodo
    Oh to be young again.

A time when I didnt have to worry about running my business. Whether my kids were getting a good education. Paying the bills, servicing the car, worrying about global warming and the war in Iraq.

Then I too could act as if small software update, to something which is after all ONLY A GAME, was the most important thing happening, in the world, ever.

Just wait, it will happen to you all too, you will get old, and you WILL discover priorities. Until then you can all continue arguing, I am off to do something that is ACTUALLY IMPORTANT.

Gothia
    am I allowed to say Im disapointed with this game

without gettin banned

Ofcourse you can be dissapointed although the truth is you can't really blame Relic for all the crap most people are throwing at them.

They're doing all they can, the patch WILL COME, all everyone has to do is WAIT, not BURN their CD's & Slit their wrists in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothia
    am I allowed to say Im disapointed with this game

without gettin banned
    Yep, don't go "ZOMFG! U FU**ING F**K Rlic!" and "IM WAREZING YOU BITCH!". Those are pretty much what people here have to not do to be disappointed in relic without getting baned (i.e. be nice and polite, but not become a Relic fanboI). I haven't seen one person who was banned who didn't post like my "not-to-do" examples (though a number of other threads about have been locked due to duplication of old topics ).

FsG4hjF
    ppl need to be patient, there working on it.

Man, people are going to be so dissapointed when this patch comes out, i can guarentee you

SPAWN OF SATAN
    Mostly on break
    Locking, before some of you lot piss Buggo and Tranj off with the moaning and they go back to Relic's former position of "no info! no info for you!".

24. General Discussions Senior Member  #574
    terrible, terrible damage Starfisher's Avatar
    Just for background, a lot of us have been around since when getting information from relic was a once in a lifetime experience. Over time this community has shown to Relic that it is both beneficial for them to release information to us, and that the community will both appreciate and use the information wisely. Well, maybe we've dropped the ball on that last bit a few times, but yeah. I mean, we actually scared off the Sierra PR guy back a few years ago.

Now we have a community manager and far more contact than we've had in the past. We'd like to keep it that way by showing Relic that there is some interaction they can have with the forums without getting stabbed in the eye. Buggo's nice, so let's not ruin a good thing by forcing her to handle bullcrap after every release of information, eh?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread Information