Happy Birthday "Battle of the Bulge"! 3 year! Halftrack and team thanks for mod.
Happy Birthday "Battle of the Bulge"! 3 year! Halftrack and team thanks for mod.
Congrats. Probably the best mod around!
however the current weapon system is kinda "lame" imo.
What's actually the reason behind you leaving CoH/Modding?
Lack of support on Relic's behalf, which ended up in my love for CoH dying. As much as I love making mods, I also love to play the default game online even more. When Relic stopped support for it for those few months, I slowly stopped playing and moved on to other games. I find that playing BotB during holidays is always great fun, and also Relic is now working on a new patch, so I'll be hanging around a bit.. but I doubt I'll get involved in any projects. Once holidays end I'll be busy again, with College this time.
I also played CoH much more online than playing a mod. However for the past few months (since august I think) I also kinda left that, with the simple reason of no patch support, and people started to abuse OP stuff more and more. On top of that there was an notable increase of map and drophacking, which completely ruined the fun for me, AGameAnx and AbcQ (not a member here).
I still love to make mods and play them from time to time as well and I'm sure I'll be back for playing vCoH again when the patch goes live. Though I really hope the current changelog will change before that.
It's good to still have you around PJ, you along with a few others have been an example for me.
Happy New Year everyone. I am just wondering if the BotB official forums (http://botb.fiffa.net) are working for everyone. Every page I click on I get an '#', and that's it.
Last edited by Fritz_Fraghof; 10th Jan 11 at 6:39 AM.
My other favorite mod : Forgotten Hope 2
Happy New Year from here as well, same for me on the BotB official forums, every page returns #
This has got to be one of my most favorite mods, such a great attention to detail. Thankyou!
Linux For The Win !
Best Mod for Company by far. Minimalism and detail so that every unit counts... This mod has the Game-play model!
A HELL OF A MOD. THE BEST EVER MADE IN COH...
Last edited by nemo; 20th Apr 11 at 1:51 PM.
A suggestion - would you consider removing the option to rotate buildings? The ai really doesn't handle this well. I believe the Blitzkrieg mod removed this option for this reason. It is quite common for me to see no vehicles being produced by the ai due to it not building a full base (this is especially acute if building space is a bit tight in the hq area).
Agree. Also, I am pretty sure that this "rotating building option" causes the "Fallschrimjager missing voice" issue..
Is there any news on the next version? Haven't heard anything in awhile.
lol,noI am pretty sure that this "rotating building option" causes the "Fallschrimjager missing voice" issue..
AI and speeches are a completely different thing.
Where are you halftrack? This mod is not ready to die. Tell us if you have any future plans for this mod. Thanks
Please do not ask for updates - this goes against forum rules and regulations. The modification will be updated whenever it is ready to be updated, and a mod team member will post news when that happens.
There is no need to reply to this post.
I am an Iron Warrior! Iron Within, Iron Without!
tell me and he will work with the 2.602?????
Ja, the mod dev teams don't owe anyone. All we players need to do are downloading the MODS, enjoy them, giving the feedback about bugs and problems, encouraging the dev-teams, so that we can get great mods.
China United Airline civil aircraft maintenance man
hey... back on track after some while.. hopefully I still find some time to update the Mod soon.
Has anyone of you guys who still plays BotB experienced troubles with the new patch 2.602 ?
Glad to see you back Halftrack! I just played a match against AI and did not encounter any problems so far.
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
I had a Not Responding moment with the game today. Could be because I only have 2GB of ram though (during a 4v4 skirmish) since it wasn't a Relic Report crash. Mod looks great and installed well with 2.602.
Add these Regiments to your units listing and BOTB would be properly historically accurate
Jan. 16-31, 1945 Battle of the Ardennes/Bulge
1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment
1st Canadian Parachute Battalion
The Canadian Forestry Corps
This was taken from 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion regimental history.
BELGIUM AND THE ARDENNES....THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE
On January 2, 1945, the Battalion arrived at the front to aid in pushing the Axis forces back, out of Belgium and the Ardennes. This would be the Battle of the Bulge. 1 Can Para was positioned to complete patrolling (both day and night) and defend against any enemy attempts to infiltrate the area. The battalion's push forward took them through the towns of Aye, Marche, Roy and Bande. The taking of Bande marked the end of the fight for the Bulge and the Battalion's participation in the operation.
The Canadian Forestry Corps from regimental history involvement in the Ardennes
..On 30 Nov the companies under command of Headquarters 7 Canadian Forestry District (B) were organized for defence, under American command, into three sub-areas Sate. Hubert, Houffalize and Spa, as a consequence of U.S. First Army intelligence that "a German attack was impending" (W.D., H.Q. 1 Cdn Forestry Gp Jan 45; Appx 10, Ferguson to Commander 1 Cdn Forestry Group 26 Jan 45). The American troops included in these defensive plans were "second line service troops" and included units of U.S. Combat Engineers.
