View Poll Results: Should I delete the Eselschreck (donkey) from my mod?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defenitely, it makes me sick and kills all my joy of playing CoH

85 18.89%
  • yeah, it is completely unrealistic and useless

111 24.67%
  • I don't care

84 18.67%
  • no, it is a funny unit, completely crazy just like Powell.

91 20.22%
  • NO! The Eselschreck is the best thing I have seen in all my life!

79 17.56%
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1472

NHCmod

Aww. I see you've left out the map "[NHC]Test (2)". It was a very fun tournament map to play against a hard AI or an opponent. Could you make it available as a separate download if you're not gonna include it in your release?

Vietnam|Glory Obscured Beta-Testing Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_Logan View Post
    Aww. I see you've left out the map "[NHC]Test (2)". It was a very fun tournament map to play against a hard AI or an opponent. Could you make it available as a separate download if you're not gonna include it in your release?
    Well, this was just a test map used for testing new units. It was not supposed to be integrated to the mod. It was packed in 2.602a by mistake. This map has 4 bridges that are all needed to reach the enemy base. Once one of these is destroyed, the game become quite static and it turns into an artillery map.

However, here is the map in .sga format:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21141...ST%282p%29.sga

It must be put in
    C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\My documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\WW2\Scenarios
    The map was made by Tarlak501.
    The NHCmod , a small mod that does a lot of things.

Thanks, man. I really appreciate it. This made my day over here

I love the bug with able and baker squad it makes them sooo much fun.

One thing i would like it if you could add is another light vehicle for the Americans in early war mode, their m8 armored cars get ripped to shreds by the German vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by PMAgent2013 View Post
    I love the bug with able and baker squad it makes them sooo much fun.
    Hum... which bug?

Withernwick you know that place you've never heard of
    i think he means being able to over reinforce via the "field dressing" ability
    I lost the game guys

yeah that's the one, i got them up to 20 units in each squad. if they are below 4 you go to hq to reinforce them, then you can use the field dressing ability and they get another squad member. so it goes to 5/4 6/4 7/4 and so on.
    Please don't fix the bug though it makes them so much better.

Ah...yeah. I know about this exploit but I don't plan to fix it.

AWESOME, thanks so much!

just out of curiosity, why does the sniper paratrooper take 4 population, but the one from the barracks only take 1?

My bad. It should have been 1. Thanks for reporting.

np, thanks for replying

can i ask something even if this mod is great i prefer more "serious" mod but i love the infantry only mode.the problem is most " serious" mods dont want to add this.how difficult is to create something like this fore others mods or could you realease this mod as simple addon (in order to be able to use it with others mod)

It is relatively easy to do that if you have a basic knowledge of LUA/scar coding. However the code must be modified for each specific mod and it will takes time to do it. If the other mods don't want to do it, it is not my problem. If you really want it, do it yourself. If you don't know how, teach it yourself. This is what I did.

you said you lost contact with the mods mapper, have you gotten in touch with him recently? Also you said the air warfare map was unfinished, what else has to be added/changed to it.

No, I still have no news from him for 1 month and I am getting really worried. He seems so eager to send his new maps before the release and he was a really active members sending screenshots, maps, videos and suggestions. I only knows his e-mail address and that he lives in Alsace in France, well I don't even know if he is still alive :S.

oh, wow. well i hope he ok. :-(

have some of the unit stats been changed? feel alittle diffrent
    us airborne and ranger seem much stonger and sas and commmando seem weaker same with firefly ace i walk all over the brits but us troops just seem to be harder

No. The attack and accuracy bonuses of the rangers have been deleted. It is the commando that now got them. It's in your head.

ok good to know its in my head it will keep the voices in telling me to burn everyone company
    you where talking about a second ace here some options pending the moder (owner) let u use the

1949 mod Centurion (drools witth lust)http://www.moddb.com/mods/1949
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/1949/image...n-wip#imagebox

black prince 17 pounder churchill from fur-the-fuhrer mod might be a dead mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/fur-the-fu...-viii#imagebox

and the easy option is useing the camo comit from easten front
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/coheastern...-skin#imagebox

and some fun tanks we need :P

Last edited by wildcardTBC; 12th Jan 12 at 2:25 PM.

if you can get the Black Prince (A43) Churchill
    its very diffrent to the Mk IV (A22) that in the game now the a22 had Armour at its stongest point of 110 mm of armour almost as good as a tigers 120 mm
    where as the a43 had 152 mm (6.0 inches) the Centurion tank was also 152 mm
    all these tanks are heavy to give you an idear poor old sherman armour on its strongest point was 76mm

found some free 3d models if any one can do them or us em

Centurion tank http://www.sharecg.com/v/7936/View/5...in-Battle-Tank

m3 lee/grant tank
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/46011/View/.../M3-Grant-Tank
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/38765/View/...nt-Medium-Tank

