Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

A quick guide to restoring Gabriel Angelos to Skirmish (voice, model..) [updated]

Lacrymosa
    I adore Eliphas' voice. But I'm bringing back Sindri!

Cirrom_Rashad
    Im just gonna put this out there i have no clue what im doing wrong but i follow the instructions on the first page to the t and ive been wading through the little tips and addons that everyone has but i still cant get my DC to change at all. Ive done the sound and i would figure that would aat least work but its not any different. and i realize that its hard to give advice if we have no clue what the problem is but could maybe someone tell me why the models wont change? its confusing

Cirrom_Rashad

hmm

I think i got it i re did it all and it seems to have worked this time.

though the ig captain still sounds young, he seems to switch back and forth. the "scars" quote is definetly the old one but the selection audio seems to be the new one. i dunno maybe i just never heard him when i selected and only when he attacked

is there a way to change the picture that appears in the ui? and i dont mean the build order one that one is fine i mean the buttons that appear on the left for your heros and the portrait area. i pretty sure i know now how to get the files inteh right places but i dont know where to look in the archives for those portrait files any hints?
    Last edited by Cirrom_Rashad; 21st Feb 07 at 5:13 AM. Reason: additional info

Mafalin
    Is there a list of voices changed in the different expansions? The ones I'm aware of are:

FC
    Warboss
    Sorcerer
    Chaos Lord
    Nobz
    IG General
    Farseer (twice?)

Did I miss any?

BlueSoul

DeSync

I did everything out lined here in the yonder tutorial. The modifications seemed to work just fine. Short skirmish game or two, etc. I got on the network with a friend of mine who didn't have it modified, and after maybe an hour of gametime, it crashed. The first time it was just DoW exploding on me, period.

The second time, my friend got desynced, and after I finished the game, the game exploded on the score screen. I know h-8 said it's 100% online compatible, so did I do something wrong?

I can't imagine so. The reason why it's 100% online compatible is because it's a client-side change only; If there is anything missing, it then defaults back to the DC compressed ones. I've been using gabriel since DC came out (amongst all my other commanders) and i've had no issues with it.

When someone falls out of sync, it isn't limited to mods. This can happen to people who's computers lag/are simply slow, they have their graphics settings too high for their machine, their internet itself is terribly slow. This tends to show up most of the time as the "lag window" because that's actually them falling out of sync and the rest of us have to wait for them to catch up. If you keep getting sync error's right away, then perhaps there is some files misplaced/messed up. Don't worry! If you feel you did it wrong, you can just delete anything you installed (all of those extracted subfolders in the w40k folder can be deleted safely. They basically represent the file structued in the compressed filepacks). Best thing to do is to just wipe it out, play with your buddy online and see if the sync error still exists. If it does not, then you know where the problem was (you did something wrong). Try extracting your files again and see if now you can still use gabriel and play online without sync errors.

If all else fails, there is an alternative. I have a zipped extractor of all of the old commanders/voices or just standalone voices (like ork nobz or sindri). Like I said i'd been using it in this arrangement for awhile now and i've had no problems at all. I would gladly share these but I received considerable flak some time ago for it. However, being as you already have the files extracted (but possibly done incorrectly) there is no way this breaks the EULA giving the gabriel one to you (it's only breaking it when you give it to someone who does not have the original game. Argument could be that this then enables you to share it with others, but you could do that already since you've extracted them yourself. I basically am just making it much easier for you). I would only be able to send them over IM, so if you would like to give me private message i'll do it case-by-case basis. You would have to prove to me that you have the original DOW and Winter assault by posting menu-screen shots of your forum profile name with them. Here's an example:

This isn't really less convenient than just extracting your own files, it's simply a last resort. All I ask that you try to correct what you did first as I stated above. I would gladly share them with everyone, on dowfiles.com for example, but as far as I know i'm not allowed.
    Last edited by Knight_Kin; 18th May 07 at 12:24 PM.

Sindri was cool. He was replaced by a creep!
    "Repent! For tomorrow you die!"

AverageBoss

AverageBoss

Thank you Hanger 8. In about two hours I got Gabe, Sturnn, and Sindri back.

I only have one problem. Sturnn's voice gets overridden by his bodygaurds. What did I do wrong and how do I fix this?

Also can I delete all the files in the extracted sound folder that are not Gabe, ect.?

I only have one problem. Sturnn's voice gets overridden by his bodygaurds. What did I do wrong and how do I fix this?
    It's the way the game works I'm afraid. Someone posted a fix for this but as it edits RGD files, it has to be run as a mod (or it'll break your ability to play online).

Also can I delete all the files in the extracted sound folder that are not Gabe, ect.?
    It's been a while since I did this, I remember I had a few sound errors when certain files were omitted. Best thing to do is delete them and play a game. If you get beeps it means the game things some of the sound files are missing, you'll need to restore some if not all the deleted files.

