No music - help me!!!

Lord Metritutus

No music - help me!!!

I have had to register here because I have looked everywhere and am going crazy over this!!!

I have Dawn of War Game of the Year Edition, and when I load ANY saved game, the background music is gone (and background noises such as gunfire, wind, etc).

It destroys the game with only the unit noises and battles for company.

Someone!!! Please! Help me!

EDIT: I have found a couple of threads on here related to this problem, but I have found no solution. Someone?
    Last edited by Lord Metritutus; 31st Dec 06 at 9:57 AM.

in future, if possible please try to find the relevent threads before posting to save duplicate threads and just post in there.

Lord Metritutus
    I searched here!! However, using the search function, and spending ages looking, I could find no solution. Poeple refer to this problem being in the Gold edition. But there seems to be no fix!

If there is a thread, a more recent one, can someone post the link? Then delete this. I'm sorry if its a dupliciate but I'm at my wits end with this.

I have installed Winter Assault, and the problem is here too!

It's fully patched to 1.51.

EDIT: All the threads I have found after more searching seem to be dead. And have no fixes.
    Last edited by Lord Metritutus; 1st Jan 07 at 7:12 AM.

Lord Metritutus
    Anyone?

EDIT: The music on Dawn Of War: Winter Assault seems to restart when control switches between the races (ie: Space Marines to Eldar).
    Last edited by Lord Metritutus; 2nd Jan 07 at 2:36 PM.

Biges
    Well, it seems the game just "forgets" to start playlists of music and ambient sounds. They are stored in the savegame file.
    Last edited by Biges; 6th Feb 07 at 11:28 PM.

AstroCat
    Any fix for this? Where is the music and background SFX stored in the savegame file?
    Last edited by AstroCat; 28th Mar 07 at 6:07 AM.

Thread Information