Dawn of War Voice Actors

Arc_Salvo

Dawn of War Voice Actors

Hey guys, I've searched both Wikipedia and IMDB for information on which voice actors in the DOW games did what units/characters, but for the life of me I can't find more than a little bit of off-hand information on wikipedia, and only on the pages of specific voice actors.

Did Relic or anyone else ever give out a list of who did what?

Anyhow, kudos to the voice actors who performed in any of the games at any rate. They did a hell of a job, and added some incredible personality to the game. So much so that I often find myself playing the game just to hear certain units say stuff.

Kudos to the writers too, for writing such great lines too.

just a long shot, but are they not in the credits ?
    ...and you will know my name ..

Arc_Salvo
    The names are in the credits, but not who they play. It's just like how it is on IMDB and the wiki entry.

you could try PMing buggo, she might be able to help you out if your very very nice to her =)

Arc_Salvo
    Heh, that's a good idea as any, I guess. Guess I'll try it. Thanks, Akira!

Quote Originally Posted by Akira
    you could try PMing buggo, she might be able to help you out if your very very nice to her =)
    That's wrong! you don't have to be very very nice
    She loves us and we love her and she knows it!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

You can guess some of the voice actors if you've watched cartoons. There was actually a long discussion about this some... 2 years ago or so.

Archraven
    Lukas' and Eliphas/Gabriel's voice actors seem familiar, but I don't know from where.

Brother Aenar
    Well, I found that Scott McNiel did the voices of Lord Bale, Gabriel Angelos (and of course Eliphas).

Found it here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436887/fullcredits

Hope that helps your search a bit

edit: Found more! Here

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498130/

Seems like Mr. McNiel also does the voices of the Chaplain, (which of course means Davian Thule as well) The Imperial Guardsmen, and their Vehicles! The guy is a monster haha.

Scott McNiel did not do Eliphas that was Paul Dobson.
    Scott McNiel did howver do Thule.

Sandact6
    McNiel also did the original Gundam voices?!

Kickass!

Evil Muppet
    And Paul Dobson did a voice for Shadow Raiders! I miss that show, we never did find out where all that alien technology came from.

If Scott McNiel did Thule then i am very Suprised. Scott McNiel as Gabriel said his lines so you believed it. however i don't believe anything that thule says becuase it is not said with that same emotion.
    Wher is a Real Mans Faction.
    Brits are for Sim City fanatics.
    Amer is for Virgins.
    PE is for the "Premature"

I know what you mean. Davian's war cry doesn't seem mighty or inspiring at all compared to Gabriel's.

Deathwatch
    We've discussed this and we concluded that Davian lacks the "fire in his bellah!" that Gabriel had...I miss him...

Can somebody tell me who voices the Fire Warriors? It seems so familiar but I just have no clue where from...

Road-kill
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwatch
    We've discussed this and we concluded that Davian lacks the "fire in his bellah!" that Gabriel had...I miss him...

Can somebody tell me who voices the Fire Warriors? It seems so familiar but I just have no clue where from...
    Mod forum. Go. Now. There's a thread with a detailed walkthrough on how to bring back any voice you like.

Lacrymosa
    Thank you SO MUCH, Roadkill, the only thing that was keeping me from playing Dark Crusade was the fact they replaced the voice of the Farseer AGAIN!

I recognized that whoever done the voices for cultists and several eldar units also did the voice of Inu yasha. I think the name was Roger Ian Cox or something.
    The best means of defense is attack, an' the best means of attack is a really really big one, right, with lots of boys an' dead big shooty things and what have ya.

~Drekzog, legendary Ork smartboy

Farseer Macha (DoW) & Farseer Taldeer (DC) -Nicole Oliver
    Chaplain Varnus, Force Commander Thule, Lord Bale, Captain Gabriel Angelos, Space Marine Sergeant Mattias, Imperial Guard Units - Scott McNeil
    Farseer Taldeer (WA) - Laara/Laura Sadiq

Thats all the ones I could find out for now.

your_neighbour
    Their name are involved in Credits, "Voice Talents" or something like that, I have seen it.

Yeah, just go to the back of the Manual

Zug_zug, it was Richard Ian Cox, he also voiced Ranma Saotome (main character of Ranma 1/2) from series 4 and onwards. Just looked at that link about Scott McNeil; didn't know he voiced the Principal in Ranma 1/2. He layed on the Hawaiian accent way too much for that role; it's hard to understand what he's saying.

Arc_Salvo
    Alright, hope this doesn't count as Necromancy, but I sent of a E-mail to Buggo and she gave me this wonderful list of who does what voice in DOW/WA/DC straight from the source!

