Ok, first of all I'm not in the UK... but I was talking to a member of the Depth of Heresy team who is. He said that he got his copy of PC Gamer UK today. We only talked briefly, but he gave me a bit of a rundown of a few things. Here's what I remember:
the new stuff I was told about
- Drop Pods can now hit enemy troops
- SM are supersoldiers... it compared them holding a point to "300", though for the SM it's more like "30"
- Less focus on resource gathering and buildng (which sounds like buildings are still in, but not as many buildings)
- Bridges are functional instead of just decoration, and can be destroyed with troops on them (though Assault Marines will automatically jump to safety)
- Assault Marines can deal damage with their landing
- Troops can shoot from buildings the enter, but can be screwed if the enemy bombs or flames the building
- Orbital Bombardment leaves a patch of molten earth where it hits
- Wargear can be collected on the battlefield and equipped on different troops
- Campaign missions may have multiple objectives (such as "save the civilians" or "get the wargear"), and you may have to choose between them... your choices can affect later missions
Again, at least some of this is quite possibly campaign-only.
UK folks can add anything that I left out or got wrong, and everyone can of course discuss some of these juicy tidbits...
Also, keep this in mind.
Do NOT post scans, ask for scans, link to scans, tell how to find scans online, or ask how to find scans online.
Also, please don't quote the article word-for-word... paraphrasing is our friend, and it's fun to boot.