Ju-87 'Stuka' http://www.sharecg.com/v/49069/View/...uka-divebomber

Focke-Wulf 190 Twin Pack http://www.sharecg.com/v/48656/View/...-190-Twin-Pack

Consolidated B-24 J Liberator http://www.sharecg.com/v/48140/View/...24-J-Liberator
    Last edited by wildcardTBC; 14th Jan 12 at 5:54 AM.

hi every body !!! im back after some problems to solve irl but now all is good and fix
    hope ur enjoying the inf mod and early war mod with this you can discover again coh by playing and focusing units that are "uselles" in standart coh and having fun on maps that are "little" but once u have to cross all with inf it seam so far lol
    and i hope u like the maps too
    Well on thing to say nhc mod a little thing that makes big changes

happy new year!! and all good thing to coh players DD
    Last edited by Tarlak501; 16th Jan 12 at 5:28 AM.

Welcome back Tarlak501!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlak501 View Post
    happy near and all good thing to coh players DD
    I think you wanted to type "happy new year".

Welcome back!!!!!

lool yea i have made a contraction word ^^ with new and year lol

i think there's a black prince model on a mod some where cant remember which one tho its on moddb some where

Hi guys, after a long time away from the mod and the comunity, I'm back...
    Happy New Year to everyone and best wishes for all and your family.

@ab2531
    I'll do the icons very soon... sorry but the loss of my hdd was hard... too much work lost...
    The NHCmod, a small mod that do a lot of things.

Cancer Crew Gaming Clan... More like a family than a team.

Welcome back El_Coyoto!
    Mes condoléances pour le hdd
    Please, can you look at the latest version to see which icons are missing? I myself can't remember anymore.

I really like NHCMOD.
    The Eastern Front has been updated to 1.61.
    CombinerMOD can be quickly update, please.
    I hope to NHCMOD to support Traditional Chinese.
    THANK YOU!

Combiner for EF 1.6.0.1

An updated combiner for EF 1.6.0.1 is available:
    http://www.moddb.com/downloads/combiner-v1600
    Last edited by ab2531; 5th Feb 12 at 2:39 PM.

Fast work ab2531! Thanks for this. Not only is your mod great fun on its own merits, for me the combiner is the only way to play Eastern Front. I find 'vanilla' EF's soviet AI to be virtually non-existent, with soviet ai players spamming call-ins and building no other units. With the combiner, soviet ai works properly like all the other factions.

Thanks again!

AFAIK, he didn't modified soviet AI... let alone that robotnik fixed the call-in spamming like three patches ago XD.

I confirm. I did not touch soviet AI. I just made all AIs becoming cheaters.

any new or luck on a multiplayer Combiner ?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcardTBC View Post
    any new or luck on a multiplayer Combiner ?
    No. Follow the "do it yourself" section in the manual if you really want to have a full combiner. No guaranteed results. Make it at your own risks.

I hope to be able to cancel the dead bodies does not disappear patch.SO....the dead bodies too many,the games too lag. faint...

----------

has a little bug....Can not replace the Air Force officer.

The Maus

This is a long thread and I dont know if anyone has answered this yet but I hope somebody will go easy on me for being a noobie. All I want to know is how to get the maus tank in game. I play against the AI who had one and it was impossible to kill (i couldnt out flank it due to other AI). The rewards are kind of confusing, some of them say enable, some say disable and your supposed to have a green thumbs up or not. it says I have the maus enabled in the rewards and I disabled the tiger ace and tiger ace 205. because on the maus description it says that the maus can be called in only after the first king tiger is call in, under the propoganda strategy, which I assume means terror doctorine. I have been able to play with the tiger and tiger ace 205 but not the maus. when I disable the 205 it just means I can only call in the first king tiger.

any ideas? I am sure its a simple solution.
    Last edited by Rockwell; 7th Feb 12 at 10:16 AM.

To get the Maus:
    Reward maus=on (=green)
    Choose Whermacht
    Select propaganda (or terror depending on which language) doctrine
    Call 1st King Tiger
    Call the Maus.

I will try it again, but I have the maus enabled (green) and it wasnt working. I would just get king tiger and then nothing after that because I have the 205 disabled.

oh i should mention I am running the combiner mod, i dont know if this makes a difference.

----------

yeah still no maus, I have a grey box that shows the 205, but I cant call it in obviously cuz I have it disabled. there is a totally grey box to the far left of all the call in buttons, doesnt show anything. I wonder if I try it without the combiner mod if I will have the same problem. idk im stuck.

----------

OK I tried just playing the NHCmod v2.602b by itself (without combiner) and I finally got the maus. I dont know if anyone else is having this problem with the combiner.

Rockwell : change line under the nhctov.bat to :

RelicCOH.exe -mod NHCToV -dev -unlock_all_missions -nomovies

Unlocking all mission = gain Tiger 205 enabled

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwell View Post

OK I tried just playing the NHCmod v2.602b by itself (without combiner) and I finally got the maus. I dont know if anyone else is having this problem with the combiner.
    I will see what's the problem with the combiner.

