Ok. In this thread we will gather up nobrainer fixes. Now you ask yourself what a nobrainer fix is. Rest assured, the answer is near. *And den da winged grot Slow_Runner sat down and told all da lil' uns what a noobreener fix was.*
A nobrainer fix is something that's relatively simple to fix and does not require much debate over whether it should be fixed or not. Balance issues are not nobrainer fixes unless it's something blatantly obvious like the Crisis Suit flamer reload in 1.11. Consistency fixes, such as making IG thermals building_med or making the Tactica building_med are nobrainer fixes. If you can fix it, submit it here. If it's a "please fix bug X" without the actual fix, leave it out as well.
While submitting a fix, go into as much detail as possible and explain your problem as well as possible so that it is easy enough to fix for everyone else who reads it. And for goodness' sakes don't suggest something like "cap Warp Spiders to 2 squads" or "nerf Obliterator damage" because those are not nobrainer fixes.
EDIT: Due to the oversight list, I'll be limiting this list to things that can be fixed with simple mod tools. So if you can't fix it, don't post.
Without further ado, have at it.
- Tau Plasma Generator and both Imperial Guard Generators lack piercing values and minimum damage values for their death explosions resulting in no actual damage.
- The ranged_attack_range value in the squad file affects the behaviour of several units, and not in a good way. Problems arise when the value is set lower than what the range of the unit's weapons is. For a list of these units, see here
- No TAU, Necron or IG Vehicle do Death Explosion, differing from the 4 original races (with notable exception of the Drone Squad).
While it may be intentional for Tau (they do not like things that explode unless told so) and Necrons (high tech, and from fluff no necron unit is actually destroyed: they simply return to the tombworld), it is for sure a great missing feature for IG, notably Hellhound and Banablade (those two should left huge craters when exploding!). See here for a more detailed list.
- Chaos Marines' Frag Grenades do 0 morale damage. Their Space Marine Squad's counterpart does 20 morale damage.
Fix: Assign the Chaos Marines Squad's Frag Grenades ability a proper morale damage value.
- When Obliterators teleport, their weapons remain active without any animation for it. Fix: change "combat_enabled" on the jump bit in the squad file from "true" to "false".
- Chaos Lord's Tainted Auspex doesn't have an icon when thrown to the ground. While it's on the ground, if you click it, it will have no icon, but it did in 1.11. Fix: here
- Cultist Aspiring Champions have the Fear Aura to boost their squad's health but do not get the visual aura to indicate it.
Fix: In the research chaos_purge_the_weak, create a duplicate of modifier_06 at modifier_07, but with the target_type_name as chaos_aspiring_champion_cultist.
- When the Sorcerer is possessed by the Bloodthirster, there is no explosion (damage, knockback, anything other than the fountain of blood) unlike the three Aspiring Champion variants.
Fix: Duplicate the explosion info used for the possession of the Aspiring Champion for the Sorcerer.
- The daemon pit has 5 deepstrike slots, even though even in the campaign the maximum number of obliterators you can get is 3 squads. Fix: reduce "nr_available_spots" in the squad_hold_ext in the structure lua from 5 to 3.
- Chaos Lord adds 12 to the morale rate of squad, where as every other leader adds 2.
Fix: Reduce it to 2.
- The Bloodthirster (chaos_bloodthirster_research) and Daemon Prince Summoning (chaos_daemon_prince_research) researches at the Daemon Pit have no hotkey. Fix: Give them both a hotkey (how about B and D respectively?).
- Give the Harlequin Shrieker cannon proper armor penetration, damage and morale damage values.
- Brightlance and shuriken grav platforms are now vehicles for all intents and purposes but can't be repaired. Fix: "can_be_repaired = True" in the entity blueprint file (and max_repairers to 3 if one wants to be consistent, but max_repairers = 1 works too).
- Harlequin riverblade does 0 damage to monster_high. Fix: Give the weapon an armor piercing value against monster_high.
- CONSISTENCY: Dark Reaper exarchs are the only exarchs to benefit from the Eldar accuracy upgrades. NOTE: Balance issues to be taken into account on this one. Fix: Adjust the optics researches so that all the exarchs benefit from them equally in relation to the basic troops.
- Banshees regroup at 50 morale, while every other Eldar unit regroups at 150. Fix: Change the "broken_min_morale" value in the squad file from 50 to 150.
- The Aspect Portal returns a full 50% resources if deleted once built. The Soul Shrine returns only 10% resources if deleted once built. These should be swapped.
- Harlequin riverblade has 300 armor penetration against commanders and no morale damage. Fix: Reduce the armor piercing value against commanders to at least 100 (30 might be the correct value as well) and give it a proper morale damage value.
- There are actually two Prism Cannons on the Fire Prism and two Missile Launchers on the Hellfire. They are identical in every way and have perfect accuracy (so they both always hit the same unit) except for damage, knockback, and unit filter. The first does the damage, but only to enemies. The second only does knockback but to every unit.
The second knockback-only Prism Cannon still does morale damage though, thus the half morale damage to friendlies since enemies get hit for morale damage twice (once by each weapon).
Fix: Set the second knockback-only Prism Cannon to do no morale damage to match the damage it doesn't do.
- Shuriken Cannon Grav Platforms and Brightlance Grav Platforms do not receive bonuses/penalties from cover. The only other units unaffected by cover are Necrons.
