View Poll Results: Should I delete the Eselschreck (donkey) from my mod?

Voters
443. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defenitely, it makes me sick and kills all my joy of playing CoH

85 19.19%
  • yeah, it is completely unrealistic and useless

109 24.60%
  • I don't care

83 18.74%
  • no, it is a funny unit, completely crazy just like Powell.

90 20.32%
  • NO! The Eselschreck is the best thing I have seen in all my life!

76 17.16%
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

NHCmod

NHCmod

Hello, This small mod exists now for about 5 years. It has been released on http://www.moddb.com/mods/nhcmod (and very old versions here: http://companyofheroes.filefront.com).

The Major Features of this mod are:
    Dead corpses stay, artillery range increased, pop cap increased, new units, each side has one hero unit, you can play with and against any faction. Heroes, crazy stuff (like The Maus, Powell, zombies,...) can be activated or deactivated in the reward menu. It also contains an infantry only mode, Early war mode, no pop cap mode and quick start mode in the victory conditions.
    (Ce Mod est aussi francophone)

NHCmod v2.700b (8 February 2014) compatible with Steam version and 2.602:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/nhcmod/dow...602-compatible

NHC Powell mini mod v1.0 (4 August 2013) for Steam version of CoH:
    A mini version for the mod. Only with the lieutenant Powell, Quick-start mode, no pop cap mode, Choice of any faction.
    http://www.moddb.com/downloads/nhc-p...m-version-only

Combiner for EF 1.710 (25 December 2012):
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/nhcmod/dow...1710-hotfix-c2

NHCmod English-German speech Add-on :
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/nhcmod/add...-speech-add-on
    This optional add-on changes the speech of US & British soldier to English and Wehrmacht & Panzer Elite soldier to German. NHCmod v2.602 required!

Notice on the Combiner

Changes of US

Changes of WH

Changes of British

Changes of Panzer Elite

Some screenchots

Some video

Older versions

------------------------------ CREDITS ------------------------------------------
    Thanks to Corsix for his wonderful Corsix's Mod Studio
    Thanks a million to THQ and Relic, for making such kick-ass games!
    Thanks to the developers of War Leaders: Clash of Nation because I love this game.
    Thanks to the developers of Worms™ because a lot of my inspiration comes from this game.

