Any way to find your cd key if you lost the box?

suicidalmilk

Any way to find your cd key if you lost the box?

Anyone know of a way to find your cd-key? I lost the box for the game and can't find it for the life of me. I've got the game installed and tried searching through my registry to find it, but came up empty. Any ideas? Thanks.

Black_Duck_1
    In Windows registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\THQ\Company of Heroes

or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\THQ\Company of Heroes

It depends if you have 32-bit or 64-bit version. or you can just search the registry for "Company of Heroes" or "ProductKey"

The key is on the manual, not the box.

Just type regedit in the Run window and you can navigate to the folders Black_Duck_1 is talking about

Count of product keys in XP registry

Hi there!

I have additional question to this thread: How many product keys should be in the XP registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\THQ\Company of Heroes)?

I checked my registry and there are only 2 product keys... I thought that i will find 3 of them because i have all three CoH games (vCoH, CoH:OF and CoH:ToV).
    Where could be stored third product key? I am using czech version of game. I have installed all three games in order as they have been released.
    Please could anybody tell me how is it possible and why is one key missing? All the content from all three CoH games works normally (all campaigns, factions and maps are accessible)...
    I have record in my registry as follows: (sure, i replaced genuine numbers with letter x)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\THQ]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\THQ\Company of Heroes]
    "CoHProductKey1"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
    "CoHProductKey"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
    "InstallState"="Installed"
    "CoHInstallState"="Installed"

So i dont know which key belongs to which part of CoH game...

I plan to reinstall WinXP including CoH but i cant to start it because i cant find boxes with manuals where these numbers are written

Could anyone help me please? I need to clean reinstall my corrupted OS as soon as possible and i would like to install my best-loved game immediately.

Many thanks for any advice!
    smash

----------
    SOLUTION FOUND

Hi again!

So i can reply to my previous post myself now. I spent some time searching for file where could be product keys stored besides XP registry and... i got it!

I have found third product key in c:\Documents and Settings\User\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\Cache\login_cache.bin
    There are stored all 3 keys so I compared them with 2 previously found in registry and result is as follows:
    CoHProductKey1 (from registry record) is CoH:Opposing fronts.
    CoHProductKey (from registry record) is CoH:Tales of Valor.
    missing-one was from vCoH ;-)
    I have all of them now and i can start clean reinstall of OS and whole CoH.

I hope this could help to anybody with same problem in the future...

Thread Information