Fix: Give both Grav Platforms cover bonuses. Not sure if that should be the cover bonuses of regular infantry, hovering infantry (e.g. ASM), vehicles, or hovering vehicles (Falcon), but they need their cover bonuses somehow.
- The Farseer's Witchblade has no AP values defined for Building_Med and Building_High. It is dealing the minimum damage value of 10 against those types.
Fix: Assign an AP value of 16 for entry_13 and entry_14 under eldar_witchblade_farseer.
- Dark Reapers' reaper launchers have no AP value defined for Daemon_High and are dealing negligible damage (0.3 DPS) to that type. This is lower than their knife damage!
Fix: Assign a proper AP value for entry_10 under eldar_reaper_launcher.
- Warp Spiders' death spinners have no AP value defined for Vehicle_High and are dealing negligible damage (0.7 DPS) to that type. This is lower than their knife damage!
Fix: Assign a proper AP value for entry_08 under eldar_deathspinner. The Exarch also inherits the same weapon, but assigns separate values from his squad members.
- Fire Dragon Exarchs have a morale death penalty of just 40, the same as regular infantry, Eldar or otherwise. All other Exarchs have a penalty of 60. Fix: Increase the Fire Dragon Exarch's morale death penalty to 60.
- Warp spiders targetting priority is vehicles _low and _med.
Fix: in the squad's sbps file under squad_combat_stance_ext\attack_priorities vehicle_low and vehicle_med are listed before infantry_heavy (both types), monster (both types), and commander armor types. Move those entries down past commander armor, and before vehicle_high.
- Eldar Plasma Grenades have a default piercing value of 0 so they just do their min damage value of 0.1 to monster_medium and monster_high armor types. Fix: Give eldar_plasma_grenades a default armor piercing value of 100.
- Harlequin's Kiss, despite not having Commander armor in the allowable target types, can still occasionally attack a commander who is attached to a squad. Although the targeting of the commander can't be fixed, the damage dealt can.
Fix: Change the min_damage_value to 0 to prevent the unit from taking 1000 damage when mistargeted (it's currently never used for the valid target types).
- Change armor type of IG thermo plasma generator and Tactica control from building_low to building_med.
- Give a minimum damage value to Guardsmen and Kasrkin sergeant swords.
- Command squad's Airstrike ability has a default piercing value of 100 and piercing values of 300 to all infantry and monster_medium and 25 to vehicle_low. All of these make little sense as vehicle_medium and _high take higher damage than vehicle_low and 300 AP is pointless because anything above 100 is wasted and 100 is the default anyway. Fix: assign proper armor piercing values to the ability and the children abilities.
- The Command Squad's Strafing Run initial shot has different aoe and damage values than all of the 31 children. The initial shot (guard_strafing_run) is aoe 7, 25-50 damage, morale 25. The children (guard_strafing_run_children and 30 inheritors) are all aoe 4, 30-60 damage, morale 40.
Fix: Since there's only one shot doing the first damage value and 31 doing the second, set the aoe and damage values of guard_strafing_run to match the second set of numbers above.
- Leman Russ left and right heavy bolters have a disparity where the right HB is doing practically no damage to buildings. Fix: Increase right heavy bolter's armor penetration against building_high to 10.778 and against building_med to 20.555.
- Baneblade Lascannons do different damage to different armor types, even though they're both supposed to be the same weapon. Fix: adjust penetration values to all buildings, infantry and monster_med.
- Techpriest is immune to morale even though he has the morale bar. Fix: Either remove the morale bar if he's supposed to be immune or give him the proper morale entries to allow him to have morale.
- Heavy Weapon Team melee does 0 damage when un-entrenched. Fix: Give the weapon proper minimum_damage_value, min and max damage and armor penetration values (or just the the Guardsman knife weapon entry).
- Psyker Lightning field has an Armor Penetration value of 150 against infantry_heavy_high. Fix reduce it to 100.
- Command Squad Priest's morale bonus overrides the Commissar's morale bonus to the squad. Fix: set the morale addition modifier to "exclusive: false."
- Weapon specialization research gives a damage modifier of 2 to guardsmen grendes and 1.5 to Kasrkin grenades, as a result, Kasrkin grenades end up doing less damage than their Guardsmen counterparts. Fix1: Set the Kasrkin damage modifier for Grenade Launchers to 2. Fix2: Increase the min and mac damage values on the Kasrkin Grenadelauncher by a multiplier of 1.35 so that the damage after Weapon Specialization will be higher than that of Guardsmen Grenadelaunchers.
- Guardsmen, HW team and Kasrkin knives, Priest weapons, Psyker CC weapon and Captain's power Gauntlet, as well as their special attacks do no morale damage. Guardsmen sergeants, Ogryns and Ogryn Bon'eads do 0.5.
Fix: Assign each of these proper morale damage values (nothing too high, just enough to have them do reasonable morale damage in melee).
- IG plasma starts at range 22 when even standard bolters have range 25 and guardsmen lasguns have range 27. While the range does go up to 26.4 with the Satellite Targeting upgrade, it's inconsistent to have it start at such a low range.
- Guardsmen Sergeant laspistol has range 30 and is not affected by the Satellite Targeting upgrade. As a result, it outranges Guardsmen lasguns before the upgrade and vice versa after the upgrade. Fix: give the laspistol the same range as the lasgun, and have it be affected by the Satellite Targeting research.
- IG LP3 has a modifier that's supposed to add 200 hp, but it overrides the bonus of the LP2 upgrade. Fix: make the second modifier increase health by 400 instead of 200, resulting in the intended +200 hp with LP3.
- Assassin Infiltrate Research has no hotkey. Fix: something written in the "ui_hotkey_name" bit to sort that one out.
- IG turret blueprint is so large that it's difficult to place them on the map. Fix: Either reduce the "extra_no_build_buffer" from 2 to 1 or change the entity blueprints to the following: scale_x = 2, scale_z = 1.
- Guardsmen and Kasrkin have ranged_attackrange set at 35 in their squad file. This limits their automatic firing to range 35, even though they have weapons that have longer range (grenade launchers). Fix: increase the value to 45.
- The Leman Russ targeting bug is unique to the LR. It is not shared by the LLR or either Pred. The problem is the sponson heavy bolters cannot fire inwards at all. Thus they cannot fire on the same target unless said target is at least as wide as the LR.
Fix: Taking my cue from the SM and Chaos Predators, change the max_traverse_right for the left HB to 15 and the max_traverse_left for the right HB to -15.
- The HWT AC facing bug is that the HWT reverses direction when the AC is built.
Fix: setthe muzzle z-value for this weapon in the unit file (ebps file) to 0.103 instead of -0.103.
- Assassin and Techpriest do 0 morale damage in CC. Fix: Give the techpriest power axe and exitus pistol a morale damage value.
- Kasrkin sergeant sword and Guardsmen sergeant sword both to 0 damage to building_high, vehicle_high and monster_high. Kasrkin sergeant swoard also does 0 morale damage. Fix: give them proper armor penetration values against the three armor classes or a minimum damage value and give the Kasrkin sergeant sword a morale damage value.
- Let it burn ability does no morale damage. Fix: Give the ability and its child abilities a morale damage value (but don't go overboard).
- Strip Soul does no morale damage. Fix: give the ability a morale damage value.
- Inconsistency: IG LP3 has a firing range of 25. Every other races LP3 updates firing range from 25 to 35.
Fix: Increase the range on guard_heavy_bolter_listening_post_2 to 35.
- Imperial Guard mines are missing AP values against monster_high and monster_med.
Fix: Assign both armor classes proper damage values. The armor penetrating values are also quite different from the other mines so standardizing the damage values to better match with the others seems reasonable as well.
- Imperial Guard mines have extra_no_build_buffer set to 1 while the other mines have it set to 0. This increases the blueprint of the mines to be bigger than all the other mines. Fix: set the extra_no_build_buffer to 0 from 1 in the epbs file.
- Yet more IG weapons that don't have proper morale damage values. See here.
- It would seem that the armor penetrations on the Heavy Weapon Team's Autocannon are swapped between monster_med and monster_high. Fix: Interchange the armor piercing values for monster_med and monster_high.
- There are two sponson Twin Heavy Bolters on the Baneblade, one on either side of the vehicle, and a third mounted directly on the hull next to the Demolisher cannon. The left sponson Twin Heavy Bolter has different DPS values for Vehicle Low (5.0) and Vehicle Medium (1.0). The right has DPS values for Vehicle Low (12.0) and Vehicle Medium (6.0).
Fix: Increase the armor penetration on guard_heavy_bolter_baneblade_1 to 24 against vehicle_low and to 12 against vehicle_med.
- The Hellhound's stationary accuracy is only 50% and though its FOTM is better than most units, it still suffers. Because of this, it has a notorious tendency to pull into range, start firing, and then the squad it's shooting at proceeds to take no damage whatsoever for a solid 3-14 seconds. All other flamers in the game have full accuracy and then possibly some penalties to moving accuracy.
Fix: Increase its stationary accuracy to 100% and then reduce its DPS accordingly to current levels. Adjust accuracy penalty on the move accordingly if desired.
- Psyker's CC weapon has no AP value defined for building_high. He has a disparity where he is only dealing 1.0 DPS to building_high and at least 15 times that amount to other armor types.
Fix: Assign a proper AP value to entry_12 under guard_psychic_spike_psyker.
- HQ Priest's eviscerator suffers from a two-fold problem.
First, there is no AP value defined for vehicle_high. This creates a dissparity where the priest is dealing 1.4 DPS to vehicle_high and at least 50 DPS to all other armor types. More evidence: The CS Priest does at least 23 DPS to vehicle_high and hes only using a chainsword!
The second problem is that the AP value for building_high is exceedingly low (0.667). Thus, the Priest is suffering from another disparity whereby he only deals 1.9 DPS to building_high. For more evidence, I looked at the Commisar and General's damage to building_high, and found that they were both at least 10 DPS. Note: This bug is also present in the CS Priest's chainsword, except that he has no AP entry.
Fix: Assign proper AP values to entry_08 under guard_eviscerator_priest and entry_14 under guard_chainsword_priest. Increase the AP value for entry_14 under guard_eviscerator_priest to something more appropriate.
- Assassin's Exitus Pistol is missing AP values against vehicle_high and monster_high. He is only dealing 1.0 DPS to these types, but at least ten times that amount to other armor types.
