Have you ever felt your life has no meaning?
Have you ever felt that everything you do has no point?
Have you ever looked into the history books and thought "You know, if I could get myself blown up on the battlefield for some abstract cause, then I'd have really achieved something?"
Well now you can! Ladies and gentleman, Incarnate and I are proud to announce Dulce Et Decorum Est for both Winter Assault and Dark Crusade, a scripted Trench Warfare map, designed especially for all you budding imperial conscripts to sign up for, proceed to leap 200 feet into the air upon, and then scatter your body parts across a wide area over.
1) Reinforcements that are spawned onto the map for you to command
2) All non Imperial HQs are destroyed... You'll fight for the Imperium and like it, soldier!
3) All builders units of all races are also destroyed. We aren't here to build a home for Timmy the Turtle, son!
4) The first person to reach the neutral generator gains its ownership, until these in turn are destroyed.
5) Gradual bonus teching of your units in the game. This is your rifle: There will be many like it, but this one is yours.
6) Self targetting and firing, extra long range basiliks. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean they aren't trying to hit it.
7) Critical locations give extended vision to thier owner.
8.) Mystery easter egg of mysteriousness.
9.) Exceptionally detailed and sombre ReadMe... but what are you doing sitting there reading? I told you to go Over The Top, maggot! Hup, hup, hup!
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so let the pictures begin!
Unique loading screens for the Winter Assault and Dark Crusade versions:
Barbed wire, torrential rain, death and carnage amongst the mud, and the merciless thud - thud - thud of incoming artillery shells; It's like Glastonbury without the food poisoning and petty crime; It's the hell of No Mans Land...
And surrounding it on either side, opposing yard after yard of barricades, pill boxes, and the infamous Trenches themselves;
And after slogging through the sludge, the cities you are trying to defend: Your own private Stalingrad, complete with artillery, smashed buildings, ruined parks, and the concrete blessed roads by which your reinforcements will arrive.
And finally of course, the mysterious Easter Egg: Is it under under those multiple pink question marks maybe...?
You have no chance to find make your time! But if you do, sssshhh... the walls have ears! You never know who might be listening.
Yes folk, Dulce Et Decorum Est, a 6 player map with a cast of thousands... and thousands who end up in casts! Download your copy today!
And this time, perfectly safely! Not the slightest danger involved in downloading at all! What are you afraid of, do we have to give you a white feather?
You want one of those? Of course, you dont! March right up to your Recruiting Officers at the following locations, thrust out your chest like a real man and say "Give me some of that Dulce Et Decorum Est, Sir Yes Sir!"
Sergeant Moe And The Permanent Host-troopers Of Doom: