Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Team Automatch BETA Community Bug List

TooDamNice
    I played a couple of 1v1s with a buddy and the games ended before the VP=0 and before one of the bases was destroyed. Anyone else seen this? The VPs remaining were small - 2 and 3 -but tht's not the point. I have comeback to win with 1 point. The servers are still up when the games end. This happens everytime I play 1v1 basic games.

I played a couple of 1v1s with a buddy and the games ended before the VP=0 and before one of the bases was destroyed. Anyone else seen this? The VPs remaining were small - 2 and 3 -but tht's not the point. I have comeback to win with 1 point. The servers are still up when the games end. This happens everytime I play 1v1 basic games.
    I can confirm this. All of the VP games I have played in the latest patch have ended when me/my team had 2vp remaining.

Updated the list with some dev feedback.

Is there any note on the double send messages? It's not really game breaking but it gets annoying after some time
    "Ammon, your wrath is indeed fearful, but Scoia... he devours your soul." - Meatkin

23:01 - Officer MORE SEXY: well you can never see enough mangina I suppose :P
    23:01 - Officer Sexy: That's true, it's something you need to experience more than once to fully appreciate

there is also something strange of noticed, ocassionally when WEHR mortar teams die while doing a barrage, the Mortar will continually fire for a short period of time.

WNxGhazghkull
    the strafing run damage must be a bugg as right now it kills everything in its path from where it enter the field to where it exit the field and its damage is HUGE nothing that can be harmed by it survives and i was in a game where my m8 lost hes whole army consisting of 2460 mp of vet 3 troops and lost it all to a single strafing run due to it wont leave anyone alive anytime this need a serious fix asap

I've gotten/seen/heard a few bugs as of Feb/1/08

First one is that SE PE can place Booby traps on points they don't control (haven't seen it just heard of it).

Overwatch appears to be unable to shoot over buildings and it, may of been my placement but I thought overwatch would not be affected by objects in its path like regular arty.

Also on your friends list sometimes you will have your offline and online people switch so if I have 60 offline friends and 2 online friends it may be displayed sometimes as "Online: 60 Offline: 2" and then fix itself.

1v1 automatch has also been acting weird, I had selected Brits as my faction and when the game started and began loading i was American

Other then that(s) great patch!
    Last edited by BoDyBaG2224; 1st Feb 08 at 6:32 PM.

1v1 automatch has also been acting weird, I had selected Brits as my faction and when the game started and began loading i was American
    That's not Beta related, it happened before the Beta as well. I opened a thread regarding this problem back 2.1xx days but with 2.201 it disapeared (at least until yesterday where I ended up as US instead of Brits).

First one is that SE PE can place Booby traps on points they don't control (haven't seen it just heard of it).
    That is normal, you can booby trap everything that isn't controlled by your enemy, so putting them on neutral points has always worked. Great combo with scorched earth BTW.

Thank you tod. People were screaming in chat that it was a bug and I had never noticed or knew if you could or not.

Tod, i interpreted the original post as PGs being able to booby trap enemy controlled points, which would be strange. But i guess i didnt read that carefully

I did some labbing and confirmed a bug that lets the Strafing Run plane free fire as it moves along with a ubercharged Bofors-like weapon. To find this out, my friend placed soldiers in a line and I used strafing runs that went parallel to the line of soldiers. If the soldiers were very near or within the targeting box, they were all killed, every time. However, when the strafe was more than half a screen off target, they were still being damaged heavily if not wiped out. Only when the soldiers were more than half a screen, or as far as the strafe target box is long away from the center line of the strafe were they unharmed. Please fix this.
    Last edited by Thinking42Man; 4th Feb 08 at 4:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoiatollo
    Is there any note on the double send messages? It's not really game breaking but it gets annoying after some time
    This should be fixed already. If not, please let me know.

Haven't tested the latest patch but IIRC it wasn't fixed in 2.308 (the one before this one)

Still double messages, kinda' gotten used to it, though :P.