21. On 16 Dec Field Marshal von Rundstedt launched an attack with a force of 24 divisions and broke through the American VIII Corps in the Ardennes sector on a 40 mile front. On the following evening the Canadian Forestry Corps companies received a "STAND TO" order and plans were made by Headquarters 7 Canadian Forestry District for a withdrawal should the German attack attain more serious proportions. American units did pull out of Spa during the following day. No. 16 Canadian Forestry Company thereupon followed suit as it was not equipped with A.Tk weapons or grenades and could not alone remain in defence of the town with its limited ammunition supply. It withdrew to Namur. Meanwhile, since No. 14 Company appeared to be "sitting in the centre of a Pincer move through Veilsalm and Bastogne", the Commander of 7 Canadian Forestry District (Lt.-Col. N.C. Ferguson) ordered it to pull out, taking along as much key equipment as possible.
22. On the morning of 19 Dec Lt.-Col. Ferguson moved his own Headquarters and the General Workshops to Sate. Hubert in order to operate more closely with the remaining four companies. By the time he arrived, however, Nos. 1, 9, 25 and 27 Companies were already on the move, having received orders from an American source to retire towards Givet. This move had been ordered after a false appreciation of the situation and later countermanding orders resulted in the companies moving back to their original positions during the night 19/20 Dec. Unit vehicles were kept loaded with technical stores and equipment, however, and all personnel remained on the alert, ready to move out or dig in and fight should the occasion warrant it. Heavy firing could be heard to the front and on the flanks but accurate information as to the depth of the German advance or disposition of American troops could not be obtained (W.D., 25 Coy C.F.C.: 21 Dec 44).
23. During the early morning of 20 Dec, No. 1 Canadian Forestry Company was assigned the task of aiding the American 158th Combat Engineer Battalion clear a wooded area in the vicinity of La Vacherie, suspected of containing some 40 German air borne troops. With the Americans on their left, the Canadian Foresters advanced in line through the thickets and underbrush, with two platoons up and one in reserve, but were not able to make contact with any Germans. This task finished and the American Engineer locality once more made secure, No. 1 company returned to its camp at Sate. Hubert. After a light meal the personnel turned in for the night, but not for long, as the diary entry for 21 Dec relates that:
Received another message at midnight, and were ordered to take up positions on roads around camp, and at the aerodrome. Everyone dug themselves in, and we were re-inforced (sic) by No. 25 Coy, C.F.C. Everyone just about out on their feet having little sleep or much to eat for the last few days. There seemed to be much confusion amongst the American lines of ommunication and no one seemed to be able to locate patrol or ration dumps. American armour pulled out from LaVacherie at about 0800 hours and at 0925 hours were received word they were returning to LaVacherie, which failed to materialize. At 1200 hours received a verbal message from Lieut. Rice, and our own D.R. and U.S. Forces were leaving Sate. Hubert, and advising us to do likewise. Cleared camp at 1230 hours proceeding directly to Brussels arriving at 2200 hours into billets partly used by British Survey Engineers. Everyone dead beat. (W.D., No. 1 Coy C.F.C.: 21 Dec 44).
24. Orders to withdraw were also received by the other three companies on 21 Dec. Withdrawal to Brussels was completed satisfactorily but, although they were able to take a considerable amount of their technical equipment with them the six companies had had to abandon 21 sawmills in the Ardennes (W.D., No. 25 Coy C.F.C.: 20-21 Dec 44; W.D., H.Q. 1 Cdn Forestry Gp: December 1944, Appx 12; C.M.H.Q. file 1/Forestry/1/4: Macklin to C. of S., C.M.H.Q., 4 Jan 45). The companies then were assigned other timber areas in the vicinity of Brussels, Antwerp, charleroi, Louvain and Lierre.
Last edited by canarbn3com; 11th Jun 11 at 10:25 PM.
I really don't see how adding the Canadians would consider this Mod More Historically accurate.
Not sure where La Vacherie is but the other Towns you mentioned are just wayyyy to far to the West considering the Dates you provided..
And I don't consider their involvement in the original campaign to warrant adding them.
Personally I think the best upgrade would be to have all the maps to include the options of both day/night changes during game play
(or vise-versa)as well as more snow in-game.
Fog would also be a nice addition if possible.
I do feel the Mod could also use an upgrade to weapon sounds.(I have some if interested? something around 68 weapon sounds similar to these posted)
An example being maybe something like this for the .88MM
And maybe this for the Garand
One more for laughs.3" Gun
I don't know if you like the sound idea or not.