Fix: Assign proper AP values to entry_08 and entry_10 under guard_exitus_pistol_assassin.
- The IG Techpriest is by default set to Hold Ground stance (he'll move to engage nearby enemies), and this will be overwritten by the stance set on the HQ he is made from. The other combat-capable builders (Bonesinger, Grots) default to Stand Ground stance (don't move to attack) and this stance overwrites the stance set on the HQs they are created from.
Fix: for consistency change the following in the Techpriest sbps:
default_stance set to type_stance\tp_stance_standground.lua
ignore_building_stance set to true
IG CAMPAIGN RELATED:
- The Victory Sash wargear of the Imperial Guard is supposed to increase the morale of Regimental Bodyguards (honor guard GM) by 100. However, the bonus is apply_to_squad, not apply_to_squad_type and so it doesn't work (just like the GM sergeant health bonus was).
- The Carapace Greaves wargear should increase the movement speed of the general and all command squad members by 25%. But the Priest's bonus is a 0% bonus with a 125% chance of applying. The probability to apply and the modifier value entries are swapped.
- General Lucas Alexander's Master-Crafted Power Claws and Power Fists wargear both also do 0 morale damage.Originally Posted by bug report
guard_power_fist_captain (the third melee upgrade for the Command squad captain in the DC SP campaign) lists min_damage of 225 and a max_damage of 145. These values are swapped. Fix: switch the values around so that max damage is the higher value.
- In the Imperial Guard campaign, the wargear item "Governor's Raiment" is supposed to increase the maximum squad and support caps, however this is bugged and gives no increase for either.
Fix: change the modifiers in guard_wargear_upgrade_10_governor_raiment_research from:
- Honor Guard GM start with 275 hp, and get *2 and *2.5 hp multipliers, in addition to the armor research. So they eventually get their hp multiplied by 6.25 which means they have ~1700 hp per man. Since multipliers work with additive boni, that number gets increased to ~2700 hp each, if you take sergeants and priests into account. For reference regular Guardsmen start with 160 hp, get +15 and +25 hp from the morale researches, and a *1.25 hp multiplier from the armor research.
Fix: Honor Guard Guardsmen get additive (for example +40 and +50) hp from the morale research, instead of multiplicative boni.
- Necron builder scarabs have a 12 second flag plant animation which renders the scarab planting the flag immune to damage for those 12 seconds. All other races' cappers have a plant time of 3 seconds. Fix: Reduce the duration of scarab flag plant animation to 3 seconds.
- Necron Warriors (rep, max0), Builder Scarabs (rep, max0), Pariahs (rep, max0 ), Immortals (rep, max0) are all set to "can_be_repaired=true" but have max repairers set to 0, which means that they can't be repaired, even though the cursor changes to the repair one when places over them. Same goes for the Flayed Ones, except they aren't set to repairable but have 1 max repairers.
Fix: Set Necron Warriors, Builder Scarabs, Immortals and Pariahs to "can_be_repaired=false" and Flayed Ones to "max_repairers = 0".
- Necron Obelisk Gauss Flayer (the LP2 weapon) does negligible morale damage (0.05). Fix: Give the weapon a proper morale damage value.
- The Awakened Monolith addon (T2 upgrade) is supposed to provide a 50% health bonus to the Necron Lord, but the application type isn't specified so it defaults to apply_to_entity instead of apply_to_entity_type (which is what it should use to apply to the Necron Lord). Because of this the bonus is applied to the Monolith instead of the Necron Lord.
Fix: Considering the Necron Lord is already powerful enough, either remove the bonus or properly apply it to the monolith. Make sure that the second monolith upgrade's health bonus to the Necron Lord isn't broken in the process.
- The Necron speed progress bar doesn't accurately show the benefits gained from Obelisks and Critical points as the obelisk bonus of 20% is too large and the Critical bonus isn't even shown on the bar.
Fix: Reduce the value of modifier 07 on epbs/races/necrons/structures/necron_listening_post to 15.2. Then add a similar modifier as modifier 04 on the ebps/environment/gameplay/strategic_objective_struct.rgd file under 'modifiers_immediate' with a value of 22.7.
- Necron Pariahs have all their sound effects missing.
Fix: in data-> attrib-> ebps-> races-> necrons-> troops-> necron_pariah-> ui_ext, change
"Speech\Races\Necron\Pariah\Selection" to "Speech\Races\Necron\Pariah"
- Necron Pariahs have a reinforce speed of 10. Not unusual by itself, as all other hardcap 1 tier 3 infantry have reinforce times in the 9-12 seconds range. However, taking the Necron speed bonus into account, their reinforce time can get as low as 3.3 seconds, which is the fastest reinforce time in the game, especially high for a 1000 hp heavy_high unit.
NOTE: BALANCE ISSUES ON THIS ONE.
Fix 1: Pariah reinforce time is unaffected by the necron speed bonus.
Fix 2: Pariah reinforce speed is increased to 24-30 seconds. (For reference, NW have 25 secs reinforce time, Flayed Ones 30 seconds.)
- If a Flayed One is killed there is a 50% chance that it will stand back up with 30% of its original hitpoints. Every other Necron unit (Necron Warrior, Wraith, Immortals) have only a 25% chance to reassemble themselves with 30% of their original hitpoints.
