Yes, all doctrines will look like that. The bottom left upgrade has no other requirement to unlock it, just the 2 CP's.
Yes, all doctrines will look like that. The bottom left upgrade has no other requirement to unlock it, just the 2 CP's.
great...I like it so far!!
R.I.P.(Requiescat in pacem) loran korn & MrScruff
Normandy 44:European Theater Team Member (s0uNds t3sTeR,fOrUmS Ass!stAnt,c0d¡ng c0nsUltaNt)
Perhaps for Armoured Company, you could have an upgarde which adds the M18 Hellcat as an addition to the Tank factory (instead of a reward unit).
For Tank Destroyer doc, perhaps a mid-tree upgrade which allows all tank destroyer to use an ambush camouflage (the Hetzer Ambush, but enabled for all tank destroyers).
Good idea for the M18 Hellcat, but I think a call-in unit would be better than replacing the M10, since I don't like replacing units. "Unfortunate I already finished the TD Tactics, look on Tyler4171's screenshot. I need some 1 more idea for the Armor Company now and 2 for the Royal Scotts. If I finish those 2 doc's I can release v1.09.
If it will help get this out faster, let me see what I can think of :-)
I have been doing brits the most lately.
brit artillery: call in air recon.
brit engineers: secure resource points.
Looking forward to the next release. I have been doing BtB and Cross of Iron mods the most lately. (I like Europe at war but it seems to crash on my system more often, no idea why)
In 1.08 you dont seem to have Kangaroo or staghound, is that still true in 1.09?
Staghound! You are my hero! That will be a Command vehicle reinforcement for the Royal Sotts! And the Royal Scotts will also be able to build some kind of obervation post, good ideas mate.
Now I only need ideas for the Armor Company.
About the Kangaroo: Yes it will be available for the Royal Canadian Artillery as a reinforcement. When you call it in, it will be garrissoned by a Canadian Infantry squad and a Lieutenant.
sound good, I was going to suggest some kind of reinforcement call in for the scotts. I tend to get overrun a lot with them and need emergency reinforcerments. The other thing I miss is a sniper, I really wish I could peal off the sniper from a recon squad and have him go camo. (or have the whole recon squad go camo with hold fire for scouting).
My house is being buzzed by a B17,B24, and a P51C all morning so I think I am going to head over to the airfield and see them up close. Later.
Ok, have fun. The Commando Tree has a sniper, build from the Commando Glider.
Back to Basics: Battle of the Hedges v1.09 released!
Download at first post.
yeah... finally thx a lot...downloading.
I was just wondering what sound file does the american machine gun nest use as this seems to be quite a bit louder than other effects so when i turn the volume down to compensate the other effects are fairly quiet.
I've got the sound file converter & want to decrease the volume on this these files.
@jaylo138: you can't do that,you need to modify the file with a sound editor.
how do i install mod i cant figure out how?
Last edited by Bowkers; 21st Sep 09 at 9:21 PM. Reason: removed smilies
I know, i'll just convert them to a wav file then reduce the volume in windows sound recorder & convert them back.
I just need to know which ones they are.
@orca: Just put all the files in your main CoH Directory and then use the Shortcut to launch.
Thank you for your mod...
Thank a lots for your tutorials...
I'm helping ab2531 for his mod NHCOF.
I ask you if i can use your radio operator icon, portrait and symbol for NHCOF Mod?
@jaylo138:you can find it under the name of 1917,look with the SMF player and you will find it.
I am disapointed, no credits for me?
BTW: Happy to test the new version
@El Coyoto: Sure you can, just give me a little credit.
@huetti07: O my gosh! I totally forgot to add the German .ucs file. I am sorry mate. I will add it in v1.100 I guess.
Really enjoying the mod, thanks for all the hard work! One problem though- the game has locked up on me on all 4 co-op games that I have played so far. My mate was able to paly on and finish. Message Said that it couldnt create an error report. No problems with main game. Was wondering if there were any known bugs or issues which would explain this....
Don't worry you have already credits for your tuto... one more for your icons...
hmm scorry, i havent seen this issue.....
