Steel Legion DC - Released. Dec 24th 07

Steel Legion DC - Released. Dec 24th 07

I know many of you guys never delve into the mod forums as it's rare any major releases occur there. As the original *Race* mod for Dawn of War however I think you all should try this one out.

Steel Legion is an built from scratch multi-branched race mod for Dawn of War. Please give it a try, the more that try it the more decent online players there will be.

Keep an eye on this thread.

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=175480

Consider this a Christmas Present from the entire Steel Legion team.

http://dev.steellegion.org/DC/Steel_...DC_Setup_1.zip

Apologies for the not so amazing installer, It's the first time I ever made one. Expect the sound patch to be better in that regard .

I'll update this first post with other official mirrors later. It will also go onto DoW files.

We've got other things we'd like to have fixed first and it's unlike us to release with that in mind. But since none of it really effects gameplay we decided the wait had been long enough.

And remember that during this time of year if you happen to see an guy in red flying in an anti grav sled pulled by horned beasts, be sure to report him to your local Inquisitor where he will be duly processed and interrogated for crimes against the Imperium and demonic possession.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Release notes:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dawn of Steel - Steel Legion Mod DC v1.0

Playing the game - Start up Dark Crusade, Select Steel Legion from the Mod manager.

This is the release version of the mod featuring the Imperial Guard regiment of Armageddon called 'The Steel Legion'.

Notable Features:

- Diverse new race including over 30 units and 9 buildings.
    - All units are army paintable.
    - Many upgrades for units.
    - Most units have a random displayed look.
    - New scale for tank units, to be more equal to tabletop.
    - Extended AI that let's you play against steel legion.

New Features specific to DC:

- Pick between 2 unique doctrines Mechanised Infantry and Armoured Company from the HQ building.
    - New tanks.
    - New upgrades
    - New FX, new fixes, Sounds, etc.

Requirements:

- Original Dawn of War : Dark Crusade game made by Relic and distributed by THQ.
    - Dark Crusade patch 1.2.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Credits -

Developer Team - DC Version
    ==============

Production / Head: Maestrorobertus

Coding / Design: Shingouki

Interface Design and FX: Jok, RedG, Shingouki.

New Unit Models / Textures : Maestrorobertus / Jok

New Unit Anims : Shingouki

New Building Anims / FX : Compiler

Additional Voices : Mel Danes, Mr Heiney

AI: Thudmeizer and his team: Larkin, Flenser and Corsix

Laziest Member award = Jok, Shingouki tied for 1st place.

Most Vacations taken = Maestrorobertus.

Please check WA / DoW credits for all the people who worked hard to make that version possible.
    Last edited by ShinGouki; 24th Dec 07 at 7:57 AM.

this was the best mod i ever played

downloading, enough said

Battle Barge "Litany of Fury", orbiting above planet Kronus
    Thanks a lot for such great Christmas present! Will download it as soon as I get home from work.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Droids_R
    I loved the WA version, can't wait to play this. Great work team!

Excellent Mod

Excellent mod Steel Legion Team. I really like the changes from the WA version.

Woohamer40
    who done the voice for the dude with the Molotov cocktails?

TanEdos
    sweet Dling now installing when I get home I can't believe i'm working today. MEH!

Fantastic news! With this, Daemon Hunters, plus the upcoming Witch Hunters and Tyranids mod, that's eleven races in Dawn of War, not including SoulStorm! You modders are really expanding the scope of the game, well done.

Merry christmas one and all. Fantastic!
    I appear to have a gibbon hanging from my arse.

That is, without a doubt, the most moving screenshot I have seen in years. From the hissing after-blast of the Stormblade's cannon to the effect of the dust kicked into the air from the Blade's treads, to the Legionaire up front keeping watch, it makes for a magnificent image. I am downloading this Mod specifically because of it, and if anyone gets in my way they will feel my wrath.

Striker
    There could be a major balance problem. Maybe I couldn't find it or the information is just not in the unit boxes, but when I played against Tau I realized I had no early detection for the stealth suits.

use sentinels for detection.

Hi striker, there are 4 main types of stealth detection. I didnt have time to make an proper manual before christmas so it's probably not obvious *some help text needs updating too*.

Tier 1 -
    Turrets detect stealth
    Armoured Co - Sentinels detect stealth
    Mechanised - Infantry sergeants have small stealth detection. Plan to have an deployable scanner in the patch.

Later on they also get the salamander which has a large detection radius. Hope this helps. .

Downloadin' nao.

WA version was awesome, it had the right feel of the Steel Legion, and some very nice and innovative stuff.
    Plus voices and audio were great for a mod X]

http://i42.tinypic.com/33p7qfc.jpg
    ^ ALL HAIL DEH GREAT EMPRAH ^

downloading now. there needs to be a offical MOD server so ppl can make mod games online, sinse trying to make one in normal lobby useless sinse no 1 ever seems to join and mostly doesnt find them.

i belive eye of terror the unoffical mod server, so hopefuly someone will host some steal legion games there.

WE NEED MORE MOD GAMES ONLINE!

One solution could be to make an official SL hamachi server. Could an mod let me know if this is actually allowed?

Unlike all the other forumites, I will actually tell you that I'm from the UK.
    Anyone up for a game of bunker 149 with the Steel Legion?

