Gamespy ID issue (password forgotten ><)

TheGreatGrrrr

Gamespy ID issue (password forgotten ><)

Hi all,

When Dawn of War first came out I registered a username online but never actually played, I've long forgotten the password to this account, and now I've got Dark Crusade and I've started playing a lot and watching replays I really want to get it online and get in on the action!

I have the password for my Gamespy stuff and I've looked at the website there but can't find anything related to DoW online accounts.

I've also tried creating a random account to see if there was some other problem, this worked fine.

Is there anyway of getting my user account back or am I going to have to think up another username?

Thanks for any help!

Your best bet would be to contact Gamespy regarding this issue; unfortunately we cannot help you and neither can Relic as it is purely Gamespy's turf.

TheGreatGrrrr
    Thanks for the reply, I'll see what Gamespy can do.

After some digging on the Gamespy site:

Who supports the Powered by GameSpy IN-game browser?Your game maker provides the support to any issues within your game including the In-game browser. Yes, we know it says "GameSpy" and we know our Support rocks! But truth be told, we sell the technology to the game maker and what happens after that is up to their support team to help you with.

Much like your car, when you need repair you take it back to the place you bought it. You don't call the fatory that makes the car. The retailer of the car is who provides support. In the same fashion, the retailer of the game, or game maker provides support to all components in their game.

GameSpy Arcade Customer Service cannot look up your login information or provide any assistance in changing your login or your password inside your game.

So if Relic can't help me no-one can.

Look on the bright side, at least you can make a new account, something which cannot happen if you forget all your details for other Relic titles.

TheGreatGrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS
    www.gamespyid.com
    That's one of the first places I tried, I have the details to my Gamespy ID account as mentioned, there's no reference in my account of Dawn Of War, nor could I find any reference to an online account bit for DoW on Gamespy.

The only thing I did find was the bit I posted above that tells us Gamespy license their technology to other companies and have nothing to do with it afterwards.

Now I have to think of an original username. My other online handles are taken too!

Thread Information