Fix: Reduce the "get_back_up_chance" on the Flayed One ebps file from 0.5 to 0.25.
- Inconsistancy: Necron HF Obelisk (lp3) has no other tier building requirements and can be upgraded as early as Tier 1. All other races' listening posts require at least Tier 2 to upgrade to heavily fortified.
- Stormboyz speed upgrade doesn't affect Stormboy Nob Leaders and as squads move at the speed of the slowest unit in the squad, the Nob Leader slows down his squad. Fix: Have the ork_research_speed_boost_stormboyz upgrade increase the speed of Stormboy_Nob_Leader by a modifier of 1.3.
- Stormboyz Stikk Bombz does 0 morale damage, even though they are technically considered to be anti-infantry grenades.
Fix: Assign the Stikk Bombz ability a proper morale damage value.
- Mad Dok's Burna Bomb does 0 morale damage.
Fix: Give it a morale damage value (don't go overboard).
- The Squiggoth is armed with two Twin Big Shootas. The right Twin Big Shoota is completely lacking AP values for Heavy_Infantry_MED, Building_LOW, Building_MED, and Building_HIGH, meaning it defaults to its inherited value of 2.5 DPS against these. The Left Twin Big Shoota is missing AP values for Heavy_Infantry_MED, Heavy_Infantry_HIGH, Building_MED, and Building_HIGH.
Fix: Assign armor penetration values for each of these fields on both twin big shootas.
- More Burny Research and Free Sluggas, both have a hotkey of M.
- Mega Armoured Nobs have no morale penalty on death.
Fix: Give them a morale death value of 40 (standard value for units in the game).
ORKS CAMPAIGN RELATED:
- Gorgutz's Big Horns are stated in-game to increase melee damage and health. Unfortunately that's not quite the way they work. Instead they function as an aoe 10 melee weapon that hurts your own troops. Since the aoe was manually added by Relic (check the lua), I'm assuming the aoe part is intentional. The "hurt's your own troops" part though is the default value by the game engine and probably isn't intentional.
Fix: Set the aoe filter on the weapon ork_warboss_big_horns to "tp_area_filter_enemy"
- The ork_warboss_red_gob weapon lacks a reload value, so it's doing the same crazy damage thing as the old bugged Crisis Suit flamers.
Fix: Set the weapon's reload to 1 (same as the other special wargear weaponry like the Helm of Lorgar, Big Horns, or Rune Aura weapon).
- Powersword upgrade changes the Chaplain's Crozius Arcanum into a powersword and all subsequent upgrade the Crozius Arcanum's weapon which is no longer in use. More specific info. Fix: Remove the modifier 05 from the Powersword upgrade that changes the Crozius to the Powersword.
- SM Dreadnought Lascannon and Assault Cannon have no fire on the move penality. All others walkers have it. For consitency's sakes either give all walker weapons decent fire on the move or give dreadnought weapons the movement penalty as well.
- The Land Raider's left and right twin-linked lascannons do different damage to monster_high, monster_med and vehicle_high. Fix: fix the differing armor penetration values for those 3 armor types.
- The Space Marine predator lascannon sponsons do different damage to building_high. Fix: make the armor penetration values on those weapons against building_high the same.
- Orbital Bombardment's initial shot is missing damage values for monster_high, vehicle_medium, and vehicle_high.
Fix: Since the children all have 25 piercing values for those armor types, then give the initial shot those piercing values too.
- Space Marine Mine Fields have a sight range of 0, detection range of 6. The other four Mine Fields have a sight range of 10, detection range of 6. Fix: Give Space Marine Mine Fields a sight range of 10.
- When Terminators teleport, their weapons remain active without any animation for it. Fix: change "combat_enabled" on the jump bit in the squad file from "true" to "false".
- Chaplain's power sword entry has double AP entries for infantry_med and infantry_low and no AP values to infantry_heavy_high and infantry_heavy_medium.
Fix: Reassign entries 13 and 14 to infantry_heavy_high and infantry_heavy_medium and assign them proper values.
- Inconsistancy: Space Marine squad missile launchers are the only missile weapon in the game with 0 knockback force. All other missile weapons do some kind of knockback.
Fix: Most missile weapons do 20-50 knockback force. In space_marine_missile_launcher_tactical, edit the force_min to 20 and force_max to 50, or whatever seems appropriate.
- Weaken Resolve Research and Word of the Emperor Research still share a hotkey, "B", although the former is no longer a prerequisite of the latter and so the same hotkey is assigned to two potentially simultaneously active researches. Fix: Change the hotkey for one of the two researches.
SINGLEPLAYER SPACE MARINE ISSUES:
- The honor guard librarian has only 300 hp instead of 1400. Fix: Increase hp to which ever seems appropriate (standard Librarians are 1400 hp).
The tooltip for Wargear: Power Weapons upgrade in the SM Armoury in the campaign is listing "Equips all Sergeants with power Swords" line twice.
Fix: Remove the first line.
- Assign the Tau Shield Drone a proper armor class.
- Kroot Hounds, Krootox and the Greater Knarloc are all missing health regeneration values. Fix: Give Kroot Hounds, Krootox and Greater Knarloc a health regeneration value of 1.
