This all stared with a thread in Company of Heroes GD started by Mikkow. He wanted to discourage the use of blobs with a few simple rules. Im just going to quote his rules to save me the trouble.
No deleting trenches. (Reason: That troops could 'scuttle' a hole in the ground instantly is more absurd than scuttling most things. Also balances out the brit-trenches a bit).
1. No "Heroic Charge" (Reason: This ability greatly promotes blobbing, both by boosting the troops, making them bypass most anti-blob mechanics, and encouraging them to gather into a tight area instead of using cover)
2. No more than two Commando teams at any time (From the 3 Command Point Commando glider, not the Commando HQ Glider) on map. A soft-cap? (Reason: Commandos are OP)
1. PanzerGrenadiers built from HQ building may not spend munitions to upgrade to MP44 and PanzerSchreck. (Reason: Having access to the (next to the FG42) best infantry carried Anti-Tank and Anti-Infantry weapons already promotes blobs. To have them even more accessible by choosing to spend munitions or manpower to get them, and to be able to retrofit older squads, makes for a 'no PanzerGrenadier left behind' kind of policy where they all benefit to make the blob useful).
2. Fallschirmjägers may not spend munitions to upgrade to FG42. (Reason: FG42 is overpowered. Fallschirmjägers are not meant to be blobbed Anti-infantry units, but more of a sneaky commando raiding type unit. The FG42 causes Fallschirmjäger spam and encourages adding them to blobs).
1. No more than two "Ranger" squads on field at the same time. Another soft-cap. (Reason: Rangers are overpowered for their cost. They obsoletes the other infantry and encourage blobs).
Updated v2: (11-11-07, 10:51 PM EST)
-Changed Sandbags to normal. You can use them to wall off an area now. I need to work on it withough breaking sandbags completly...
Updated (11-13-07, 10:52 PM EST):
-Added a working .sga version for OF.
1. The "FairPlay" folder and "FairPlay.module" file goes in your main CoH directory, "C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes"
2. The "FairPlay.English.ucs" file goes in: (From your CoH directory) "Engine\Locale\English\", beside the "RelicCOH.English.ucs"
To launch the mod, make a copy of your CoH shortcut and name it FairPlay. Right click on it and go to Properties. At the end of the "Target" line, add:
-modname FairPlay -nomovies
The target should read:
"C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -modname FairPlay -nomovies
when your done.