James Raynor
    - me too
    - me too

I would like to ask if this graphical bug has been solved?:
    After full repair of Axis vehicles, when their gun was broken, or the hatch of the motor was popup, they stay broken.
    It is very ridiculous when a KT turret is revolving and is firing with its unvisible main gun (which is hanging dead at 12 o'clock)
    Asus P5K, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@3GHz
    4*1GB 1066 MHz DDRII RAM
    Geforce GTX 260 896MB OC
    SoundBlaster Audigy2ZS

After full repair of Axis vehicles, when their gun was broken, or the hatch of the motor was popup, they stay broken.
    That, I've only ever seen happen to PE vehicles, with the engines.
    With main guns (also PE), they get repaired and then seem to be limp, although they still have 'some' animations.

I'm not sure if its been fixed or not but the Overwatch would often hit in the wrong place over and over when enemies would be in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pankake
    Still double messages, kinda' gotten used to it, though :P.
    OK, we've put it back in the bug list to be tested and fixed again. Thanks

Commando off-map 25 pounder barrage is currently set to drop with no delay at all (IE it drops with the smoke).

I'm adding it to the wiki.
    My kitten is Level 12 with Brits

And overwatch seems to want to kill all friendlies between where the gun is and where you want the barrage to land. (Like what Nick said).

Firefly's still do stupid high damage at stupid far range.
    PE still just spams an assload of infantry.

And overwatch seems to want to kill all friendlies between where the gun is and where you want the barrage to land. (Like what Nick said).
    Absolutly

Firefly's still do stupid high damage at stupid far range.
    PE still just spams an assload of infantry.
    FF is ok. perhaps it needs a minimal range, so very near units can't be shot.... Don't know

PE: what else do they have to rule their game?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrChengele
    Wait. I am going to go out and buy a soda, just so I can come back and drink it while I reread your post, so I can snort it out of my nose in surprise and shock.
    If you could balance brits in 2v2 you can start balance the pe in 1v1!

I found a bug in the search feature. When the results were returned to me when searching for a specific user in the allied 2v2AT ladder the user I was looking for was not on in the list displayed. When I clicked on the next page the user I was searching was there.

Could someone add this to the wiki? I am not familiar with wiki.

Yury
    2.310.0 mortar bug.

This happened once in this game. Mortar firing several times without it´s crew, until destruct it´s target.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoyqLSoHW74

James Raynor
    B) nice one gosht mortar.
    New quotes "Even death can't hold us"

@lance81: added it to the Wiki

The wiki has been updated with some dev notes, go check it out!

It's funny how gr.org has only just now discovered MGs relocating windows The notes are wrong, though - we have our own thread proving that it's not just firing at a building that's causing problems, so perhaps someone with a wiki account can add this thread as well: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=176056
    Could/Should/Would HAVE. A verb. Not an adposition.

[2.310] counter barrage target PE throwing grenades ? anyone confirm this..

There was a conformation on this for 2.309 I believe. It's not only PE nades, basically all nades are concerned afaik.

btw.: if anyone want's to add something to the Beta wiki and is not able to do it, post it here, I am pretty sure that either me or someone else will post it for you.

New Hampshire, USA - Previously Greenock, Scotland.
    It's always been this way long before the beta. I reported it ages ago. Hmmm... I guess this goes to prove how many Commando users are out there. lol.

I have no idea how you got that idea...

The only thing it shows is that RCA was nearly never used cause it's the weakest doctrine (haven't tested it with the new changes though). And personally I'd never go RCA in a 1v1 if I am not forced to do so.

@lance81: added it to the Wiki
    Thanks mate.

Hi I just posted a tread about strafing run killing at its spawn point:
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=180693

There is a replay attached in a .rar archive (sorry i couldn't attach if .rec don't know why)

I don't know how to post in the wiki, can someone explain me or do it for me ?

register, scroll down to the balance suggestion part, click the edit above and feel free to add whatever you want. Simply copy the first entry that pops into your sight paste and edit it so you have the same layout as the others.

I'd post it for you but I gtg now...