Back To Basics Forum: http://www.btbmod.com/
where is the short cut or is it regular coh
Last edited by orca12345; 22nd Sep 09 at 4:39 PM.
there must be a problem with the download link ,please check it again
are u talking to me georider
Well there is a .lnk file. Its called Back to Basics.lnk
not there i used the link on your page and backtobasics.ink is not there
Wonderful mod Celestail! Really good job.
I have one small suggestion. I am PE (Scorched Earth) player and have played several games and a have been cut off from ammo points that turned all Hummels into sitting ducks followed by inevitably loss.
So my proposal instead of burgetiger (doctrine one ) player to able to call ammopanzer or supplies truck which to remove necessity of ammo points to keep Hummels running giving a PE player fighting chance in the hardest moments.
Last edited by capitansalam; 15th Oct 09 at 6:24 AM.
No, that is why I gave Artillery barrages a munitions cost. So you have to hold your ground to keep the battery running.
The new version is really cool, but without german version
An interesting change would be to decrease the tanks field of view depending on their armour class
tiger, and CWs Panther skins are kinda buged for me..they keep turning black. though you can see the actuly texture under this shade
Last edited by Sephy; 1st Oct 09 at 8:28 PM. Reason: Found another skin with the "black"
Tyler4171 has that same problem aswell, but I do not. I will have to look into it, but I doubt it's my mod.
Celestial- I also downloaded your mod and it didnt come with a shortcut
that's odd man,I don't have that problem,did you installed eveything and placed on it's correct place???
I already fixed the black skins now. It was a problem where I left the value for the teamcolor in the .rgm empty.
Something i noticed about your churchill with croc upgrade is that it only fires the flame if a suitable target is in front of it.
It doesn't auto acquire targets with the flame like the crocodiles in the Caen campaign missions.
Yeah I know that, it's because the Flamethrower is a accessoiry weapon, and the 6pdr is it's main weapon.
Excellent Mod Celéstial, been playing this for the last night or two. Balance is much better than the norm these days, and I haven't seen too many issues to point out as of yet.
For me personally the mod is a little too restrictive, what do I mean by that? I always loved lots of variety, and your trees would be better expanded some more for my liking. Its killing me which tree to pick, because I know there are going to be lots of units I can't use. I know you are an old K-MOD user, and that is where I started, lots of added units and features. Maybe more build-able extras like bunkers, sandbags, wire, walls, mg nests, FlaK guns, and especially the Tank traps and Road blocks on more squads and factions. If you pick the defense tree that is all you get, the other two, no defenses what so ever.
1) Love the Trucks, these are extras that I crave.. maybe they could drop off goodies like mg's, bazookas, Thomsons, Bars, Panzerfausts, etc. Another Idea I always thought would be neat, was If your supply trucks could deliver Fuel Points or Ammo Points, maybe buy them with Manpower.
2) One of the first addons too this game originally was the Medic, maybe Medics for all sides. As the Wehrmacht I could not heal, except when I found a PE AI partner that upgraded a house.
3) Is there a chance you could add Officers or maybe Sergeants to each faction. Name them from the campaigns, or generic ones something like the British Campaign in OF.
One problem I did have, was a Black Tiger, with only the exhaust vents and the rolled up bags on the side of the Turret showing color... no sorry the treads also had color. I believe there might have been a BergeTiger as well like this, but I did try the Blitzkrieg mod and that might have been in that. (I hope you didn't change that unit, the other mod had it only salvaging wrecks for ammo points, this was my favorite vehicle to use... they ruined it). Another mod somewhere had American abilities to salvage and repair wrecks, from a pioneer truck or something, what do you think?
Now this one is pure fantasy, but what the hey!, Is it possible to repair shell holes or damaged roads. Example, the shelling has destroyed a road so badly the AI won't drive over it with tanks because ..well it can't. Something like that shelled area in Carpiquet Airfield, there are areas you cant get tanks to drive through. Also you build a trench, it gets destroyed, there is now a big hole there, why? Should be able to repair the trench at least. Pioneers should be able to drive up and repair holes by shoveling in dirt, and smoothing it out, Do you think this is possible?
all in all though great job, I will be keeping this one for awhile, and hopefully you will work on my Xmas Wish List, with lots more buildable stuff.
Last edited by XAMOT; 14th Oct 09 at 4:50 PM.
Thanks mate, I was actually stunned that the balance was so good.