- Tau Firewarrior Shas'Ui pulse carbine has a range of 30 while basic Firewarrior Pulse Rifles have range 35 and the Shas'Ui weapon is also unaffected by all the upgrades. As a result, the Shas'Ui can never fire as far as the basic Firewarriors. Fix: add 5 range to the Shas'Ui weapon and apply the same range bonuses in the upgrades to the Shas'Ui Carbine as well.
- Adding a 2nd Shas'Ui or a 2nd Shield Drone to a Firewarrior squad does not grant the benefits of a second ability, nor does it impact the recharge of the ability at all. Fix: change the value async_ability from "false" to "true" in the sbps file, squad_loadout_ext.
- Hammerhead clones still have vehicle_high armor type. Fix: make their armor type vehicle_med.
- Tau vehicle building blueprint is so large that it's difficult to place them on the map. Fix: Either reduce the "extra_no_build_buffer" from 2 to 1 or change entity blueprints to the following: scale_x = 4, scale_z = 6.
- CONSISTENCY: Greater Knarloc builds in 30 seconds while every other super unit builds in 90.
- Stealth Suit Shav’re’s fusion blaster has range 20 while regular fusion blasters have range 25 and 28. It is not affected by any of the upgrades either (mainly the accuracy upgrade). Fix: increase the range to 25 and make it be affected by the appropriate upgrades.
- Tau squad leaders don't increase morale of the squad. Fix: have Stealth Suit and Firewarrior squad leaders increase morale.
- The ethereal bonus of +200 hitpoints affects every single Tau entity, including things like snare traps. Fix: consider which units it is intended and modify the ethereal's for the greater good ability accordingly.
- Devilfish burstcannon does 1.4 dps across the board. Fix: decide if it's just eyecandy or if it should do proper damage. BALANCE IMPLICATIONS.
- Crisis Suit Missile Pods are bugged, 2 of their damage values, (vehical low and Vehical Med), have values over 100% penetration. It also has very low Building low penetration but high Building Med/Building High damage. It looks like the Building Low and Building High values are switched round.
- tau_flamer_commander list itself as having 350 armour piercing value vs infantry_heavy_high.
Fix: infantry_heavy_medium has a value of 45, so 35 seems like the intended value here.
- tau_missile_pod_crisis_suit has armour piercing values of:
140 armour piercing v vehicle_low
120 armour piercing v vehicle_medium
Fix: Bring both down to 100.
- tau_rail_gun_hammer_head_gunship has armour piercing values of:
160 armour piercing v vehicle_low
300 armour piercing v vehicle_medium
Fix: Reduce both to 100.
- Tau Drone Squad's Self Destruct ability does 0 morale damage. Fix: Give it a morale damage value (nothing too high).
- Drone squads are 70/40 to reinforce, yet 120/210 to build for the initial 3 member squad. Fix: Decide which is the correct cost and adjust the prices accordingly.
- Broadsides have morale values although they can’t take any due to a morale armor of 0. Fix: Either remove morale values if they aren’t intended to break or give them morale armor of 0.5 and adjust the other morale values appropriately (1500 morale seems excessive, as does morale regen of 50 per second etc.).
- The Kroot Shaping Center returns only 10% resources if deleted once built. This is in line with a T1 Barracks building, but the Kroot Shaping Center isn't a T1 barracks anymore so it should return 50% resources if deleted once built.
- Crisis Suit and Vespid Stingwing clones have no HP regen value. The single-player honor guard clone also has no HP regen value. Fix: Give them an HP regen value of 1.
- The Greater Knarloc's special attacks have no piercing values which means they default to their amazing min damage value of 1.
Fix: Since other uber special attacks have a default piercing value of 10, do the same for the Greater Knarloc's two special attacks so they actually do some damage.
- The Vespid Stingwing have build requirements of either a Tau or Kroot Barracks. Fix: As the Kroot Barracks now requires a Tau Barracks (Tau -> PtE -> Kroot), the build requirements should be changed to just the Tau Barracks since the Kroot Barracks is no longer used as a tech level building.
- Another Tau one. The Broadside Rail Gun has an aoe of 1. This is about 1 pixel larger than the unit radius of a Techpriest, far too small to actually hit more than one unit. Fix: Since the Rail Gun actually having a real aoe would most certainly be unbalanced, set the aoe size of the Rail Gun to 0.
- The Stealth Suit research Target Lock increases the accuracy of Stealth Suit Burst Cannons and Stealth Suit Fusion Blasters by 200% (2.0 in the game engine). This makes the weapons perfectly accurate when standing still or moving. At 2, it's an overkill no matter what.
Fix: If the upgrade is intended to make the units perfectly accurate, reduce the accuracy bonus to 100% (0.2). Otherwise just reduce the bonus t whatever seems appropriate.
- If you try to build a Shield Drone with less than 70 requisition, you'll find you can't click the button. The problem is that although the displayed cost of the unit is 40/40, and this is the amount deducted from your resources when you build it, the ebps file lists the cost as 70/0. The game looks at this value when determining if the unit can be built even though it's not the actual cost of the unit.
The Firewarrior Shas'Ui squad leader is low in the ebps file at only 70/0, when it's actually 70/20.
Fix: Correct Shield Drone cost in the ebps file to 40/40. Correct the Firewarrior Shas'Ui squad leader cost to 70/20.