Thanks to DMZ for the Custom Model and Tank Destroyer for Animations of the model of the M15A1.
    Thanks to DMZ for the Custom Model and eliw00d for Animations of the model of the Sturmpanzer IV.
    Thanks to Adiya for the custom model and eliw00d for the Animations and Attributes of the 21cm NW42
    Thanks to evilSpike for the model and Tarlak501 for the skin of the Me-262.
    Thanks to DMZ for the Model/Skin, Tankdestroyer for the Animations/Jeep Edits/Coding and Xalibur for the UI of the SAS jeep.
    Thanks to burtondrummerNY for his Me-109 model.
    Thanks to CohModderSolo for his Stolen HQ skin.
    Thanks to Georider for the Skin and eliw00d for Animations of the Panzer IV with tank commander.
    Thanks to DMz for the Custom Model and custom texture and eliw00d for Animations of the Flakpanzer IV Mobelwagen and 3,7cm FlaK 43.
    Thanks to DMz for the Custom Model and custom texture and eliw00d for Animations of the GMC CCKW with M2HB.
    Thanks to DMZ for the Custom Model and eliw00d for Animations of the PzKpfw Tiger Ausf. E Variants and Célestial for explaining me how to open the hatch.
    Thanks to Broomstickll, Jagdpanther and blackbishop for showing me how to clone factions.
    Thanks to burtondrummerNY for allowing to use some zombie skins of the ZombieMod.
    Thanks to 130th Panzer, tankdestroyer & DMz for the Custom Model, inukshuk for the custom Textures and eliw00d for Animations and Attributes of the Daimler Armoured Car Mk. I
    Thanks to MrScruff & DMz for the Custom Model, inukshuk for the Custom Textures and eliw00d for the Animations and Attributes of the Daimler Scout Car Mk. III
    Thanks to MrScruff for his Jagdtiger and JU87 Stuka models, may he rest in peace.
    Thanks to Loran Korn, Halftrack and Georider for the Grille and Nashorn and thanks to Célestial for explaining me how to fix their weapon.
    Thanks to DemoSS' for his modern skins that are not in this mod but in my private mod.
    Thanks to Slayerknecht for the random skins of Typhoon and P-47.
    Thanks to Skins by Sig21_surgeon who made the P-47 skins.
    Thanks to Aidas2, Pojarsma, Reichsbahn, Slayerknecht, Georider, Tankdestroyer for their Comet, .50 cal Jeep, recoilless jeep, Panther with tank commander and Achiles
    Thanks to Aidas2 for allowing to use his ability_allied_halifax icon.
    Thanks to the Eastern Front Development Team for the Eastern Front mod because it is awesome.
    Thanks to Mannerheim and Henry for their Joint Ops mod, their fa223 Drache and because their maps are too cool.
    Thanks to Aidas2 for allowing to use his ability_allied_halifax icon.
    Thanks to tiger205 for his Elefant.
    Thanks to wufang (model and texture) and Tiger205(animation) for the Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus.
    Thanks to eliw00d, DMZ, medes for their M8 Scott, maxson m55, Flakpanzer38(t), Opel Blitz with flak38 and 90mm GMC M36B1.
    Thanks to Halftrack for his M5 3inch AT gun and improved Jagdpanther with tank commander, Wespe and panther skin.
    Thanks to Ryan (Rygoat) for allowing me to use his Logistics Officer from his RC_Realism mod.
    Thanks to Crasius for allowing me to use his Voss Tiger Ace.
    Thanks to Kamino, for allowing me to use his radio operator.
    Thanks to Lethal Dosage, Speedy, IRGC, djdouge AKA Douglas, flyboy132 for helping me to improve my mod.
    Thanks to Tim McCurdy who allowed me to use his Bloody British Buff mod.
    Thanks to Kyle243 who allowed me to use his icons.
    Thanks to Lethal Dosage for allowing me to use his pantherturm and mortar bunker icon.
    Thanks to Lethal Dosage again for allowing me to use his Sniper Hides v1.10 add-on and Wounded Volks Add-on.
    Thanks to georider for his Western Front Skins.
    Thanks to newBAUS for his Axis defenses! (Featuring flak 88 bunker!)
    Thanks to the Blitzkrieg mod because I like it.
    Thanks to people who played my previous mod and left some comments.
    Special thanks to Paul Binocle for checking some spelling errors.
    Thanks to El_Coyoto and his team for the ToV compatibility and his superb icons.
    Thanks to Tarlak501 for all his tremendous maps and the skin of the Me262.
    Thanks to the anonymous guy who translated my mod in japanese. Please contact me so I can give you proper credits.

A ma bien aimée Billie, t'es toujours aussi adorable et trop mignonne, quel dommage qu'on ne puisse pas se supporter l'un l'autre.

Members of the team:
    AB2531
    El_Coyoto
    Dapz
    Majorcamo
    Tarlak501

Forum francophone:
    http://forum.jeux-strategie.com/inde...ntry1052576847

Recruitment propaganda

Last edited by ab2531; 9th Feb 14 at 3:28 AM. Reason: update

IRGC
    Oh my God where have you been all this time I'm downloading now I guess I will love your mod good work

what's that donkey?

to IRGC : The donkey is The Eselschreck: a very special unit that Relic has created... And I was in Belgium (and I am still there)

to Celéstial: The Panzer IV was already in the PE but unused by Relic and to change the crew, you just need to change the crew_ext inside the ebps file:
    Change the animator_bp from each role_xx
    from Races\Commonwealth\Soldiers\Tommy
    to Races\Allies\Soldiers\VehicleCrew
    Last edited by ab2531; 17th Aug 08 at 2:53 AM.