I am a old KMOD user indeed, loved it. But hey, I play this game since the earliest BETA. I also love alot of variety, but I also like to keep some units restricted to some commander trees (to keep the orginal CoH feeling). Now you realy have to think how you want to play the game, and choosing a commander tree is vital to your strategy.
To answer your questions:
- Yeah, I like the trucks myself aswell, maybe I might give them a "drop weapon" ability. Maybe only for the Wehrmacht, since the Allied Supply Drop (from Airborne Tree) drops Bazooka's and Thompsons.
- All factions can heal their squads, although I cnsider to make a medical unit for the Commonwealth. The current healing units are:Opel Blitz Ambulance (build from Krieg Barracks)
Medic (build from Triage Center)
Supply Halftrack (build from Logistics Kompanie; is the converted Munitions Halftrack).
Next to those units you also have the already healing buildings.
- No, I finished making Officers and Command units, since there already alot ingame. (Tiger 812 "Tiki", Captain, Hauptmann, Staff Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Leutnant).
The Black Tiger has been fixed, along with all other black units. This will be i the next release.
Your last idea is not possible. The repairing trenches is possible, I might do that.
Thanks Celéstial for answering my small review honestly and with an open mind. I actually was worried about viewing the thread today wondering what response I was going to get. The last thread I responded too about a mod, I (and others) got ridiculed for our troubles. It is one thing, to understand "why" a certain object is there, and how it works into the scheme of things, and quite another to have something rammed in, that has no value or worth other than filling out the slots.
I actually found the old K-MOD file 1.29 which was my favorite, that was before Kyran got into the troubles with AI artillery spam, and although he corrected those problems later on, the mod seemed to slip in other areas of added units as well, so all in all I found that earlier work the best.
1) OK, so speaking of trucks and added drops, I really miss the different sorts of pioneers that could build little extras, Hey I'm a turtle and proud of it, I always build up a strong defense and just about the time I can't take anymore pressure from the AI, things start too turn around, either that or I have lost. The AI spams units and does the rushing game, and I hate that rushing game, but hey it appeals to the "kiddies" I love big maps, and lots of fighting, grinding wear me down, plugging holes in the line fighting! If it ain't frustrating it ain't worth the effort. As long as all trees have some units that can build walls, bags, bunkers, and especially demo charges! I mean seriously, who ever heard of a pioneer, engineer, or what ever in any army who could not blow something up, or repair for that matter. They all should have flamethrowers, explosives, anti-tank charges (mines) build walls, sandbags, and maybe even be able to repair houses and other buildings that the AI keeps destroying with their shoddy pathing and artillery spams. I have learned to hate the Calioppe and that Priest.
2) Hmmm I seemed to have missed those units in the game, playing as Wehrmacht and the PE, I guess I did see the ambulance Opel, but guess I forgot it. As for the PE, didn't see that at all, but they get restored from their HQ's, so that wasn't a biggy. I really enjoy the way ypu allow those empty houses to be manned and turned into forward HQ's, that is a big plus right there, I do not enjoy mods that take this one little option out. Speaking of which, can the Brits turn an house into a forward HQ...? Never played them yet, or for a long while now, mind you there was a mod that enabled Canadian Infantry I loved that, they were a little bit better, and Scots would be icing on the cake, especially Kilted ones!
3) OK, sorry to hear that but I respect that, I like giving an officer to say every three squads, and then equipping them with 1 mg, 1 mortar and 1 AT gun, especially if they crew fallen ones or captured weapons, so they have the same skins. First units might be Grenadiers or SS if I can get them (hint,hint with the WH defense tree), third platoon Volks etc. Thats the neat thing about the Brits you can have 3 Looeys but they don't need any special ability just a "shoulder to lean on". There is always one guy in every squad that when they come out of the starting building that always waves the others down, and strats giving command signals. It would be great if you could implement say when a squad gets upgraded with the extra man, that he is a different skin or maybe helmet instead of cap, or cap instead of helmet, depending on the unit. Or when the PE's get there top sergeants ability, some way to add a "squad leader" type individual to the unit, something like upgrading a man in the unit to carry a bren, or a bar. Sorry don't mean to beat that one to death, but this would be awesome and unique.
