Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

New gaming studio? (exoriare.com) [relic related?]

Can anyone translate that a bit better? I find it very hard to interpret.
    Last.fm
    I'm talking about vibes dude! - Octopus Rex
    This is chess, not checkers.

Moe can fix it (sorry, it had to be said).
    Look at the bright side, kid - you get to keep all the money.

According to the Press release, the makers of the site are the ones who made the highest ranking RTS game on gamerankings.com. That's Company of Heroes.

Just a little addon. The glyphs on the background of the log-in page say "What once was, what now is"

Feel free to speculate if this hints to an upcoming game of theirs (time related, maybe the aztec doomsday) etc.
    It's not nytti you &%!*¤@ !!
    "Not a teamplayer and a complete fucking idiot"
    - Playing sniper since 2001

GAINT SHIPS SHIPS SO BIG THAT THEY CAN EAT STARS

My guess is aliens and doomsday, maybe with a Mayan twist. Yay for new IP's!!

Did a quick little calculation, and at the current rate the hit counter is going up, it's going to take nearly 14 days to reach 122112 hits. So unless shitloads of websites start to carry the news, we're going to be sitting here for a while.

7. Homeworld Senior Member  #82
    I did some digging and found: http://www.smokingguninc.com/ which appears to be their website (but its blank right now) and http://www.smokinggungames.com redirects to the first one (all the domain registration stuff matches to exoriare.com)

Interesting too is that quondam is latin for "That once was", on top of the glyphs that translate to "What once was, what now is" as nyyti pointed out, it gives me odd BSG vibes.

But they are probably working on barbie fashion Designer 2: Quandam Horse or something like that.

Someone explain what "IP" actually stands for other than internet protocol? The Relic microcosm uses it a lot and I don't see it anywhere else. K, it was just the actual acronym I didn't get.

Edit:
    Did a quick little calculation, and at the current rate the hit counter is going up, it's going to take nearly 14 days to reach 122112 hits. So unless shitloads of websites start to carry the news, we're going to be sitting here for a while.
    VM doesn't really work that way though, basic statistics say that the rate will go up the more exposure it gets. It's already spreading nicely. If every hit produces three more hits, it could be done in three days.

AAAAH! The Styx and stones! They're breaking my bones! The Ferryman, Futurama

Intellectual property

Intellectual Property. In this case all the backgrounds or universes they use for their games. Warhammer 40k would be an IP.
    Bruffalo on IRC.

This is NOT related to Relic or our games in any way. It was started by John Johnson who used to work at Relic but works for a different game studio now.

Hope that clears things up.

Ok, changing title.
    "Taken at face value, we were clearly mad. Actually, I believe we're clearly mad most of the rest of the time, so go fething figure."
    -Colm Corbec, at Hagia

I love such mistery stuff!
    Hell yeah nice site
    The truth is out there!

Well, we'll see what happens with ex-Relicers in the near future.
    "In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make." ~Paris Hilton

15. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #90
    This is like Blizzard Devs forming Flagship Studios and making Hellgate London.

I expect nothing but pure awesomeness.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information