In January is the official Doubles Tournament at Nottingham GWHQ. For this event, myself and my buddy are going to be putting together a firebase using Tau and Eldar.
My 500pt Alpha-stage Eldar list
- 10 Dire Avengers; Exarch (Shimmer + PowerSword, Bladestorm).
- 3 Dark Reapers
- 10 Guardians; Eldar Missile Launcher Platform
Note: This leaves around 123pts spare to which must be spent in Fast (if I am to take the Reapers), or, if I choose against the Reapers, 228pts must be spent in HQ, Troops or Fast.
The force I will be complementing is very loosely shown below:
Tau Firebase Alpha-stage list
- Tau Commander Shas'el; plasma rifle, twin linked missile pods and multitracker
- 3 x 8 Fire Warriors
- Broadside; Railgun, Smart Missile System
- Crisis Suit; plasma rifle, twin linked missile pods and multitracker
The actual armaments are still under debate, however they will mostly be packing Anti-MEQ and Anti-Vehicle loadouts.
So there we have it - any recommendations for the final piece in my Eldar list?
Some of my thoughts
- Warp Spiders could be useful (nightmare to paint however)
- Shining Spears are always delectable in large units (5 strong)
- I fancy getting some Swooping Hawks, however their effectiveness is highly questionable at this competitive level.
- I have a Forgeworld Avatar, which could pose a good counter-charge... or a points sink.
- I'm trying to stay away from vehicles since they have the possibility of arriving as late as the 5th game turn.