This is a rally thread to make his damn game better. (This topic isn't like the suggestion box for improving the game. It's to improve the MANAGEMENT of the game to those that are in power.)
We all know that the release was rushed, corners were cut, options not making sense, option not even being there, balance issues, bugs, etc. (We are NOT going to go into detals of these.) All this stacking into the fact what will make relic/THQ money.
I would like the community to list everything that relic/thq could profit from for improving DoW. A reason why they should invest more money into us.
I would like to start the list:
1) It's quite possible that they might be trying to pump as much money out of us as possible so that all the time saved on DoW will be spent on DoW2. But that's a MAYBE.
2) DO NOT RUSH the game by putting too much pressure on the developers to a deadline. This will make them cause mistakes in programs making it buggy. This will discurage customers from buying it initially because you can end up in a bad trend.
3) Reviews should be far better than they are currently. Currently, they are ignored becuase they are used as a promotional device. Because of this, people are reluctant to buy it simply because of the reliabilty of the review.
4) The 40k universe has a MASSIVE fan base and from looking at your sales, I'm not sure that you have even gotten half. You need to make the game attractive to all age ranges, pro and amaters alike. Graphics is all and well but with the trend of short term game play, that wow facter is lost with a series of expansions.
5) I understand time is money, so turn that time into a hype. Say that the game will have more. Make people talk about. Not just to the 40k fan base, but to the public that are not formilier with 40k. This will make you have a larger number of sales due to a larger customer base because of the hype. This means the later the game gets released, the better those sales will get, to a point of course.
6) To game designers: This GW guy that validates your work to make it fluffy in his eyes. Spend more time thinking about what you are doing before you start throwing ideas at him. Otherwise you are waisting his time and relics/thq's money. Alternatively, get that guy more involved in your work instead of him sitting inj his mantion playing with army men. ()
7) Why is it so nesisary to be so secretive with what is gona be involved in DoW? Staying silent = small public hype or even distrust because you might be hiding things. The more information available, the bigger the hype.