Is anyone interested in helping with an infantry only realism mini mod?

Is anyone interested in helping with an infantry only realism mini mod?

I was thinking of making a MOD called Platoon 1939-41. (Literally limiting the unit capacity to realistic full size companies for both Axis and Americans. I wanted to start off real small and work up from there but I just don’t have the time right now. Maybe someone can however use my idea’s for their own mod?)

Here is what I would have liked to see for the German side:

A Platoon Leader with SMG MP-40 hard capped to one. This Platoon Leader will act as a special unit able to call in additional forces. This unit will also be a starting unit and buildable at the HQ.

A platoon HQ Team used also as a starting unit. This unit will consist of:
    1 Platoon HQ Leader with Rifle
    1 Messenger with K98 Rifle
    1 Messenger with K98 Rifle
    1 Messenger with Sniper Rifle
    1 Medic with Pistol
    Abilities will consist of: throw grenade, sprint, suppressive volley and ambush. Unit buildable at the HQ.

Mortar Team hard capped to 1 at a time. Unit will consist of:
    1 Mortar Leader with K98 Rifle
    1 Mortar man 1 with Pistol and 50mm Mortar
    1 Mortar man 2 with Pistol
    Abilities will consist of: Counter battery fire, smoke barrage, mortar barrage. Unit buildable at the HQ.

Riffle squads hard capped at 4. Each riffle squad will consist of:
    1 Group Leader with SMG
    1 Machinegun man 1 with Pistol and LMG 42
    1 Machinegun man 2 with Pistol
    1 Machinegun man 3 with Rifle
    1 Infantry man with rifle
    The LMG team will be physically separate from the riffle squad for micromanagement purposes but build with the infantry squad.
    Abilities will consist of: throw grenade, assault, sprint, suppressive volley and ambush. Unit buildable at the HQ.

I wanted to do the same exact thing for the American side and work my way up from there. I would use the American vet system for all infantry both axis and allies. I’d make vet increase accuracy, incoming accuracy etc.

I would make all infantry die fast while not in cover. Etc. You know, realism.

Again, I know this MOD would be very limited in scope and depth. But… I bet fighting with a mere squad on multiplayer 2vs2 or 4vs4 would be a lot of fun. Thoughts anyone?

Oh, I was even thinking... if keeping true to the small scale... we could make or someone could make every individual soldier controlable. Perhaps save for the mortar team and LMG teams.
    Last edited by Teleon; 18th Nov 08 at 1:07 PM. Reason: topic title broke board rules.
    Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat!

2. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #2
    Teleon, I see you've been a while around here, and you should know that questions should be asked in the Armoury.
    Also, don't make mod requests.

Oh, Right!!! umm... let me change the topic title to looking for help with a MOD. I can at least start it... haha... right, right... :loco:

sry!

It isn't a request, it is him laying down his initial ideas for his own mod.

Thanks willsey2007, I was looking for help with it... kind of. I changed the topic title to show this. If the thread gets locked... then I deserve it.
    Worse case is I go ahead and start the work and never finish it.

Oh and yeah, I could probably help you to do some stuff, but I don't have a lot of time so if you just wanted me to do bits of like squad editing and abilities then sure.

I'll keep that in mind Willsey2007... let me see how far I can get. I know i'll need someone to do skinning and stuff. But... we shall see.

8. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #8
    Ohh ok, I get it, it was something like an anncounccement?

Yeah… I was indeed however asking for help at the same time. So... I won't be in the least bit disappointed if the thread is moved, locked or deleted.

The Sheikh
    So you're basically copying the TO/E for a german infantry & Us infantry company in '44. Gonna include EVERYTHING in the to/e? I don't think it's gonna work.

Yes, I'm going to try and include most everything. I was even think of making each and every single soldier his own controllable unit (man) Thus, you would be able to control every single soldier, besides weapon crews, individually.

For example, I would have a squad spawn off map as a battle group consisting of each individual soldier spawned as its own unit.

IKD. I’m playing around. When I have material to release… I’ll release it.

well i was just making a few maps which could be good for infantry only one is a german base being assaulted by the english and the other is a town and country both are quiet small and would be good for infantry
    << hehe i love it
    "A fighter pilot is always on the offensive, if he has a mig on his tail he is in a poor offensive position but the mig is in a very good defensive position"---a red arrow pilot at the air tattoo air show :)

Yes, I was thinking that multiplayer would have to be limited to smaller maps. Heck, some of the 1vs1 maps would now make really good 2vs2 maps. I’ll have to check out your map… but, you’re more than welcome to do what you please once I release some material.

ya kk i need to know how to take screen shots because i pressed print screen is there anything else you need to press

Arkensis
    I was looking forward for such a mod for a long time. Sadly i don't have much knowledge about COH modding so I can't really help you, I do know quite a bit of c++, modeling and skinning, but I never did anything with COH.

I happen to have a core 'single soldier' mod I was working on a few months ago. Only pecked on it here and there since the loss of my HD.

I suppose I should mention that you may have bitten off more then you can chew. Drilling down in the scope of COH will bring up a slew of problems the game engine isn't exactly set up to handle. Lots more work needed then you might think. Examples? Not yet.

Are you planning on this being MP only or not? I've had to use several SCAR based helpers to get COH to provide a more realistic handling of single soldiers. This would probably kill MP play completely.

[shrug]

I've found that it would probably work better if you had 3 or so man teams, so in a squad perhaps the LMG section, and two rifle groups, with the leader either on his own or in one of the three sections.

While the idea sounds rather interesting, the maps seem a bit too big for only 1 platoon to fight on them; maybe a company would be a better choice? (no pun intended)

churchill rifle
    i will help i have been looking to make a mod like this but i have to ask are you going to completly remove vehicles because even transports can be powerful in an inf only because they can block gunshot to mortars and stuff
    P.S. I would love to work on the brits i have some really good ideas for command trees
    P.S.S also they're my favorites email me

churchill rifle
    pm me
    Last edited by churchill rifle; 21st Feb 09 at 4:19 PM.

I think this mod is dead. Furthermore, I really don't recommend you to post your e-mail on a public forum like this one.
    "Not a day goes by, that I don't think of the men I served with, who never got to enjoy the world without war." Major Richard Dick Winters.

churchill rifle
    thanks

Thread Information