I am impressed, very impressed, with the demo of Homeworld 2. I've played through the tutorial, the single player missions, and played for about 3 hours with a friend vs the AI.
The game is excellent - but this is the feedback forum, right?
- Gung Ho Ships - when there's a battle going on on the other side of the 'map', and I make a number of interceptor squadrons, they have a tendency to fly all the way over and get into the battle. This means that I have no shortcut to grab control of them, and when I go to do it... they're all already dead after attacking a gunship corvette. It's practically impossible to make a feint attack without half your fleet rushing to the defence of the doomed scout/interceptor wing. I didn't think it was possible, but I've actually had 2 torpedo frigates that I'm sure I set to 'passive' running after a resource collector.
- Turret Targeting - the Gun and Ion turrets do not, by default, attack enemy resource collectors. Change possible?
- Shadows bug - needs fixing
- Build menu - when I'm running at 1600*1200, this thing is taking up about a quarter of the screen. Very irritating.
- The ship listing in the upper right from the original. Back please!
- Is it possible to make the 'Queue' screen permanantly visible instead of being able to close it by hitting 'esc' (eg: You have the queue on, open up a build menu, hammer escape to close it, and the queue goes as well)
- Could we have the 'double click on ship type selects all of ship type on screen' back?
- Seems to be a little bit of a lack of 'feedback' on what damage Pulsar Corvettes are doing - you don't get a feel for the power of the gun at all, they feel very weak
- Could we have a definition of how strike groups work somewhere? Extremely confusing... inconsistent results when I use them.
All I can think of at the moment. I'm very impressed with the game, love the 'hull breach' effect you get with a scorched hole in the exterior of ships and flames pouring out. Oh, and the guns. And the ion beams.... and.... and...