Say you were required to give 2 million dollars to a gaming company to develop a game specifically that would interest you. Assume it's completely private, so it's not a money-making venture, and you'll never have to worry about selling it to someone else or appealing to the mass market - it's for you and your friends only.
1) What would be the genre (or mixed genres)?
2) What would be the setting? (or gaming universe, if set in an existing one?)
3) What (if any) would be the general theme/storyline?
- Must be realistically achievable and playable on TODAY'S high-end systems. Think GeForce FX or Radeon 9800, on a Pentium 3GHz with 1Gb RAM. No virtual reality or vaporware crap.
- It's not THAT much cash that you could create a game that mixes all the genres out there. So you couldn't have, for example, a first-person shooter/real-time strat/adventure/simulation/racing game.