Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

A quick guide to restoring Gabriel Angelos to Skirmish (voice, model..) [updated]

-thanks for the quick response.

Yeah, kinda feared that. Well, at least the soundfile works. Thats 90% of the 100% kick ass.

sorry for the doublepost : / a tad too slow

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I've been having a problem. I've been trying to replace some of the characters from Soulstorm, and for the most part it has worked without any problems, but I can't get Lucas Alexander to replace Stubbs. I can get Sturn to replace Stubbs, but whenever I try to get Alexander in there instead, the command squad reverts to Stubbs.

That's probably because the model for Stubbs isn't actually significantly different from the model for Alexander, and only uses a different texture, ig_imperial_captain_tgd_conservator.rtx rather than ig_imperial_captain_tgd_liberators.rtx. Which rtx is used in the campaign is scripted. If you only changed the wtp, that has no effect at all on the campaign.

If you want more particular help, then you need to describe exactly what you tried and exactly how it differed from what you wanted (it is helpful but not entirely necessary to detail what, if anything, changed according to your expectations).

So it's a texture and not a model? That actually helps a lot! So all I would have to do is follow the same process as with the model, but instead it would be for the skin.

Edit: Okay, it works. All I had to do was extract the skin(s) from DXP2Data-SharedTextures-Full.sga and put them in \DXP2\Data\art\ebps\races\imperial_guard\texture_share

Thanks for your help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information