Arsti
    Call me stupid, I didn´t find the option to register on the wiki. Anyway, here´s a bug I found:
    There is still one object left that overwatch shells can´t pass (or rather one I noticed). It´s the small, open garage that´s found in center Langres or at the northern VP of Semois (at least that are the places where I had it happen).
    Whenever a 25pounder or priest fires overwatch on a target behind one of those sheds the shells will explode just before passing the structure. Even when the building is destroyed the shells will still hit the rubble. It´s like an invisible wall stopping overwatch.
    Regular shells pass these buildings just fine.

As long as I did not target enemies near those sheds overwatch did its job. In fact it did it so well that it might me a bit overpowered, negating the use of any infantry. It will probably require further testing.

Just a few notes:

Recoiless Rifles clip through light vehicles (specifically Armored Cars, and Scout Cars) doing no dammage.

And low textures appear to be disabled (not an issue for me, but my friend *cough* Nick *cough* would like to select them.

Just like to report that gliders still wipe out a squad they land upon if used correctly...

@ arsti here's your direct link to sign up:click me

@Bodybag, Added the 2 bugs

@rendari: I think that's intended, shall I add it?

Arsti
    Thanks scoiatollo, I posted it on the wiki.

NP, under the cold, hard Britbiased Axis and balance hating skin, lies a helpfull heart

In case you are not seeing it, in the upper right corner you have the button to login button, in case you need anything else PM me

When u upgrade a scout car and try to deploy it, u can choose a facing direction, but the game just ignores this direction and deploys it only! That is annoying me since OF came out!

It's a known bug, but post it on the community bug list.

Yes, ok i did it!

Added the following entry to the feature requests. THis thing has been nagging me for a while. Pretty minor detail but still:

Tab select functionality*
    When a group of units is selected, they show up as white on the minimap instead of blue. This is good. You can also use Tab to change which unit in a unit group is being controlled. However, it is currently very difficult to find which of them is the 'sub'selected one with tab.

1)Could the sub-selected unit be colored differently on the minimap? Yellow, for instance? ~Falaris, 09-02-2008
    ---------
    The only way currently is to look at them and spot which has the stipled blue line, I believe, which is more than a bit time consuming when you have a group spread out on more than one map screen's worth.

I wondered about adding a request for 'focus on unit' - you can focus on a group, but if that group is spread out you end up midway between them with no easy way of jumping to a particular tab-selected unit. (Especially since you can't identify which one it is on the minimap). There is however such a key - the follow unit one. It's just a local problem that that key is a alt-gr+shift+key combination on my keyboard. But even then, follow unit isn't the ideal solution either.

Suggestion: Shift+tab = switch focus to the unit you switch to.

Would that work? (I discuss it here instead of on the wiki because this really is a better forum for discussion.). Would we loose current functionality with that?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    -Winston Churchill

posted this on wiki, anyone else seen it?

'''Brit truck.... 2.311

very strange, couldnt set down truck, gave the same option for direction as trench's, except when you left click to confirm, nothing happened , couldnt set truck down no matter what i tried

Screen shot below

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1691/95959303wz5.jpg

I noticed the same, it appears not to give a color feedback? on when it is obstructed by terrain. (Used to be red). It still is if you can't place it AT ALL, but sometimes the hunt for the exact angle it is placeable at can be problematic.

gamer_1001
    very strange, couldnt set down truck, gave the same option for direction as trench's, except when you left click to confirm, nothing happened , couldnt set truck down no matter what i tried

Screen shot below

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1691/95959303wz5.jpg
    You tired to place the HQ truck right on the Field support truck location...of course it won't work...the placement box is bugged and it should be red in the screen, not yellow.

The same problem is present with Glider as well.

I modified the above screenshot to give a better view of the problem.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6...9303wz5ys9.jpg
    Last edited by gamer_1001; 9th Feb 08 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_1001
    You tired to place the HQ truck right on the Field support truck location...of course it won't work...the placement box is bugged and it should be red in the screen, not yellow.

The same problem is present with Glider as well.

I modified the above screenshot to give a better view of the problem.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6...9303wz5ys9.jpg
    i tried it in a number of places mate, even at the back on clear ground, same problem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information