IRGC
    I have some suggestions for your mod
    1.increase damages for all weapons
    2.change the description for new units they are not good currently
    3.remove that donkey immediately!this is not a comedy game
    4.find some new icons and portaits for your mod (I think you can find them here some people create them)
    5.the mg42 hmg gunner skin doesn't have feet when they crouch you will notice it
    6.nice job

About your suggestion:
    1) I did that in my previous version before OF but every time that Relic made a new patch, I had to redo everything again and again, so I won't touch this even if I think that the damage and the accuracy are unrealistic. (Look at these engineers... even at 1 meter from their target they miss it...) I will only maybe change the damage of the machine guns.
    2) Hum... it's true that some descriptions need to be updated. Unfortunately I only test my mod with my French version of CoH so I don't immediately see what's wrong with my descriptions in French. Sometimes I forget to translate some of them or put something completely stupid. Can you list me all the text that need to be fixed?
    3)NO. You don't have to click on this icon. I only use this donkey when I am going to die for sure for my last stand. I know it is completely useless but I won't delete it from my mod.
    4) Sure I need to make some icons and portraits but for which unit? I managed to use icon that look approximately like what I wanted. Can you give me the name of some people that can create pretty icon and portrait? I don't create it myself because I hate to draw with a mouse.
    5) I checked it and DAMN IT! you were right. I have deleted the skin and now I need a new one.
    6) Thank you

Its turret wasn't rotating because it had no weapon!
    I have just added an improved copy of the original Panzer IV weapon.
    Last edited by ab2531; 17th Aug 08 at 3:22 PM.

IRGC
    thanks you are better than most modders in understaning their mod's problems but that donkey makes the game crash and something else when I sent a squad of glider commandos and planted an explosice charge I saw an explosion like a V1 my commandos died bot nothing else got damaged what's the problem
    most of your new units need new descriptions and I suggest you don't give US the british weapons and brits the US weapons I mean the small arms
    hitler jagund are nonesense I think you should make them like volks but bigger squads like 15 people they need new skins too random weapons isn't a good Idea a hitler youth can't be a 40 yrs old knight cross holder
    I hope you fix these little problems

I don't understand how the donkey could crash the game since the AI will never build it... I know that my mod crash on some map for unknown reason, but works perfectly on others. Why?? It is a good question...

AArgh the bug of the V1, I completely forgot to note it and so to fix it....It is a good thing that you talked about it.
    EDIT: The only bug I remember was that I added the old ability so the Axis could launch 2 V1...hum that's strange.

With the HitlerJugend, do you know how to change the scale of the models? I know how to do that in Dow but not in CoH.
    I suggest you don't give US the british weapons and brits the US weapons I mean the small arms
    You are talking about the supply truck? Except that I didn't give any British weapon to US soldier or vice-versa?
    Last edited by ab2531; 18th Aug 08 at 10:43 AM.

IRGC
    yes I mean supplytruck
    and I'm not a modder you can ask in the forum in how to's section
    the AI doesn't build it I built it and game crashed
    I suggest you make a new Icon for new units and new skings too for new ones like hitler youth they must be young as I said

you should ask for people's help in the forum I think halftrack is one of the best skinners and also the guy who created the historical skin mod is a good skinner ask them to help you
    and finaly thanks

The Supply Truck crashes??? How is this possible? I always use them. The AI never build them and I made that on purpose, because If you allow them to build it, they never stop to build it until they reach the max population.

they never stop to build it until they reach the max population.
    LOL, they do this because it gives them extra resources, making them greedy... right?

i think he was referring to the eselshreck crashing the game.

12. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #12
    THe supply truck doesn't give extra recources (I thought) but you can build heavy weapons with them, and they wll drop them next to the truck.