=D

how do you play it? i went into my dark crusade game manager and it not there...

19. Dawn of War II Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #19
    That screenshot made me wet my pants. Holy hell that is one big plasma gun.
    You should check out Priority Vox Channel Secundus, a blog!

A dragon's tooth in a mortal's hand, I kill, I maim, I rule the land!
    Yay, its finaly ready for Dark crusade...........now you've got to do it again for Soulstorm

............that was a joke before any one shoots me

That screenshot made me wet my pants. Holy hell that is one big plasma gun.
    Thats a titan killer weapon, its not called a blast gun or a plasma gun - its called a plasma blast gun.

Kudos on the mod, very well done. One thing is the voices, I know its a mod and all, but they seem to sound like some guy sitting in his basement with a microphone :P Sorry to say that, rest of the mod is AAA.

"Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none."

First post

...will it work?
    Howdy folks. new to this forum, but I've found there's a wealth of strategy info, trouble shooting tips and great links to mods and maps. The steel legion one is fun. Really fun. And I can't play 'guard' for sh#t. I've been playing Tau online and doing not too badly, but this mod makes me want to learn guard/SL. I hope we can work out who wants to play this mod and when... would it make sense to post, perhaps somehow in one reply(people could send times to me for example and I could edit them in?). I don't mean anything set in stone, but something like this, I might be around 7-10pm EST.
    Anyways. Hopefully this mod gets some play because it's well worth it. Nice voices, nice graphics, and a different approach to tech.
    Thank you very much!

Brownie210
    I've downloaded it and tried it out. It seems pretty good. I was a little disappointed Yarrick wasn't named. Otherwise, a lot of fun to be had.

Also, is it just me or do those Steel Legion soldiers just die off in droves under fire?

Is this Mod an Update to the Legendary Mod for WA?

"Blessed is the Mind too small for Doubt." - Chaplain

Also, is it just me or do those Steel Legion soldiers just die off in droves under fire?
    i noticed this too, also has the game balance been changed and unit scales been modded???

lastly, is there anywhere where we can make suggestions and feedback? sinse there are some issues that need to be fixed, mostly to do with balance issues.

p.s anyone tryied playing choas on hard difficulty???.. boy they evil as hell, i cant beat them,

26. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #26
    One solution could be to make an official SL hamachi server. Could an mod let me know if this is actually allowed?
    There's nothing wrong with Hamachi. If you get more people playing your mod this way, go for it. Also, pimped.

werewolf
    is there any known bug problems with this mod???

Thanks a lot Moe much appreciated .

Thanks, Shingouki!

I was quite amazed for the WA release for the Steel Legion. Can't wait to see what's in this one.
    i told you it cant be removed, if you dont like that as an answer then go fuck yourself.
    - soulblighter

This is an incredibly fun mod, and a fairly well-balanced one to boot. I wish that the Imperial Guard were this flexible all the time.

One question though. Most of the voices in the game are good, but a few seem a tad off. Would the Steel Legion modders be interested in additional voice talent? I've done a lot of VA work in the past and would like to lend my vocal talentry.

Mad props to the Mod. The Stormblade is the single most fun thing I've played with in weeks, and the Plasma Destroyer it has was enough to keep me laughing like an idiot for days.

The *patch* when released will be mostly a voice patch and any critical bug fixes. If you think you can add a little extra flavour then sure, I'll get you in contact with our sound guys so you can work with them and see if you can provide anything suitable. Thanks for the offer.

EXCELLENT

Time to go out and buy a better Mic. Thanks, ShinGouki!

I seem to be having trouble installing. I manage to get all the way to finish but when I head to the game manager nothing's there?

Secured a new Mic. Sweet.

I seem to be having trouble installing. I manage to get all the way to finish but when I head to the game manager nothing's there?
    Make sure you have DC 1.2 Installed. 1.0 had some kind of jiggery-pokery going on with the game manager; it didn't work correctly.

I'm pretty sure I do. You wouldn't happen to know how to check would you?

Did you installed it into the right folder?

37. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #37
    I'm pretty sure I do. You wouldn't happen to know how to check would you?
    AFAIK it should list the version on the main menu screen. Failing that, find your warnings.log file in your DoW: DC directory and open it with a text editor, it'll contain the version number. Or you can just go online, it'll complain about being outdated if you're not on 1.2.

Love the Legion, but, S.O.S.

it's giving me trouble when I play online Multi-player games. Or try to. 2 seconds in, 'Sync error detected.' I know that sync errors have been addressed elsewhere, but as anyone here been getting that problem also? The person who I tried playing a SL game with also gets 'em with Multi-player. It's gonna be hard to get a following if we can't play this online with ease.
    I still think it's a great game, a marvel of the Adeptus Mechanikus...

Did you installed it into the right folder?
    Always in the DC folder?

And thanks Moe, yeah I am 1.2.

Draich
    The Stormblade is sweeeet! And the Basilisk actually hurts. I just cant get used to the Rocket Launchers and the slow Stormtroopers, used to Kasrkins on go-pills.

BK Bass
    Graet mod! Love it!

Panzern00b21
    This is great. I thought it died, i guess im wrong. I hope to see more from this mod in the future, may the emperor watch over this mod.

Panic
    Is there a way to make this mod work in Campaign?

Thread Information