- CONSISTENCY: Tau Commander's flamer uses a circular area of effect and not a cone shaped, unlike all other flamers in the game. Fix: Change the area_type from 'tp_area_effect_circle' to 'tp_area_effect_pie' and change the 'angle left' value from 30 to -30.
NOTE: This affects the flamer's efficiency so some rebalancing may be in order.
- The Vespids' Sonic Pulse fires twice because a mismatch of refresh time and duration time. Duration time 1.7 gives enough time for the refresh time of 1 to kick in and do the ability a second time.
Fix: Increase the refresh time of the Tau_Sonic_Pulse from 1 to 1.7.
- The Skyray Missile Gunship has no Fire on the Move penalty.
Fix: Give tau_skyray_missile (the parent weapon of the two missiles mounted on the Skyray) an accuracy_reduction_when_moving of 0.55. This would give the children 15% accuracy while moving like nearly all the other units in the game.
Skyray Missile Barrage has two bugs:
- There is an initial, instant, invisible missile fired directly at the target point with an aoe of 0.01. Since the 18 children inherit their damage values from this ability, we can either disable the parent's damage and knockback and then copy it all over to the first child, or (easier) fix the parent to be a proper 19th missile that fires just before the current first missile.
Fix: Make the following changes to tau_skyray_missile_barrage: initial_delay_time = 1.6, area_effect\radius = 6, area_effect\throw_data\up_angle_max = 75, projectile_name = Tau_skyray_Missile (yeah, odd capitalization), projectile_spawn_pos\x = 1.60800, projectile_spawn_pos\y = 4.07700, projectile_spawn_pos\z = -1.70000, random_offset = 8
- Children 7-18 and the parent do friendly fire, but children 1-6 do not.
Fix: Either set Children 7-18 along with the parent to area_effect\area_effect_information\filter_type=tp _area_filter_enemy.lua, or set Children 1-6 to area_effect\area_effect_information\filter_type=tp _area_filter_all.lua. The latter is probably a better choice balance-wise.
- A batch of Holographic Projection bugs. Some clones have a health value that mismatches the original unit. No clone's health scales with Improved Metallurgy, so if they matched before they won't after. This needs a two stage fix. First, make the mismatched clones have the same health as the original units (clone health listed below in parenthesis).
Vespid Stingwing: 330 (250)
Pathfinder: 350 (250)
Kroot Shaper: 800 (1000)
Kroot Hound: 600 (1200, that's not even close)
Greater Knarloc: 8000 (6500)
Drone Squad: 325 (800, where do these numbers come from?)
Drone Harbinger: 750 (2500, seriously, what?)
Hammerhead: 4000 (3200, along with the vehicle_high armor bug)
- Problem 2: the health of clones does not increase with Improved Metallurgy, so a smart player can determine whether or not a unit is a clone by checking it's health rather than trying to figure out whether or not it's doing damage. Fix: in tau_improved_metallurgy, duplicate modifiers 2 through 8 as 9 through 15, changing the target of the duplicates (clones?) to be the clone version of each of those units.
- Tau Broadside Battlesuits railgun has no AP value defined for Infantry_Low. As a result, the weapon is only dealing 18.8 DPS to Infantry_Low and over 100 DPS to other infantry types.
Fix: Assign a proper AP to entry_01 under tau_railgun_broadside_battlesuit.
- Crisis Suit flamer has a firing arc of 0 degrees, making it a single-line weapon instead of a pie-shaped AoE weapon.
FIX: increase the firing arc. NOTE: One will have to tone down the effectiveness of the weapon if this change takes place.
- The Tau Shield Drone does not have a sight radius assigned. This leaves the squad blind if the Shield Drone is the last unit left.
Fix: Give it a sight radius of 15 to match the rest of the squad.
- Tau Snare Traps have no armor type assigned.
Fix: Assign it an armor type.
- Kroot Carnivores have no morale penalty on death(ebps file, health_ext\morale_death). All other non-Necron units in squads that can take morale damage or units that can attach to a squad that can take morale damage have a morale penalty on death.
Fix: Give them a morale death value of 40 (standard value for units in the game).
- Tranquility end:
open the Tranquility End_icon.TGA file with any .bmp editor, rotate it 90°, save, close, check ingame the minimap.
- Fallen city:
open fallen city.TGA with the ME, enable RENDER WATER in the options, save, close, check.
- The map Titan’s Fall is apparently imbalanced. The bottom player is closer to the "middle" strategic points and the "middle" critical location. Fix: here.
- Several maps are somewhat lopsided when it comes to resource distribution. Check this post for details on how to fix.
- All new Dark Crusade maps are completely devoid of cover.
Check the entryline in the appropriated unit (it appear as $#####). Now, open
DXP2 (or WH40k or WXP)/locale/language.UCS and change the appropriated line with a text editor. It is very sensitive to changes, so make backups and triple check in game.
Tooltip for Critical Locations (except for Necrons) state that they produce requisition at a higher rate than Strategic Points. However, both Strategic Points and Critical Locations produce +6 requisition when captured.
- Bloodthirster still says the cost goes up every time you summon it. I think it's been like this since the original, yet it's never actually been true.
Remove the false line
- The demon pit doesnt list the demon prince research under the tool tip. Fix: Add it.
- CSM Temple (ie. barrack) tooltip lists "allows the building of csm armory" This is untrue.
Remove the false line.
