This started as a changelog based on the demo, but has now been updated using the final game and Indolence's semi-official changelog. I'm considering this list complete now. If you spot something missing/wrong, double check then bring it up and I'll correct it, but I'm not checking out random things anymore. I've spoiler'd the old intro since it's no longer relevant, but I don't want to just delete that much of my own writing.
Make sure you check the bugfix list for a ton more changes in Soulstorm.
no longer relevantI figured that I should probably put everything I've found on the various races in the Soulstorm demo in one place. This isn't complete, so you may not see everything (but read below about requesting unit info). I'm noting both when things have changed and when they've stayed the same, although if something isn't listed assume it's unchanged. Since I really don't want to go through every unit, weapon, ability, and building looking for things that might be different, I'll take a look at something if you're curious but won't be adding to this list in any significant manner on my own.
Limit what you'd like to know about to one ability, research, unit, or weapon, otherwise I may just consider it to be too much work and never do it. If you're asking about a bug fix from the Nobrainer bug list, I've already made a thread about those.
If you've got any balance changes you've found in the demo's data files, post them and I'll add them to the list.
Also, and this is important, so read it, don't use this information as a basis for balance discussion, here or in the Balance Forums. None of this information is final or testable, so saying a listed change makes a unit too powerful/too weak has no hard evidence other than numbercrafting (which although fun, is only the first step to balance discussion). Mods, if I can make a request, please feel free to hit the delete post button hard and fast, because I'd like to see this thread remain useful without turning into ranting based on what is in essence unreliable data.
Note to Iron Lore/Relic: I still want to see an official changelog when Soulstorm is released, I'm sure you guys have made changes since the demo and I'm equally sure I'll miss some stuff. Thanks!
* All tier upgrades are more expensive (specifics below)
* All transports now have 2 slots
* Scout Marines build cost increased from 90/0 to 100/0, reinforce cost remains the same
* Scout Flamers cost decreased to 30/10 from 40/10
* Scout Marine Infiltration Research now requires a Monastery
* Force Commander cost reduced from 260/50 to 220/50
* Tactical Missile Launcher reload increased to 5.75 s from 5 s
* Tactical Missile Launcher cost reduced to 50/10 from 60/15 and 8 s from 10 s
* Health and damage upgrades have been split into two researches each (50/30 first, 100/50 second), mostly same bonuses between the two (ASMs get just +5% from first health research) but same total bonuses to all units. The first research pair has been pushed up to Tier 1, the second pair is still in Tier 2. The damage research in each pair requires the health research of that pair.
* Space Marine Squads only get 4 heavy weapons with Heavy Weapon Increase, not 5
* Grey Knights need a Sacred Artifact now
* Grey Knight Halberd piercing vs commander reduced to 30 from 45
* Word of the Emperor Research cost increased to 75/40 from 50/40
* Battlecry Research cost reduced to 100/50 and 60 s from 150/75 and 80 s
* Commander Veteran and Hero Upgrades cost reduced to 40 s from 45 s
* Secondary 2x healing aura of Apothecary/Chaplain reduced to 1.5x from 2x
* Skull Probe cost reduced to 65/0 from 75/0 and 18 s from 20 s
* Skull Probe health increased to 225 from 200
* Whirlwind support cap decreased to 4 from 5, damage reduced to 300-450 from 348-532, morale damage reduced to 50 from 60
* Missile Turret piercing increased against inf_high (57.4 DPS up from 10.0 DPS)
* Monastery cost increased to 300/125 and 90 s from 250/105 and 80 s
* Fortress Monastery cost increased to 340/340 and 100 s and 300/300 and 90 s
* Heavy Armor Deployment cost increased to 450/450 and 100 s from 400/400 and 96 s
* Chaos Space Marine Plasma damage reduced to 105-115 from 115-130
