Dark Crusade `Multiplayer' Cant connect to host

EDOSTRANGER

Dark Crusade `Multiplayer' Cant connect to host

Hi

When I set myself up as the host and friends join/link up it has always worked with the exception of having to let people of the IP address change but a friend has just tried to log on/direct join and he received a message saying `connection failed - your game is different', so any ideas how to get round this? Cheers

When I set myself up as the host and friends join/link up it has always worked with the exception of having to let people of the IP address change
    Hi there, could you explain this part a bit clearer please?

From the other part, it sounds like your friend might be running a different version - either a different patch, Dawn of War, Winter Assault or Dark Crusade; make sure that you are both running the same expansion and the same patch.

EDOSTRANGER

Dark Crusade `Multiplayer' Problems with Host/Direct Join

Yes the game is the same but i'm not sure about the patch. But I have set this up on my Pc and anothers, the only problem we had was finding out the IP address changed but we have sorted that now and enjoy many hours on line, we just cant understand whats different this time around. He has installed the same game from me and his already got Xfire unless that has to change as well?

XFire could be the problem here.
    Make sure you both have individually purchased copies and attempt playing online. If he is using your copy of the game, and hence your private CDKey, XFire might check this and produce a dodgy result because you both have exactly the same CDKey.

Thread Information