- The tooltip specifying that Chaos Marines can only get Heavy Bolters needs to be fixed.
- Berzerk Fury says it increases damage dealt and decreases damage taken. This is incorrect. It increases damage dealt, decreases morale damage taken, and increases physical damage taken.
- Obliterator tooltips say they are effective against most things in CC, when they're actually effective against nothing in CC.
Fix: Either buff their melee to around CSM Levels, or fix the tooltip.
- When the Plasma Pistols upgrade is researched, both the Chaos Lord and Sorcerer lose Infantry from their unit counter list.
- The Chaos Armory states that it contains upgrades for Chaos Marines, Raptors, Cultists, and Aspiring Champions, but it makes no mention of Khorne Berserkers. Khorne Berserkers can research the Symbol of Khorne ability at the armory.
- Grav platform tooltips still say they can be attached to squads. This is not true.
Remove the false line.
- The Vyper tooltip say that can be upgraded to be effective against vehicles. Untrue.
Remove the false line.
- For the Armour upgrades, it says they affect Reapers, Banshees, Warp Spiders and such, but makes no mention of Fire Dragons. Fire Dragons do get a health increase.
- Tooltip for Eldar Mines still say that commanders can detect them. This is incorrect and should be removed.
- Assassin Scope for the assassin still claims to increase LOS.
- There's no tooltip mentioning that Chimeras are capped at 6.
- The tooltip for the CS Commissar claims that he increases the HP regeneration of his squad, but he does not.
- When Plasma Guns are equipped to the Guardsmen Squad, they do not gain Heavy Infantry under their unit counter list.
- Tooltip for Tactica Control still says that this building is required to upgrade to the Battle Command.
- Tooltip for the Uncommon Valor upgrade doesn't mention that it also adds 100 HP to all Command Squad members, including the General.
- Tooltip for the Weapon Specialization upgrade claims to double the damage of the Grenade Launcher and Plasma Gun, however this is misleading. To clarify this, change the tooltip to say what it actually does:
"Doubles the damage of the Guardsmen Grenade Launcher and Kasrkin Plasma Rifle.
Increases the damage of the Guardsman Plasma Rifle and Kasrkin Grenade Launcher by 50%."
- The tooltip for upgrading to the Battle Command doesn't mention that it increases the Guardsman squad size by 3 members.
- Tooltip for IG Mines state that commanders can detect them. This is not true of several races' heroes, including the Necron Lord, Eldar Far Seer, SM Force Commander, etc.
- Tooltip for the Execute ability still claims to double fire rate.
- Tooltip for the Lightning Arc ability doesn't alert user to the self-break that also breaks any squad a Psyker is attached to.
- Tooltips for Guardsmen and Kasrkin grenadelaunchers don't mention inability to fire on the move, whereas SM heavy bolters and missile launchers do.
- Tooltip for first Listening Post upgrade says it gives "Wailing Doom", but the ability is called "Wailing Terror".
- There is no tooltip that mentions Scarab Swarms are capped at 4.
- It is not mentioned in any tooltip that building a Scarab Swarm costs 125 power and 1 vehicle point. Fix: Ideal place to include such information would be in the button that produces the squad, located in the Tomb Spyder's control panel. Another spot to include such information would be in the Tomb Spyder's tooltip, itself.
- Tooltip for Da Boyz Hut states that this building is required to build the Pile of Gunz, but this is incorrect. Pile of Gunz only requires 20 Ork Resource.
- Tooltip for building the Storm Boyz squad (in Da Boyz Hut) does not mention that Storm Boyz are also effective against heavy infantry.
- Tooltip for Power Klaws upgrade on the Nobz Squad states that Power Klaws are "effective against all unit types." However, when Power Klaws are added to the squad, vehicles are not added to the squad's unit counter list.
- Tooltips say that Terminators are "effective against most units in close combat." They actually have lower CC damage than Scouts do.
Fix: Either buff the Terminators to SM CC levels (something which people have pushed for since Termies became an elite, BTW) or fix the tooltip.
- There is no tooltip that mentions Land Speeders are capped at 10.
- Tooltip for the Chapel-Barracks still incorrectly states that this building is required to build the armory.
- When researching the Plasma Pistols upgrade, the Force Commander, Librarian, and Chaplain all lose Infantry from their unit counter list.
- The tooltip for "Stealth Suit Burst Cannon Upgrade" from the Cadre Headquarters, says that it upgrades the damage on ALL Stealth Suit weapons, when it actually upgrades the damage on ONLY the Burst Cannons (as the name suggests).
- Tooltip for the Tau Barracks doesn't mention that Kroot Carnivores can be built there.
- Tooltip for Fire Warriors says that they are "Effective against Infantry and Heavy Infantry." Armor penetration values and in-game performance imply the same thing. However, the squad's unit box does not list Heavy Infantry under its counter list.
- XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Team and XV88 Broadside Battlesuit Team are now single-unit squads, but their names are causing confusion. They should be renamed to remove the "Team" from the unit name.
- Tooltip for the Tau Commander claims that he has no melee attack. However, his burst cannon does the exact same damage in melee as in the ranged stance.
- Tooltip for Coalition Center incorrectly says that this building is required to train the Greater Knarloc.
- According to the tooltips, the Honor Guard Stealth Suits are not effective against anything.