Here it is unedited:

Warhammer

Brian Dobson – Space Marine, Assault Marines, Terminators, Apothecary, Slugga/Shoota Boyz, Tankbustas, Stormboyz, Killa Kan

Mark Oliver – Librarian, Aspiring Champion, Imperial Colonel

Michael Dobson – Space Marine Scouts, Big Mek, Imperial Guardsman, Imperial Citizen, Imperial Leman Russ, Inquisitor

Nicole O. – Farseer, Howling Banshees

Paul Dobson – Force Commander, Chaos Space Marines, Raptors, Obliterators, Processed Chaos Marines, Chaos Rhino, Chaos Predator, Warboss, Grots

Peter New – Bad Dok, Nobz, Wartrukk, Wartrak, Looted Leman Russ

Richard Cox – Cultist, Heretic, Guardians, Warp Spiders, Avatar, Wraithlord, Falcon Grav Tank, Fire Prism, Vyper, Rangers, Dark Reapers, Warlock, Bonesinger

Scott McNeil - Sergeant, Servitor, Chaos Lord, Chaos Sorcerer, Daemon Prince

Tony GronickDreadnought, Land Speeder, Rhino, Whirlwind, Predator, Land Raider

Winter Assault

Brian Dobson – Khorne Berzerker, Slugga/Shoota Boyz, Mega Armored Nobz

Brian Drummond – Vindicare Temple Assassin, Warboss

Laura Sadiq – Farseer, Warlock, Fire Dragons

Michael Dobson – Techpriest Enginseer, Sanctioned Psyker, Chaos Lord

Paul Dobson – Imperial Captain, Chaos Sorcerer

Scott McNeil - Imperial Guardsman, Heavy Weapon Platoon, Sentinel, Chimera, Hellhound, Basilisk, Kasrkin, Banblade, Ogryn, Chaplain

Dark Crusade

Lee Tocker – Tau Commander

Brian Drummond – Fire Warrior, Broadside battlesuit, Crisis Suit, Path Finder, Stealth Suit, Generic Vehicle, Hammerhead, Drone Harbinger, Devilfish, Skyray

Brian Dobson – Earth Cast Builder, Shield Drone, Drone Squad, Flas Gits, Grey Knights

John Novak – Imperial Archivist
    Last edited by Worf; 2nd Mar 07 at 10:25 AM. Reason: So that it's readable on all skins.

Whoa, sweet! Good idea for the guy that suggested to message Buggo. Glad to finally know who does who. (And I knew Scott McNeil wasn't Gabriel or Eliphas)

Edit: The guy who voiced Cultists also did the Avatar? With the varying changes in voice these actors have, their skill is very impressive. I never would've guessed Scott McNeil was both Bale and Sindri.

The only thing that bugs me is why Thule's voice is so dull when Bale, Sindri, and Varnus are all voiced by him and have good acting. Pretty much every voice done by McNeil is good except Thule. I guess goody two shoes aren't his forte.

Edit 2: Anybody else notice "Processed" Chaos Marines just now?
    Last edited by MasterSpartan; 1st Mar 07 at 10:50 PM.

I demand more hawt Scott McNeil. Now.

Gogo Buggo! Put in a good for him with the rest of Relic.

/me adores the delicious Chaos Sorceror voice

I'm a Deviant?

Arc_Salvo
    Hmm... Given that The Sorcerer in DOW and WA have the exact same voice, I'm guessing it's Paul Dobson (who's credit as the Sorcerer in Winter Assault, but strangely not DOW given that the DOW/WA Sorcerer have the same voice) who does the Sorcerer (Sindri) in Dawn of War and Winter Assault, and not Scott McNeil

There -is- a new Sorcerer in Dark Crusade though, who has some vocal similarities in range to Lord Bale, so my guess about Scott McNeil is that he's the new Sorcerer in Dark Crusade, and the credit for him being the Sorcerer in the original DOW is probably a formatting error.

Personally, although I do love much of what Scott does (The Imperial Guardsmen and the Chaplain are some of my favorites, and the Ogryns are really nice too) I for one want to see -less- Scott McNeil because he's being cast so much, he's -overused-, imho, and I can pick out his semi-phelgmy voice out of a crowd really easily now, especially when the voice he plays isn't too different from the other ones he's done. Davian Thule for example sounds like an Imperial Guard Sergeant, but just snootier and more British, and he also sounds remarkably close to the Chaplain as well.

It just ruins my immersion when I seem to round every corner in the game and run into some slight variant of the "Imperial Guard Guy" voice and it just makes me wish for more variety.

Now I wouldn't mind if they kept using Scott McNeil if he used a little more variety (more Ogryn or Dark Crusade Sorcerer-style voices for instance, the sorcerer in Dark Crusade in particular made me cringe the first few times I walked him around in-game because he sounded so crazy and evil... and that was a veery good feeling) but if I hear one more phelgmy British (or is it Australian, which Scott apparently is?) guy voice, I'll scream!

Personally, I want to see more Paul Dobson, the guy who did Gabriel Angelos, Sindri, and apparently General Sturnn as well! And I wouldn't be shocked if he was Eliphas too. Eliphas sounds like a less sneering, lower-pitched Sindri with a different talking style, and even though Paul wasn't listed as a credit for Eliphas in Buggo's e-mail, I wouldn't be shocked if he was the guy.

Seems to me like the voices people love the most are done by Mr. Paul Dobson, and that he can pull off a surprising amount of range in both directions from his normal voice (He did both General Sturnn AND Gretchin?!!11!) I don't know about everyone else, but Paul Dobson's my #1 favorite of all the DOW Actors.

