2 8.33%
  • Ignorance is Bliis

8 33.33%
  • Metal on Mettle

0 0%

[Fluff] Warhammer 40k Short Story Competition Voting Thread

[Fluff] Warhammer 40k Short Story Competition Voting Thread

Original Thread

Well now that the stories have been collected, it's time to vote for your favourite one. Read them all first! And then Re-read them! And then re-read them some more! There is no point in voting if you merely read the first story and decide you can't be bothered reading the rest.

Good luck to the anonymos contestants . I was slightly disapointed at the amount of entries but hopefully if there is a next time, we may have more support .

The identities of the Authors will be identified at the end of the Voting phase at the same time as the winner is announced.

As i said, good luck!

Voting closes on the 1st of February.

And Now For The Stories....................................

Terminator

Emperor Guide Our Path!

Visions

The Darkness That Befalls Us

Ignorance Is Bliss

Metal On Mettle

Last edited by Andkat; 5th Feb 08 at 3:29 PM.
    "Celtic fans right now sit in silence and watch, and hope that the damage doesn't get any worse from this Graham Carey free kick. Away by Wilson. Teale. Still options waiting in the middle for St. Mirren...OH, AND THEY HAVE ANOTHER ONE! It's stunning! It's absolutely stunning at Hampden park! And it's Steven Thompson, who scores his thirteenth goal of the season, and that might just be the goal that takes St. Mirren into the league cup final!" - 27/01/2013

It's votin' time! Good luck everyone!

Forgot to add voting poll!

ARgggg.....................................!

Can a mod help me out here? The options are simply the names of the Stories in the Spoilers. Thx in advance.

4. Tabletop Senior Member  #4
    You will see me again at the Gates of Saint Romanos...

Poll

Blah Blah Made a poll
    If you feel that a Backstory thread or post deserves a sticky, then please post your recommendation in the List of Useful Threads Thread. Backstory & Fluff Forum Rules.

Go Andkat!

6. Tabletop Senior Member  #6
    You will see me again at the Gates of Saint Romanos...
    Predictably enough, I also spelled two of the titles wrong.

As i said, go andkat! lol.

In my day, we made our OWN war Robert Frazer's Avatar
    And seeing as Andkat helpfully resolved your quandary, I took the liberty of removing your plea from the title as well, and sticking this thread up in place of the old one.

"Power of... PEDANTRY!"

"Power of... LOGGORHEA!"

"WONDER MOD POWERS - ACTIVATE!"

Last edited by Robert Frazer; 15th Jan 08 at 2:12 PM.
    A young clerk thought that Curzon's memorandum was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he wrote faintly in the margin, "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
    -Sir Alan Lascelles

Read through half of them so far. I see we were all the victim of the perils of the evil conflicting format daemon, no italics and messed up paragraph breaks makes it a bit hard to read but I guess it's not a big deal since everyone has the same problem.
    "Everyone has their own god to kill for, they just all have different names."

Allegiances: My 40k fanfic

Sorry about that. But if i was to seriously go through every story, sentence by sentence, to put things in Italics and put para breaks in (when i don't even no where they were supposed to go), then i would probably waste around 5hrs of my life that i don't have to spare. Sorry everyone but we're just going to have to put up with it.

And anyway, i am not allowed to change any of the stories i am sent unless i realy realy need to. So i just have to post them as they are sent to me.

No problem, I tried to fix the formatting to work in the forums but it looks like when I sent you the PM the forum hid all my formatting! Anyhow don't worry about it, thanks for hosting the competition!

12. Tabletop Senior Member  #12
    Beer Drinking Bomb Dropper Exetus's Avatar
    You have to add tags to everything, I guess... it was pretty annoying to see my PM preview look like a congealed mass o' crap, but hey, it could always be worse and it's a lot better than trying to just type it up here on the forums...
    I've taken my signature back!!!

... but I've got no idea what to put here now...

Yeah I added the tags, but when Shoota Fodder got the PM it showed up without them (though formatted properly) the thing was when he pasted it into the actual competition page it didn't bring the tags along with it so it went back to plain text. I certainly don't blame Shoota Fodder for the problem, it was a pain to do those tags just for my story, I can't imagine doing all six! I'm sure everyone can still understand the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Andkat
    Blah Blah Made a poll
    I just realised that that is the shortest ever post i've read from Andkat .

15. Tabletop Senior Member  #15
    You would think he would have gone into a page-long dissertation on how and why he made the poll, the history of polls, the intrinsic value of an anonymous poll and why it would behoove everyone to vote in this poll, thus garnering us increased support for any future such competitions. In the absence of just such a post, I feel... almost... cheated :P.

Hahaha if I ever include a savant character in one of my stories his name will definitely be Andkat.

17. Tabletop Senior Member  #17
    Ok, so there have been over 250 looks at this thread and, even discounting those of us checking on the results, 14 people seems like a middling number. Come on people... there was a lot of hard work put into this, also there are people who worked hard but couldn't finish their submissions in time... give them the respect to at least read the stories and submit your vote.

Good work everyone! It took me a while to read through all of that, and I think maybe that's why the voting is so light at this point - there's a lot to read!
    "Alright Kiff, let's show them what a bloated, runaway defense budget can do!" - Zapp Brannigan

I thought as much. I guess the number of entries is a bit of a double edged sword.
    Last edited by Shoota Fodder; 22nd Jan 08 at 2:27 PM.

In my day, we made our OWN war Robert Frazer's Avatar
    I'm working through a bereavement at present, so I regret that haven't the time to read and consider these stories now, - but I would encourage forumers to submit their votes to Shoota Fodder, to show their appreciation for the authors' efforts and help support the muse. I certainly would like to see these contests become more widespread, as a source of inspiration is always something which can revitalise and invigorate the forums - and if this is successful, future contests can include wider themes! Print a story off and read it in bed instead of that soppy teen romance, perhaps .
    Last edited by Robert Frazer; 22nd Jan 08 at 4:12 PM.

Aye, what he said .

As he politly pointed out, people have put a massive amount of effort into there entries and they are of very high quality to say the least. You don't even have to read them all at once. You could read one then do something for a while and then come back again and read the rest. Remember there is a large amount of time to Vote so you don't need to kill yourself reading them all in one sitting .

Oh, and awsome signature Rob .

22. Child's Play Donor  #22
    A strong showing by all, but my vote goes to Visions. Quite an abrupt ending but the build-up is great. An honourable second place for Ignorance is Bliss, too.
    Winter is coming.

Wyl1e

V Good

I Voted for ignorence is bliss.
    Over all a great read all of them.

Wow getting down to the line here!

The Chaplain
    Love Terminator. I can't resist a good duel.

Last day of voting, looks like we have a winner!

27. Tabletop Senior Member  #27
    Not quite... still about 11 1/2 hours to go as of the time I post this...

My vote goes to Ignorance is Bliss
    Holy cow, one of the best fanfic I've ever come across!

Followed closely by Terminator.
    Last edited by Cassidy85; 1st Feb 08 at 4:53 AM. Reason: unclean typo purged
    Cowards die in Shame!

My vote goes to the Termie (everyone loves a good fight)

Ze End..........

And.... its over.

The votes have been colected and the winner is Exetus with his story, Ignorance Is Bliss. Congrats!

Thank you for taking part and you win this free comemorative cookie!

In second we had a tie between Terminator by Spinarx and Visions by WiegrafFolles.

In third came Emperor Guide Our Path by Imrix and in fourth was Invictus' Metal On Mettle.

A congratulations to all for taking part and i hope to see you all join in on our next version of the the Relic Forums 40k short story colection of backstory and fluff......

Thread Information