Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Company of Heroes: Playtest Announcement!

Holder of the Knights Cross Imperial Honour's Avatar
    Seriously if it were the Dawn of War 2 beta they wouldn't of said anything about it being an unannounced beta, everyone should know that Soulstorm owners get at least a chance to get into the Dawn of War 2 beta. So I'd put it down to something else as we already know there is a Dawn of War 2 beta...
    Doth thou playest games with me? Then thou shalt have my Steam: Malkael

"The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father!
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

2. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #52
    Seriously if it were the Dawn of War 2 beta they wouldn't of said anything about it being an unannounced beta, everyone should know that Soulstorm owners get at least a chance to get into the Dawn of War 2 beta. So I'd put it down to something else as we already know there is a Dawn of War 2 beta...
    Someone deleted my previous post, but that's exactly what I was getting at.

"Maybe there's an unannounced CoH project... did you think of that? HUH?

It's quite possible that there's other unannounced Beta's we don't know about, for CoH, or another project that we know nothing about.

Saying it's Dawn of War II beta is seriously fail, especially when we know there's a DoW 2 beta coming.

Well its perfect logic for it to be coh-related. I mean this "contest" shows who is dedicated to coh, hence they will be good candidates for a add-on.

On that note I hope they make the beta a large one and have it run for a long time, because OF was stuck in a ditch when it first came out.
    We shall rule this galaxy once more.

of course! They want dedicated COH players to test a new expansion!!!! or some DLC at least!

The top 100 participants will receive the aforementioned beta key!
    What do you mean by top 100 participants do you mean on the ladder? Or people who play log in and play the beta. I mean I play alot of skirmishes on the beta does that count xD?

Hey! i have a problem during the install, something about the language.. :/

I have spanish game, Spanish 1.71 patch and (English?) patches... i have lot of 148131 no key...

Maybe you should be in 2.301 patch?

Just to be the hopeless fanatic in the bunch CoH lovers: Maybe its Homeworld 3! *jumps up and down like a lune knowing he's about as right as George W. Bush is on a good day*

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorImage
    What do you mean by top 100 participants do you mean on the ladder? Or people who play log in and play the beta. I mean I play alot of skirmishes on the beta does that count xD?
    How can you quote that one line and miss what it says above it? They clearly say it will be based upon gathered metrics such as time spent online, number of matches played, that sort of thing.

What they haven't said is whether skirmish or team comp-stomp matches count.
    "I'm as sane as the next river."

Hussars Web Site
    [1stHssr]Blackadder

I tried to play beta but i can only connect to 10 % of players. 10 % of just a few isnt that much. I already uninstalledt due to lack of disk space, but i made up my mind and try a 2nd time. Hopefully it works now.
    Me likes small bunny rabbit!

kenty900
    Awesome... lets see plenty of players on it...

But mainly Relic Rank???? Whats the news people? Are we going to see it with this patch or what?

ugh. why is there nobody online damnit! i wanna play!
    Gamers don't die, they go to the next level

retail version needs a hotfix now
    draje175: so, its imbalanced that a 5cp, 150 mun, never-use-again-cooldown ability can severly hurt turtling, which, even if your british, is a very bad idea?

14. Forum Subscriber  #64
    I've never been able to play CoH online (Netgear router) so I'm not gonna get a key .

Congrats to all the winners in advance though. Let us know what this is all about when you're allowed to tell us!
    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

Lith
    You meant:

"Regardless if you're allowed to tell us!" ;-)
    Last edited by Lith; 28th Jun 08 at 6:49 AM.

Ok..mhh..Maybe some of the Devs would be so nice..erm..and...

IS IT COH BETA!!!???

Common i got enough torture waiting till 26 August BIA HH Release

I've never been able to play CoH online (Netgear router) so I'm not gonna get a key
    I have a netgear router also, have no trouble forwarding the ports required, if you need help with it, go to www.portforward.com for instructions on how to forward ports for your router.
    Relic Online profiles:
    Main: Pankake
    Smurf: Strongsauce
    (Only automatch so my smurf isn't hurting anyone :D)

I have a netgear router but could only get COH to work properly by enabling my DMZ. Bizarre but true. No biggy though, COHs not the only game that my router is fussy with. Using Comodo firewall to counter balance the open DMZ.