Some Theoretical Clarifications on the list above:

Michael Dobson's Imperial Guard in the original DOW are likely the NPC's you can control in the single player campaign.

In Winter Assault, the Warlock that follows Farseer Taldeer around in the Single Player Campaign is definitely female and sounds much different from the unit. I'm guessing Laara Sadiq's "Warlock" credit is the Campaign Cutscene Warlock, and not the unit voice, which is done by Richard Cox, apparently.

Anyhow, am I the only one freaked out by the fact that Richard Cox can go from a deep Dark Reaper/Avatar voice all the way over to the "Is it a guy or girl?"-ish Bonesinger or Warlock?

And Laara Sadiq's the Fire Dragons? Sheesh! Did they run her and Richard's voices through a vocal distortion filter and/or raise/lower the pitch to make the Eldar so gender ambiguous?

I'm curious because the gender ambiguity in some of the Eldar unit voices just freaks me out so much, that I -want- to know what they did with the voices to pull that stuff off.

Well actually, the Sorc. Paul did in WA only speaks in the cutscenes. They left Sindri's (read: McNeil's) voice on the actual unit when using him. I can agree Scott is a bit overused for most roles, and is easily indentifiable. Dobson is definitely my favorite actor of them as well, for his very impressive roles and voicework.

Crull (A.k.a Michael Dobson) is indeed the Planetary Defence Force Guardsmen in the first DoW campaign.
    (I never heard citizens speak, even though they had a model.) You are also correct on the cinematic Warlock being Laura Sadiq (just like Dobson was the Sorc in cinematics). It took me a while to notice, but I eventually noticed Fire dragons have some distinctly female-voiced lines. As far as Eliphas goes, Paul Dobson is in the credits of Dark Crusade (but not on Buggo's list), though pretty much Eliphas is the only one that sounds like him.

The bit with Richard Cox made me laugh, because of the super high pitch cultists and then the deep Avatar voice. I wouldn't be 100% sure, but I might guess they lower the pitch a bit and add in some form of reverb/distortion effect to get that near gender unidentifiable voice.

My own question: What is this "Imperial Archivist" by John Novak? The narrator for all DC's stronghold introductories and cinematics?

Arc_Salvo
    Well first thing that came to mind about the Archivist was that Necron Pariah who was an Imperial Scientist that found the Necrons in the Thur'Abis plaza in the first place, then got changed into a Pariah and did all the talking for the Necrons in their stronghold and when you were playing them.

Could be the Narrator, but the Narrator sounded distinctly like General Sturnn, who was apparently Paul Dobson, so it might be him.

That said, if Scott McNeil was the Sorcerer for the original Dawn of War, my question is: who's the new Sorcerer for Dark Crusade?

And are you absolutely sure that it's Scott McNeil that's Sindri Myr? I swear, no matter how many times I listen, Sindri sounds like Paul Dobson/Eliphas more than it does like Scott McNeil/Lord Bale, and it seems out of character for Relic to cast the same actor as both the Primary and Secondary commander in any one game, which makes me raise an eyebrow.

At any rate, if it is McNeil, then it's definitely something that I got to give him kudos for, and it's another voice I wish he'd imitate rather than the ubiquitous "Scratchy-Throated Snob" I keep hearing him do over and over again, and even moreso in Warhammer: Mark of Chaos, where there's even less variation in how he does his roles!

Anyhow, anyone have any idea who did the Comissar or the Priest voices? Howabout Kroot? They seem to be missing from Buggo's list as well.

edit: What about Governer-Militant Lukas Alexander and Eliphas? Eliphas sounds like Paul Dobson to me, like Is aid, but who knows?! Him, Michael and Brian are all brothers, and it wouldn't shock me if they could sound alike.
    Last edited by Arc_Salvo; 2nd Mar 07 at 2:11 AM.

Massive_Lemon
    My own question: What is this "Imperial Archivist" by John Novak? The narrator for all DC's stronghold introductories and cinematics?
    Yes, I believe that's correct. The campaign's read as if it were an event that happened in the past, so it makes sense that an archivist would be reading it.

30. Child's Play Donor Company of Heroes Senior Member Dawn of War II Senior Member  #30
    I edited the post to make it readable on all skins. Please refine from colour usage if it isn't necessary.

Yes, I'd like to know who did Lukas Alexander's voice as well.

Arc_Salvo

I edited the post to make it readable on all skins. Please refine from colour usage if it isn't necessary.
    Hunh, I thought I'd done that, actually! Buggo gave me the e-mail with that list in a blue font, and thinking that if I copied and pasted from Outlook express that it would just capture the text and not the coloring, I stuck it into the post only to be surprised by a ton of formatting including blue text. So... I just highlighted everything and changed it to black (or so I thought) using the advanced controls and thought everything was peachy.

Guess not. Well, sorry about that, next time I get colored text or somesuch, I'll just copy and paste to notepad, then copy and paste to here.

Thread Information