* Chaos Frag Grenades range increased to 25 from 20
* Heavy Weapon Increase now requires Desecrated Fortress add-on
* Aspiring Champion's Fear Aura now also gives +1 health regeneration and provides +125 health instead of +100
* Berzerk Fury now requires a Desecrated Fortress
* Raptor Flamers cost reduced to 35/10 from 50/10 and 10 s from 12 s
* Horror Squad piercing v building_high increased to 32 from 25.286
* Possessed Space Marines cost increased to 260/120 from 220/100, reinforce cost increased to 65/30 from 55/25, and they now use two slots in a transport
* Obliterators cost increased to 300/105 from 240/75 and reinforce cost increased to 100/35 from 80/25
* Chains of Torment range reduced to 25 from 40, initial delay increased to 2 s from 1 s
* Desecrated Fortress cost increased to 325/125 and 90 s from 300/105 and 80 s
* Unholy Monastery cost increased to 340/340 and 100 s from 300/300 and 90 s
* Chaos Energies cost increased to 450/450 from 400/400
* Chaos Armory has cost decreased to 175/50 from 200/75
* Daemon Pit unload time increased to 15 s from 5 s
* Mysticism cost reduced to 125/65 from 150/75 and 50 s from 55 s
* Warlock damage bonus now requires Mysticism
* Warlocks now require an Aspect Portal
* Ranger Infiltration cost increased to 75/75 from 50/50
* War Shout morale damage increased to 65 from 50, cooldown increased to 90 s from 75 s
* Warp Spider Squads and the Seer Council now use 2 slots in Falcons/Webways
* Call of War cost reduced to 60 s from 70 s
* Armor 1 now increase Banshee health by 90 instead of 15% (gain of 32.25 HP before CoW, 3 HP after) and Banshee Exarch by 235 instead of 30% (gain of 104.5 HP before CoW, loss of 2 HP after)
* Armor 2 now increases Banshee health by 200 instead of 15% (gain 3 HP with CoW) and Banshee Exarchs by 205 (loss of 2 HP with CoW)
* Warlocks and Exarchs no longer provide a bonus to Squad Cap
* Farseer mass increased to 22 from 16
* Imbue: Fortune cost reduced to 75/35 from 100/50 and 39 s from 45 s
* Imbue: Eldritch Storm cost reduced to 125/40 from 150/50 and 50 s from 70 s
* Eldritch Storm damage increased to 200-240 from 180-220, piercing against infantry increased and against vehicles reduced to 25 from 12/100 respectively
* Farseer Veteran Upgrade cost reduced to 39 s from 45 s, Farseer Hero Upgrade cost reduced to 50 s from 60 s
* Soul Shrine cost increased to 225/225 from 200/200
* Mobilize for War cost increased to 340/340 and 100 s from 300/300 and 90 s
* Annihilate the Enemy cost increased to 350/350 and 100 s from 300/300 and 90 s
* Kustom Gadgitz no longer increases build time of Big Mek
* More Sluggas is a Tier 4 research now
* Pile O' Gunz! cost increased to 170/70 from 150/50 and 60 s from 50 s
* Waaagh! Banner cost increased to 170/0 from 165/0 and 40 s from 37 s
* Orky Fort add-on cost increased to 340/340 from 300/300 and 95 s from 90 s
* Extra Armor cost increased to 450/450 from 400/400 and 100 s from 96 s
* Shoota Boyz Big Shoota damage reduced to 31-40 from 35-44
* Shoota Boyz Big Shoota FotM penalty increased to 0.27 from 0.25
* Upgraded Waagh Banner Big Shoota damage reduced to 40-49 from 43-52. Morale damage reduced to 11 from 12
* Turbo Boost Research requirements reduced to 30 Ork pop from 31 Ork pop and also applies to Stormboy Nob Leader
* Burna Bomb damage reduced to 1200-1800 from 1200-4000. Morale damage increased to 60 from 0. Health increased to 600 from 400. Size increased by 20%.
* Telepathica Temple cost reduced from 75/25 to 50/25
* Basilisk cost reduced from 150/300 to 150/250
* Hellhound accuracy boosted to 80%, damage reduced to maintain DPS, FotM accuracy is 65% up from 35%
* Tactica Control cost increased to 175/50 from 150/50
* Battle Command cost increased to 300/175 and 90 s
* Regimental Command cost increased to 340/340 and 100 s
* Full Scale War cost increased to 450/450 and 100 s
* Heavy Weapons Team cost decreased to 225/50 from 250/50 and 40 s from 45 s
* HWT Lascannon base damage has gone up to 126-158.5 (from 110-137.5), about a 15% buff
* Guardsmen Plasma range increased to 25 from 22 (now 30 after Satellite Targeting Resolution)
* Sentinel Multilaser penetration vs vehicle_high increased to 25 from 15. Sight radius increased to 30 from 25.
