I was just thinking about this. Can anyone remember if ever, I mean ever, was there a bug that hurt the allies through any of the patches? I am also including things like, missing veteran values as a "bug" when it's actually an unfinished (or forgotten) feature.
Note: this is not a balance discussion. This is a History of bugs, unintended effects/results of changes. They also have to have a negative effect on only one side.
Also: this is not a "Relic Bashing Thread". There is no conspiracy against, or hate of axis on the part of Relic. Just think about how small Relic is, and the fact that they have become #1 because they make great games, not because they throw money around, or have a famous name that will sell anything.
All the ones I can think of off the top of my head seam to only hurt Axis:
1)Sherman Smoke bug
2)Sherman clipping bug
3)Axis mortars/nebel does more damage to axis units than allied units.
4)Axis mortar smoke shells damage axis infantry when they land.
5)Missing Veteran lvl 2 for Volksgrenadiers and Knights Cross Holders
6)Axis tank traps not working
7)100% engine damage to the Puma
8)Flak88 doesn't get veterancy
9)Panzershrek misfiring bug
10) Grenadiers unable to rebuild a lost Panzershrek if it already had two
11) Pak38s on hold fire still have that one man that shoots all the time
12) Cloaked Pak38s can be detected by allied players "mousing over" them. The mouse icon will show a green shield (heavy cover) when it passes over the gun. A dead give away if your mouse is showing green cover in an open field, or anywhere else.
13) Axis Flammenwerfer upgrade costing 20 fuel pre-1.3. It was apparently an "attribute data value error". Ergo, bug.
14) Buggy Straifing Run that fires across the whole map, not just between brackets.
15) Axis HT not recieving it's flamer after upgrade
16) Allied M10 tank exponentionally more affective at running over infatry, making it the cheapest AT, and Anti-infantry vehicle in the game. Code named: The Lawnmower
17) Allied Jeep bouncing "deflect" Tiger/88 Shells.
The only bug I can think of that hurt Allies was:
1) Rangers had to purchase Thompsons again forsoldiers gained from reinforcing.
2) Storm Troopers retreat while cloaked, snipers do not.
3) Axis snipers reducing ammo income pre-1.3
4) Buggy Bombing Run for Airborn
5) Axis Halftrack Walking Stuka upgrade sometimes retains front MG
6) Panzerfaust would track and insta-kill cloaked allied snipers. Panzerfausts would also kill a lone sniper in a building. Definately unintended.
I'm sure there have been many other bugs in the past that I have forgotten. What do you think?
Seams like thus far most of the glitches in the game have had a negative impact on the Axis. I guess it's not just my imagination!