IRGC
    I didn't mean supply truck crashes I meant supply truck gives us britsh guns and gives brits american guns
    but that donkey crashes the game

The Truck gives some extra resources (Check your income of fuel, ammunition and manpower or the modifier_apply_ext in the ebps file)
    British troops didn't mind to use US weaponry like the Stuart, Sherman, bazooka,...

I have checked the V1, in fact Relic made it that way, it can cause severe damage in a radius of 10 meters but above the damages are incredibly small, no damage above 20 meters. To give you an idea, a squad can see up to 40 meters, so it was not my fault but I have changed the weapon to be more realistic.
    Last edited by ab2531; 19th Aug 08 at 7:26 AM.

Does someone knows how to change or delete a poll?

Last edited by ab2531; 25th Oct 08 at 1:59 PM.
    The NHCmod , a small mod that does a lot of things.

17. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #17
    Which skin are you using for the Stuart? I like it.

And how did you get the supply truck drops the weapons? give me a tut.

Skin: personal skin
    Supply truck: look at its abilities.

This looks...well sounds really good, glad I saw this.
    Will have to look at this mod!

And chat with RGB, he is the guy to see about changing icons and portraits.

mmh... yes
    Don't forget about giving me credits and the link to your mod.

21. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #21
    yeah of course I give you credit.

and the link to your mod

???

Can I have a look to your mod?

23. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #23
    follow my signature.
    Also, the v1.04 isn't that big, the next upcoming version one is alot bigger.

So I like the mod, but i hate the stupid donkey. If i remove the Eselschreck rgd's, deleted the entry in the ucs i should be able to remove them right?

Only thing i can forsee is i may get the option to build thems till, so i need to take these out of the abilities area right?

I dont know much about COH modding but if i could be told how to take it out on my own that would be great. Thanks!

If you just delete the ability, I think it may crash the game. If you know a little bit about modding you can modify the files in racebps and axis_infantry_company.rgd and axis_panzer_elite.rgd with Corsis to delete the Ezelshreck from the commander ability.

I just left it be. One thing, the priest on the allies, i build it but it is invisible??

How could it be? hum...
    I suppose you messed with my mod by blending it with others.

I have made several changes to your mod, but in the vanilla version of your mod i still had the issue. I just rewrote the priest files and now they work.

Something corrupted on install i suppose.
    Last edited by Husky42; 11th Dec 08 at 1:30 AM.

Tucker004
    I highly recommend the creator of the Historical Skin Mod for skins, he does great work!

New version NHCmod 1.2 released.

New version NHCmod OF v1.3 released. It contains several new units:
    6 pounder AT gun, Firefly Ace, Pershing Ace, 76 mm AT gun, Bunker with 88mm Pak 43, Nashorn...

32. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #32
    Looks good my friend! May I use some of your unit icons/portraits/symbols?

Just one thing, the Bren carrier with the HMG loaded looks somewhat... uhm.... ridiculous.

You can pick some icons and symbols, but don't forget to give credits to the respective authors. The Panterturm and mortar bunker icon are from LethalDosage. The skin come from georider and the rest are just modified icon from me.

ab2531 heres some suggestions for NHC 1.4 for the supply truck if u find the RGM include the sten for the british and/or the silenced sten and if u can include some maps lets face it ppl are tired of the classic COH MP and skirmish maps and if u can again include panther buildable for the PE and firefly for the US ohh and the wehr should also get the Ostwind a upgrade to a Wirblewind hoped i helpped in some sort of way thx

There are a lot of good maps on the net, download and try them. I am not a mapper just a modder. It is possible to add the sten to the supply truck but as you can see there aren't any more empty room to add a weapon to the british supply truck.