* Execute bonus to max damage reduced to 2.5x from 3x for both Lasgun and Hellgun (it's now a little under 2x damage)
* The General now does damage on his special attacks
* CS Priest morale bonus now stacks with other Priests/Commissars
* Weapon Specialization Kasrkin GL/Plasma bonuses swapped (to match DC 1.2 changelog description), and Satellite Targeting Resolution now boosts GM Sergeant range too (which starts at 27)
* Due to the decreased Chimera capacity, the first squad activates the left lasguns, and the second squad activates the right lasguns.
* Starting support cap increased to 4 from 0
* Heavy Bolter Turret build time increased to 48 s from 40 s
* Guardsmen Squad and Kasrkin Grenade Launcher range decreased to 40 from 45, build time decreased to 14 s from 20 s
* Guardsmen and Kasrkin unit footprint decreased to ease pathing problems, unit model size unchanged
* Kasrkin reinforce cost increased to 50/10 from 40/10
* Ogryns reinforce cost increased to 55/15 from 50/15
* Path to Enlightenment cost increased to 225/225 from 200/200
* Kauyon/Mont'Ka Command Post cost increased to 450/340 from 400/300 and 145 s from 144 s
* Teachings of Kauyon/Mont'Ka cost increased to 450/450 and 100 s
* EMP Grenade recharge time increased to 110 s from 90 s, duration reduced to 15 s from 20 s
* Sonic Pulse double hit bug fixed. No longer does physical damage, only morale damage.
* Vespid Neutron Blaster damage brought down to 15-17 from 22-25
* Tau Commander Flamer changed from circle aoe to arc (-30 to 30 degrees). Missile Pod reload increased to 2 s from 1 s, damage doubled to maintain DPS
* Snare Traps now have a valid armor type (building_low), their infiltration delay has been increased to 10 s from 8 s, duration has been reduced to 12 s from 15 s, and their health has been increased to 50 from 20. They are no longer affected by For the Greater Good.
* Skryay Missile Pod damage increased to 350-450 from 330-425
* Missile Barrage damage reduced to 120-235 from 150-250, initial delay on missiles increased to 2.2 s from 1.75 s
* Harbinger Drones cost increased to 0/35 from 0/30, no longer affected by For the Greater Good
* Tau Broadsides time cost reduced to 30 s from 45 s, morale enabled (600 max, 10 per s regen, 5 s min broken time, 50 to regroup), movement speed increased to 12 from 10
* Broadside Rail Gun reload reduced to 3 s from 4 s, damage reduced to 1000-2000 from 1500-3000 (12% DPS reduction overall)
* Kroot Hound, Krootox, and Greater Knarloc health regeneration increased to 1 from 0
* Stealth Suit reinforce cost reduced to 65/0 from 85/0 and 11 s from 12 s, Fusion Blaster damage reduced to 67-81 from 75-90
* Target Lock tweaked: 0.2 bonus instead of 2.0 but also reduces FotM penalty by 0.3, affects Stealth Suit Burst Cannon, Fusion Blaster, and Shas'Vre Fusion Blaster
* Advanced Pulse Rifles now affects Shas'Vre and Shas'Ui in the same way as the squad members
* Stealth Burst Cannon Enhancements cost decreased to 50/50 from 75/50 and 45 s from 60 s
* For the Greater Good no longer boosts the health of Snare Traps or Harbinger Drones
* Crisis Suit cost increased to 200/40 from 180/40
* Crisis Suit Missile Pod damage increased to 625-725 from 600-675, reload time reduced to 4.5 s from 6 s (near-globally increases DPS by 41%). Piercing against building_low increased to 60 from 10, reduced against building_medium to 40 from 50, reduced against building_high to 10 from 40
* Kroot Carnivores initial cost increased to 200/0 from 180/0
* "Team" removed from Crisis Suit and Broadside unit names
* Vespid Stingwing Strain now comes fully reinforced and costs 250/50 and takes 30 s
* Kroot Shaper health increased to 850 from 800
* Kroot Shaper Rifle damage increased to 58-70 from 50-60
* Kroot Shaper Melee damage increased to 65-80 from 55-70
* Drone Squad build cost reduced to 105/195 from 120/210
* Power Generators now add 25 power to their cost, not just 20
* First power research effect reduced to 25% from 33%, cost increased to 400 power from 300 power. Second power research cost increased to 600 power from 550 power.
