If you haven't modded DC/SS before you will need to check out this thread on setting up DC as this thread assumes previous knowledge of how to do all that.
To get the AE working in SS you need these heavily trimmed LUAs that I made. All the single player stuff has been taken out, other than the wargear commanders and their associated bits and bobs. NPC stuff and environment stuff has gone too. This is a complete set and is a combination of the SS luas Buggo gave us and the w40k files too, making the w40k folder of
LUAs redundant. If you need any single player stuff or anything that isn't there then you can add them yourself by hand.
If you're not sure about modding and feel like a bit of a newb then probably best that you don't try this as it requires you to know your file system quite well already.
You will need to have DOW installed for this to work. It's doable without DC, but I wouldn't recommend unless you're sure you know what you're doing.
(0. Find, download and install the Relic DC 1.2 Mod Tools if you haven't already)
1. Find, download and install the older Relic DOW 1.41 Mod Tools
2. Copy and paste the pipeline.ini (no need to reset it if you've already been modding), My_mod folder and my_mod.module file from the DC main folder in the the main SS folder.
3. Copy and Paste the folder called DOW/Modtools (not DC/Modtools) into your Soulstorm folder so it forms Soulstorm/Modtools
4. In SS/Modtools/Datageneric (the one you just copied over from DOW) delete or rename w40k and wxp to something benign
5. Copy and paste SS/Modtools/DataGeneric/My_Mod next to itself and rename it to DXP2
6. Extract SXP3Attrib.zip into Modtools/DataGeneric/DXP2 so it goes SS/Modtools/DataGeneric/DXP2/Attrib and it should have a load of folders in there called Abilities, EBPS and SBPS etc.
7. Open up the AE direct from the exe in the SS/Modtools folder and open DXP2 mod to check it works (don't edit it though). Your old shortcuts should not work anymore. If you get a prompt asking you which folders (racebps, ebps, sbps etc) your want to open then you've opened the wrong version.
8. To get your mod in to SS and the AE, copy over the module file, mod folder and lua files, and make sure the pipeline.ini that you have already moved is setup ok. I cannot guarantee any compatibity as your mod may rely on files that I have removed. It will be up to you to figure out which ones are missing and to add them across from the full set yourself.
Watch out for blanks with crosses next to them in some of the file. These are references to single player things that I have cutout , like researches. These should burn fine in the end, though I can't really check.
I cannot check this in Soulstorm as I do not have it and won't be getting it for a while probably. I did this so you guys could get modding and also because I'm just naturally curious as to why it didn't work. If you get stuck please try a few times to get things right before posting. Don't post stupid bullshit like "where do I get the 1.41 Tools?" - just google it FFS. This is much more fiddely than official tools, so it may take some head scratching, but it seems to work. At worst, you can just alter the instructions so you can mod in DC and then copy the data over into SS. That should work fine too.
PS - Mirrors for the files would be appreciated guys.
To get the OE and FX tool working:
Originally Posted by Ultragamer