WH40 Banners & Badges forums
    It's a f@cking TURRET!
    ..beans, roquefort cheese and broccoli

Can someone please post a guide to putting Sturnn in the game? I tried following it going off the Gabirel guide but I'm not figuring it out right, thank you.

how do i "uninstall" all this?

id like to play with Thule for a bit.

EDIT: nvm, saw it on the second page.

Hrmmm...
    Formerly known as Ragnarok2504

HERO
    Has anyone figured out how to fix the CL's Sycthe animation?

HERO
    ^ it's a modding question as well.. since there's plenty of other irrelgularities

ApocalypseXL
    It took some time but i got Brother Gabriel Angelos back .

Now time for some "Fear my wrath"

15. Child's Play Donor  #115
    You need to look in the SGA, not in the normal directory. Alternatively, extract the whole SGA, look for the files and then delete the unneeded ones when finished.
    (Retired)
    Tool - Relic Audio Converter (for DoW1)
    Tool - Dawn of War 2 Mod Launcher

16. Child's Play Donor  #116
    Are you looking in the Dawn of War folder, not the Dark Crusade folder? You need to have the first game installed in order to be able to do this.

17. Child's Play Donor  #117
    There shouldn't be a DXP2 folder in your Dawn of War installation. The path you need is by default C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War\W40k\

18. Child's Play Donor  #118
    Sounds like you've installed all three games to the same location. Because you installed Dark Crusade last, you've overwritten the SGA that comes with Dawn of War with one that doesn't contain the model. The only way to get it is to reinstall, making sure DoW/WA and DC are installed into two different paths.

You have to access engine Dawn of War - Dark Crusade/Engine/Engine.sga using modextractor.

From there you need to access folder art/ui/3d_models

get force_commander_frontend.whe and force_commander_frontend.whm
    Are you -sure- you mean Dark Crusade's engine? <.<

I can't find the texture files where you said they should be...

Vrael777
    Hello guys,

I was doing everything that was stated in hangar's guide to restore Angelos to DC, however, everything was fine(the model, etc.) except the commander's voice. I was doing this many times, and still, that idiot's voice remained. I decided to paste the DoW original sound file over that one from DC. Everything was fine then, but when I was playing against Chaos, I saw a little pink cube with a caption : "Bad model. Check the log" instead of the mighty Daemon Prince. Is this somehow connected to what I've done to these files? I checked the other saves and the situation repeated. The voice of the daemon remained, but the cube appeared again. Could someone explain me what actually happened? I would be very grateful.

Oh - and can Gabriel be imported to Soulstorm?
    Last edited by Vrael777; 3rd Apr 08 at 1:53 PM.

ApocalypseXL
    1. Folow the instruction EXACTLY .

2. Make shure that you sound settings are at MEDIUM .

3. Yes it Soulstorm Compatibile .

May THe Emperor Guide you .

Not only did i manage to get gabriel back into the game with his icon, model, and voice....but i figured out how to get the models into the main menu . You have to access engine Dawn of War - Dark Crusade/Engine/Engine.sga using modextractor.

From there you need to access folder art/ui/3d_models

get force_commander_frontend.whe and force_commander_frontend.whm

Put these 2 files into Dawn of War - Dark Crusade/Engine/Data/art/ui/3d_models/

Next thing you need to do is extract the textures (or he'll be a pink blob)
    Unless I'm mistaken, you want Dawn of War/Engine/Engine.sga/
    Embrace-- your mortality.. and accept-- the inevitable.

The Last Stand Hive Tyrant guide

Vrael777
    I have one more question - can I restore the commander's(in this case Gabriel) power sword after researching the Power Weapons? I'm asking because I just hate the deamonhammer. If it's possible, will the sword have the stats of the hammer or its stats will remain, and will it be multiplayer compatible?

24. General Discussions Senior Member Modding Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #124
    You'll have to edit the WHE file in the Object Editor to do that AND retain multiplayer compatibility.

Oh and Vrael - if you normally have your sound set to to High, but have set it to Medium to get this to work then you can use it in high by renaming the 'Med' folder to 'Full' (though I swear I had as 'High' before I reinstalled windows.)
    "Life is not full of successes, it is full of failures from which we learn" - Tony Benn
    Octopus Blog (14.02.10)DOW2 GridKeys
    DOW1 Modding Tutorial ListDOW2 Tactical Primer

Vrael777
    But it says that it can't read WHE files... :-(

I will check for sound later, now I'm singing songs of lament ;-D The OE wants .EBP files.... Sorry for being a total noob but I have no experience in such cases... And I carry a deep hatred for the daemonhammer...
    Last edited by Vrael777; 7th Apr 08 at 1:33 PM.

26. General Discussions Senior Member Modding Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #126
    Yeah, you have to convert the WHE into an EBP using 3Ds max. Then you have to figure WTF is going inside the OE! (I have no idea)

Hey guys, thanks for the guide. Im happy to have angelos back.