* The time display has been altered to correctly show their time bonus. Instead of showing the completely wrong display using 20% increments, it show the portion of the total bonus (which is a 66.7% reduction) received by adding 15% to the display. It still reduces times by 10% behind the scenes as it always has. Critical Locations have been reduced from a 15% bonus to 10%.
* Flayed Ones become more durable with monolith upgrades. Every addon built adds 150 to their health, which is now only 550. These stack, so three fully upgraded monoliths brings them to 1450 HP.
* Flayed Ones damage against building_low increased by 60%, piercing of special attack 2 against building_low reduced to 40 from 70.
* Flayed Ones Fear ability has been reduced to 1.5 morale damage from 3.
* Flayed Ones teleport recharge decreased to 75 s from 120 s
* The Necron Lord now gains 450 health with each monolith upgrade that has been built (potentially 4500 HP total if you're willing to blow that much power on it)
* The Necron Lord's jump capacity has been reduced to 1 and 2/3 charges
* Lightning Field charge limit bug fixed, charging from Necron Lord's melee attacks reduced to 45% from 60%
* Nightmare Shroud recharge increased to 95 s from 80 s, duration reduced to 8 s from 10 s
* Phylactery ranged damage reduction increased to 60% from 50%
* Wraith damage reduced to 33-35 from 45-50
* Necron Warriors gain 75 health and 30% damage from their first upgrade (down from 95 and 35%), 50% health and 35% damage from the second (down from 60% and 35%). That's ~100 less health with both upgrades and ~4% less damage after the first upgrade. Research durations increased to 80 and 55 respectively (up from 30 s on both).
* Tomb Spyders have 3000 HP (up from 2700 HP) and melee damage has been reduced to 500-610 (down from 540-670). Their piercing against building_high has also been reduced.
* Tomb Spyder summoning now uses 4 bodies for Necron Warriors, 5 for Flayed Ones, and 6 for Immortals
* As part of their reworking, Attack Scarabs now have 85 HP, 20 power reinforce, a 3.5 s reinforce time, and air_med armor type.
* Builder Scarab flag raising invulnerability fixed (12 s down to 3 s), capture rate increased to 0.55 from 0.5
* Immortal Gauss Blaster damage reduced to 90-175 from 105.5-205.5, morale damage reduced to 9 from 10
* Immortals health increased to 450 from 400
* Immortals can now using Summoning, same properties as Necron Warriors/old Flayed Ones.
* Awakened Monolith cost increased to 0/340 from 0/300 and 70 s from 60 s
* Engaged Monolith cost increased to 0/400 from 0/350 and 70 s from 60 s
* Energy Core cost increased to 0/550 from 0/500 and 50 s from 40 s
* Lord Destroyer health increased to 1750 from 1250. Possession casting time decreased to 6 s from 8 s.
* Wailing Terror physical damage decreased to 170-210 from 200-250 and morale damage reduced to 85 from 100. LP3 morale damage increased to 25 from 0.05. LP3 add-on now requires Awakened Monolith add-on.
* Pariah reinforce time increased to 20 s from 10 s. Health increased to 1100 from 1000. Pariah special attacks damage increased to 20-25, full piercing, 5 morale damage.
* Heavy Destroyer piercing increased against buildings low/med/high to 50/35/20 from 35.4/20.5/20
* Dormant Monolith cost increased to 0/225 from 0/175, still doubles for each Monolith already on the field