Buildable panther is ok, not a bad idea, easy to do. I don't think it would improve the whermacht if I add the Wirblewind to them. The Ostwind is more effective against infantry and light vehicles.

well there just suggetions and the supply truck well u could create a seperate truck for the british and put other weapons u could put in the bren, recoiless rifle, thompson, sten and a mod has the No.4 mk1 lee enfield and maybe the slienced sten, it would be funny for the rifle section to have a slienced sten or powell with a silenced sten . again its a suggetion . also is it possible to put in a MP40 for the german supply truck in exchange for the morter becasue not many ppl use the morter and plus ppl always wanted to have MP40s for the greinaders but instead all they could have is the Mp44 and the MG42 and panzershreck (plus what happed to the unarmed panzerfaust man once u give one of your men a panzerfaust form the truck) that was really affective also the ostwind- wiblewind upgrade when ppl got the mod they made airborne blobs with recoiless rifles and the ostwind was destoyed within a matter of minites with the wirblewind upgrade they could kill them more affectivly plus if you could you could have it so it suppress the infantry donw like a tank shock but better

MP40 is a good idea, I take note of it.
    Powell does not need a sten, he has his thomson. I have deleted the panzerfaust from the supply a long time ago because after the first shoot, the rocket is fire from nowhere without animation.

okay i know about Powell with his tompson but with the supply trucks ya'know ppl can customise Powell ppl over the years with Lt. Powelll have givern him the weapons from the supply truck ppl have givern him M9 bazzoka, BAR etc with out his upgrade and i'm not sayin you have to but give him choice of weapons from the supply trucks

also have you considered doctrinable realism EG US Airborne doctrne gifes you access to only airborne men like no more rifle men just airborne and airborne HMG and morter sniper etc
    Last edited by LloydyBoy; 17th Feb 09 at 2:48 AM.

A last version of my mod before the upcoming of Tales of Valor in April has been released:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/nhcmod/dow.../nhcmod-of-v14

very nice good job mate thx for the MP40 and the Flame bren
    are u planing to do more NHC mods for Tales Of Valor

Of course, but I will have to buy Tales of Valor first, then finish it and after that I am going to mod it.

Schwimmingwagen Bug

i found a bug in the game the other day

when u recover a destoyed schwiminwagen with a bergetiger a yellow box comes up saying "missing LUA let there be panic" and take the place of the schwimminwagen and the veicle is not recovered
    Attached Images
    Last edited by LloydyBoy; 18th Mar 09 at 8:48 AM.

That sounds.... comical

That sounds.... comical

i found another bug again

this one is the US well see for yourself
    Attached Images

The bug with the Schwimmwagen is my bad... I know how to fix it.
    But about the jeep and the riflemen I don't know what can cause that, it is maybe the camera. Does this ALSO happen when you put the graphics on max?

47. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #47
    Is the problem because the jeep has no crew, or because it has a very low opinion of EA Games?

If it's the former, it's probably either because it has no crew assigned or a bad mixed model, if it's the latter, wll i don't see the problem. :P

The problem is that I haven't change the model of the jeep or the riflemen. I use the original model and I didn't touch the crew. And worst of all, it works fine on my computer.

Thanks for trying to help Lethal Dosage.
    (I don't get the joke with EA Games)

well the Riflemen and the jeep has been fixed it was my PC, (my bad) how i found out was i went on another game and found that the riflemen and jeep was fixed. hope the schimmingwagen thing tho is fixed in the next patch.

@Lethal dosage
    i dont get the joke either.

first of all ,great mod , well designed and well balanced, and I say that from a line of experience, playing different mods since coh 1.71. I dont think anyone else has ever thought of before/added those great wooden shacks...great work there , keep it up.

any plans on implementing some custom skins to change that vanilla coh taste of wehrmacht 'snow suits' and other unflavored eye candy? I know its your mod and your choice , but it would look better.

And the jeep joke of 'EA sucks' or whatever is written there , most likely means how EA has bought out/ 'annexed' /driven out of business, smaller gaming companies over the years , most notably westwood.
    "Only happy people have nightmares, from overeating. For those who live a nightmare reality, sleep is a black hole, lost in time, like death." - Guy Sajer, The Forgotten Soldier

Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information