But where could i find Sindri's voice? I though he was new for WA, and i've looked in the WXP voice files for Dawn of war and could not find anything for chaos sorceress. Was he in the original game aswell? (I didn't play DoW until WA)

And another question, nobz didnt get their first new voices until DC right? Im just a bit confused. Dont recognize the voices anymore when i extracted them from the original DoW.

RE:Edit
    Finnally after a very long time I have mangaed to extract the hero's with their voices, however I think that the only voice that annoys me its the one of the eldar farseer Macha.

Tough she sounds cool, that eldar sound gives me a hedache.

*sends beer to hangar-8 and to Hoju*

I have only Soulstorm i opened Dawn of War - Soulstorm\W40k\W40kData-Whm-High.sga but it didnt contains force_commander.whe and force_commander.whm.
    -=SoulStorm=-

You need to have the original Dawn of War installed.
    -It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end (Douglas Adams)-
    -Make something idiot proof and nature will create a better idiot.-
    -Me fail English? That's unpossible!-

oh thank you !I dont have DOW.

I'm long thankful for this thread, however what I'm trying to do now is a little more sophisticated. I love the DoWPro mods for what they did for some of its units, so much so that I decided that I wanted to use their spin of the Force Commander and Librarian into my main game.

After some messing around, I was able to insert their Force Commander in with little fuss, however, the DoWPro Librarian is a complete enigma to me. Clearly has something to do with their librarian model having a helmet. As such, experiments in copying, pasting, and renaming their wtp, whe, and whm files yield no effect, result in a pink box/bad model error, or they have weird, erroneous ones (armor changes fine, but the head region fails to be replaced properly, leaving a blackout or wrongly placed texture of a face).

Can anyone out there give me an assist? Clearly it can be done, as I noted that the FoK mod uses the same librarian model, but how to I import that into the core game?
    I really want that pimp librarian in my multiplayer games!

Thanks!

~TheHolyDarkness Out~

Hangar-8, can the procedure analogous to that you have described above be used to import Chaos Lord skin from Dark Crusade to original Dawn of War?

Yes, it's possible to do by swapping the locations of the files and folders.

You can't distribute it to other people though.

Thank you, Сorncobman! I shall try!

I have noticed that Chaos Aspiring Champion model in original Dawn of War campaign differs from it's skirmish version and do not have that strange graphic bug with chain on chest that allows to see right through the model.
    Does someone know, where "campaign" models are located?
    Last edited by NDC; 14th Jan 10 at 2:42 PM.

I'm guessing that the campaign version uses the same model, but a different texture. I believe campaign models use .rtx files instead of the usual .rsh/.wtp files so that they ignore the team colours in the army painter.

Thank you for the information!
    Corncobman, I am awfully sorry for my slow-wittedness and inexperience, but could tell me about "swapping" in details or could you give me some links about this question, please?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by NDC; 14th Jan 10 at 3:32 PM.

I'm not sure since .rtx files aren't used outside of the campaign.

You can try extracting the textures out of the .rtx files using IBBoard's texture tool which you can get here http://skins.hiveworldterra.co.uk/Do...ml?version=1.9. You could use the textures and make a new skin for the unit.

However I think that .rtx files already have colours applied to the textures whereas the .rsh/wtp files usually are grey so that team colouring works.

Oh, that is great and very useful! Thank you very much!

I have copied all .rsh, .rtx files of Chaos Lord and so on, but he does not want to take accursed crozius and still carries his manreaper.
    As I understand, it means that I forgot to copy some files. But what are they?
    I mean, where they could be located?
    Last edited by NDC; 15th Jan 10 at 1:28 PM.

Something doesn't feel right...I KNOW- *BOOM*
    I can just bring back the Sindri Sounds back to Soulstorm with this.

IN SOVIET RUSSIA HOTDOGS EAT YOU!

how do you open the SGA files, any software in particular

how do you open the SGA files, any software in particular
    Use Corsix's Mod Studio

Okay i've open it, but wha-oh, no force commander, i've checked every one, but no force commander.

Are you looking for the entity blueprint (Data\attrib\ebps\races\space_marines\troops\force_commander.rgd), the squad blueprint (Data\attrib\sbps\races\space_marines\space_marine_squad_force_commander.rgd), or the model (Data\art\ebps\races\space_marines\troops\force_commander.whm)?

all of them, i only get the squad blueprint

What mod are you editing? Or are you opening individual SGA's to hunt around for it? There's not much point in doing that, you should create a new mod that requires the base mods you want to modify and Corsix's will automatically open all the necessary SGA's. And you'll save yourself a lot of hassle.

Okay, i'll try it, thanx
    The C'tan of Modding is HERE!!! Own:3ds Max 10, Milkshape, Mudflap, DOWDC mod tools v1.2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information