Bamboo tablet issues

Bamboo tablet issues

Right, so my new Wacom Bamboo tablet arrived this afternoon. Connect usb cable, install drivers, and then when it asks me to register with no clear button saying "Later/No thanks" the install crashes. Yes i have a habit of not registering products. More specifically there were two arrow-like circle buttons at the top of the screen, clicking the triangle/arrow pointing to the right caused the crash.

"macromedia projector has encounter a problem bla bla bla"

So i try to run install again, but it gives the same error no matter how many time i run it, there is a tutorial.exe that also gives the same error, rebooting doesn't affect the problem.

Downloading & installing the drivers from wacom.eu hasn't made it work. device manager has one unknown device, but has the following items in the Human Interface Devices tab:
    wacom hid digitizer, wacom hid pen, wacom virtual hid driver.

The downloaded driver i installed is cons5.05-7_int although i have not rebooted.

So yeah...New tablet, doesn't work, i'm somewhat annoyed.
    This is my signature. Fear its meaninglessness! Go on, fear it! Fear!

Intercept course punched in Elukka's Avatar
    The first thing i would do after installing drivers is rebooting.

try the file from the north american site?

http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/...TOKEN=29198991
    <Hyperian> yes treb
    <Hyperian> teach me how to be a player like you
    <treb|coffee> 1. learn to dance 2. be yourself 3. treat them as friends
    <Hyperian> those dont work

Tried those drivers, rebooted, no luck. Uninstalled all drivers, rebooted, installed, again no luck.

Device manager sees an unknown device, and when i go to the control panel and select "pen tablet Properties", i get the error message "A supported tablet was not found on the system". Searching for drivers for the unknown device -cd, internet, etc- doesn't lead to any solution, although the drivers are installed and they say that they're installed properly from both the downloaded drivers.

Changed usb plugs, doesn't seem to have any effect, and that "macromedia projector error" is a very elusive problem, with non of the existing solutions working so far.

5. General Discussions Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #5
    I can baluga my lawnmower Belgarion's Avatar
    Are you on XP or Vista
    Is 20 pound for the weight like 30 pounds if a guy lifts?
    REKI
    So either your little non-english speaking weightlifting neighbour has broken in to your house to borrow your computer & Relic forums login, or you're spinning us a line.. :p

6. Forum Subscriber  #6
    Have you tried troubleshooting the Macromedia flash-based issues?make sure you've got Adobe's latest for your system.

XP sp2, Reinstalled flash, rebooted, still the same problem. Other flash objects seem to work, compatibility mode doesn't work. Copying the cd to hard drive and launching doesn't work, using compatibility on the HDD version doesn't work. The only thing that does work is the driver install from the cd.

However, i can't even use the tablet as a mouse so i guess the problem is somewhere else. It looks like it's XP that's causing the problem, as i looked through the wacom bamboo forums for help, although there wasn't anything specific to my problem. There are 12 HID compliant devices in the device manager's HID tab alone, and i'm guessing that's part of the problem, since i only have one mouse & keyboard installed, and three of those 12 are wacom devices.
    Usb has enough current because all my other usb devices work (external HDD, USB wireless, keyboard, mouse), so that's not the problem. It does indeed seem like a windows driver/software problem.

More tinkering and testing i guess.

Thread Information