Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

[v3.1] Back to Basics for v2.602 - New version release! (2013-03-24)

1. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #1

[v3.1] Back to Basics for v2.602 - New version release! (2013-03-24)

Back to Basics v3.1

Back to Basics fans,

Version 3.0 has been released! It has been more than eight months of development and we have a lot of changes included. Now for some details of what this release contains:

• Global combat mechanics have been improved in many ways, creating a more constant, less random and more skill based battles, while maintaining the lethality of all the weapons. The combat system of the mod continues to improve with both being balanced yet cruelly realistic and deadly.
    • Every nation has received a lot of attention in terms of balancing and design. These changes create more diverse army composition options, making everything more viable to get and use, adding depth, but maintaining balance.
    • Every Commander Tree has been redesigned and rebalanced. every tree now takes 18 Command Points to unlock. Every unlock path has been more viable to take, allowing for more diversity in your games.
    • Cleaned up and improved a lot of the game's UI. All descriptions and names have been improved drastically, all the hotkey fixed issues have been resolved, a lot of the graphics have been updated.
    • High definition ground textures have been added, adding additional detail while maintaining the original feel of the maps.
    • Local ambient occlusion masks have been improved and added for every faction unit creating a nice visual addition to the game.
    • Improved all crater normal maps, creating a more realistic and nuanced look. Crater sizes and depth have also been adjusted and improved.
    • The AI has been greatly improved once again. Script performance has been optimized, large part of the code has been completely rewritten to majorly improve AIs target choices and resource spending.
    • All maps have received up to 100 AI markers per map. This means that the AI will form better front lines, have a better idea where the weak spots in enemy defenses are and it'll also use thee markers for possible positions for building its emplacements.
    • Fixed nearly all reported bugs, errors and imbalances. This includes save game crashes, campaign and tutorials.

Download Back to Basics v3.0

Mirrors: Rapidshare1, Rapidshare2, Mega, StrategyInformer, CloudZer

Download Back to Basics v3.1

Mirrors: to be added

Screenshots

Changelogs

We would like to thank everybody who plays the mod, and especially those who send us all the feedback. We express our apologies for postponing the release for such a long time. The work wasn't idle during all this time, however, we hope it will be fully worth the wait!

As it is only AGameAnx and I who develop the mod, there's always a chance we have overlooked something. Please remember to give feedback about your gameplay experience while playing the mod!

Good luck, have fun!

---

Previous release

Last edited by Celution; 25th Mar 13 at 9:14 AM.

Sounds good, will there be different tank commander skins?

3. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #3
    Well, I'm looking for a skinner, so if I won't get one, then no, otherwise yes.

Nugiman
    Does commonwealth and PE have mgs too in this mod? i just cant get used to it that they do not have...

5. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #5
    Yeah, I will add then in v1.01, but my priority for today was adding some importent stuff, so I could release v1.00 tonight.

IRGC
    Good job I'm downloading it now

7. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #7
    thanks, keep looking, I will update it sometimes daily, sometimes weekly.

cunhaBR
    Keep the good work

9. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #9

v1.01 released

Small update, added some things. (download at the first post)

American:

Deuce and a half, can do the same as the Axis Opel Blitz.

Commonwealth:

The AT-gun works now, it was a spelling in the ebps file error...
    - it has an crew of 4

I decided to wait adding the MG and mortar teams for the commonwealth, because they have no unit_icon, so it would be a pink box, or a US icon from the mg and mortar team, I'll ask RGB to make me, but thta might take a while. So you have to do it wiht the commando HMG and mortar teams
    Last edited by Celution; 14th Aug 08 at 2:25 AM.

10. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #10

v1.03 released

Changes:

American:
    - Set new costs for M26 Pershing.
    - Sergeant, Radio Team are now 1 in a squad.

Wehrmacht:
    - Set new costs for the Tiger.

And small things that are not worth typing
    Last edited by Celution; 15th Aug 08 at 6:57 AM.

Great mod, I'll try it out as soon as i can. I assume you need a modeller to help add new vehicles and weapons with the OE?

EDIT: Just thought i'd say the radio man is a awesome idea....
    Last edited by raizan; 17th Aug 08 at 6:28 AM.
    wazzup wizard?

12. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #12
    Yes, i need. But when you will make new models, we'll wait for the OE . But you can already use the OE, and ask in the Main armoury, there's a thread about it, how it works....

Introducing new Team member: Raizan

Thank for the Radio guy, I thought it's unrealistic, jsut calling in Artillery without a spotter. I didn't add the Straffing and Bombing Runs because, then the airborne tree would be half gone...
    But I'm planning to make new comany commander trees. But not yet.
    Last edited by Celution; 17th Aug 08 at 12:04 PM.

We're going to be adding some more vehicles to this mod, think popular stuff in WW2 that never made CoH. I'll let celestial announce them since what we've talked about isn't concrete.

14. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #14
    Yep what Raizan said, we'll add some vehicles in this mod.

This was the idea:

Wehrmacht.
    - Pz.Kpfw. II ausf. F.
    - Pz.Kpfw. III.
    - Jagdtiger.

Panzer Elite.
    - 105mm lefH18
    - StuG III ausf. B

American.
    - M18 Hellcat.
    - M24 Chaffee.

Any ideas of vehicles that were used and that are usefull in CoH, please tell us on this thread.
    Last edited by Celution; 14th Jan 10 at 4:03 AM.

Wehrmacht.
    - Pz.Kpfw. II ausf. F.
    - Pz.Kpfw. III.
    - Jagdtiger.
    can u add a kubelwagen too that can cary 3 ppl? I have always loved the kubel...

Back To Basics Forum: http://www.btbmod.com/

16. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #16
    Yeah, that will be possible. I like the kubel too .
    Also the schwimmwagen will be in the game, maby we place that one and make it possible that it can carry 3 guys. It will save lots of time. But if you hate the schwimm... I will discuss with Raizan.

celestial you need to add me on xfire:
    GossamerSolid

and then I'll give you my ventrilo server info and we are gonna talk tonight at 9:00 EST. My entire mod team will be there. Failure to show up will mean you aren't serious about your proposal and it'll be off. See you there.

i dont hate the schwimmwagen, though if the kubel is added i do know i would build that one way more than the schwimm(it cant even go over water )

19. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #19
    Yeah, that's true, it can't cross water We'll see if we add the kubel.

20. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #20
    I'm so stealing the M3 Grant if/when it makes it ingame, same goes for some of those other vehicles!

This all looks pretty interesting, but don't get to indepth, as when the next patch comes out you'll have to remake about 80% of the mod! Yes, yes, i'm dreading it too, i'm just hoping i can squeeze another release out before that patch.

21. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #21
    Yeah I know... But making a plan is fun And LD, IF the M3 will make it into the game, you may "steal" it but give the Back to Basics team the credits for it XD

credit to back to basics mod and, the creator of the model (raizan correct?)

23. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #23
    Yeah Raizan will make the models (and make them working) and I will place them into the game.

So We're going ahead with the jagdtiger? Awesome

Anywho, I have been quite busy with the M18 hellcat, i suppose i had to start with my favorite. The tank is coming along nicely, but i am currently securing a place/preparing for university, i haven't had too much time on my hands.

Don't forget we still need a skinner to bring these tanks to life. It would be much better to release images of the mod with the skinned vehicles, I believe the use of 'invisible textures' etc is the secret to getting decent looking models to run on its game engine

EDIT: I was previously working on the mod 'vehicle pack', it makes sense to merge with this mod

25. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #25
    Yes I knew I forgot the Jagtiger in the post... I want it so bad.
    Also, yes merge the two mods together to this one. I PM you back.
    Also, I'm searching for skinners. Not much luck yet.

Hawkes66
    Would be nice to see a Matilda II in game

27. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #27
    Well the problem is, this mod is for the stuff in Normandy (except the M3 though). And the Matilda was used in Afrika. We'll see, we'll finish the others first. Also, if you're a skinner, we need one.

Bunkerbua
    Wow this mod sounds awesome! Im going to play now a testround Yeah im interested to skin for your mod, but you got to know that i havent got much experience in skinning

29. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #29
    Well as far I daw the Henschel, it looked awesome. Everyone has to start once. We need a vehicle skinner, because Tyler does the Infantry. You can start when I uploaded the new update today.
    We'll discuss what skins we want. Also if you're working in this team, don't make other mods yourself.... kk?

30. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #30

v1.04 Released (download at first post)

This are the updates:

General.
    All Artillery damage greatly increased.

American.
    - The Captain gained the skin from Capt. Mckay
    - The Sergeant gained the skin from Sgt. Conti.
    - Some things added/changed/removed.

Commonwealth.
    - The Canadian Infantry require the Canadian Artillery tech tree to be trained.

Wehrmacht.
    - The Hauptmann gained the skin from Major-General Voss.

Panzer Elite.
    - New unit: Logistic Pioneers.
    ---- 3 man squad
    ---- They have Lufwaffe ground forces skins
    ---- Can build the Pantherturm and Mortar Bunker.
    ---- Buildable from the Brute Force Center.
    ---- Require the Scorched Earth Tactics to train.
    ---- New unit icon/symbol/portrait.
    - Buildable Patherturm (by the Logistic Pioneers).
    - Buildable Mortar Bunker (by the Logistic Pioneers).
    ---- Can train Panzer Grenadiers.
    ---- Can heal, reinforce and resupply nearby squads (if upgraded at HQ).
    - The forward HQ can train Panzer Grenadiers, MG- and Mortar Teams.

cunhaBR
    Hey celéstial. USC files is missing man

32. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #32
    Ups I forgot to add it will upload it now.

