Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Soulstorm Bugfix mod 1.41

1. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #1

Soulstorm Bugfix mod 1.41

Soulstorm may be a wonderfully balanced game compared to its predecessor, but it is sadly a buggy game as well. As we wait for an official patch from Relic to address the bugs, a large list of fixable (and some unfixable) bugs have been compiled at http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?p=2899273. I've fixed every bug on the list that I could and compiled them into this mod so people who aren't dependent on competitive online play can at least get closer to the game Iron Lore and Relic designed. I'm not including any balance changes in this mod, it's exclusively for bug fixes.

Obviously, since people using this mod won't be able to play against most other players online, they'll be reliant on AI opponents for more of the game. Towards that end, I got in touch with Thudmeizer and got permission to bundle in the Dawn of Skirmish team's excellent AI mod. If you've never used it before, don't feel bad when you get whooped in a few matches.

Tyre was also kind enough to let me include his beautifully fixed textures for several Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle units. The fixed units are the Archon, Mandrake, Living Saint, Immolator, and Penitent Engine. mdcertainty has done the same for the Sisters of Battle flag and the Haemonculus, also graciously offering to include them in the mod.

***IMPORTANT INFO - READ NOW***
    There is a known bug with the Dawn of Skirmish AI on the Eldar Stronghold. While the Dawn of Skirmish AI is enabled, this level will crash on completion. To avoid this issue, go into your Dawn of War - Soulstorm directory. Find the directory Bugfix\data\ai. Rename this ai directory to something else, then complete the level. Restore the directory name when you're finished to get the full AI back. Don't worry, this won't make the stronghold level easier, strongholds do not use proper AI, just scripted events.

If you want to have the campaign videos play while using the mod, you will need to copy the DXP2\movies directory to Bugfix\movies. These files will not be deleted if you uninstall the mod, you'll have to delete them manually in that case. Vista users have an alternate choice to avoid copying files.

Because the only version of the game I have is English, using this mod with a different language version will cause the game to become bilingual, using English for the fixed sounds and your version's language for everything else. If this is an issue, go to the Soulstorm install directory and navigate to bugfix\data. Delete the sound and soundscripts directories. This will remove the sound files, disabling most sound-related fixed but putting everything back to your language again.

Much thanks:
    * Slow_Runner for starting up the no-brainer list for Soulstorm.
    * Cold_Crusader, Merker, War-Reborn, Jaimas, dreddnott, Varsis, Sir_Suckalot, RexOmniaLupus, durruti, corncobman, White_Pointer, Mosh4Life, Ifitmovesnukeit, Delixe, Wichesta, DeadlyFred, Blackwatch, Agoniser, Wraith_Lord, Creslyn, Makenshi, misterslack, mlai, Hawillis, Gore 'n' Guts, kitekaze, and anyone else I missed who posted bugs in the no-brainer fix list or elsewhere on the forums that were put into this mod.
    * corncobman again for fixing my broken fix to the Grey-Knights-in-a-Land-Raider issue and for providing the original, functional Tau Commander and Broadside Battlesuit model files included in the mod. He also modified the Barracuda's Ion Cannon to use the probably-Ion-Cannon visual effects from the Tau Listening Post instead of the totally wrong Pulse Rifle effects.
    * Thudo, ArkhanTheBlack, LarkinVB, Corsix, Inquisitor, Zenoth, Smokeskin, Dreddnott, Malkor, and Troubadour for their work on the fantastic Dawn of Skirmish mod.
    * Tyre and mdcertainty for creating and allowing the inclusion of their fixed unit textures.
    * Agoniser for creating the fixed file structure for all of the sound fixes and packaging them up for distribution, as well as numerous tooltip fixes.
    * Wraith_Lord for a big batch of fixes, and putting up with my stubbornness on several occasions.
    * fuggles for creating the fixed maps and allowing their inclusion in the mod.

The bugs and how I fixed them are all listed in the spoiler below. Mostly this is just a copy paste from the original list, but there are greater specifics on some of the vaguer entries.

Updated to 0.92:
    * Fixed the fix for Grey Knights so Terminators and Assault Terminators can get out of the Chapel-Barracks.
    * Add the damage fix for the Dais of Destruction's Dark Lance. Reduced Support Cap to 3 to compensate.

Updated to 0.93:
    * Included original, functional model files from Dark Crusade for Tau Commander and Broadside Battlesuit to correct animation issues with those units.
    * Re-enabled Dance of Death for the AI now that it works correctly.

Updated to 1.0:
    * Crisis Suit Flamer fix added.
    * Tyre's fixed unit textures added.
    * Many campaign variants of units/weapons/abilities fixed like regular versions that were already fixed.
    * Honor Guard pop cap issues resolved for Sisters of Battle.

Updated to 1.05:
    * Parmenian Heath description fixed.
    * Slugga Boyz ranged_attackrange fixed.
    * Imperial Guard Stronghold fixed.
    * Honor Guard Broadsides pop cap fixed.
    * Kroot Hounds get morale death penalty.
    * Honor Guard Kroot Hounds fixed.
    * Tau force name fixed.
    * "Selena Agna" changed to "Canoness Selena Agna"
    * Ork team color issues in campaign fixed.

Updated to 1.10:
    * "Firraveus" typo fixed
    * Firaeveus is not a Word Bearer in tooltip
    * Typo in Eldar voiceover
    * Honor Guard MANZ costing popcap
    * Crisis Suit Missile Pods able to attack ground
    * XV15s targeting infantry over vehicles
    * Typo in Shaper Ortrazk's tooltip
    * Immortal's overlarge resurrection radius
    * Stasis Field tooltip
    * Deceiver's tooltip
    * Kabal Fortress tooltip
    * Wych Squad squad tooltip
    * Battle Sister morale restored sounds now play
    * Typo in Ascension research tooltip
    * Improved\Enhanced\Elite Field Logistics and Mechanical Production Efficiency get hotkeys
    * Living Saint now performs sync kills

Updated to 1.20:
    * Race spotted sounds and under attack sounds fixed, including the enabling of many race-specific sound clips previously unused.
    * All races now have sorted multi_select_priority to allow for consistent sorting when selecting units of different types.
    * Daemon Strength and Sorcerer ability sounds now play
    * Daemon Prince/Bloodthirster button conflict in UI corrected
    * Eldar AI should no longer cheat and build free Soul Shrines, Aspect Portals, Support Portals, and Webway Assemblies
    * Attaching a Farseer to a Guardian Squad with Warlock and Mysticism researched now replaces the less useful Embolden first instead of Entanglement
    * Honor Guard Kasrkin Sergeant now properly affected by Kasrkin Armor
    * Lightning Arc tooltip corrected
    * Krootox sound set enabled
    * Target Acquired and Snare Trap sound sets enabled
    * Archon's special attacks synced with when damage is dealt
    * Archon's ground pound special attack now has its own effect instead of just borrowing the Chaos Frag Grenade's
    * Tortured Slave's get up time synced with animation
    * Tortured Slave's thrown death animation fixed
    * Celestian Veteran Superior now benefits from Blessed Armor like other Veteran Superiors
    * Purgatus Mine Field selection shape fixed
    * Ecclesiarchal Servitor's, Death-Cult Assassin's, and Missionary's get up times synced with animations
    * Laud Hailers recharge time fixed

Updated to 1.30:
    * Removed fixes that were fixed by Relic (note, not all fixes in changelog were actually implemented)
    * Fixed the critical bugs introduced by the patch
    * Added a whole bunch more that I can't track
    * Ethereal's For the Greater Good health stacking bug with Deceiver's attacks or Crucible of Malediction fixed.

Updated to 1.31:
    * Fixed a bug making the Coalition Center a T0 building (a leftover from testing the For the Greater Good fix above)
    * Fix for invisible decaps
    * Fix to Chaos 3:1 wargear requirement

Updated to 1.32:
    * Removed fixes for Blessed Armor, Restored Monolith, and Photon Grenade
    * Fixed minimap image for Tranquility's End

Updated to 1.33:
    * Fixed a bug locking Terminators and Assault Terminators in the Chapel-Barracks

Updated to 1.40:
    * Dawn of Skirmish AI updated to 3.10 (HUGE thanks to the AI team for continuing to improve the mod)
    * Big batch of various typos fixed from Agoniser
    * Big batch of Honor Guard, campaign unit/building, max repairer limit, and 0 armor piercing fixes from Wraith_Lord
    * Orbital Bombardment -> Battlecry instant casting bug fixed
    * Non-upgrading DPS for Cultists Knives and Guardian Shuriken Catapults vs. inf_hvy_high fixed
    * Howling Banshee Exarch now upgrades in mass and armor type
    * Genetic Enhancement will now increase the movement speed of Commissars, Psykers, and Priests when attached to Kasrkin Squads, allowing the squad to finally make use of the upgrade even when a commander is attached.
    * Let It Burn does health degeneration like all other fire attacks now
    * Photon Grenades now use their entire damage range (45-55) instead of the min_damage_value (45)
    * Wailing Terror does min 25 damage against all armor types now
    * Illusionary Monolith persistence bug finally quashed thanks to Wraith_Lord and corncobman
    * Useless unit building icons for Illusionary Monolith removed
    * Soulstorm now uses its building armor piercing values, dealing damage to them
    * Seraphim Zealot Charge now has a cooldown and min range like all other charge abilities
    * Conflagration now hurts commanders
    * Exorcist damage display now has non-zero numbers
    * Added mdcertainty's fixed textures for the SoB flag and Haemonculus

Updated to 1.41:
    * A couple fixes listed above didn't actually get into 1.40 (this means download for proper compatibility)
    * Readme text file not updated

ONLY FOR USE WITH THE SOULSTORM 1.20 PATCH
    UNINSTALL PRE-1.33 VERSIONS OF THE MOD BEFORE INSTALLING 1.41
    Uninstalling will not remove your savegames. This is to ensure that modified files for fixes resolved by Relic are not fixed incorrectly due to any conflicts (and you WILL get conflicts if you don't clean up first).

Download v1.41 here! (mirror)

Bugs fixed

Right at the back of your mind, chipping away at your sanity
    So what are relic doing for a patch then?

Great work.
    Last edited by ravenmorpheus; 27th May 08 at 3:35 PM.
    Dark Angel Within, Dark Angel Without, Dark Angel Forever.
    Get your Soulstorm Skirmish/Multiplayer Wargear mod here or check out the thread here

Now on Facebook as Raven Morpheus, there's only one...

Nice work, DLing now. Just a thought - for the Incubi tooltip, maybe you could add "Commander retinue"? (That's what it says for the Seer Council, which is a somewhat similar unit.)

Mosh4Life
    Thx VERY much Maktaka
    =]
    Patchin the game better than Relic/THQ ever will ;]

Cheer mert

Ill download later when I finished typin up me CV

Mosh4Life =]

Great work. I think this should be stickied and essentially made to be a must-have for anyone modding SS.
    "The Wanderers have returned..."
    "I don't claim to have all the answers--just more than you do."

6. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #6
    Thanks for the fix ravenmorpheus, I'll definitely include that in the next release. Ditto Agoniser, that's a good idea. I knew making the first release sub-1.0 was the right choice.

Also, do people want the Dais of Destruction Dark Scythe (of instagib) bug fixed in this mod? This would cut the damage to 20% of its current value, but I think its Support Cap cost would need to be reduced to compensate, probably down to 3. Does this sit well with everyone? I suppose it's not really necessary to be overly concerned with balance in tier 4, that tier is so wildly unbalanced I almost needn't worry (seriously, have you SEEN what an auto-firing-at-range-50 Baneblade does?!).

Considering that the ILE dev himself said the DOD beam is bugged, I think it's right to fix it, and decrease the vehicle's cap to 3.

Remember this bugfix mod also helps Relic determine balance after-fixes (if they care that much). So, since we know beam should definitely be fixed, we should prepare for it.

I know you're an uber codemonkey, but I just want to make sure: You're fixing the beam by correcting what's wrong with it (refresh rate, range, sweep speed, no Rekindle), not a max/min damage decrease. Correct?

EDIT: oops. Didn't read mlai's post carefully enough.
    -It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end (Douglas Adams)-
    -Make something idiot proof and nature will create a better idiot.-
    -Me fail English? That's unpossible!-

I agree with fixing the Dark Scythe, but I don't see why you'd need to reduce the support cap usage. Indolence said the refresh rate of the ability was wrong and that Rekindle Rage affecting the Dais was not intentional. The Dais having a support cap usage of 6 was intentional, however, and I think it should stay that way. My .

Also, there's something wrong with the download (or maybe I just can't get it to work ). You saved it as a .exe, but it's not an installer, so nothing happens when you open it.

Right-click on the download button and select "save link as". That should work.

Ah. Thanks, Agoniser. Got it working now.

12. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #12
    You're fixing the beam by correcting what's wrong with it (refresh rate, range, sweep speed, no Rekindle), not a max/min damage decrease. Correct?
    I'm just setting the refresh time to be the same as the duration so that it no longer hits 5 times all at the 3.5 s mark, just once. The sweep information is already set up correctly, so it's either being interfered with by the multi-hit thing, or the game engine just can't process it correctly at all and there's no point in poking at it.

I'm not currently intending to disable Rekindle Rage for the unit, but that's because I don't know of any posts by the developers that say this should not be the case like there is for the multi-hit. If anyone knows of word from them on this issue, put up the link and I'll definitely disable Rekindle Rage as well.

I'm including the Support Cap reduction because without the superpowered Dark Scythe the Dais of Destruction simply isn't worth 6 cap. I don't want to make balance changes as part of this mod, but it would be naive of me to think that bug fixes don't affect balance. Something like this has a huge affect on balance even though it's just a bug fix, so I need to counter for it.

Also, there's something wrong with the download (or maybe I just can't get it to work ). You saved it as a .exe, but it's not an installer, so nothing happens when you open it.
    Damnit, you're right. The host isn't properly sending the download link. I'll reupload it without spaces in the name.

Edit: Link fixed.
    Last edited by Maktaka; 24th May 08 at 1:43 PM.

I'm not currently intending to disable Rekindle Rage for the unit, but that's because I don't know of any posts by the developers that say this should not be the case like there is for the multi-hit. If anyone knows of word from them on this issue, put up the link and I'll definitely disable Rekindle Rage as well.
    I could have sworn I saw Indolence post something about it on DoWS, but I can't find it since DoWS has one of the worst search engines ever. I'll keep looking though.
    I'm including the Support Cap reduction because without the superpowered Dark Scythe the Dais of Destruction simply isn't worth 6 cap. I don't want to make balance changes as part of this mod, but it would be naive of me to think that bug fixes don't affect balance. Something like this has a huge affect on balance even though it's just a bug fix, so I need to counter for it.
    Fair enough. The basis behind my argument was developer's intent. Clearly, Iron Lore wanted to Dais to be worth 6 pop, but it's your mod so I won't press the issue further.

Geno
    Thanks a lot for the patch. You are probably aware of these bugs already, but just to check, are you planning on fixing the Wych Squad's combat drugs from being blanked out after rekindle rage is used on them, as well as the Haemonculus' soul destruction ability working only 10% of the time? There is also the issue with the Deceiver attacking the Ethereal and the Necron player's team gaining a MASSIVE hp buff.

On another note, is the Dawn of Skirmish mod compatible with this patch? Regardless, thanks a lot for your hard work.

15. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #15
    None of those bugs are fixable using mod tools, they're flaws in the game engine, so there's nothing I can do.

Also, as the full description says, the Dawn of Skirmish mod is included in the package (and it works just peachy).

When you set the number of transport slots taken by Termies and Assault Termies to two, you must have messed up their deep-striking mechanism. You can order them to deep-strike (and the red deep-strike sign appears), but don't they listen to you and just stay in the barracks while the sign disappears. So the only way to get the Termies out is to delete your barracks.
    MILK FOR THE KHOOOORNEEE FLAKESSS!!! LET THE CEREAL DROWN IN IT!!
    Why are we out here, when we could be in the thick of BREAKFAST!! MILK, I ache for the taste of MILK!
    COME, my minions, let us steal their SPOOOOOONS!
    Can you taste the sugar tooooo?!

17. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #17
    When you set the number of transport slots taken by Termies and Assault Termies to two, you must have messed up their deep-striking mechanism. You can order them to deep-strike (and the red deep-strike sign appears), but don't they listen to you and just stay in the barracks while the sign disappears. So the only way to get the Termies out is to delete your barracks.
    Crud, the game engine can't deep strike squads that use multiple slots. So much for the elegant solution. Well, that poses a question then: would you rather have room in the Land Raider for both Terminator squads simultaneously, or would you rather have Grey Knights unable to ride in a Land Raider? I'm leaning towards the former, but if the general opinion disagrees then I'll just remove the fix completely.

In the meantime, go to bugfix\data\attrib\sbps\races\space_marines\ and delete the two terminator files in that directory to get them working properly again. This will allow two Terminator squads in a Land Raider. If you would like to once again prevent Grey Knights from riding in a Land Raider and also limit the Land Raider's capacity to 1 squad again, delete bugfix\data\attrib\ebps\races\space_marines\troops\land_raider.rgd

Um, wrong thread Ronin-Sage?

You just need to change the ebps/game/deepstrike/deep_strike entity to have 2 slots instead of 1.

19. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #19
    Huh, I can't believe I've never checked out those files before. You'd think it would have come up at some point. Thanks.

in Russia among polar bears wearing ushankas drinking vodka and playing balalaikas
    so much small problems and fixes and you did all of them...
    Big respect!
    In God We Trust

Edward Teach
    @Maktaka
    Any chance you fix the Tau Commander misfit hip ? Here is what i am talking about :
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showpost...&postcount=454

That can't be fixed without some modelling program or something like that.

I like what you did, and I look forward to release 1.0.

So I take it the DE soul powers bug (spectators) and the SoB banner cheat are unfixable bugs? Shame, but I plan on LANing this game anyway, so those bugs are irrelevant. (If anyone's caught SoB cheating, we can just punch him/her in the face right there!)

24. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #24
    Sadly no, those aren't fixable by anyone but Relic. On the plus side, I would assume anyone who actually cares enough about the game to use a bugfix mod wouldn't be the sort of jackass to use those exploits. The lack of general online compatibility should also make it more likely you'll be in a situation to provide some immediate karma (although personally I'd aim for a more...sensitive location).

Edit: New version with fixed fix for Terminators and Dark Scythe damage fix/cap reduction. I'm still holding back from 1.0 until I go through the fixes to check for any that need applying to campaign units along with a couple fixes that I haven't touched yet due to balance considerations.

This new version also contains an uninstaller, although this uninstaller leaves the shortcuts to Soulstorm.exe due to a quirk in how the program works. I'll see if I can get that last bit of the installer polished correctly, but in the meantime just delete the two shortcuts manually if you uninstall the mod.
    Last edited by Maktaka; 27th May 08 at 4:04 PM.

Why don't you just extract the DC Tau Commander model and copy/paste into SS folder? That should fix the SS TC's hip problem, in multiplayer.

The textures for DC and SS seem 99% same anyways.

26. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #26
    Unfortunately, I don't have Dark Crusade reinstalled any more. If someone else does and can send me the relevant extracted files (data\art\ebps\races\tau\troops\commander.whe and commander.whm for the Tau Commander, plus broadside_battlesuit.whe and .whm for that fix), that would be awesome and I can include it 1.0. Otherwise, I'll take care of it some time after the 1.0 release when the more critical stuff is taken care of.

@Maktaka - check your PM.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but since Harlequin's DoD is no longer bugged here, is the DoW Skirmish AI allowed to use it again?

29. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #29
    Excellent, that worked. Thanks again corncobman.

And yes, DoD can be reenabled. Just needed to uncomment a couple lines in the harlequin's AI file and it works perfectly (rest in peace you poor sacrificial XV15).

I think this warrants a 0.93.

Edward Teach
    Maktaka - you are awesome, many thanks for your work - it deserves to be stickied

Great work on the bugfixes. Much appreciated.
    Thanks

Your mod should simply be a clickable option in the Skirmish AI Mod install.
    You should apply the Dark Eldar and SoB graphical-fix skins as well. IIRC, if fixes Mandrake/Archon/Immolator/Penitent Engine graphical errors.
    Oh hell, apply Hangar-8's SoB-beautification skins as well.

33. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #33
    Eh, you've have to get in touch with the DoS team about that. I'd rather get 1.0 finished first anyways, and they're waiting until the hotfix, well, fix before they release their next version.

Could you provide links to the fixed skins? Depending on how large they are I might just link to them as a separate download in case people are stuck behind dialup.

35. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #35
    Cool, thanks. I've sent Tyre a PM to see if he's cool with my including those files. I don't want to include the Sisters of Battle variant skins since those aren't meant to fix any specific flaws with the skins, but are more of a personal preference.

I've gone through the list checking for single player variants of fixes to implement. Caught a bunch, and also added a fix for the Crisis Suit Flamer missing angle values bug, which I skipped over before. Does the following sit well with everyone?

Fix: Give the flamer angle values. I set the angle to 30 degrees to the right and left, a 60 degree arc like the Tau Commander, but halved piercing against infantry, heavy infantry, and commander armor types and halved morale damage since hitting two targets at the same time should be really easy with such a wide arc.
    Once I hear back from Tyre, I think this will be 1.0 ready and I'll post a release thread in the general DoW forum.

A 60 degree arc is really huge for that imba flamer. Try a 40 degree arc instead.

Recsant
    Amazing Mod Finally Some Fixes. I'm convincing my friends to get it although i do wish there was some way to fix that holy icon exploit. Still at least the computer doesn't do it.
    Otherwise great work keep it up.

Where can I send money for continued support on this mod?

Send it to me. I will ensure it continues smoothly. Honest!

40. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #40
    Hey, I never gave you power of attorney!

As for the flamer, l'd rather keep the angle consistent with the Tau Commander's Flamer and reduce the damage than reduce the angle. I was also considering a base damage decrease of 66% (morale damage would also be reduced again by this amount), which would mean the Crisis Suit Flamer needs to hit three targets at once to keep the same damage rate against infantry, and 1.5 targets to maintain the damage rate against other target types.

My goal on this particular fix is to implement the angle values to be consistent with the other Tau Flamer without changing the balance of the weapon. It will still be a very powerful weapon, this will just change the manner in which it is delivered.

Wolfwood
    Awesome mod, makes the game so much better. Excellent work.

42. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #42
    Cool, I got the green light from Tyre to include his textures, and combined with the Crisis Suit fix (I stuck with the original fix above, I think the infantry damage nerf balances the addition of angle values, but we'll see if further reductions are necessary after release) and batch of single player unit fixes, I don't think there are any pressing bugs left to deal with, Iron Lore's/Relic's or mine, so this means 1.0 is ready.

Thanks again for everyone's help, input, and encouragement in getting this compiled, tested, polished, and finished.

I'd still like to find fixes to some of the other bugs, particularly those that can't be countered for with good behavior like the Holy Icon exploit, such as the Deceiver/Ethereal health bug or exchanging the Honor Guard used for Sisters of Battle. If anyone knows of a mod which has successfully modified the game mechanics of the metamap campaign, I'd love to get in touch with them to hopefully resolve the SoB Honor Guard issues.

Edit: Just found corncobman's Honor Guard modifying tutorial. I'll get a 1.01 up in a bit with the Sisters of Battle HG fixes.

P.S. Looking over the list, I notice that the majority of the fixes on this list are for campaign units, and many of those are from wargear. Really, Soulstorm isn't that buggy, especially compared to Dark Crusade, but the bugs hit the game a lot harder.

Edit 2: K, new version is up. If you downloaded the old version of 1.0, MAKE SURE YOU GET THE NEW VERSION OF 1.0 TO ENSURE MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBILITY. I released the first version of 1.0 too soon and didn't properly check for a means of fixing the Sisters of Battle Honor Guard issues. Those are fixed now, but it looks like there were a few people who downloaded the old version of 1.0 before it got fixed. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Maktaka; 31st May 08 at 1:27 AM.

Awesome, many thanks. I'm downloading the newest version now

44. Dawn of War II Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #44
    Maktaka, I would recommend changing the version numbers after changes. Otherwise you're gonna run into the "do you have the 1.0 version?" "New 1.0 or old 1.0?" "WTF?" syndrome.

If one's intent on fixing the SoB exploit, one could remove the part where its cost scales with every successive Holy Icon and ramp up the cost to compensate.
    Disagree with a moderator? Read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maktaka

45. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #45
    Yeah, the 1.0 thing was a mistake. I released it a bit too soon and without properly checking for and then fixing the SoB Honor Guard issues, but the old link is gone now and there were only 10 downloads of it before I replaced it, most of which were from my own clicks while following the download link to manage the files I've uploaded.

I don't want to set a fixed value for the Holy Icon because there's no way to do it without either significantly hurting the Sisters of Battle early game or making their late game too easy, probably both. I'm very intent on not significantly altering game balance in this mod; balance is such a fragile thing and I really don't want to go mucking with it.

[ESVN]VV@rp
    The Haemonculus still have the texture problem like the mandrake,can u pm Tyre about this,thx

Hmm not sure the Haemonculus texture was fixed by Tyre in the first place... was it???

I just checked the thread and no it wasn't.

What texture problem would this be? I haven't noticed anything wrong with the Haemonculus - though the Crucible of Malediction and Tower of Loathing Dark Lances need fixing.

WarpObscura
    I noticed that Honor Guard Broadside Battlesuit, the one at tau_broadside_battlesuit_squad_hg_dxp3, is still using Squad Cap. Is that meant to happen?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information