Just a thought
Last edited by Platoon_Michael; 15th Jun 11 at 4:55 AM.
Fog+sound pack idea; Agree. Love these close combat weapon sounds matey..
Last edited by nemo; 16th Jun 11 at 3:09 AM.
hi there guys ummm...@Platoon_Michael you got a PM
R.I.P.(Requiescat in pacem) loran korn & MrScruff
Normandy 44:European Theater Team Member (s0uNds t3sTeR,fOrUmS Ass!stAnt,c0d¡ng c0nsUltaNt)
Funny enough, since getting a new computer and upgrading to Win7 32bit, i sometimes have BotB freezing up and becomming unresponsive. An error message comes up under the game window, but i can't get it to show on top no matter that i do. Oddly enough, so far it only happens on community and BotB maps, the mod has played like a dream on Relic maps and the community maps included in the CoH patches from their map contests.
Still, i'm finally getting to enjoy BotB on max graphics settings, and Low settings certainly can't compare!
i'm the only one who's still on Botb.fiffa.net? i've uploaded image yesterday
and in multiplayer i can't see a single person. come iin
LD, I really recommend - no matter what your computer specs are - to turn off Ultra Shaders (=DX10) and set it to High (=DX9). Also, to show that message you are talking about, just alt-tab to your desktop, hover over CoH in the windows menu bar, and then hover over the error message, dont click it.
@Platoon: ohhh ummm...sorry didn't noticed :P
now it's clear
I see there is a new Patch to download,does anyone know if it will effect my ability to plat BotB?
phew.. seems as I havent been here for ages again.. RL sucks all of my time atm...
The new patch does not alter anything of engine or game mechanisms, so the mod should still work normally.
Havent heard anything else yet.
Okay, and to give you guys a ( veryvery small ) sign that BotB is not really kicking yet, but alive.
I put some new units in, still doing winterizing, but heres a the first:
the M8 "Scott" as published by DMz and Eliwood. Placed into the new 6p Map "Assenois".
and @canarbn3com: No, I will definetly NOT put Candadian units in, just because there were some units around at the very end of the battle.
@Platoon Michael: In an older version, we had a gamescript , that added RANDOM weather to some maps, ( clear, foggy, snow )
which also altered unit behaviour like sight range, speed, and weapon accuracy. But the scar guys left CoH Modding,
and as the last big CoH patch came ( 2.5) I took it out of the mod, cause I wasnt able to check it for compability.
I am not that into SCAR. But maybe it will make a re-appearance.
Good to hear that the best mod is not dead Do you have plans to mod any more battles? Because your way of historically modding a specific battle is the best i think.
Welcome back once again HT, good to see some updates! I think the next version will have some cool new vehicles that really fit into BotB.
Me too. I really like what DmZ and Eli have developed recently.
so these are the other new vehicles atm:
- 75mm Infantry Gun leIG 18
- 75mm StuH SdKfz 251/9
- 15mm StuP IV "Brummbaer"
- Sdkfz 250/9 with 20mm Flak
I think I will add Elis Pz IV H & Panther G, too. Maybe.
I am missing some random skin modification, as I love the actual one in the mod, which Slayyerknecht made.
and I am definetly looking forward to Dmz/Eli s Moebelwagen.
of course a new and animated model will be in for the PW 42 and Sturmtiger.
Wow! The 75mm HMC M8 looks great there!
As for the Sturmpanzer IV, I am working on both a mid and late version, so hopefully I can have those ready for you soon. I am also developing a late SdKfz 250/9, based on the Neu Arte chassis.
How far along are your PW 42 and Sturmtiger? If you need help animating them, I can definitely help if Tankdestroyer is busy with school.
I hope the Panzerwerfer's animations get fixed, they are in dire need of work ATM.
the base building rotation might wanna be disabled while at it as well, me and my teammates did about a dozen test run of the maps vs AIs, and in over half of them the AIs bugged out and ceased to produce their production buildings like the same case plaguing old blitzkrieg and other mods that used to allow the base building rotation.
until someone figure out why it's causing it, it is probably not worth leaving the option there and giving the players a 50/50 chance that the AI might just simply go bonker and not produce any base structure. Sure ideally we play it vs humans all the time but even then i am not quite sure i would exactly miss it in the matches so far if i couldn't rotate the base building.
you wouldnt.. it will be disabled for the next version. made the same experiences myself.
Panzerwerfer is finished, and I just received the Sturmtiger from TD, but honestly didnt find time
to test it. Busy with work. Hopefully I find time again in late August...
There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)