Edit: Uploaded it, just use the downlaod link.

33. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #33
    You know the Matilda MkI and MkII were boht used in Normandy... in 1940!

A lot were captured by the germans after Dunkirk(sp?), so you could always skin them in in the hands of one or the other.

34. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #34
    Hey, I didn't know that! We'll see if we add it, first we make the others ingame. I want the Jagdtiger, M3 Grand/Lee and the m18 Hellcat so bad .

m18 hellcat was an awsome tank and a favorite of mine(personal favorite....but not over the Panzer IV for me)

36. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #36
    Yeah, it looks awesome, and if was a very effective tank hunter. The crew liked it too .

hmm m18 hellcat (beta already has unskinned model) will probably included in future patches as part of dlc i think

*edit* scratch that question if you read it, about the vehicles you where working on, any screenies?
    Last edited by Sad_eyed_Irony; 25th Aug 08 at 7:07 AM.
    AKA Sad_eyed_Irony!!

39. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #39
    @ Sad Eyed Irony: No screens yet, but the model from the toirtoise is done, but ask Raizan to post them. He's this week on holiday, so he won't be online untill friday or saturday... So, when he'll comes online ask him, adn I'll do too.

@ Mannerheim: Yeah, I saw that in the main Company of Heroes section. We maby could sue that. But Raizan already started on the M18. But we'll see.

Both, did you tried the mod?

sorry my questions was answered
    Last edited by happygharry; 25th Aug 08 at 12:15 PM.

41. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #41
    Well, raizan makes the models, I don't know what program he uses... sorry, he comes back from holiday saturday, so ask him them .

well i havent showed a wip skin for grenadier,(if u bitch bout it ill kill u its still a WIP) but yea heres a preview,celestial ive been on vacation too got back yesterday so this is why no work or progress has been made. SUPPORTIVE criticism is accepted.

Spoiler

Last edited by tyler4171; 28th Aug 08 at 4:13 AM.

looks good, I dont know what with the helmet though. If your gonna do something for the German soldiers thts grey, may I recommend what most people think germans looked like: Dark greysh blue with dark boots and a shiny dark helm.

44. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #44
    I don't recognise the camo pattern on the helmet, what is it meant to be?

like i said it is a WIP, I trying to experiment making oak leaf it didnt work though, so im redoing the helm.

Hmm, the hellcat is in the beta? We don't need 2 do we? :P

For now, i'll focus on getting the tortoise out of blender and into max (thats the program i use, 3DS-max). Since we now have a skinner, it would be best to skin it first..... Next up, the jagdtiger.

47. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #47
    Good to hear you're back mate. Can't wait untill we've got screen form the Jagdtiger, and others!

I got some ideas to allies armor, i hope it isnt too late . First of all your mod sound soo avesome. But my ideas: Could you give some mobile arty support to allies like this, remove allies infantry howizer and replace it whit M12 GMC aka "Long tom" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M12_Gun_Motor_Carriage ) or late war maps M40 GMC. And if you plannin to give Jagdtiger to axis so please give T29 heavy tank to american armor company like limited 1 or 2 per time, so that would be gread balance to allies players. And yes i know that tank didnt saw combat at ww2, but that Tortoise didnt saw combat neither, but that tortoise is still so cool idea and dont remove it to your plans

49. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #49
    Nah, we won't remove teh tortoise. We added it because the Brits needed a big gun:P. That gun you gave tehe link of, I like it! I totally forgot that1.. But look the T29, no, just no... The Jagdtiger, will be added in the same doctrine as the KT, and you will be able to choose (when you unlock the KT) between the KT OR the Jagdtiger. And only once in the battle. The M18 Hellcat, and all other Allied tanks (exepct the M26) won't be limited. Also 3 Hellcat's can jsut flank the Jagtiger (Because it has not turret) etc.
    But when ANY allied tank faces the 128mm PaK from the Jagdtiger...

Anyway, thanks for ideas, I really appriciate that!

Damn, look at the size of that artillery cannon :O

This mod is still fairly new, not much is concrete right now....the tortoise is necessary because not online does it reflect the brits slower, more defensive style of play, but it really is providing some heavy they lack compared to the axis. For the americans, there armour right now tends to be quantitive, fast and hard hitting. A big slow tank wouldn't go well with a pack off 55MPH hellcat's would it?

I wouldn't rule anything out mind, we could still add vehicles after the intial release.

EDIT: One thing i would like to do if i was good enough with the mod studio was replace the normal commando sqaud (with the red berets) to the commando's with helmets as standard (on the first level of the market garden campaign)...they just look much cooler IMO.
    Last edited by raizan; 29th Aug 08 at 5:47 PM.

Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information