Anyway, I hope you were planning on expanding the trees to the bigger ToV system, thus giving more units, added value, or whatever. Some type of artillery for all factions should be a given now, there are so many, like the Wespe, the emplacement howitzer, the 88 one is great by the way. I guess I can't get enough bunkers, buildings or whatever to build ahahaha. All engineer type units should be able to build all types of walls, blocks or whatever. Seems strange that the Americans in CoH only built the triple metal "calopes" yet those were the Germans that started this all over the beachheads. Germans cant build these ??? An the Yanks don't know how to build dragons teeth although they don't get associated with these a lot. And at least give WH pioneers something to destroy a bridge or throw at a bunker. All engineer types need some explosives this is for balance as well.
Anyway, great job, love the mod, and am playing it strictly at the moment, the others and there ground rush just don't turn my crank. There is nothing worse than sitting, frustrated, watching hundreds of enemy AI units over running the place, meanwhile you are waiting for enough points to build a cheap pioneer unit that will be killed anyway.
p.s. almost forgot, I love the mg's now, better range, better firepower, there is no way the AI should be able to keep crawling toward a MG and attack them. I can't do it with my units, why should they. BUT!! on that note, last night a British (I think, maybe US) heavy mg team took out my armored car in seconds, I sat there stunned, wondering what the hey!! I mean I know they are not armored like a tank, but small arms and Mg's should not penetrate armored cars that quickly or at all, should they??
Wow, nice review mate! I appreciate that you take your time to write such a post!
I never had any problems with the AI spamming artillery in the later versions of KMOD, odd.
1.Meh, I like my current building menus I made. I think you overlooked some, and you need to take your time to discover all the aspects of Back to Basics: Battle of the Hedges.
Waffen SS (Panzer Elite)
·When choosing the Scorched Earth Tactics, build a Brute Force Center to train Logistic Pioneers, they can build a nice MG42 emplacement and the Road Blocks.
When unlocking the Bergetiger reinforcement, call it in to construct bunkers that can be converted in Medic Stations (and later Repair Bunker, in next version).
·When choosing Luftwaffe Tactics, call in Luftwaffe Ground Forces, they can build the 20mm Flakvierling, 88mm Flak 36, a nice MG42 emplacement and basic defenses.
·When choosing the Atlantikwall Doctrine, and when you unlock “Dig In!”, your pioneers can build: 81mm Mortar Emplacement, 50mm PaK 38 emplacement, 88mm Flak 36 emplacement and the 88mm Flak 36 Howitzer emplacement (which will be replaced with the 105mm Howitzer, which was custom made by AGameAnx).
When unlocking “Take Cover!”, Basic Infantry can build trenches.
·When choosing Airborne Company, and you unlock the M1917 HMG Emplacement, your Airborne Infantry can build that MG nest. Airborne can build Trenches and other stuff as well.
·When choosing Infantry Company, and you unlock the “Defensive Operations”, your Infantry can build defenses (like vCoH).
Rangers can build defenses as well.
·When choosing Royal Scottish Engineers, you can train Scottish Infantry from your Headquarters Command Truck. After you unlock “Secure the Lines!”, they will be able to build a Operation Post (looks like a Mortar Emplacement).
·When choosing Royal Canadian Artillery, you can train Canadian Infantry from your Headquarters Command Truck. After you unlock 40mm Bofors AA-Gun, they can build the 40mm Bofors Emplacement.
2.No, the Commonwealth cannot upgrade forward HQ’s, since they can move their 3 HQ’s anywhere they want. Repairing Houses is possible, but it is a too much work (expect when done with macro, which I cannot), and they will not be looking restored anyways.
3.The Panzer Elite “Veteran Sergeant” thingy is a good idea, might consider that.
I am done with making new units, I don’t want to make it overcrowded like some mods do (I do not name them, since I do like the mods, but I don’t want to make Back to Basics: Battle of the Hedges like that.
Waffen SS (Panzer Elite) Light Vehicles have been buffed, they did die too easily indeed.
I could advice you to play all races, all Commander Trees and try making all units and buildings to see what they can do, actually I can advice everyone to do that.
Uhm.....I know this sounds totally noob, but how do you install this mod?
"Faith is my SHIELD, my fury is my SWORD!!!"
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)