19. Forum Subscriber  #69
    I've already tried both of those, Pankake and PTGChef uk, but sadly they don't work. Thanks for your help though.

szudri
    Did you check if there is a new firmware for your router? I often read about solved problems when ppl updated their netgear router.

Please post about technical issues in the Tech Assistance, then it's much easier to help, thank you.

If port forwarding and DMZ didn't work, then check your software firewall isn't blocking the ports, or just turn them right off for testing purposes, if it works, then go back, turn it on and try and allow the ports/program past it.

Blorch...home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    It would be nice if a developer could comment on the question a number of us have been asking...

Do skirmish and/or online co-op matches count towards the "metrics" which will ultimately determine the top 100 winners of the aforementioned beta key?

well i have already seen over one hundered people with over 200 games played, so there goes any chance of winning. seeing as I can only get maybe 1 or 2 games a day.

i guess they reward people that dont have lives? I mean if someone has played that many games since this playtest, U know that's like all they do....

I downloaded the CoH beta playtest as soon as it was released but I was never able to connect to a single game, despite all manner of troubleshooting.

HauptmannOx
    i highly doubt that there are 100 players with 200 games as there has only been 168 players max at one time for the beta

I've been playing the beta for a while and there's maybe 30 players that I've seen with over 100 games, and that's being generous. I honestly don't know what you could be talking about when I have yet to see a player with more than 150 games. I'm also playing the beta about 5 hours a day so I'd think I'd see at least 1 of these 100 people with 200 games.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

kenty900
    Definatly people ruining it for themselves... got a chance to get some ammendments made and i really think people prefer to moan than actually do anything about it.

I've just been going back to it every other day and then ive been lucky to get one game in a night. But stick enough time in and probably get in that beta easy.... since the competition is lacking numbers.

Well probably no chance of gettin in on that beta now....why haven't i been playing COH for the past 2 mos!!!

Anyone can join the beta, even now.

ya beta for what? I was talking about top 1000 getting beta keys in thread......something about a whole new COH game....is there a new COH game beta I could be playing right now??!!??!!??!!

33. Dawn of War II Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #83
    The beta keys are not for the beta going on now that is free and open for all. It has yet to be announced what game the beta keys are for.

http://spinningplatesmusic.blogspot.com/ - My Blog
    "The book of love has music in it, in fact that's where music comes from, some of it is just transcendental, some of it is just really dumb"

Are they not for the 'Tiger Ace' Campaign?

35. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #85
    Minister of Propaganda Imperial Dane's Avatar
    Why would they make a public beta for a campaign ? It's more likely some unnanounced CoH game.

That's what I'd hoped, but it just seemed like it was the Tiger Ace campaign they were releasing, seeing as noone has the key for it, etc.

Nah companies rarely or ever let 'public' people beta test single player content. If its CoH related then its probably some multiplayer related like play testing the new units online, new multiplayer objectives etc.

I tried installing and I get this error message when its almost done:

ERROR while patching the file COH2\\WW2\Archives\OFFullSpeechEnglish.sga patch may be corrupt or file may be different from the verison the patch was created for ERROR 10104

I have the latest CoH:OF patch running (can log into MP or SP) with no problems.

do you have the english version?

if not, try to rename the OFFullSpeechGerman.sga (for example) to _OFFullSpeechGerman.sga. Then he will copy the right file. Worked for me.

but with patch 2.500 i got the problem that the patch didn't install. After a reinstall of OF retail, everything worked fine!

Chaqa2
    So what exactly is this Playtest? I don't quite understand, but I'm downloading.

The playtest is the beta for the upcoming test. So basically you are able to test the changes for the upcoming patch before it gets released.
    "Ammon, your wrath is indeed fearful, but Scoia... he devours your soul." - Meatkin

23:01 - Officer MORE SEXY: well you can never see enough mangina I suppose :P
    23:01 - Officer Sexy: That's true, it's something you need to experience more than once to fully appreciate

42. Dawn of War II Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #92
    Out of interest (and sorry to resurrect) do games with friends against the AI count? me and my friends enjoy bashing comps every week, and it would be great if it was counting towards the key
    You should check out Priority Vox Channel Secundus, a blog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information