I just wanted to throw these ideas out to some fans of this MOD. Basically, the only real difference between SP and MP are the tank crews, which the AI doesn't know how to use. I have some ideas on how to reconstruct the tanks crews without completely eliminating them but still make the AI have some use for them.
1. All tanks when built already have tank crews in them but can be ejected by the human player if he so wishes. The AI doesn't eject them anyway so that basically ends the problem with the AI having immobile tanks. While human players have the option to replace a new tank crews with a veteran one (if he can retreat them fast enough). So basically tank crews still gain vet and unlock abilities which is what the author of this mod intended.
2. Tank crews can no longer be trained.
3. So what will a human player do with the extra tank crew if he replaces the new of with a vet one? They already have repair, but my suggestion is make it advanced repair. I mean who would know more about fixing tanks than its crew right? I'm sure they were trained to do some sort of field repairs.
4. What will the AI do with a tank crew once its tank gets destroyed? Aside from the repair ability (which they consistently do and makes the AI harder) I was thinking of giving the tank crew a weapon and upgrades depending on their veterancy. I'm pretty sure real life tank crews must have had some sort of weapons training. Its not like they're just drivers drafted into the army. Like for example:
No Vet crews get pistols
Vet 1 crews have a sub machine pistol upgrade. (MP40, grease gun, etc.)
Vet 2 crews get a better sub machine pistol upgrade. (MP44s, BARS, Thompsons, Stens, etc.)
Vet 3 crews get grenades
Nothing concrete, I'm just citing examples.
5. Weapons also makes tank crews without tanks somewhat useful for human players, especially with advanced repairs.
So what do you guys think? Would you prefer that both SP and MP be combined into one Kick-ass mod?
Then again, if someone out there could find a way to actually make the AI garrison tank crews into tanks them none of these ideas really matter....