Thanks. Its a great mod by the way. With all that has been done with with it plus a combiner with EasternFront there are bound to be issues here and there, but I will still vote this mod of the year by a long shot.

One other thing I was wondering about the "cheating" AI. I don't know very much about this, but just from my experience so far it seems that it can be inconsistant. Meaning that sometimes it seems like the Normal AI is like it normally is with COH (pretty dang easy) and other times it seems super aggressive and very difficult from the very begining, having way too much infantry very early in the game. Just wondering if other people had noticed this or if its just me.

Rockwell depend on you ie how you play and it depends on the map but sometime it easy other time it a up hill strugle atlest it not like dow one where its too easy or you get raped

must have missed the do it youself part in the manual ad2531 we will give it a try see if it turns out ok

How to play LAN/internet multiplayer game with the Combiner?

Well, it was not called "do it yourself" in the Combiner manual.txt but "How to play LAN/internet multiplayer game with the Combiner?". Here is what it says:

How to play LAN/internet multiplayer game with the Combiner?
    =======================================
    The public version of the combiner does not allow you to play in multiplayer. You will have to get it yourself.
    Here are the step for making it run yourself:
    - Download and install Corsix mod studio (http://modstudio.corsix.org/)
    - Download and install latest Eastern Front (http://www.moddb.com/mods/coheastern-front/downloads)
    - Download and install latest NHCmod (http://www.moddb.com/mods/nhcmod/downloads)
    - Find your Company of Heroes folder
    - Copy all the files from the folder Company of Heroes\Eastern_Front to Company of Heroes\Combiner_Full
    - Run Corsix chose "Load Single SGA Archive"
    In your company of heroes folder:
    - Open \NHCToV\Archives\attribarchive.sga
    - right-click on "attrib"
    - Select "Extract all in this folder"
    - Click on Go!
    - Select find the path to THQ\Company of Heroes\Combiner_Full
    - Then click on "Ok"
    - Close Corsix

- Do the same for \NHCToV\Archives\Data.sga and \NHCToV\Archives\sound.sga (I forgot to write this step in the manual)

- Repeat all these step for \Combiner\Archives\attribarchive .sga
    - Repeat all these step for \Combiner\Archives\Data.sga (right-click on "attrib" become right-click on "data")
    - Use Combiner_full.bat to launch the full combiner.

There is absolutely no guarantee that this will works even if you follow all these steps exactly.

I guess what I mean by it being very difficult, like I can hardly get out of my base because there are infantry swarming everywhere. This has only happened a couple of times where it just seemed impossible that anyone could have beat it. Also I have been playing COH for a while now, and I do like a challenge, but few times its just has seemed ridiculous. Maybe if I had selected expert AI I would expect it to be that way.

So you also encounter such difficulties in normal and easy?

I think Maus and Jagdtiger should be in green button to let human player able to spawn them. But there's something strange that even it's on, I found the AI can't spawn them.

I try to replay the match and change to the PE Tank Destroyer AI, and I found "requires activation in reward menu" on Jagdtiger grey box. In case of Maus, there's not even any Maus box after the AI spawn the first King Tiger. When it was destroyed, the box appeared is the second KT.

These things happened in the same match, which I had a Maus spawned, and green button on reward menu.

Any idea?

no update?

@jjpwtd: AI don't call heroes or special tanks, they build them because they can cheat. I have reduced the probability for the AI to spawn the Maus and Jagdtiger, because I had too many complaining about how impossible it was to beat them maybe I should return it to how it was before.

About the next version:

I have to recognize that I don't have any idea left to add for a newer version of the NHCmod. I have added the skin gently given by DMz for the British and US 75mm autocar and fixed the bug that allows the Jagdtiger to kill any tank in one shot no matter the health bar of the target. (That's why it seemed more powerfull that the Maus) but let's face the truth I am getting old and Company of Heroes too...
    All the crazy ideas I had are things I wanted to add to CoH 5 years ago but I didn't know how. I have learned slowly how to mod by myself and step by step my small mod of 3 Mb that only had Powell became what it is today with quick start mode, infantry only mode, zombies, Maus, a combiner for EF soviets, V2, flying donkeys, Gattlings, aliens,...(there are many hidden stuff in the mod ) The mod was even published in PC Gamer and I am pretty proud of it.
    I was of course not alone during all the development of the mod and I am very thankful to all the members of the team who have contributed for the maps, textures and icons. I also want to thank the modding community for giving freely new models, tutorials and support that have been very useful.

So, if I summarize I am in lack of inspiration and I am asking if anyone has still some good idea to share for the mod?
    I will still continue to release new version of the combiner for each new EF version or if someone spot a very critical bug.

how bout adding new tanks to the game or how about making a vehicles only game mode
    "I can haz cheezburgerz?"
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread Information