[2.305-XXX]280mm rocket barrage/firestorm doing no damage vs brit trucks/emplacements

[2.305-XXX]280mm rocket barrage/firestorm doing no damage vs brit trucks/emplacements

I can confirm this with other players as well. Can this get fixed in the next patch possibly? as well on live server...

Firestorm from terror seems to not damage british trucks,emplacments as well either.

defense doctrine wehr - rocket barrage.
    terror doctrine - wehr - firestorm.

thanks.

Edit: Both of these tools are still buged relic as of 3/1/08.
    Last edited by Schwarzwald; 2nd Apr 08 at 12:32 AM.

New Hampshire, USA - Previously Greenock, Scotland.
    Odd... I was always under the impression that Fire Storm did a number on British defences. I'll look up the stats and get back to you.

EDIT: They deal 40-50 damage shots and deal double that with direct hits. It deals 35% of it's normal damage vs "tp_cw_emplacements".

A bit low, I'll admit, but fire from the Fire Storm seems to be where the real damage comes from. It wouldn't take much to take out the emplacements afterwards, since you have likely scared units away, since the fires would be engulfing the area. Works well as a terror tactic, that's for sure. I hate it when I get hit by it, that's for sure. lol.
    Last edited by ChocoboKnight88; 25th Jan 08 at 4:22 PM.

Odd... I was always under the impression that Fire Storm did a number on British defences.
    I dont know about the numbers, but in real game firestorm does not do noticeable damage to emplacements, much less trucks. the only thing they can do is burn infantry out of trenches.

New Hampshire, USA - Previously Greenock, Scotland.
    I see what you mean. Well I guess the purpose of this ability was purely to terrorise the player it's used on. It may not completely wipe out defences, but the psychological effects are still there. It wouldn't hurt having that do more damage though.

"Psychological effect"
    I don't think my opponent will run away scared when he sees the fire...

The drop reduction was nice, but it is still the second most expensive arty in the game and it's got one of the longest delays.
    And the fire damage is pretty low, even an old zippo would kill someone faster...

Being in an already potent doctrine, one most be careful when buffing it, but at least fixing damage tables to work vs. all factions should be a given for any ability.

Tari
    The firestorm does, like, a quarter damage or less to British emplacements, at least if the British guy went Royal Engineers. It just nails all the guys around it and prevents sappers from repairing it for a while. It's strange, really, when you see how much damage it does to infantry and light/heavy armor.

It still freaks me out to see someone call in an off-map in the middle of my emplacements, though.

WNxGhazghkull
    agree that the drop reduction was nice to bad it was reverted in 2.306 no longer a 3 sec drop reduction =(
    and why not a 50 mun cheaper??? its not better then howitzer shot but still it cost more why???

Fidle Fadle
    from the v 2.306 patch

- 280mm rockets tuned vs buildings and British HQs. Damage increased vs British HQs and decreased vs US buildings.

Nope, that didn't work. 2.306 was pretty much fucked up, we'll have to see what 2.307 brings us.

Bumping this to let the populace and relic that this is still broken and should not be forgotten.

Berlin, Germany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way....
    in case you have some problems with your eyes:

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=187045

Thread Information